February 10th, 2021 IRC Meeting

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search





Leader: Malt

  • Setup local video meetups by region with people who said they were interested in organizing a local chapter
  • Organize candidate trainings

Video Newsletter/Podcast

Leader: Joseph

  • Pirate news recording scheduled for Sundays, 7pm with go-live at 7:30pm. Unless changed

Boston Pride Festival

Leader: jokeefe

While in-person events, including outdoor events, are on hold until COVID-19 numbers go down, we should plan for our table at the Boston Pride Festival.


  • table booked
  • setup signup sheet
  • Announce
  • Need to purchase insurance
  • Need volunteer sign up form
  • Tie to an activity, mapping the CCTV cameras in Boston or along the Pride parade route?

Revise Platform

Leader: jokeefe

Other To Do

  • Application to PPI

Upcoming On-line Events

  • Every Tuesday, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, on-line
  • Sat., 2/13/2021, 11am-1pm, 'Democracy Meeting, on-line


  • malt: sam capradae, worcester
  • Joe: Joseph Onoroski, Lowell
  • jokeefe: James O’Keefe, Somerville


  • ChanServ
  • davidd
  • hvxgr
  • Deffy
  • mikey
  • slerman


Need to have a start page for https://masspirates.org/crew/ so it is easier to use.

Video Newsletter/Podcast scheduled for 7pm Sunday, go live 7:30pm

Boston Pride Festival is Saturday, June 12, 2021. Email to confirm.

Need to contact MA-RCV crew to see how we can help.

Tech meeting Saturday, 11am.



