April 3rd, 2019 IRC Meeting

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Revision as of 22:01, 3 April 2019 by Jokeefe (talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Review

Lowell-area Pirate Meetup

Decisions/Endorsements

Projects

Goals for Q1:

  • Organize meetups
  • Organize Fundraiser(s)
  • Organize candidate trainings
  • Revise platform

Regional Meetings

Video Newsletter

Officer/Pirate Council Elections

Dates:

  • Nominations open when we announce and post the form (before 2/20).
  • Nominations due by 4/8
  • Ballots sent out by 4/12
  • Ballot due by 4/23

Mesh Net

Cryptoparties

Boston Sex Worker Petition

Tech/Outreach

  • find discussion/voting system
  • update blog theme
  • update civicrm software
  • set up torrents for PirateCon videos (creynolds)
  • post remaining audio for PirateCon talks (srevilak)

Election Campaigns

Bills to make the Film Credit Permanent

HD388 would make the film tax credit permanent. It is supposed to expire in 2023. The bill has 100+ signatures this time around. There isn't a hearing date for it yet.

Action items:

  • Tell our supporters how to oppose it
  • Look out for a hearing date
  • If possible, reach out to other groups to organize a lobby day

Update Platform

CCTV camera map

Other To Dos

These have been on our agenda for a long time. How do we make them a reality?

Computer Donations

On hold - https://piratenpad.de/p/MassPiratesComputerDonations

FOSS Tutorials

Worcester farm group is interested in having some FOSS tutorials. Perhaps:

  • how to do basic labels in GIMP,
  • work through a few sample spreadsheets related to seed cost and
  • similarly applicable real-world situations, depending on the needs of the group

Basically how to do graph design & product management with open source tools. Malt will put together a one paragraph description of what we need and we can mail it out to ask pirates to help.

Upcoming Events

  • 4/8, Pirate Council Nominations due
  • 4/9, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 4/12, Ballots sent out
  • 4/16, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 4/23, Ballots due back for vote counting
  • 4/23, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 4/28, 4:30-7:30pm, Worcester-area Pirate Meetup, Worcshop, rear entrance, 1168, 233 Stafford St, Worcester
  • 4/30, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 5/7, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Industry Lab, 288 Norfolk St, Cambridge
  • 5/18, 10:30am-1:45pm, Somerville-area Pirate Meetup, Somerville Public Library, 79 Highland Ave., Somerville
  • 5/23-26, European Parliamentary Elections, #VotePirate
  • late June, Holyoke Pirate Meetup, Holyoke

Participants

  • Pirate_Joe: Joseph Onoroski, Lowell, Quartermaster
  • jokeefe: James O’Keefe, Somerville

Observers

  • ChanServ
  • igel[m]
  • hvxgr_
  • davidd
  • Mikaela_Suomalainen
  • bonelesspepsi[m]

Summary

Minutes

 


