Difference between revisions of "June 12th, 2019 IRC Meeting"

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(Created page with "== Review == == Decisions/Endorsements == === Leadership/activist/volunteer picnic === == Projects == Goals for Q2: * Organize meetups * Organize election * Organize Fundr...")
 
(One intermediate revision by the same user not shown)
Line 4: Line 4:
  
 
=== Leadership/activist/volunteer picnic ===
 
=== Leadership/activist/volunteer picnic ===
 +
 +
6/29, 2-4pm, Somerville
 +
 +
=== Mayfirst Voting To Change Its Structure ===
 +
 +
# -- Should we approve these new by-laws that make us a non-profit membership organization -- the non-profit version of a coop?
 +
# -- If you vote "yes" on the new by-laws, should we adopt a "special relationship" (as defined by these new by-laws) with the May First coop in Mexico?
 +
# -- If you vote "yes" on the new by-laws, should we authorize the current Leadership Committee to continue in its current role until the elections for the new Board of Directors can be held (probably sometime in September)?
 +
 +
Bylaws - https://mayfirst.org/files/bylaws.en.pdf
 +
 +
Discussion - https://comment.mayfirst.org/t/discuss-the-proposed-coop-by-laws/1245
  
 
== Projects ==
 
== Projects ==
Line 23: Line 35:
  
 
* Next pirate news recording?
 
* Next pirate news recording?
 
=== Setup Local Chapters ===
 
  
 
=== Update Platform ===
 
=== Update Platform ===
 
=== Election Campaigns ===
 
 
Leader: James O'Keefe
 
  
 
=== Mesh Net ===
 
=== Mesh Net ===
Line 42: Line 48:
 
=== Tech/Outreach ===
 
=== Tech/Outreach ===
  
* need to schedule a June meeting
+
* meeting scheduled June 15th
 
* find discussion/voting system
 
* find discussion/voting system
 
* update blog theme
 
* update blog theme

Revision as of 20:51, 12 June 2019

Review

Decisions/Endorsements

Leadership/activist/volunteer picnic

6/29, 2-4pm, Somerville

Mayfirst Voting To Change Its Structure

  1. -- Should we approve these new by-laws that make us a non-profit membership organization -- the non-profit version of a coop?
  2. -- If you vote "yes" on the new by-laws, should we adopt a "special relationship" (as defined by these new by-laws) with the May First coop in Mexico?
  3. -- If you vote "yes" on the new by-laws, should we authorize the current Leadership Committee to continue in its current role until the elections for the new Board of Directors can be held (probably sometime in September)?

Bylaws - https://mayfirst.org/files/bylaws.en.pdf

Discussion - https://comment.mayfirst.org/t/discuss-the-proposed-coop-by-laws/1245

Projects

Goals for Q2:

  • Organize meetups
  • Organize election
  • Organize Fundraiser(s)
  • Organize candidate trainings
  • Revise platform

Regional Meetings

Leader:

Video Newsletter

Leader: Joseph

  • Next pirate news recording?

Update Platform

Mesh Net

Leader: igel[m]

Cryptoparties

Leader:

Tech/Outreach

  • meeting scheduled June 15th
  • find discussion/voting system
  • update blog theme
  • update civicrm software
  • set up torrents for PirateCon videos (creynolds)
  • post remaining audio for PirateCon talks (srevilak)

Tasks

Statement on Alabama/Ohio/Georgia Abortion ban bills/laws

Fight bills to make the Film Credit Permanent

HD388 would make the film tax credit permanent. It is supposed to expire in 2023. The bill has 100+ signatures this time around. There isn't a hearing date for it yet.

Action items:

  • Tell our supporters how to oppose it
  • Look out for a hearing date
  • If possible, reach out to other groups to organize a lobby day

National Platform reform/remake

Tabled Projects

These have been on our agenda for a long time. How do we make them a reality?

Boston Sex Worker Petition

Non-pirate guest speakers for Pirate News

CCTV camera map

Computer Donations

https://piratenpad.de/p/MassPiratesComputerDonations

Video Newsletter guest speakers

FOSS Tutorials

Worcester farm group is interested in having some FOSS tutorials. Perhaps:

  • how to do basic labels in GIMP,
  • work through a few sample spreadsheets related to seed cost and
  • similarly applicable real-world situations, depending on the needs of the group

Basically how to do graph design & product management with open source tools. Malt will put together a one paragraph description of what we need and we can mail it out to ask pirates to help.

Upcoming Events

  • 6/18, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 6/22, 11am-4pm, Holyoke Pirate Meetup, Board Room, Holyoke Public Library, Holyoke
  • 6/25, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 6/25, 6-9pm, Somerville Cryptoparty, The Sprouts
  • 6/29, 2pm-4pm, Leadership/Activist/Volunteer Meetup, Somerville
  • 7/1, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting

Participants

Observers

  • bonelesspepsi
  • davidd
  • hvxgr
  • hvxgr_
  • MikaelaSuomalainen

Summary

Minutes