March 16th, 2023 Meeting
From Mass Pirate WikiJump to navigationJump to search
Meeting to be held via video conference: https://ca.meet.coop/mas-ub4-8ox-vtj.
United States Pirate Party Issues?
Planning for 2023 Local Elections
- Pirate news recording scheduled for Sundays, 7pm with go-live at 7:30pm. Unless changed
Other To Do
- Application to PPI
- Boston Pride
- June 3rd, Trans Resistance March
- Red Umbrella Summer Event?
Position on cash
- Someone reached out to jokeefe, asking if we had a position on cash
- srevilak likes using cash. Less data collection, and doesn't impose fees on merchant.
- Joe supports using cash, as a small business owner.
- jokeefe likes the anonymity.
- srevilak cites a guardian article that talked about embarassing venmo payments.
- should consider having a plank about cash.
- Last meeting mostly covered losing the KY PP, and what we could do to prevent this in the future.
- jokeefe contacted some of the Somerville pirates. Hoping to start process in April or May
- We'll use the Lowell Conference as an opportunity to reach out to potential candidates
- Steve is busy with local elections in Arlington, supporting Select Board candidate Len Diggins.
Topics for Pirate News
- Jamie discusses a company that used publish guitar tabulature. They were bought by a private equity firm, and now the content is paywalled.
- MBTA communities, and AG's memo stating intentions to enforce the law.
Trans resistance march
- May be an opportunity for privacy and security training.