Difference between revisions of "July 28th, 2021 IRC Meeting"

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search
 
(2 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 69: Line 69:
 
Facial Recognition Testimony
 
Facial Recognition Testimony
 
* https://etherpad.pp-international.net/p/MAPPFaceRecogTechTestimony
 
* https://etherpad.pp-international.net/p/MAPPFaceRecogTechTestimony
 +
* Hearing info: https://malegislature.gov/Events/Hearings/Detail/3892
 +
* Additional details: https://masspirates.org/blog/2021/07/28/thursday-sign-up-to-testify-against-facial-recognition/
  
 
== Minutes ==
 
== Minutes ==
  
 
   <nowiki>
 
   <nowiki>
 
+
21:05 <@jokeefe> Agenda:
 
+
      https://masspirates.org/wiki/July_28th,_2021_IRC_Meeting
 
+
21:05 <@jokeefe> ids
 
+
21:05 <@jokeefe> James O’Keefe, Somerville
 
+
21:05 < srevilak> Steve Revilak, Arlington
 +
21:06 < malt> sam capradae, worcester
 +
21:06 < malt> it was my birthday yesterdy
 +
21:07 <@jokeefe> Anything to add?
 +
21:07 < srevilak> Happy birthday!
 +
21:07 < malt> none
 +
21:08 <@jokeefe> Decisions/Endorsements
 +
21:08 <@jokeefe> Facial Recognition Testimony on Friday
 +
21:08 <@jokeefe>
 +
      https://etherpad.pp-international.net/p/MAPPFaceRecogTechTestimony
 +
21:11 <@jokeefe> Suggestions?
 +
21:14 < srevilak> Does Friday's bill have anything to do with
 +
      https://www.aclum.org/en/legislation/face-surveillance-regulation
 +
21:15 < srevilak> also
 +
      https://www.aclum.org/en/campaigns/press-pause-face-surveillance
 +
21:16 < malt> I'm adding some color commentary
 +
21:17 <@jokeefe> thanks
 +
21:19 < srevilak> It's this hearing?
 +
      https://malegislature.gov/Events/Hearings/Detail/3892
 +
21:25 <@jokeefe> yes
 +
21:26 <@jokeefe> Sign up is at
 +
      https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf8FCH5mrhe9jvokp8Ov56wnCuTiff5G3XqzCywMa2GQvlDdQ/viewform
 +
21:26 <@jokeefe> by 5pm Thursday
 +
21:27 <@jokeefe> Posted details at
 +
      https://masspirates.org/blog/2021/07/28/thursday-sign-up-to-testify-against-facial-recognition/
 +
21:33 < srevilak> thx!
 +
21:33 < malt> what time friday?
 +
21:34 <@jokeefe> Thanks for the video link. That looks like a new
 +
      feature. Will share it.
 +
21:34 <@jokeefe> It starts at 11am.
 +
21:36 < malt> okay cool
 +
21:39 <@jokeefe> Sorry, been a long day. Finding it a bit difficult to
 +
      edit the file at the moment.
 +
21:41 < malt> i can handle it
 +
21:43 <@jokeefe> Thanks. I can make more edits later.
 +
21:47 <@jokeefe> Outreach - suggest holding the next pirate moot in
 +
      September. Expect August will be slow.
 +
21:48 <@jokeefe> Pirate News recording this weekend - 7:30pm?
 +
21:50 < malt> i will be out of town
 +
21:51 < srevilak> I'm available for pirate news
 +
21:52 <@jokeefe> Sounds good.
 +
21:53 < srevilak> is it adjourn time?  (Will post transcript if so)
 +
21:53 <@jokeefe> Hope you have a good trip malt.
 +
21:53 <@jokeefe> I think so, srevilak.
 +
21:54 <@jokeefe> malt and I will finish the statement by tomorrow.
 +
21:54 <@jokeefe> malt has done so much of it. thanks!
 +
21:54 <@jokeefe> motion to adjourn?
 +
21:54 < malt> 2nd
 +
21:55 < srevilak> aye
 +
21:55 <@jokeefe> aye
 
