Difference between revisions of "July 10th, 2019 IRC Meeting"

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
m (Minutes: transcript tidy-up)
 
(9 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 82: Line 82:
 
== Participants ==
 
== Participants ==
  
 
+
* jokeefe
 +
* srevilak
 +
* Malt
 +
* Pirate_Joe
  
 
=== Observers ===
 
=== Observers ===
Line 95: Line 98:
 
== Summary ==
 
== Summary ==
  
 +
National Party.  Working on platform, website improvements, and merchandise.
 +
 +
Projects.  jokeefe working on poll for October conference.  Should go out on Friday.  No update on Holyoke meeting.  Pirate Picnic is on Aug 24th; may do as a potluck.
 +
 +
Video newsletter.  Next recording on Sunday, 11am.
 +
 +
CNBC piece on the pirate party: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwPL2vTAQvQ.  It's a few years old.
 +
 +
Next tech meeting - July 13th at 11:00a.  Goals are to upgrade wordpress theme, and test microphones.
  
 
== Minutes ==
 
== Minutes ==
  
 
   <nowiki>
 
   <nowiki>
 
+
21:09 <@jokeefe> ahoy
 +
21:09 < srevilak> good evening
 +
21:10 <@jokeefe> Agenda:
 +
        https://masspirates.org/wiki/July_10th,_2019_IRC_Meeting\
 +
21:10 < srevilak> apologies for my tardiness.  Coming from another meeting
 +
21:11 <@jokeefe> Not a problem.
 +
21:12 <@jokeefe> Review - National Party: how are things going?
 +
21:13 < Pirate_Joe> Good. We are still working on platform. I have been
 +
        tasked with researching different forms of org
 +
21:13 < Pirate_Joe> Website looks solid and we may have merch coming
 +
        out soon if everything goes well
 +
21:15 <@jokeefe> thanks. is there a shared document for the platform we
 +
        can add to?
 +
21:16 < Pirate_Joe> Not yet, that will be part of our next meeting so
 +
        I request as many of us to attend
 +
21:16 <@jokeefe> ok, thanks
 +
21:17 <@jokeefe> Projects
 +
21:18 <@jokeefe> Regional Meetings
 +
21:18 <@jokeefe> behind on poll for October party conference, planning
 +
        to email it Friday
 +
21:18 < Pirate_Joe> Switched from mobile to comp
 +
21:20 <@jokeefe> no update on Holyoke meetup. Lowell meetup/picnic is
 +
      8/24, thanks to Pirate_Joe
 +
21:20 <@jokeefe> Will check with Owen about Holyoke meetup
 +
21:20 < Pirate_Joe> 2 places have gotten back to me on that, both can
 +
        not do it on that day
 +
21:21 <@jokeefe> host or food?
 +
21:21 < Pirate_Joe> I have one more place to try tomorrow
 +
21:21 < Pirate_Joe> food/server
 +
21:21 < Pirate_Joe> the location is my partner's house that she is kind
 +
        enough to let us use for free <3
 +
21:22 <@jokeefe> could still go with potluck …
 +
21:23 < Pirate_Joe> I agree that is a good option, however I would prefer
 +
        us to focus on our topics and not preparing food
 +
21:23 <@jokeefe> good point
 +
21:23 < srevilak> I'm okay with potluck
 +
21:24 <@jokeefe> Video Newsletter
 +
21:24 < Malt> Sorry, on mobile
 +
21:24 < Pirate_Joe> We may have no choice
 +
21:24 <@jokeefe> That seems be a trend, Malt :-)
 +
21:24 <@jokeefe> When to record the next one?
 +
21:24 < srevilak> Malt: can you hear me now?
 +
21:25 < Malt> Yus
 +
21:27 <@jokeefe> Would Sunday be good?
 +
