August 10th, 2015 IRC Meeting

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Revision as of 22:59, 1 February 2018 by Jokeefe (talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigationJump to search

Reviews

  • Aug 9th, Black lives matter demonstration, Harvard Square.
  • Bluestreak appearance on Young Jurks.

Task Status

  • PirateCon 2015 Videos (jokeefe)
  • MAAPL form (srevilak, jokeefe, noe, ...)
  • Newsletter (Kendra, paper_waves, ?)
    • Blog Announcement
    • Review Submissions
    • Layout
    • Distribution Planning (besides emailing a pdf)
      • Gather list of people to mail it to (?)
      • Gather a list of places to distribute it (?)
      • Decide on the print run (?)
    • Distribute
  • Media
    • Updated media list (fish, et. al.?)
    • Sep. - Freedom Rally
    • Oct. - Free Software & Innovation
    • Nov. - 2016 Elections
    • Dec. - ?
  • Blog posts
    • Massachusetts GMO labeling bill (H.3242) - (Bluestreak with help from jokeefe)
    • Email lists & Local/regional contacts (jokeefe)
    • TPP/CISA (jokeefe)
    • Other legislation (jokeefe)

Tasks: Wiki list, PiratePad version.

Decisions

Media

Planning

Event Planning

  1. Aug 26, 6-9pm, Somerville Cryptoparty, Parts & Crafts
  2. Sep. 19 & 20, Freedom Rally - Sign up form - Planning - have asked for volunteers in email as well, need blog post by July/Aug
  3. Sep. 22, 1pm, Public Hearing on Massachusetts GMO labeling bill (H.3242), Gardner Auditorium at the Massachusetts State House
  4. Sep. 30, 6-9pm, Somerville Cryptoparty, Parts & Crafts
  5. Oct. 3, 7-11pm, FSF 30th Anniversary Celebration, CIC Boston, 50 Milk St, Boston
  6. Oct. 13 (probably), Cory Doctorow Event - Working with other groups
  7. Oct. 28, 6-9pm, Somerville Cryptoparty, Parts & Crafts
  8. Nov. event?
  9. Nov. 25, 6-9pm, Somerville Cryptoparty, Parts & Crafts
  10. Dec. event?
  11. Dec. 30, 6-9pm, Somerville Cryptoparty, Parts & Crafts

Restarting in September: Every Thu., Digital Fourth meeting, 11:20am-1:30pm, Voltage Cafe, Third Street, Cambridge

Participants

  • jokeefe - James O’Keefe, Somerville
  • Bluestreak - Lucia Fiero
  • srevilak - Steve Revilak, Arlington
  • igel - william fleurant, yarlington
  • Kendra - Kendra Moyer, East boston

