July 26th, 2022 IRC Meeting

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Revision as of 20:35, 26 July 2022 by Jokeefe (talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigationJump to search

Review

Decisions/Endorsements

Projects

Outreach

Leader: Malt

Meeting poll

Fostering Locals

Planning for 2023 Local Elections

Party Conference & Elections

  • Conference tentatively for October 8th.
  • Elections in Nov.

Video Newsletter/Podcast

Leader: Joseph

  • Pirate news recording scheduled for Sundays, 7pm with go-live at 7:30pm. Unless changed

Other To Do

  • Application to PPI

Upcoming Events

  • Pirate Moot, Sat., July 30th, noon-2pm
  • Pirate Moot, Sat., August 27th, 11am-2pm, Joe's place

Participants

Observers

  • davidd
  • hvxgr
  • slerman

Summary

Minutes

 



[9:06pm] jokeefe: Agenda: https://masspirates.org/wiki/July_26th,_2022_IRC_Meeting
[9:06pm] jokeefe: ids
[9:06pm] jokeefe: Anything to add?
[9:06pm] jokeefe: James O’Keefe, Somerville
[9:06pm] Joe: Damage happens in transportation, it's almost impossible to stop it.
[9:07pm] Joe: I want to stay brief tonight if possible.
[9:07pm] Joe: Joseph Onoroski, Lowell
[9:08pm] jokeefe: It certainly is if you don’t put addequate packing material in the box. 
[9:08pm] jokeefe: Brief is fine.
[9:08pm] jokeefe: Projects
[9:09pm] jokeefe: We have a Pirate Moot, this Sat., July 30th, noon-2pm. It will be on-line.
[9:09pm] jokeefe: Training topics for the 2023 Local Elections?
[9:10pm] jokeefe: 1. Why run
[9:10pm] jokeefe: 2. How to setup your campaign
[9:10pm] jokeefe: 3. How to get on the ballot
[9:10pm] jokeefe: 4. Fundraising
[9:10pm] jokeefe: 5. Organizing volunteers
[9:11pm] jokeefe: 6. Voter ID
[9:11pm] jokeefe: 7. Get out the vote
[9:11pm] jokeefe: other topics you think would be useful
[9:11pm] jokeefe: ?
[9:11pm] Joe: Campaign website building
[9:12pm] jokeefe: good idea
[9:12pm] jokeefe: and other electronic outreach
[9:12pm] Joe: Constant contact campaign
[9:12pm] jokeefe: That is one possibility
[9:14pm] Joe: I believe that is what that is called, when you touch base via email to keep contacts in the loop
[9:15pm] jokeefe: email outreach. txt outreach. social media outreach
[9:15pm] jokeefe: phone outreach
[9:15pm] jokeefe: door outreach
[9:15pm] Joe: We should start doing random table events to hand out flyers.
[9:16pm] Joe: I found a few older documents that I can copy about drm and trifolds yesterday.
[9:16pm] jokeefe: Agreed. Mesh Boston had a table at the MIT Swap Fest. Ran out of flyers. Will do it next month.
[9:16pm] jokeefe: great!
[9:17pm] Joe: The trifolds are the larger stack, I can make more too.
[9:17pm] jokeefe: Thanks.
[9:17pm] jokeefe: Assign a mentor is something the party can do.
[9:17pm] jokeefe: Someone who can answer questions in a few hours.
[9:19pm] Joe: Any hope of gaining more members or getting more pirates in MA to take part in this meeting?
[9:19pm] Joe left the chat room. (connection closed)
[9:19pm] Joe joined the chat room.
[9:19pm] jokeefe: Yes. Need to contact people more frequently.
[9:20pm] Joe: Let's give them something to talk about.
[9:20pm] jokeefe: We have the Saturday video meeting and your event in August.
[9:20pm] jokeefe: Topics?
[9:21pm] Joe: "Biden takes big step toward government-backed digital currency" https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna19248
[9:21pm] Joe: Basicly the fed is taking a step to turn off people's money at will.
[9:22pm] jokeefe: That could happen.
[9:22pm] Joe: Orwellian times at it's best.
[9:22pm] jokeefe: That is from March. Any update since then or are they still in the exploration stage.
[9:22pm] Joe: Well, they can already freeze bank accounts.
[9:23pm] Joe: There is an actual bill now but I forget which one atm.
[9:24pm] Joe: But if memory serves correctly it's the fed trying to end crypto and the dollar in one move.
[9:24pm] Joe: I have to re-read it a bit slower.
[9:25pm] jokeefe: I thought they need a court order to freeze a bank account, but anything that makes it easier
[9:25pm] jokeefe: ...
[9:27pm] Joe: "U.S. senators unveil bill to regulate cryptocurrency | Reuters" https://www.reuters.com/markets/us/us-senators-unveil-bill-regulate-cryptocurrency-2022-06-07/
[9:27pm] jokeefe: outreach would be a good topic for Saturday.
[9:27pm] Joe: Not if you are labeled as a terrorist, foreign or domestic
[9:27pm] Joe: Agreed
[9:28pm] Joe: Outreach and CRM training
[9:28pm] jokeefe: Fair point
[9:28pm] jokeefe: Interesting switch to from SEC to Commodity Futures Trading Commission
[9:29pm] jokeefe: Outreach and CRM training. Great
[9:30pm] jokeefe: Sunday Pirate news?
[9:30pm] jokeefe: I will make it.
[9:30pm] Joe: I will be attending as well.
[9:31pm] jokeefe: Good. Thankfully the weather isn’t supposed to be as hot as it has been.
[9:31pm] jokeefe: Anything else?
[9:31pm] Joe: Just that we still have over 2k in the account
[9:32pm] Joe: And we should copy whatever the USPP does for donations.
[9:32pm] jokeefe: Good to hear. Thanks for the update.
[9:33pm] jokeefe: What we have should be improved.
[9:33pm] Joe: That's all I have, motion to adjourn?
[9:33pm] jokeefe: 2nd
[9:34pm] jokeefe: all in favor?
[9:34pm] Joe: Aye
[9:34pm] jokeefe: aye
[9:34pm] Joe: Gnight sir.
[9:34pm] jokeefe: have a wonderful week. Talk with you on the weekend.
[9:34pm] jokeefe: good night, Joe