August 30th, 2022 IRC Meeting

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search

Review

Decisions/Endorsements

Support XR Boston Week of Rebellion

https://xrboston.org/news/september-week-rebellion-events/

Projects

Outreach

Meeting poll

Party Conference & Elections

Fostering Locals

  • Boston-area meeting, September 10th

Planning for 2023 Local Elections

Video Newsletter/Podcast

Leader: Joseph

  • Pirate news recording scheduled for Sundays, 7pm with go-live at 7:30pm. Unless changed

Other To Do

  • Application to PPI

Upcoming Events

Participants

  • jokeefe (James O’Keefe, Somerville)
  • srevilak (Steve Revilak, Arlington)
  • Joe (Joseph Onoroski, Lowell)

Observers

  • davidd
  • hvxgr
  • slerman

Summary

XR Boston week of rebellion

Outreach

  • only good times for the poll were Tue/Wed/Th 8pm+
  • We'll move meetings to Thu 9pm, starting next week

Conference

Pirate News

  • Planning for the usual recording on Sunday

Upcoming Bills (financial, not legislative)

  • Joe and jokeefe discussed logistics

Minutes

 
21:02 <~jokeefe> Agenda:
        https://masspirates.org/wiki/August_30th,_2022_IRC_Meeting
21:02 <~jokeefe> ids
21:02 < Joe> Joseph Onoroski, Lowell
21:02 <~jokeefe> Anything to add?
21:03 <~jokeefe> James O’Keefe, Somerville
21:03 < srevilak> Steve Revilak, Arlington
21:03 < Joe> Response from National for party conference
21:04 <~jokeefe> Sounds good
21:04 <~jokeefe> Decisions/Endorsements
21:04 <~jokeefe> Support XR Boston Week of Rebellion?
21:04 < srevilak> Motion to support
21:05 <~jokeefe> details at
        https://xrboston.org/news/september-week-rebellion-events/
21:05 < Joe> 2nd
21:06 < Joe> Tbh I thought this was a given.
21:06 <~jokeefe> all in favor?
21:06 < srevilak> aye
21:06 < Joe> Aye
21:06 <~jokeefe> aye
21:07 <~jokeefe> motion passes then
21:07 <~jokeefe> will announce it and setup an event
21:08 < Joe> Also, may we add "current bills" to the agenda
21:10 <~jokeefe> Sure. Current Bills then
21:11 < Joe> Umm, discuss now or at the end?
21:11 <~jokeefe> We are in the Decisions phase
21:12 < Joe> Ok, I was temporarily confused by syntax. Please do not
        let me interrupt.
21:13 <~jokeefe> The floor is yours Joe - Current Bills
21:13 < Joe> Umm, it's really not pressing jokeefe.
21:14 <~jokeefe> ok
21:14 <~jokeefe> Projects
21:14 <~jokeefe> Outreach
21:15 <~jokeefe> the only good times for the poll were Tue/Wed/Th 8pm+
21:16 < srevilak> I'm okay with Tu, Thu.  Weds are difficult
21:17 < Joe> Thursday is doable for me. Tuesday free will allow for me
        to annoy my local government. 😇
21:18 <~jokeefe> I am fine moving to Thursdays
21:18 <~jokeefe> Thursday 9pm?
21:18 < srevilak> Thurs 9pm is fine
21:18 < Joe> Sounds good to me, but lets make it next week?
21:18 < srevilak> Sure (aka, not this Thursday, two days from now)
21:19 < Joe> Motion to move meetings to Thursdays starting next week.
21:19 < srevilak> 2nd
21:19 <~jokeefe> Agreed. One day a week is good
21:19 <~jokeefe> aye
21:21 <~jokeefe> all in favor?
21:21 < srevilak> aye
21:21 < Joe> Aye
21:21 <~jokeefe> aye
21:21 <~jokeefe> motion passes
21:22 < Joe> One point though....
21:23 < Joe> Will this conflict with uspp tech meeting?
21:23 <~jokeefe> yes
21:23 <~jokeefe> ?
21:23 <~jokeefe> yes, but I will move it
21:23 <~jokeefe> starting next week
21:25 < Joe> Thank you.
21:26 <~jokeefe> Conference - reminder sign ups at
        https://masspirates.org/crew/forms/speak-our-2022-party-conference
21:26 <~jokeefe> for being a speaker
21:27 < Joe> One note of the conference, there was a lot of excitement
        from USPP to speak. They suggested doing a panel.
21:28 < Joe> Oz may do a pre-recording due to him still fighting fires
        out west.
21:28 <~jokeefe> Sounds exciting
21:28 <~jokeefe> What panel topic do they have in mind?
21:29 < Joe> I suggested who were are, where we are at and where we are
        headed for a base but you know how we love to talk. ^.^
21:30 <~jokeefe> ok. how much time do they want?
21:30 < Joe> Yari, pmchi and AJ are def come to join us, probably more.
21:30 < Joe> That I'm not sure.
21:30 < Joe> I suggest we just send over the signup form to them.
21:32 < Joe> I think a solid 2 hours would be reasonable. We want to
        have time for other speakers too.
21:32 < Joe> Definitely want mesh and RCV if possible.
21:33 <~jokeefe> Good topics
21:33 <~jokeefe> We likely will need more than 4 hours
21:33 < Joe> If we are going to ER, can we get a guest speaker from
        them too?
21:34 <~jokeefe> I can ask
21:36 <~jokeefe> Still good for recording pirate news on Sunday?
21:37 < srevilak> yes
21:37 < Joe> Yes
21:39 <~jokeefe> great
21:40 <~jokeefe> Joe, you wanted to talk about Current Bills?
21:41 < Joe> Yes
21:42 < Joe> I saw that we have bills for operating cost coming up. I
        would like to switch to paying out of the account.
21:42 < Joe> Should I give you the card info over signal so you could
        pay that web bill?
21:43 <~jokeefe> That sounds good
21:43 < srevilak> (heh, I was expecting current legislative bills)
21:43 <~jokeefe> Using Signal to transfer that info would be good.
21:43 < Joe> Yeah, that's what I usually hit you with but this is for
        MAPPs expenses.
21:44 < srevilak> :)
21:45 < Joe> This way our donations can be much cleaner and budget easier
        to do at the end of the year.
21:45 < Joe> It's time.
21:45 < Joe> Permission to share with srevilak as well due to his in-kind
        for postal services.
21:46 <~jokeefe> Agreed. Will check what upcoming expenses there are
        and get them setup.
21:46 < srevilak> Postal can be paid electronically, via usps.com.
21:46 < srevilak> Will send pointer next time the bill comes due
21:46 < Joe> Ok, that works. ^.^
21:48 <~jokeefe> That is all I have to discuss
21:48 <~jokeefe> Shall we adjourn?
21:48 < Joe> Same, motion to adjourn.
21:48 < Joe> 2nd
21:48 < srevilak> aye
21:48 < srevilak> will post transcript
21:48 < Joe> And aye