April 14th, 2021 IRC Meeting

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Revision as of 21:50, 14 April 2021 by Jokeefe (talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigationJump to search

Review

Decisions/Endorsements

Platform

Projects

Outreach

Leader: Malt

  • Community Organizing Discussion, 4/24, 4-6pm
  • Setup local video meetups by region with people who said they were interested in organizing a local chapter
  • Organize candidate trainings

Video Newsletter/Podcast

Leader: Joseph

  • Pirate news recording scheduled for Sundays, 7pm with go-live at 7:30pm. Unless changed

Trans Advocacy Telethon

Boston Pride Festival

Leader: jokeefe

While in-person events, including outdoor events, are on hold until COVID-19 numbers go down, we should plan for our table at the Boston Pride Festival. Festival is on hold.

Tasks:

  • setup signup sheet
  • Announce
  • Need to purchase insurance
  • Need volunteer sign up form
  • Tie to an activity, mapping the CCTV cameras in Boston or along the Pride parade route?

Other To Do

  • Application to PPI

Upcoming On-line Events

  • Every Tuesday, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, on-line
  • 4/24, 4-6pm, Pirate Moot, on-line
  • Sat., ?, Tech Meetup, on-line

Participants

  • jokeefe (James O’Keefe, Somerville)
  • srevilak (Steve Revilak, Arlington)
  • malt (sam capradae, worcester)
  • Joe

Observers

  • davidd
  • Deffy
  • hvxgr
  • Mikaela
  • mikey
  • slerman

Summary

Decision/Endorsements.

Minutes

 