21:28 < Malt> Sure
 +
21:28 <@jokeefe> Pirate_Joe / srevilak?
 +
21:29 < Pirate_Joe> Looking at my schedule now
 +
21:29 < srevilak> I'll have to pass on Sunday.  Making a day trip to CT
 +
21:29 < Pirate_Joe> Sunday morning would be best for me, usual time?
 +
21:29 <@jokeefe> 11am?
 +
21:30 <@jokeefe> Does that work for you, Malt?
 +
21:30 < Malt> Should be fine
 +
21:30 < Pirate_Joe> 11 am it is
 +
21:31 <@jokeefe> Anyone have time to make calls to turn out people for
 +
        the Voter Choice MA lobby day?
 +
21:31 < Pirate_Joe> time is sadly something I don't have
 +
21:32 < Malt> I missed the note on that
 +
21:32 <@jokeefe> We agreed to support it at the last meeting. Lobby day
 +
        is the 16th.
 +
21:33 <@jokeefe> They are advocating for IRV/RCV in state and local
 +
        elections
 +
21:34 < Pirate_Joe> Is the last video posted?
 +
21:35 <@jokeefe> yes
 +
21:35 <@jokeefe> srevilak, did you get a chance to work on the audio?
 +
21:36 < srevilak> not yet unfortunately
 +
21:36 < Pirate_Joe> on a side note, CNBC did a piece on us
 +
21:36 < srevilak> will try to over the weekend
 +
21:36 < Pirate_Joe> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwPL2vTAQvQ
 +
21:36 < Malt> Cool!
 +
21:36 <@jokeefe> Very nice
 +
21:36 < Pirate_Joe> it's two years old but we should rep it up
 +
21:37 <@jokeefe> ok
 +
21:37 <@jokeefe> Democracy and Dogfood (Tech) - meeting scheduled July
 +
      13th, 11am-1pm, Arlington
 +
21:38 < srevilak> yeep
 +
21:38 < srevilak> yep
 +
21:38 < Malt> Nice
 +
21:38 <@jokeefe> I’ll bring my camera and if we have time, we can test
 +
        the microphones with it.
 +
21:38 < srevilak> sounds good
 +
21:39 < srevilak> beyond that, goal for Saturday is to get wordpress
 +
        theme updated
 +
21:40 <@jokeefe> Agreed
 +
21:41 <@jokeefe> That is all I have. Anything else?
 +
21:43 < Malt> There's more of a push against facial recognition
 +
21:43 < Malt> Might be cool to get a city by city rejection of it
 +
21:43 <@jokeefe> There is a coordinating meeting coming up.  I’ll email
 +
        you the details.
 +
21:44 <@jokeefe> Worcester next?
 +
21:44 < Malt> Sure
 +
21:44 <@jokeefe> srevilak, how is the surveillance workshop going?
 +
21:45 < srevilak> what surveillance workshop?
 +
21:45 <@jokeefe> committee?
 +
21:45 <@jokeefe> in Arlington
 +
21:45 < srevilak> oh, surveillance study committee
 +
21:46 < srevilak> recommendations are still in hands of town manager
 +
21:46 <@jokeefe> hasn’t that been awhile?
 +
21:47 < srevilak> yes.  Gears turn slowly sometimes
 +
21:48 <@jokeefe> The do at that
 +
21:48 <@jokeefe> Shall we adjourn until this weekend then?
 +
21:49 < Pirate_Joe> 2nd
 +
21:49 <@jokeefe> all in favor?
 +
21:49 < srevilak> aye
 +
21:49 < srevilak> will post transcript
 
   </nowiki>
 
   </nowiki>

Latest revision as of 21:51, 10 July 2019

Review

National Party

Decisions/Endorsements

Projects

Goals for Q2:

  • Organize meetups
  • Organize election
  • Organize Fundraiser(s)
  • Organize candidate trainings
  • Revise platform

Regional Meetings

jokeefe will post poll for October party conference by Friday.

Leader:

Video Newsletter

Leader: Joseph

  • Next pirate news recording?