[9:11pm] jokeefe: Agenda: https://masspirates.org/wiki/April_3rd,_2019_IRC_Meeting
[9:11pm] jokeefe: ids
[9:11pm] Pirate_Joe: Joseph Onoroski, Lowell
[9:11pm] Pirate_Joe: Quartermaster
[9:12pm] jokeefe: James O’Keefe, Somerville
[9:13pm] jokeefe: Anything to add?
[9:13pm] Pirate_Joe: Just what I already mentioned
[9:14pm] jokeefe: Review - Lowell-area Pirate Meetup
[9:15pm] jokeefe: Sparsely attended but we were able to test some video recordings
[9:15pm] Pirate_Joe: Only you and I showed up.
[9:15pm] jokeefe: A start
[9:16pm] Pirate_Joe: I tried to get people to go but it was difficult.
[9:16pm] jokeefe: Perhaps the next one could be at https://lowellmakes.com/
[9:17pm] Pirate_Joe: probably would work out better
[9:17pm] Pirate_Joe: esp if we bring in meshnet equipment
[9:18pm] jokeefe: I can do that.
[9:18pm] jokeefe: July?
[9:18pm] jokeefe:
[9:18pm] Pirate_Joe: Maybe, July is very busy for me
[9:19pm] jokeefe: Moving us on to Projects - Regional Meetings
[9:19pm] Pirate_Joe: I did send out a check to Malt's requested location
[9:19pm] jokeefe: Thanks.
[9:19pm] Pirate_Joe: When is that again?
[9:19pm] jokeefe: 4/28, 4:30-7:30pm, Worcester-area Pirate Meetup, Worcshop
[9:20pm] Pirate_Joe: Ty
[9:20pm] jokeefe: Somerville is all set. Working on Holyoke
[9:21pm] jokeefe: for June
[9:21pm] jokeefe: July would be good by the bearch 
[9:21pm] jokeefe: beach
[9:22pm] Pirate_Joe: We could hold a meeting right on a public beach this summer.  That could be a thing
[9:22pm] jokeefe: A Pirate Picnic
[9:22pm] jokeefe: one might call it
[9:23pm] Pirate_Joe: Pirate Potluck?
[9:23pm] Pirate_Joe: We could hold raffles
[9:23pm] jokeefe: A potluck is good, but OCPF prevents is from doing raffles
[9:24pm] Pirate_Joe: even if we capture all the info?
[9:24pm] jokeefe: Yes
[9:24pm] Pirate_Joe: hmm, maybe it's just for schools
[9:25pm] jokeefe: OCPF doesn’t prevent us, but there is another part of mass. general law that does - http://files.ocpf.us/pdf/legaldocs/M-89-01.pdf
[9:25pm] jokeefe: Well we have some time to plan.
[9:26pm] jokeefe: Video Newsletter - when should we do the next one?
[9:26pm] Pirate_Joe: I know we are doing a national one Monday night
[9:26pm] Pirate_Joe: Maybe Sunday night?
[9:27pm] Pirate_Joe: I have a few ideas where to go currently
[9:27pm] jokeefe: I believe Sunday is possible. What are your ideas?
[9:27pm] Pirate_Joe: Or we can redo the regional meeting video topics
[9:28pm] jokeefe: Sure
[9:28pm] jokeefe: Short is good.
[9:28pm] Pirate_Joe: I wanted to focus on a few topics for MA only for the video, like the T and homelessness
[9:29pm] jokeefe: I would think of one for each
[9:29pm] Pirate_Joe: School scandal
[9:29pm] Pirate_Joe: etc
[9:29pm] Pirate_Joe: The two actresses that I getting slammed in court in Boston
[9:30pm] Pirate_Joe: I am so glad that they got caught
[9:31pm] jokeefe: Now if only we can get some banksters to do a perp walk
[9:32pm] jokeefe: Those are all good topics
[9:32pm] Pirate_Joe: There was a list of people busted, not just those two
[9:33pm] jokeefe: What time Sunday?
[9:33pm] Pirate_Joe: Later is better
[9:34pm] jokeefe: How late
[9:34pm] jokeefe: ?
[9:34pm] Pirate_Joe: 7 or 8
[9:35pm] jokeefe: Either is ok
[9:35pm] Pirate_Joe: lets do 8 then
[9:36pm] jokeefe: 8pm it is
[9:36pm] jokeefe: Would you email the list and tell people when it will be?
[9:37pm] Pirate_Joe: Inviting them to the video?
[9:37pm] jokeefe: Sure
[9:37pm] Pirate_Joe: I will give it my best
[9:38pm] jokeefe: Thank you.  Just something quick. What/when/where, if interested say so and we will invite you.
[9:39pm] jokeefe: Officer/Pirate Council Elections