</nowiki>
 
</nowiki>

Latest revision as of 21:57, 28 July 2021

Review

Decisions/Endorsements

Facial Recognition Testimony

https://etherpad.pp-international.net/p/MAPPFaceRecogTechTestimony

Platform

Planks: https://github.com/masspirates/planks

Working on Elections and Voting plank: https://etherpad.pp-international.net/p/ElectionsAndVoting

Projects

Legislation

Outreach

Leader: Malt

  • Next Pirate Moot: June 26th, 4-6pm, on-line
  • Setup local video meetups by region with people who said they were interested in organizing a local chapter
  • Organize candidate trainings

Video Newsletter/Podcast

Leader: Joseph

  • Pirate news recording scheduled for Sundays, 7pm with go-live at 7:30pm. Unless changed

Trans Advocacy Telethon

Boston Pride Festival - Cancelled

Leader: jokeefe

Boston Pride decided to close rather than reform itself to be more diverse.

Will put in a request to get our money back for the table we won't have. Might need to contact the OCPF.

Other To Do

  • Application to PPI

Upcoming On-line Events

Participants

  • jokeefe (James O'Keefe, Somerville)
  • srevilak (Steve Revilak, Arlington)
  • malt (Sam Capradae, Worcester)

Observers

  • davidd
  • hvxgr
  • slerman

Summary

Facial Recognition Testimony

Minutes

 
21:05 <@jokeefe> Agenda:
       https://masspirates.org/wiki/July_28th,_2021_IRC_Meeting
21:05 <@jokeefe> ids
21:05 <@jokeefe> James O’Keefe, Somerville
21:05 < srevilak> Steve Revilak, Arlington
21:06 < malt> sam capradae, worcester
21:06 < malt> it was my birthday yesterdy
21:07 <@jokeefe> Anything to add?
21:07 < srevilak> Happy birthday!
21:07 < malt> none
21:08 <@jokeefe> Decisions/Endorsements
21:08 <@jokeefe> Facial Recognition Testimony on Friday
21:08 <@jokeefe>
       https://etherpad.pp-international.net/p/MAPPFaceRecogTechTestimony
21:11 <@jokeefe> Suggestions?
21:14 < srevilak> Does Friday's bill have anything to do with
       https://www.aclum.org/en/legislation/face-surveillance-regulation
21:15 < srevilak> also
       https://www.aclum.org/en/campaigns/press-pause-face-surveillance
21:16 < malt> I'm adding some color commentary
21:17 <@jokeefe> thanks
21:19 < srevilak> It's this hearing?
       https://malegislature.gov/Events/Hearings/Detail/3892
21:25 <@jokeefe> yes
21:26 <@jokeefe> Sign up is at
       https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf8FCH5mrhe9jvokp8Ov56wnCuTiff5G3XqzCywMa2GQvlDdQ/viewform
21:26 <@jokeefe> by 5pm Thursday
21:27 <@jokeefe> Posted details at
       https://masspirates.org/blog/2021/07/28/thursday-sign-up-to-testify-against-facial-recognition/
21:33 < srevilak> thx!
21:33 < malt> what time friday?
21:34 <@jokeefe> Thanks for the video link. That looks like a new
       feature. Will share it.
21:34 <@jokeefe> It starts at 11am.
21:36 < malt> okay cool
21:39 <@jokeefe> Sorry, been a long day. Finding it a bit difficult to
       edit the file at the moment.
21:41 < malt> i can handle it
21:43 <@jokeefe> Thanks. I can make more edits later.
21:47 <@jokeefe> Outreach - suggest holding the next pirate moot in
       September. Expect August will be slow.
21:48 <@jokeefe> Pirate News recording this weekend - 7:30pm?
21:50 < malt> i will be out of town
21:51 < srevilak> I'm available for pirate news
21:52 <@jokeefe> Sounds good.
21:53 < srevilak> is it adjourn time?  (Will post transcript if so)
21:53 <@jokeefe> Hope you have a good trip malt.
21:53 <@jokeefe> I think so, srevilak.
21:54 <@jokeefe> malt and I will finish the statement by tomorrow.
21:54 <@jokeefe> malt has done so much of it. thanks!
21:54 <@jokeefe> motion to adjourn?
21:54 < malt> 2nd
21:55 < srevilak> aye
21:55 <@jokeefe> aye