July 17th, 2019 IRC Meeting
- 1 Review
- 2 Decisions/Endorsements
- 3 Projects
- 4 Tasks
- 5 Tabled Projects
- 6 Upcoming Events
- 7 Participants
- 8 Summary
- 9 Minutes
- An Act to establish a taskforce to develop a uniform code for police body-worn cameras and their recordings (H.2120) contains language to exemption of body camera recordings from the definition of “public record”. More at:
- The CASE Act (H2426) would create a copyright infringement small claims court, thus leading to more copyright trolling.
Congress of Corrections
Boston is hosting the Congress of Corrections, Aug 1-6. It will be at the Hynes Convention Center, Halls C&D. It is sponsored by private prison and ICE detention investors.
Goals for Q2:
- Organize meetups
- Organize election
- Organize Fundraiser(s)
- Organize candidate trainings
- Revise platform
jokeefe will post poll for October party conference by Friday.
- Next pirate news recording?
Democracy and Dogfood (Tech)
- meeting scheduled July 13th, 11am-1pm, Arlington
- update blog theme
- find discussion/voting system
- set up torrents for PirateCon videos (creynolds)
- post remaining audio for PirateCon talks (srevilak)
Statement on Alabama/Ohio/Georgia Abortion ban bills/laws
Fight bills to make the Film Credit Permanent
H.2419 would make the film tax credit permanent. It is supposed to expire in 2023. The bill has 100+ signatures this time around. jokeefe will submit testimony.
National Platform reform/remake
These have been on our agenda for a long time. How do we make them a reality?
Boston Sex Worker Petition
Non-pirate guest speakers for Pirate News
CCTV camera map
Video Newsletter guest speakers
Worcester farm group is interested in having some FOSS tutorials. Perhaps:
- how to do basic labels in GIMP,
- work through a few sample spreadsheets related to seed cost and
- similarly applicable real-world situations, depending on the needs of the group
Basically how to do graph design & product management with open source tools. Malt will put together a one paragraph description of what we need and we can mail it out to ask pirates to help.
- 7/16, Voter Choice MA RCV Lobby Day
- 7/17, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
- 7/22, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
- 7/29, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
- 7/31, 6-9pm, Somerville Cryptoparty, The Sprouts
- 8/6, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Industry Lab, Cambridge
- 8/10, 11am-1pm, Democracy and Dogfood (Tech) Meeting, Arlington
- 8/24, Lowell Pirate Picnic, Lowell
- ?, ?, Holyoke Pirate Meetup, Board Room, Holyoke Public Library, Holyoke