August 25th, 2021 IRC Meeting

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Revision as of 20:55, 25 August 2021 by Srevilak (talk | contribs) (→‎Minutes)
Jump to navigationJump to search

Review

Decisions/Endorsements

Platform

Planks: https://github.com/masspirates/planks

Working on Elections and Voting plank: https://etherpad.pp-international.net/p/ElectionsAndVoting

Projects

Legislation

Outreach

Leader: Malt

  • Setup local video meetups by region with people who said they were interested in organizing a local chapter
  • Organize candidate trainings

Video Newsletter/Podcast

Leader: Joseph

  • Pirate news recording scheduled for Sundays, 7pm with go-live at 7:30pm. Unless changed

Trans Advocacy Telethon

Other To Do

  • Application to PPI

Upcoming On-line Events

Participants

  • jokeefe (James O’Keefe, Somerville)
  • srevilak (Steve Revilak, Arlington)
  • Joe

Observers

  • davidd
  • hvxgr
  • slerman

Summary

Platform

Minutes

 
21:08 <@jokeefe> Agenda:
       https://masspirates.org/wiki/August_25th,_2021_IRC_Meeting
21:08 <@jokeefe> ids
21:08 <@jokeefe> Anything to add?
21:08 <@jokeefe> James O’Keefe, Somerville
21:08 < srevilak> Steve Revilak, Arlington
21:09 <@jokeefe> Platform
21:09 <@jokeefe>
       https://etherpad.pp-international.net/p/ElectionsAndVoting
21:10 <@jokeefe> I added we will consider term limits
21:11 <@jokeefe> but hasn’t changed from last meeting
21:12 <@jokeefe> Malt is on the way
21:15 <@jokeefe> any edits?
21:15 < srevilak> Only a few minor ones so far
21:17 < srevilak> Hi Joe
21:17 < Joe> Ahoy
21:17 < srevilak>
       https://etherpad.pp-international.net/p/ElectionsAndVoting
21:17 < Joe> Sorry for late
21:17 <@jokeefe> ahoy
21:18 <@jokeefe> doing the final edits on the Elections and Voting plank
21:18 <@jokeefe> hope to sign off on it tonight
21:18 <@jokeefe> Malt is on his way
21:18 < srevilak> What is the Stranglehold that Boston has on the state?
21:19 < srevilak> (This is in reference to the end of line 5)
21:20 <@jokeefe> Lots of House leaders are from Boston
21:23 <@jokeefe> Expect Malt wrote that. Could reword.
21:25 <@jokeefe> other thoughts?
21:28 < Joe> Sorry, I don't have much to add atm.
21:29 <@jokeefe> Any more edits or is it good enough?
21:30 < srevilak> That's all I have for now.
21:31 < srevilak> Would be good to do one more pass when Malt is around,
       since he contributed quite a bit to the previous draft
21:33 <@jokeefe> Are we comfortable approving it as is and if Malt has
       any more edits we can review next meeting? We can hold off on announcing
       it till then as well.
21:33 < Joe> I am
21:34 < srevilak> If we're going to hold off on announcement, I'd be
       inclined to hold off on approval
21:35 <@jokeefe> Most of the edits are Malt’s ;-)
21:35 <@jokeefe> Many at least
21:36 < Joe> I will be able to review this better tomorrow.
21:38 <@jokeefe> Can we settle this over email then? We have been editing
       this plank for awhile and it would be good to finish it.
21:38 < srevilak> Having read it through one more time, I think it's okay
21:39 <@jokeefe> Joe?
21:40 < Joe> I am still out in the field atm. If we are done then I am
       prepared to move on.
21:41 <@jokeefe> Sign off or finish over email?
21:41 < srevilak> I'm okay with signing off
21:42 <@jokeefe> Talked with Malt. He is ok with the plank as written.
21:42 <@jokeefe> Joe?
21:44 <@jokeefe> I am fine with it as it is.
21:44 <@jokeefe> Going with Joe’s earlier comment to:
21:45 <@jokeefe> jokeefe: Are we comfortable approving it as is and if
       Malt has any more edits we can review next meeting? We can hold off on
       announcing it till then as well.
21:45 <@jokeefe> [9:33pm] Joe: I am
21:45 <@jokeefe> Plank passes. Should there need to be edits, we can
       review next time.
21:45 < srevilak> Works for me
21:45 <@jokeefe> Pirate News Sunday?
21:46 < srevilak> Yes, will be there
21:47 <@jokeefe> Ok. Will schedule.
21:49 <@jokeefe> Restart pirate moots in September?
21:50 < srevilak> I'll abstain, since I haven't had time to participate
       in them
21:50 <@jokeefe> We should finish mapping the Seaport
21:52 <@jokeefe> Can schedule on the democracy list
21:53 <@jokeefe> That’s all I have
21:54 < srevilak> Seaport would be fun
21:54 < srevilak> motion to adjourn?
21:54 <@jokeefe> 2nd
21:54 <@jokeefe> all in favor?
21:54 < srevilak> will post transcript
21:54 <@jokeefe> thanks