April 3rd, 2019 IRC Meeting

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Revision as of 16:59, 3 April 2019 by Jokeefe (talk | contribs) (Created page with "== Review == === Lowell-area Pirate Meetup === == Decisions/Endorsements == == Projects == Goals for Q1: * Organize meetups * Organize Fundraiser(s) * Organize candidate...")
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Review

Lowell-area Pirate Meetup

Decisions/Endorsements

Projects

Goals for Q1:

  • Organize meetups
  • Organize Fundraiser(s)
  • Organize candidate trainings
  • Revise platform

Regional Meetings

Video Newsletter

Officer/Pirate Council Elections

Dates:

  • Nominations open when we announce and post the form (before 2/20).
  • Nominations due by 4/8
  • Ballots sent out by 4/12
  • Ballot due by 4/23

Mesh Net

Cryptoparties

Boston Sex Worker Petition

Tech/Outreach

  • find discussion/voting system
  • update blog theme
  • update civicrm software
  • set up torrents for PirateCon videos (creynolds)
  • post remaining audio for PirateCon talks (srevilak)

Post individual autonomy plank

Election Campaigns

Bills to make the Film Credit Permanent

HD388 would make the film tax credit permanent. It is supposed to expire in 2023. The bill has 100+ signatures this time around.

There isn't a hearing date for it yet, but suggest that we be active in opposing this bill.

Action items:

  • Tell our supporters how to oppose it
  • Look out for a hearing date
  • If possible, reach out to other groups to organize a lobby day

Update Platform

CCTV camera map

Other To Dos

These have been on our agenda for a long time. How do we make them a reality?

Computer Donations

On hold - https://piratenpad.de/p/MassPiratesComputerDonations

FOSS Tutorials

Worcester farm group is interested in having some FOSS tutorials. Perhaps:

  • how to do basic labels in GIMP,
  • work through a few sample spreadsheets related to seed cost and
  • similarly applicable real-world situations, depending on the needs of the group

Basically how to do graph design & product management with open source tools. Malt will put together a one paragraph description of what we need and we can mail it out to ask pirates to help.

Upcoming Events

  • 4/8, Pirate Council Nominations due
  • 4/9, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 4/12, Ballots sent out
  • 4/16, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 4/23, Ballots due back for vote counting
  • 4/23, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 4/28, 4:30-7:30pm, Worcester-area Pirate Meetup, Worcshop, rear entrance, 1168, 233 Stafford St, Worcester
  • 4/30, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 5/7, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Industry Lab, 288 Norfolk St, Cambridge
  • 5/18, 10:30am-1:45pm, Somerville-area Pirate Meetup, Somerville Public Library, 79 Highland Ave., Somerville
  • 5/23-26, European Parliamentary Elections, #VotePirate
  • late June, Holyoke Pirate Meetup, Holyoke

Participants

Observers

  • ChanServ
  • idel[m]
  • hvxgr_
  • davidd
  • Mikaela_Suomalainen
  • bonelesspepsi[m]

Summary

Minutes