February 22nd, 2022 IRC Meeting

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Revision as of 21:45, 22 February 2022 by Srevilak (talk | contribs) (→‎Minutes)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigationJump to search

Review

Decisions/Endorsements

Elijah McGee -> PR/Media Director

Platform

Planks: https://github.com/masspirates/planks

Projects

Outreach

Leader: Malt

Starting monthly meetings. Next one will be Saturday, February 26th at noon.

What topics should we discuss?

Video Newsletter/Podcast

Leader: Joseph

  • Pirate news recording scheduled for Sundays, 7pm with go-live at 7:30pm. Unless changed

Other To Do

  • Application to PPI

Upcoming Events

Participants

  • jokeefe (James O’Keefe, Somerville)
  • srevilak (Steve Revilak, Arlington)
  • Malt (sam capradae, worcester)

Observers

  • davidd_
  • hvxgr
  • slerman

Summary

Eli McGee nominated as the new PR/Media director.

Platform. Planks are up at https://masspirates.org/blog/ourissues/. Also at https://masspirates.org/wiki/Party_Platform. Next ones to work on are competition and crypto/NFT.

Possible topics for Saturday's moot

Usual pirate news on Sunday @ 7pm, live at 7:30.

Minutes

 
21:04 <~jokeefe> Agenda:
        https://masspirates.org/wiki/February_22nd,_2022_IRC_Meeting
21:04 <~jokeefe> ids
21:04 <~jokeefe> James O’Keefe, Somerville
21:05 < srevilak> Steve Revilak, Arlington
21:05 <~jokeefe> Anything to add?
21:06 < srevilak> Nothing to add
21:06 <~jokeefe> Decisions/Endorsements
21:07 <~jokeefe> Elijah McGee -> PR/Media Director
21:08 <~jokeefe> srevilak and I met with Eli last week.
21:08 < srevilak> I thought we had a good conversation with Eli
21:09 < srevilak> I'd feel comfortable with him serving as PR/Media
        director
21:10 <~jokeefe> I agree.
21:10 < srevilak> Motion to nominate Eli to serve as new PR/Media director
21:11 <~jokeefe> 2nd
21:11 <~jokeefe> all in favor?
21:11 < srevilak> aye
21:11 <~jokeefe> aye
21:11 < srevilak> Motion carrier
21:11 < srevilak> Motion carries
21:12 <~jokeefe> I will notify him.
21:12 <~jokeefe> Platform
21:13 <~jokeefe> The three last platform planks are up at
        https://masspirates.org/blog/ourissues/
21:13 <~jokeefe> Scheduled post for each of them.
21:13 < srevilak> Nice
21:14 <~jokeefe> They are also at
        https://masspirates.org/wiki/Party_Platform
21:15 <~jokeefe> ahoy
21:15 < Malt> sam capradae, worcester
21:15 < Malt> hellooooo
21:15 < Malt> sorry i missed the eli conversation
21:16 <~jokeefe> no worries. Steve and I met with Eli last week. We had
        a good conversation. We elected Eli as PR/Media director
21:17 < Malt> great!
21:18 <~jokeefe> The three last platform planks are
        up at https://masspirates.org/blog/ourissues/ and
        https://masspirates.org/wiki/Party_Platform
21:18 < Malt> that's awesome
21:19 <~jokeefe> Next up: Competition policy? Anti-trust, etc.?
21:20 < Malt> soemthing about crypto
21:20 < Malt> ?
21:22 < srevilak> Anti-trust could be fun to work on
21:26 <~jokeefe>
        https://etherpad.pp-international.net/p/MAPPCompetitionPlank and
        https://etherpad.pp-international.net/p/MAPPCryptoNFT it is
21:28 <~jokeefe> What topics should we discuss at Saturday’s meeting?
21:28 < srevilak> Candidates for state rep (if there's time to gather
        and submit signatures)
21:30 < Malt> mask mandates?
21:31 <~jokeefe>
        https://www.sec.state.ma.us/ele/elepdf/2022-Candidate-Filing-Deadlines.pdf
21:31 <~jokeefe> 5:00 p.m., last day and hour to submit nomination
        papers to
21:31 <~jokeefe> Registrars of Voters for certification of signatures. May
3, 2022
21:32 <~jokeefe> Also:
21:32 <~jokeefe> Last day for a person running in the state primary to
        enroll in a party
21:32 <~jokeefe> or for a person running only in the state election to
        unenroll from a
21:32 <~jokeefe> party (except newly registered voters).
21:32 <~jokeefe> March 1, 2022
21:33 <~jokeefe> Federal office dates are August 2, 2022 and March 8,
2022 respectively
21:33 < Malt> I will poke anyone who's been talking about runnign
21:35 <~jokeefe> thanks
21:37 <~jokeefe> for mask mandates - what about ways to stop the pandemic?
21:38 < Malt> a good idea
21:39 <~jokeefe> well, we have two topics then
21:39 <~jokeefe> Pirate News Sunday?
21:39 < Malt> i'll be here
21:40 < srevilak> me too
21:41 <~jokeefe> Joe can make it as well. Will schedule it.
21:42 <~jokeefe> I have nothing else. Anything else or shall we adjourn?
21:43 < srevilak> motion to adjourn
21:43 <~jokeefe> 2nd
21:44 <~jokeefe> all in favor?
21:44 < srevilak> aye
21:44 < srevilak> will post transcript