[9:00pm] jokeefe: Agenda: https://masspirates.org/wiki/April_14th,_2021_IRC_Meeting
[9:00pm] jokeefe: ids
[9:01pm] srevilak: thx
[9:01pm] jokeefe: Anything to add?
[9:01pm] srevilak: will have to hop off at 21:30 (work meeting)
[9:01pm] jokeefe: James O’Keefe, Somerville
[9:01pm] srevilak: Steve Revilak, Arlington
[9:02pm] jokeefe: Haven’t posted the bylaw/platform changes or announced them. Will have that done by the end of the week
[9:03pm] jokeefe: Hopefully will have a meshnet node up soon
[9:03pm] srevilak: nice
[9:03pm] srevilak: In my end of the world, we have two 40Bs in progress and town meeting starting later this month
[9:04pm] srevilak: Standard local government kind of stuff
[9:04pm] jokeefe: sounds good
[9:04pm] jokeefe: Decisions/Endorsements - Platform
[9:04pm] jokeefe: what topic should we work on next?
[9:05pm] srevilak: Is there an overall outline or list?
[9:06pm] jokeefe: We started with https://github.com/masspirates/planks
[9:06pm] malt joined the chat room.
[9:06pm] malt: sam capradae, worcester
[9:06pm] malt: hi pals
[9:06pm] jokeefe: ahoy malt
[9:06pm] srevilak: hi malt
[9:07pm] malt: sorry i'm late, i got distracted
[9:07pm] jokeefe: We could do https://github.com/masspirates/planks/blob/master/DrugPolicy.txt
[9:07pm] jokeefe: It happens. good to read you
[9:07pm] malt: ok!
[9:08pm] srevilak: sounds ok to me
[9:08pm] malt: are we editing it in github? i don't have an account
[9:08pm] Joe: sorry, fell asleep
[9:08pm] jokeefe: discussing what to update in the platform next
[9:08pm] Joe: I'm not too picky, just so long as we are doing
[9:09pm] jokeefe: we can, but haven’t. srevilak was asking what we are working from
[9:09pm] malt: ah okay
[9:09pm] jokeefe: perhaps could do DrugPolicy with https://github.com/masspirates/planks/blob/master/AddictionPolicy.txt
[9:11pm] Joe: Or a list of things to decriminalize
[9:13pm] jokeefe: are those two topics good or is there another topic in https://github.com/masspirates/planks you would prefer
[9:13pm] jokeefe: ?
[9:14pm] malt: it makes sense to combine drug policy with addiction
[9:15pm] malt75 joined the chat room.
[9:15pm] malt: owp i guess i logged out?
[9:15pm] malt: it makes sense to combine drug policy with addiction
[9:15pm] Joe: I would like to touch more on the enviroment
[9:16pm] malt: as a facet of addiction?
[9:16pm] Joe: I think we should incorporate a lot from the green party tbh but there are a few touches I would like to change.
[9:16pm] jokeefe: https://github.com/masspirates/planks/blob/master/Environment.txt
[9:17pm] malt: i've registered my github account
[9:17pm] Joe: Addiction is addiction and is a long slow hard road to treat
[9:17pm] jokeefe: that is a big hole in our platform
[9:17pm] Joe: It is.....
[9:17pm] • Joe sighs because it's an important one too.
[9:17pm] malt: ok, so we're choosing environment?
[9:18pm] Joe: Well, for one thing out entire trash system need a major overhaul
[9:18pm] jokeefe: I will take either, you ok with doing the environment first, malt & srevilak?
[9:18pm] Joe: We are not recycling most plastics atm, only type 1 and 2
[9:19pm] malt: I am!
[9:19pm] jokeefe: sadly it looks like many plastics that are recycled aren’t
[9:19pm] Joe: I'm not pushing for that first but would be happy to do it.
[9:20pm] jokeefe: any other thoughts?
[9:20pm] malt: Full-cost pricing
[9:20pm] Joe: putting it on the indiviual to process everything is wrong, we should have profession system in place to process all waste appropriately
[9:20pm] jokeefe: aye
[9:20pm] malt: including the cost of disposing of a product's waste into the sale price of the object
[9:20pm] malt: Asia has an excellent system for separating and collecting waste
[9:21pm] malt: much more efficient than paying people to dig through a big bag of garbage to separate out later
[9:21pm] malt: a lot of high rise buildings now have built-in composting chutes for quick disposal of biological matter
[9:21pm] jokeefe: total lifecycle cost that includes the cost of products created outside the US
[9:21pm] jokeefe: and imported here
[9:22pm] Joe: Plus a little extra in order to go to processing waste from yonder years
[9:22pm] jokeefe: https://etherpad.pp-international.net/p/MAPPEnvironmentPlatform
[9:22pm] Joe: even if the little extra is just enough to skim the surface, that would eventually be enough to get it all.
[9:23pm] malt: pfft whoops already started editing the github entry lmao
[9:24pm] jokeefe: etherpad is easier
[9:25pm] jokeefe: I’ll create a pad for Drug Policy / Addiction next
[9:25pm] jokeefe: type away and let’s see what we can agree to by next meeting.
[9:26pm] jokeefe: Projects - Outreach
[9:26pm] jokeefe: we have a meeting on the 24th
[9:26pm] Joe: I just copy/pasted what we came up with here
[9:26pm] jokeefe: thanks Joe
[9:26pm] Joe: I will be unable to attend video meeting this Sunday
[9:26pm] jokeefe: what topics do we want to cover in the Pirate moot?
[9:26pm] jokeefe: sorry to hear that Joe.
[9:27pm] srevilak: What is a pirate moot?
[9:27pm] jokeefe: hope you can make the next one
[9:27pm] jokeefe: we will miss you
[9:27pm] Joe: I hope so
[9:27pm] • srevilak heads over to work
[9:27pm] jokeefe: malt’s term for a gathering of pirates
[9:27pm] jokeefe: Sunday work for srevilak / malt?
[9:28pm] srevilak: yes, Sunday works
[9:28pm] malt: yup sunday works
[9:29pm] malt: for the moot, could we talk about ways to identify local points of organizing interest?
[9:29pm] jokeefe: great. I already scheduled it
[9:30pm] jokeefe: not sure what you mean by points, malt
[9:31pm] malt: issues, controversies
[9:31pm] malt: things to care about
[9:32pm] jokeefe: yes, good
[9:32pm] Joe: Develop more planks as well. We seem to be rocking it.
[9:33pm] jokeefe: Identifying common local issues would be good
[9:34pm] jokeefe: anything else?
[9:36pm] jokeefe: hearing nothing else, we can move on
[9:36pm] Joe: nothing to add
[9:36pm] Joe: focused on the plank now <3
[9:37pm] jokeefe: malt did you get a chance to work on the Trans Advocacy Telethon idea?
[9:37pm] jokeefe: thanks, Joe
[9:37pm] malt: no sorry, i've got two big audio projects on my plate
[9:37pm] malt: i emailed the activism mailing list but i don't think anyone responded?
[9:38pm] malt: but like i will bust out my big book of fairy tales and do a reading
[9:38pm] jokeefe: no worries. I will take a look at it and respond. thanks for the reminder
[9:39pm] malt: we're all super busy!
[9:39pm] jokeefe: I have so many kids books I can read
[9:40pm] malt: Joe, is there a game we could all stream?
[9:40pm] malt: something pirate themed
[9:40pm] malt: skies of arcadia? that's fun and fairly simple
[9:40pm] Joe: I'm not so up on the games atm. I have been all work and no play.
[9:40pm] Joe: Been more of the road pirate type of guy
[9:41pm] jokeefe: https://inspiredpublic.com/fairy-tales-with-illustrations-online-in-the-public-domain/
[9:41pm] malt: yeah i heard the housing market is booming!
[9:42pm] Joe: It's kinda wild really
[9:42pm] Joe: Everyone can sell their home but are having a hard time buying one
[9:42pm] jokeefe: WCVB had an piece on buying a house
[9:42pm] Joe: So everyone is over buying
[9:44pm] malt: i look forward to this somehow still causing the price of rent in worcester to rise
[9:45pm] jokeefe: private equity types buying up houses need a high ROI
[9:47pm] Joe: I have nothing more to add, motion to adjourn?
[9:48pm] jokeefe: me either.
[9:48pm] jokeefe: was trying to find an article on social housing in early 1920s vienna
[9:48pm] jokeefe: 2nd an the motion to adjourn
[9:48pm] jokeefe: all in favor?
[9:48pm] Joe: aye
[9:49pm] malt: aye
[9:49pm] jokeefe: aye
[9:49pm] jokeefe: have a great night
[9:49pm] Joe: good night!