December 18th, 2019 IRC Meeting

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search


Platform Discussion

Moved to 2020 Platform Discussion


  • Cancel next two meeting since they are on XMas and New Years?


Goals for Q1 2020:

  • Organize meetups
  • Organize election
  • Organize Fundraiser(s)
  • Organize candidate trainings
  • Revise platform

Regional Meetings/Events

Leader: jokeefe

  • Worcester meetup update?

Video Newsletter

Leader: Joseph

  • Next pirate news recording?

Democracy and Dogfood (Tech)

Next meeting will be in January. Topics are:

  • find discussion/voting system;
  • update CCTV cameras to include older cameras outside North America we didn't include;
  • write an app to record the location/ownership of CCTV cameras;
  • set up torrents for PirateCon videos (creynolds);
  • post remaining audio for PirateCon talks (srevilak).

Lobby Day for S.899 (An Act relative to forfeiture reform)

  • setup sign up sheet (jokeefe)
  • post announcement (jokeefe)
  • email announcement (jokeefe)

Tabled Projects

National Party

Boston Sex Worker Petition

Computer Donations

FOSS Tutorials

Worcester farm group is interested in having some FOSS tutorials. Perhaps:

  • how to do basic labels in GIMP,
  • work through a few sample spreadsheets related to seed cost and
  • similarly applicable real-world situations, depending on the needs of the group

Basically how to do graph design & product management with open source tools. Malt will put together a one paragraph description of what we need and we can mail it out to ask pirates to help.

Fight bills to make the Film Credit Permanent

H.2419 would make the film tax credit permanent. It is supposed to expire in 2023. The bill has 100+ signatures this time around. jokeefe will submit testimony.

Upcoming Events

  • 12/17, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Encuentro 5, Boston
  • 12/24, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 1/?, 11am-1pm, Democracy and Dogfood (Tech) Meeting, ?
  • 1/7, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, ?
  • 1/14, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Democracy Center, Cambridge
  • 1/17, 7pm, ?, Worcester Meetup, Stone Soup, 4 King St, Worcester
  • 1/21, 10am-3pm, D4 lobby day for S.899 (An Act relative to forfeiture reform)
  • 1/21, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Encuentro 5, Boston
  • 1/28, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 2/?, 11am-1pm, Democracy and Dogfood (Tech) Meeting, Diesel Cafe, Somerville
  • 2/4, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 2/11, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Democracy Center, Cambridge
  • Spring 2020, ?, Springfield Meetup
  • Spring 2020, ?, Boston Meetup


  • jokeefe: James O’Keefe, Somerville
  • Malt: Sam capradae, Worcester


  • igel[m]
  • davidd
  • Deffy
  • haskal[m]
  • MikaelaSuomalainen
  • ChanServ




[9:04pm] jokeefe: Agenda:,_2019_IRC_Meeting
[9:04pm] jokeefe: ids
[9:04pm] Malt: Sam capradae, Worcester
[9:04pm] jokeefe: James O’Keefe, Somerville
[9:04pm] Creynolds87: Christine Reynolds, Cambridge
[9:05pm] jokeefe: anything to add?
[9:05pm] Malt: Nyet
[9:05pm] Creynolds87: Nothing to add from me
[9:07pm] jokeefe: Platform Discussion - sorry, haven’t posted about it yet. Been busy with work and family
[9:07pm] jokeefe: Decisions/Endorsements
[9:07pm] jokeefe: The next two meetings are on XMas and New Years day. Does it make sense to cancel those meetings?
[9:07pm] Malt: Understandable
[9:08pm] Malt: I'd say so yes
[9:08pm] Creynolds87 left the chat room.
[9:09pm] Creynolds87 joined the chat room.
[9:10pm] Creynolds87: Sorry guys, having issues
[9:10pm] Creynolds87: It makes sense to cancel the next two meetings
[9:10pm] jokeefe: ok. thanks
[9:11pm] jokeefe: Projects
[9:11pm] jokeefe: Regional Meetings/Events
[9:11pm] jokeefe: Did you get a chance to contact the library, Malt?
[9:11pm] Malt: Not yet
[9:12pm] jokeefe: no worries
[9:13pm] jokeefe: Tis the season for other responsibilities
[9:13pm] jokeefe: Video Newsletter - Still working on audio recording setup
[9:14pm] Malt: Did we figure out a Hangouts replacement?
[9:14pm] jokeefe: Trying to get OBS working to perform the recording
[9:15pm] jokeefe: But hangouts can still do the video chat part
[9:16pm] jokeefe: Democracy and Dogfood (Tech) - Will send reminders for poll for the date
[9:16pm] Malt: Oh cool
[9:17pm] Creynolds87: Sounds good
[9:18pm] jokeefe: Lobby Day for S.899 (An Act relative to forfeiture reform) - will get that out before XMas
[9:19pm] jokeefe: For national party - Joe is now the national party treasurer
[9:20pm] jokeefe: That is all I have at this time.
[9:22pm] Malt left the chat room. (Quit:
[9:23pm] jokeefe: shall we adjourn?
[9:23pm] Creynolds87: Aye
[9:23pm] jokeefe: aye
[9:23pm] jokeefe: have a great two weeks!
[9:24pm] Creynolds87: Thanks you too! Happy Holidays!
[9:24pm] jokeefe: you too!
[9:24pm] jokeefe: thanks