Summary

Minutes

 
21:02 < jokeefe> Agenda at
        https://masspirates.org/wiki/August_10th,_2015_IRC_Meeting
21:02 < jokeefe> ids
21:02 < jokeefe> James O’Keefe, Somerville
21:03 < Bluestreak> Lucia Fiero
21:03 < srevilak> Steve Revilak, Arlington
21:04 < igel> william fleurant, yarlington
21:05 < igel> hope ppl got out this weekend -- i heard someone saw leafs
        changing color today :S
21:05 < Bluestreak> on 8/10?
21:06 < jokeefe> noe won’t be on tonight.  not feeling well.
21:07 < igel> straight outa camb
21:08 < igel> saw ur emails re: someriville
21:08 < jokeefe> ahoy
21:08 < jokeefe> thanks igel
21:08 < Kendra> Hi All
21:08 < igel> er.. somerville
21:09 < igel> sup
21:09 < Kendra> Kendra Moyer, East boston
21:09 < jokeefe> Reviews - Kendra how did the Black lives matter
        demonstration go?
21:10 < Kendra> I was too tired to go, and saw some people I was avoiding
        over on the lawn at Cambridge City Hall.  But really tootired
21:10 < jokeefe> ok
21:10 < Kendra> They were outside of my restaurant while I was working
        I wnet outside and raised the fist
21:10 < jokeefe> Task Status
21:11 < jokeefe> PirateCon 2015 Videos - haven’t heard anyone say they
        will work on them besides noe, so I will start work on them as well to
        get it done.
21:11 < Kendra> I started the newletter and my computer has died, but I
        should have something by tomorrow or so.   Just working both jobs night
        and day and no time, plus moving again soon
21:12 < Bluestreak> jokeefe do you have the raw vid on a stick?
21:12 < jokeefe> oh no, Kendra.
21:12 < igel> i might have a spare mba
21:12 < jokeefe> I posted the raw video to mega.
21:12 < igel> u could try linux on it
21:12 < srevilak> MAAPL: hand feeling a bit better.  Hoping to resume
        next week
21:12 < jokeefe> It is all their, as well as the slide decks and images
        noe took
21:13 < jokeefe> glad to hear that srevilak
21:13 < jokeefe> the hand that is
21:13 < igel> not sure if apple would solve being down a laptop kendra
21:13 < srevilak> thx
21:13 < igel> fsho
21:14 < jokeefe> Kendra, did you get a chance to contact Halley?
        would you like some help getting the blog post asking for submissions?
21:14 < Bluestreak> link pls?
21:15 < jokeefe> will mail it
21:15 < Bluestreak> email link?
21:15 < jokeefe> sent
21:16 < Bluestreak> got it thanks!
21:16 < jokeefe> srevilak, have you heard a status on updating the
        media list?
21:17 < jokeefe> good, Bluestreak
21:17 < srevilak> jokeefe: no, haven't heard status
21:17 < jokeefe> ok, will email
21:18 < Kendra> I am sending an email now on the newletter and what I
        can write on. Others can add as necessary.
21:20 < jokeefe> ok, thanks
21:21 < Bluestreak> Downloading Evan’s talk now.
21:21 < jokeefe> Anyone want to put their names to any of the tasks?
        I know I left off the tech tasks we decided on.
21:22 < Bluestreak> task list link pls
21:24 < Bluestreak> Mike Cann has been helping to promote our presence
        at Freedome Rally
21:24 < Bluestreak> Lots of social media posts
21:24 < Bluestreak> and he had me call in on Sat.
21:24 < jokeefe> Task list summary and links at
        https://masspirates.org/wiki/August_10th,_2015_IRC_Meeting
21:25 < jokeefe> how did your radio appearance go?
21:25 < Bluestreak> Jason said it went well. He is biased.
21:26 < Bluestreak> Mike liked it enough to invite me to the studio
21:26 < Bluestreak> “as soon as you feel up to it”
21:26 < Bluestreak> So
21:27 < Bluestreak> I will do an in studio hopefully before Cory
21:27 < Bluestreak> let’s set a date and place for that
21:27 < jokeefe> working on it.  Tentative date is 10/13.
21:28 < Bluestreak> excellent. I want to have that locked down before
        I go on TYJ
21:28 < Bluestreak> REached out to Rene about how to best promote
21:28 < Bluestreak> on local soc media
21:29 < jokeefe> good, thank you.
21:29 < Bluestreak> like what are the “hip” local boards and how to
        reddit best in Boston
21:29 < Bluestreak> he got back to me but then I had to go to bed
21:29 < Bluestreak> but he is eger to help us promo cryptoparties