[9:39pm] jokeefe: Nominations due by 4/8. Will send out more emails reminding people. Have scheduled posts and will follow up with some who said they were interested, but who haven’t put their names in.
[9:39pm] jokeefe: Will also touch base with Steve about getting voting system ready.
[9:40pm] Pirate_Joe: Do you know who is running for what?
[9:40pm] Pirate_Joe: I.E. have the nominations?
[9:41pm] jokeefe: Yes.
[9:42pm] jokeefe: We have a number of vacancies that still need to be filled.
[9:42pm] Pirate_Joe: If there is no First Mate, does that mean I get the job?
[9:43pm] Pirate_Joe:
[9:43pm] jokeefe: Could be. We have to have a quartermaster.
[9:44pm] jokeefe: Mesh Net
[9:44pm] Pirate_Joe: Yeah, I would be happy with either tbh
[9:45pm] Pirate_Joe: I may have a sponsor for a meshnet location in lowell
[9:45pm] jokeefe: Attended the meeting last night. They are making progress, but have enhanced what software is involved and are doing more testing.
[9:45pm] jokeefe: Oh cool.
[9:46pm] Pirate_Joe: I am meeting with an industrial land owner over a security/internet setup and figured this would be a good opportunity to set up something and promote our work.
[9:47pm] Pirate_Joe: Being able to interlink their internet signal from different locations caught their attention.
[9:47pm] Pirate_Joe: plus they could use it as an added feature of having an office at their location
[9:47pm] jokeefe: Very cool. igel[m] would be intested
[9:48pm] jokeefe: interested
[9:48pm] Pirate_Joe: After I meet with the landowner, I'll let him know.
[9:49pm] jokeefe: Good luck!
[9:49pm] jokeefe: Cryptoparties - I am doing a special one for new programmers on 4/30. Will put it out with the full details soon.
[9:50pm] jokeefe: And one in May for Teens at Boston Public Library
[9:51pm] Pirate_Joe: Mind if I use my second Library usage for a Cryptoparty?
[9:51pm] jokeefe: Not at all.
[9:52pm] jokeefe: Keep me in the loop when you want to do it.
[9:52pm] Pirate_Joe: May be wise to paper UMass Lowell and Middlesex Community College first.
[9:52pm] Pirate_Joe: I'll see if I can get one of my guys to get that done for me
[9:52pm] Pirate_Joe: He's a Umass student
[9:53pm] jokeefe: I think I did one at MCC two years ago. Some UMass Lowell students came to the one we did at Lowell Makes years ago
[9:53pm] Pirate_Joe: We could do it at Lowell Makes too but I figure the Library is free
[9:54pm] Pirate_Joe: I am also planning a Pig Roast for August, but I have not gotten the details locked down yet.
[9:54pm] jokeefe: As long as we have chairs and tables
[9:55pm] jokeefe: That sounds like quite the undertaking
[9:56pm] jokeefe: Boston Sex Worker Petition - We are at 150 signatures. Time to start thinking about ideas to spread the word about it.
[9:56pm] Pirate_Joe: I thought we were going to send it when we had that many.
[9:56pm] jokeefe: Will reach out to members who are more active on that issue.
[9:56pm] Pirate_Joe: Ok
[9:57pm] jokeefe: I believe they get emailed each time someone signs
[9:57pm] jokeefe: Tech/Outreach - Meeting scheduled for 4/13, 11am-1pm
[9:59pm] jokeefe: On the film tax credit bill - still haven’t seen anything on when the hearing is.
[9:59pm] jokeefe: That is all I have for updates.
[9:59pm] Pirate_Joe: We are at time as well
[9:59pm] Pirate_Joe: Motion to Adjourn?
[10:00pm] jokeefe: 2nd
[10:00pm] jokeefe: all in favor
[10:00pm] Pirate_Joe: Aye
[10:00pm] jokeefe: aye'
[10:00pm] Pirate_Joe: Have a good night sir
[10:01pm] jokeefe: have a great evening. talk with you at 8pm Sunday
[10:01pm] Pirate_Joe: Si
[10:01pm] jokeefe: if not earlier
[10:01pm] Pirate_Joe: If not earlier