Democracy and Dogfood (Tech)

  • meeting scheduled July 13th, 11am-1pm, Arlington
  • update blog theme
  • find discussion/voting system
  • set up torrents for PirateCon videos (creynolds)
  • post remaining audio for PirateCon talks (srevilak)

Tasks

Statement on Alabama/Ohio/Georgia Abortion ban bills/laws

Fight bills to make the Film Credit Permanent

H.2419 would make the film tax credit permanent. It is supposed to expire in 2023. The bill has 100+ signatures this time around. jokeefe will submit testimony.

National Platform reform/remake

Tabled Projects

These have been on our agenda for a long time. How do we make them a reality?

Boston Sex Worker Petition

Non-pirate guest speakers for Pirate News

CCTV camera map

Computer Donations

https://piratenpad.de/p/MassPiratesComputerDonations

Video Newsletter guest speakers

FOSS Tutorials

Worcester farm group is interested in having some FOSS tutorials. Perhaps:

  • how to do basic labels in GIMP,
  • work through a few sample spreadsheets related to seed cost and
  • similarly applicable real-world situations, depending on the needs of the group

Basically how to do graph design & product management with open source tools. Malt will put together a one paragraph description of what we need and we can mail it out to ask pirates to help.

Upcoming Events

  • 7/13, 11am-1pm, Democracy and Dogfood (Tech) Meeting, Arlington
  • 7/15, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 7/16, Voter Choice MA RCV Lobby Day
  • 7/22, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 7/29, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 7/31, 6-9pm, Somerville Cryptoparty, The Sprouts
  • 8/6, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Industry Lab, Cambridge
  •  ?, ?, Holyoke Pirate Meetup, Board Room, Holyoke Public Library, Holyoke

Participants

  • jokeefe
  • srevilak
  • Malt
  • Pirate_Joe

Observers

  • bonelesspepsi
  • davidd
  • hvxgr
  • hvxgr_
  • MikaelaSuomalainen
  • igel[m]

Summary

National Party. Working on platform, website improvements, and merchandise.

Projects. jokeefe working on poll for October conference. Should go out on Friday. No update on Holyoke meeting. Pirate Picnic is on Aug 24th; may do as a potluck.

Video newsletter. Next recording on Sunday, 11am.

CNBC piece on the pirate party: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwPL2vTAQvQ. It's a few years old.

Next tech meeting - July 13th at 11:00a. Goals are to upgrade wordpress theme, and test microphones.