21:30 < Kendra> I am on the warpath against weasels and I am going to
        go ahead and say the Rene is an unrelaible and untrustworthy ally and
        I won't deal with him.   For the record
21:30 < Bluestreak> sigh.
21:30 < Kendra> Too many weasels in the mix and the gotta go if you want
        accomplish anything
21:31 < Kendra> Sigh away
21:31 < Kendra> I choose quality over quantity
21:31 < Bluestreak> I needed Patrick and Sarah’s help with the fund
        raiser.
21:31 < Bluestreak> I refused their help because of your objections
21:31 < Bluestreak> and I did not fare well alone
21:31 < Kendra> They are weasels
21:31 < Kendra> Better alone than in bad company
21:32 < Bluestreak> jokeefe?
21:32 < Kendra> I say, but do as you wish.  Talk to suren about them
21:32 < Kendra> I'm tired of BS
21:32 < Kendra> I'mn not doing this for apopularity contest
21:32 < Kendra> My people are under attack I have no time for nonsense
21:33 < jokeefe> Whom we each talk to doesn’t affect anyone else
21:33 < jokeefe> Point so noted
21:33 < Kendra> No it does not, we all choose t=whowe associate with,
        myself included
21:33 < jokeefe> moving on
21:33 < jokeefe> Updated the events at:
        https://masspirates.org/wiki/August_10th,_2015_IRC_Meeting#Event_Planning
21:34 < jokeefe> Any other items people want to discuss on the agenda
21:35  * igel back
21:37 < Bluestreak> Who can do set up/break down at FR?
21:38 < jokeefe> I can be there Sunday for either both.  Saturday is
        more limited.
21:39 < srevilak> I should be able to be there all day on Sat
21:39 < jokeefe> thank you
21:39 < jokeefe> will check with others and look at the list of signups.
21:39 < Kendra> I can help both days
21:39 < Bluestreak> oh the sign up form needs to be fixed
21:40 < jokeefe> oh?
21:40 < igel> i msged u my current email/keys kendra
21:40 < igel> re; down a laptop.. sorry brb.
21:40 < jokeefe> thank you Kendra
21:41 < jokeefe> Bluestreak, what is amiss with the sign up form?
21:41 < Bluestreak> look at it
21:41 < Bluestreak> where do you sign?
21:41 < Bluestreak> the button sucks
21:41 < Bluestreak> hard to see
21:42 < jokeefe> Yes, the lets Table button seems faint
21:42 < Bluestreak> “sign up here"
21:42 < jokeefe> Could just link to
        https://masspirates.org/crew/civicrm/event/register?id=8&reset=1
21:42 < Bluestreak> “let’s table” is confusing
21:43 < Bluestreak> I have an ideo.
21:43 < Bluestreak> two links in the blog.
21:43 < Bluestreak> I will fix it.
21:43 < Bluestreak> carry on
21:44 < Bluestreak> or I will fix it when jokeefe gets out of edit lock
21:46 < Bluestreak> If jokeefe can break down and bring the gear home
        (to Somerville temp)
21:46 < Bluestreak> then I think Jason and David can bring the gear to
        the city and set up the night before.
21:46 < jokeefe> I can take it home and get it to you
21:47 < jokeefe> Any other items to discuss?
21:49 < Bluestreak> nuthin but buttuns
21:49 < jokeefe> Created https://piratenpad.de/p/2015MAPPFreedomRally
        to plan Freedom Rally
21:49 < jokeefe> need more designs?
21:50 < jokeefe> sounds like a blog post ;-)
21:50 < Bluestreak> no I have plenty worked out.
21:51 < Bluestreak> oh
21:51 < Bluestreak> Yes a FR specific flyer
21:51 < Bluestreak> can I use the same pad?
21:52 < jokeefe> yes please
21:53 < Bluestreak> I will add more.
21:53 < jokeefe> ok, thank you.
21:53 < Bluestreak> Tomorrow. I need to take my meda and sleep
21:54 < jokeefe> please do
21:54 < jokeefe> not hearing anything more - motion to adjourn?
21:54 < Bluestreak> Please feel free to add to “why Freedom Rally”
        everyone.
21:54 < Bluestreak> 2nd
21:54 < jokeefe> add what?
21:54 < Bluestreak> If other pirats have reasons
21:55 < Bluestreak> they feel fr is important to pp
21:55 < Bluestreak> add it in
21:55 < srevilak> aye to adjourn
21:55 < Bluestreak> aye
21:55 < jokeefe> all in favor
21:55 < Bluestreak> aye
21:55 < igel> aye
21:55 < jokeefe> aye
21:56 < jokeefe> any opposed?
21:56 < Kendra> aye nite all
21:56 < Bluestreak> sweet dreams y’all
21:56 < igel> chus
21:57 < Bluestreak> chus!
21:57 < srevilak> will post transcript
21:57 < Bluestreak> ty