[9:04pm] jokeefe: agenda: https://masspirates.org/wiki/February_10th,_2021_IRC_Meeting
[9:04pm] malt: sam capradae, worcester
[9:04pm] jokeefe: ids
[9:04pm] jokeefe: anything to add?
[9:04pm] Joe: Joseph Onoroski, Lowell
[9:05pm] malt: nyet
[9:05pm] Joe: Nay
[9:07pm] jokeefe: James O’Keefe, Somerville
[9:07pm] jokeefe: Projects
[9:07pm] malt: yall been watching the impeachment? i can't bring myself to
[9:07pm] malt: owp soryr
[9:07pm] jokeefe: hear the highlights
[9:08pm] Joe: nah, been under the moving rock.
[9:08pm] jokeefe: new videos of the capital insurrenction
[9:09pm] jokeefe: Outreach
[9:10pm] jokeefe: Need to get you the candidate signup form. Will have it by this weekend.
[9:11pm] jokeefe: Malt, shall we try to organize a video meetup for Worcester county?
[9:11pm] malt: sure!
[9:12pm] malt: next weekend?
[9:12pm] jokeefe: you want to find a date/time and we can send out an email?
[9:12pm] jokeefe: next weekend is fine
[9:12pm] malt: Sure, I need to message folk about candidates anyway
[9:13pm] jokeefe: thanks
[9:13pm] malt: I've got the crew URL saved somewhere
[9:13pm] malt: i should probably bookmark it but that would mean touching my bookmarks for the first time in a decade
[9:14pm] Joe: lol
[9:14pm] jokeefe: We need a better start page for https://masspirates.org/crew/
[9:14pm] jokeefe: and have it up on the blog too.
[9:15pm] jokeefe: will bring it up at Saturday’s tech meeting
[9:15pm] malt: i, um
[9:15pm] Joe: Sounds good.
[9:15pm] malt: minor issue, i don't see anything on the crew page but a line of text saying marss pirates crew
[9:15pm] jokeefe: https://masspirates.org/crew/user
[9:15pm] jokeefe: is the login page
[9:16pm] malt: .... ah.
[9:17pm] jokeefe: Video Newsletter/Podcast
[9:17pm] jokeefe: Same bat time, same bat channel?
[9:18pm] Joe: Si. I hope to have a decent set up by tonight.
[9:18pm] malt: i'll be awake for this one
[9:18pm] jokeefe: good luck, Joe
[9:18pm] jokeefe: Great. Steve and I missed you.
[9:19pm] jokeefe: It wasn’t as fun without four of us
[9:19pm] jokeefe: But we soldiered on
[9:19pm] jokeefe:
[9:19pm] Joe: I have to watch it still.
[9:20pm] jokeefe: Looks like TikTok won’t be sold to a non-Chinese company - https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20210210/07585746223/trump-oracles-dumb-tiktok-cronyism-falls-apart.shtml
[9:22pm] malt: god, i've totally forgotten about tthat whole deal
[9:22pm] malt: the past four years are just a BLUR
[9:22pm] malt: I'm emailing activists list about endorsing the folk from worcester
[9:22pm] jokeefe: aye that
[9:22pm] jokeefe: I saw this being used against fascists, now the police are trying to take down videos with them in it by playing music - https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20210209/19152846222/latest-anti-accountability-move-cops-involves-playing-music-while-being-recorded-hopes-triggering-copyright-takedowns.shtml
[9:22pm] jokeefe: thanks, malt
[9:22pm] malt: they're so gross
[9:23pm] jokeefe: yeah
[9:23pm] malt: there was a study on the inauguration protests and once again the cops brutalized leftists exclusively
[9:24pm] jokeefe: yeah
[9:24pm] jokeefe: please share that
[9:24pm] malt: will do, brb bio
[9:25pm] jokeefe: Followup to an IOT/IOS issues https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20210209/10290446219/chastity-penis-lock-company-that-was-hacked-says-now-totally-safe-to-put-your-penis-back-that-chastity-lock.shtml
[9:25pm] jokeefe: thanks, malt
[9:25pm] jokeefe: anyhow, lots to discuss
[9:26pm] Joe: sorry I don't have much to add.
[9:26pm] jokeefe: no worries
[9:27pm] jokeefe: Boston Pride Festival is Saturday, June 12, 2021
[9:28pm] jokeefe: no other updates on it
[9:28pm] Joe: We have the funds to continue our support.
[9:29pm] jokeefe: Don’t need to. We carried over our placement for 2020 to 2021
[9:29pm] jokeefe: hopefully we will get to go
[9:30pm] Joe: Hope so. Right to repair also seems to be ramping up.
[9:30pm] jokeefe: yes
[9:31pm] Joe: Should we reach out to confirm our support for them?
[9:32pm] malt: back
[9:32pm] malt: i'd like that
[9:32pm] malt: i think ranked choice voting is going to try again soon
[9:32pm] jokeefe: that makes sense
[9:33pm] jokeefe: I think the RCV folks wanted to know who wanted to be involved in future plans. Should I respond with yes?
[9:33pm] Joe: Aye
[9:34pm] Joe: That will go a long way in supporting our cause.
[9:34pm] malt: https://fivethirtyeight.com/videos/why-police-aggression-is-far-more-pronounced-against-left-leaning-protesters/
[9:34pm] malt: sure!
[9:34pm] malt: here's the link about the breakdown on violence
[9:35pm] jokeefe: thanks for the link, malt
[9:36pm] jokeefe: Tech meeting Saturday, 11am.
[9:36pm] jokeefe: Will put up a post on it.
[9:37pm] jokeefe: That is all I have. Next week, hopefully we can bang out another platform plank.
[9:37pm] Joe: Motion to adjourn?
[9:37pm] jokeefe: 2nd
[9:37pm] jokeefe: all in favor?
[9:37pm] Joe: Aye
[9:38pm] jokeefe: aye
[9:38pm] Joe: Think we lost Malt. Have a great night Jamie.
[9:38pm] malt: sorry, distracted
[9:38pm] malt: see y'all sunday!
[9:39pm] jokeefe: I will post the notes.
[9:39pm] jokeefe: thanks. all. have a good night!