April 12th, 2022 IRC Meeting

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Revision as of 20:46, 12 April 2022 by Srevilak (talk | contribs) (→‎Minutes)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigationJump to search

Review

Decisions/Endorsements

Platform

Planks: https://github.com/masspirates/planks

What we are working on now:


Projects

Outreach

Leader: Malt

What topics should we discuss Saturday?

Video Newsletter/Podcast

Leader: Joseph

  • Pirate news recording scheduled for Sundays, 7pm with go-live at 7:30pm. Unless changed

Other To Do

  • Application to PPI

Upcoming Events

Participants

  • jokeefe (James O'Keefe, Somerville)
  • srevilak (Steve Revilak)
  • Joe (Joseph Onoroski, Lowell)
  • malt

Observers

  • davidd_
  • hvxgr
  • slerman

Summary

Boat

Pirate Moots

  • One scheduled for 4/23.
  • Next one Saturday 5/28

Pirate News

  • Next episode: meet at 7pm Sunday

Platform

Minutes

 
21:04 <~jokeefe> Agenda:
        https://masspirates.org/wiki/April_12th,_2022_IRC_Meeting
21:04 <~jokeefe> ids please
21:04 <~jokeefe> James O'Keefe, Somerville
21:04 < srevilak> Steve Revilak
21:05 < Joe> Joseph Onoroski, Lowell
21:05 <~jokeefe> anything to add?
21:05 < Joe> Boat
21:06 <~jokeefe> ok. let's talk boat
21:06 <~jokeefe> the floor is yours Joe
21:07 < Joe> I would consider this a non major issue and platform would
        be more important,  just want to set a time I can show it to you and
        make you guys burgers.
21:08 <~jokeefe> typing isn't my thing today :-(
21:09 < Joe> No worries, I have had more than my share of off days.
21:09 <~jokeefe> Massmesh has a potluck at my place on 5/8, we have the
        moot on 4/23
21:10 <~jokeefe> May Moot?
21:10 <~jokeefe> 5/28
21:10 < srevilak> Sure, we can do one in May
21:11 <~jokeefe> memorial day weekend?
21:11 < srevilak> May 28th (Saturday)?
21:11 < Joe> 4th Saturday? We can do a veteran issues podcast.
21:11 <~jokeefe> yes
21:11 <~jokeefe> in person could be good
21:12 <~jokeefe> does 5/28 work for you joe?
21:12 < Joe> Yes. Is that for in person?
21:13 <~jokeefe> yes. going ee cummings for this meeting
21:16 <~jokeefe> is 5/28 fine joe or would you want to try in june?
21:17 < srevilak> hi malt
21:17 < Joe> Sorry for the confusion, yes that's fine.
21:17 <~jokeefe> ahoy malt. joe offered to have us over and we are
        picking a date. 5/28 is the likely time. does that work for you?
21:18 <~jokeefe> that is the may moot
21:19 < malt> bbl
21:19 < Joe> Ahoy Malt
21:20 < malt> hey guys, in script review rn
21:20 <~jokeefe> tell them we say hi
21:21 <~jokeefe> 5/28 it is for the in-person meeting, then
21:21 < malt> ok!
21:21 <~jokeefe> Platform
21:21 <~jokeefe> joe would you send me the address and I will start
        telling people
21:22 < Joe> ***************************
21:23 < malt> that maybe shouldn't go in the public record
21:23 < srevilak> I'll (bleep) it!
21:24 <~jokeefe> i can offer people rides
21:24 <~jokeefe> thanks joe
21:24 < Joe> Np
21:24 < Joe> If people want to find me they just have to place an order
        and wait in que. ^.^
21:25 <~jokeefe> will look for what public transit is available
21:25 <~jokeefe> the new plank is up. we are working on
        https://etherpad.pp-international.net/p/MAPPCompetitionPlank
21:26 <~jokeefe> typing is not my thing today.
21:28 <~jokeefe> we on for pirate news on sunday?
21:28 < Joe> Do we have anything already written about unions?
21:29 < Joe> Yes, I will be there.
21:29 <~jokeefe> i believe we do
21:31 < Joe> I would like to see that written up on this plank. Since
        worker rights really help with breaking the strangle hold these big
        companies have.
21:31 <~jokeefe> actually, i don't see anything that explicitly talks
        about directly supporting unions.
21:32 <~jokeefe> would be good to add
21:32 < Joe> May we add to next week decisions to support unions to make
        it official, or just add that in?
21:33 < malt> i support supporting unions
21:33 <~jokeefe> sounds like a plan
21:33 < Joe> Motion to support unions and workers rights!
21:33 < malt> 2nd
21:33 < srevilak> aye
21:33 < Joe> Aye
21:34 <~jokeefe> aye
21:35 <~jokeefe> succinct
21:35 <~jokeefe> any opposed?
21:36 <~jokeefe> motion passes
21:38 < Joe> Seems like a gaping hole in our policy.
21:38 <~jokeefe> srevilak/malt is sunday still good?
21:38 < malt> yeah
21:39 < srevilak> Tangentally, yes
21:39 <~jokeefe> then it is a go
21:40 <~jokeefe> would pushing it back/forward 30 minutes help with
        scheduling srevilak?
21:40 < srevilak> 7pm is fine
21:40 <~jokeefe> 7pm for meet time or record time?
21:42 < srevilak> I was assuming 7pm for meet and 7:30 for record
21:42 < srevilak> (i.e., usual times)
21:42 <~jokeefe> thanks for clarifying
21:43 < srevilak> Tangental: a few thoughts on capitalism from the Dodge
        Revolutionary Union Movement
21:43 < srevilak> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ixo0gtLIuLk
21:44 <~jokeefe> thanks
21:44 <~jokeefe> will have to watch that
21:44 <~jokeefe> i have nothing else to report. ok to adjourn or is
        there anything else to bring up?
21:44 < srevilak> ok to adjourn
21:45 < Joe> In favor of adjournment for the sake of your wrists
21:45 < Joe> 2nd
21:45 <~jokeefe> thanks!
21:45 <~jokeefe> all in favor?
21:45 < srevilak> will post transcript
21:45 < srevilak> aye
21:45 < Joe> Aye