Minutes

 
21:09 <@jokeefe> ahoy
21:09 < srevilak> good evening
21:10 <@jokeefe> Agenda:
        https://masspirates.org/wiki/July_10th,_2019_IRC_Meeting\
21:10 < srevilak> apologies for my tardiness.  Coming from another meeting
21:11 <@jokeefe> Not a problem.
21:12 <@jokeefe> Review - National Party: how are things going?
21:13 < Pirate_Joe> Good. We are still working on platform. I have been
        tasked with researching different forms of org
21:13 < Pirate_Joe> Website looks solid and we may have merch coming
        out soon if everything goes well
21:15 <@jokeefe> thanks. is there a shared document for the platform we
        can add to?
21:16 < Pirate_Joe> Not yet, that will be part of our next meeting so
        I request as many of us to attend
21:16 <@jokeefe> ok, thanks
21:17 <@jokeefe> Projects
21:18 <@jokeefe> Regional Meetings
21:18 <@jokeefe> behind on poll for October party conference, planning
        to email it Friday
21:18 < Pirate_Joe> Switched from mobile to comp
21:20 <@jokeefe> no update on Holyoke meetup. Lowell meetup/picnic is
       8/24, thanks to Pirate_Joe
21:20 <@jokeefe> Will check with Owen about Holyoke meetup
21:20 < Pirate_Joe> 2 places have gotten back to me on that, both can
        not do it on that day
21:21 <@jokeefe> host or food?
21:21 < Pirate_Joe> I have one more place to try tomorrow
21:21 < Pirate_Joe> food/server
21:21 < Pirate_Joe> the location is my partner's house that she is kind
        enough to let us use for free <3
21:22 <@jokeefe> could still go with potluck …
21:23 < Pirate_Joe> I agree that is a good option, however I would prefer
        us to focus on our topics and not preparing food
21:23 <@jokeefe> good point
21:23 < srevilak> I'm okay with potluck
21:24 <@jokeefe> Video Newsletter
21:24 < Malt> Sorry, on mobile
21:24 < Pirate_Joe> We may have no choice
21:24 <@jokeefe> That seems be a trend, Malt :-)
21:24 <@jokeefe> When to record the next one?
21:24 < srevilak> Malt: can you hear me now?
21:25 < Malt> Yus
21:27 <@jokeefe> Would Sunday be good?
21:28 < Malt> Sure
21:28 <@jokeefe> Pirate_Joe / srevilak?
21:29 < Pirate_Joe> Looking at my schedule now
21:29 < srevilak> I'll have to pass on Sunday.  Making a day trip to CT
21:29 < Pirate_Joe> Sunday morning would be best for me, usual time?
21:29 <@jokeefe> 11am?
21:30 <@jokeefe> Does that work for you, Malt?
21:30 < Malt> Should be fine
21:30 < Pirate_Joe> 11 am it is
21:31 <@jokeefe> Anyone have time to make calls to turn out people for
        the Voter Choice MA lobby day?
21:31 < Pirate_Joe> time is sadly something I don't have
21:32 < Malt> I missed the note on that
21:32 <@jokeefe> We agreed to support it at the last meeting. Lobby day
        is the 16th.
21:33 <@jokeefe> They are advocating for IRV/RCV in state and local
        elections
21:34 < Pirate_Joe> Is the last video posted?
21:35 <@jokeefe> yes
21:35 <@jokeefe> srevilak, did you get a chance to work on the audio?
21:36 < srevilak> not yet unfortunately
21:36 < Pirate_Joe> on a side note, CNBC did a piece on us
21:36 < srevilak> will try to over the weekend
21:36 < Pirate_Joe> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwPL2vTAQvQ
21:36 < Malt> Cool!
21:36 <@jokeefe> Very nice
21:36 < Pirate_Joe> it's two years old but we should rep it up
21:37 <@jokeefe> ok
21:37 <@jokeefe> Democracy and Dogfood (Tech) - meeting scheduled July
       13th, 11am-1pm, Arlington
21:38 < srevilak> yeep
21:38 < srevilak> yep
21:38 < Malt> Nice
21:38 <@jokeefe> I’ll bring my camera and if we have time, we can test
        the microphones with it.
21:38 < srevilak> sounds good
21:39 < srevilak> beyond that, goal for Saturday is to get wordpress
        theme updated
21:40 <@jokeefe> Agreed
21:41 <@jokeefe> That is all I have. Anything else?
21:43 < Malt> There's more of a push against facial recognition
21:43 < Malt> Might be cool to get a city by city rejection of it
21:43 <@jokeefe> There is a coordinating meeting coming up.  I’ll email
        you the details.
21:44 <@jokeefe> Worcester next?
21:44 < Malt> Sure
21:44 <@jokeefe> srevilak, how is the surveillance workshop going?
21:45 < srevilak> what surveillance workshop?
21:45 <@jokeefe> committee?
21:45 <@jokeefe> in Arlington
21:45 < srevilak> oh, surveillance study committee
21:46 < srevilak> recommendations are still in hands of town manager
21:46 <@jokeefe> hasn’t that been awhile?
21:47 < srevilak> yes.  Gears turn slowly sometimes
21:48 <@jokeefe> The do at that
21:48 <@jokeefe> Shall we adjourn until this weekend then?
21:49 < Pirate_Joe> 2nd
21:49 <@jokeefe> all in favor?
21:49 < srevilak> aye
21:49 < srevilak> will post transcript