Difference between revisions of "June 12th, 2019 IRC Meeting"

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(Minutes)
Line 124: Line 124:
  
 
   <nowiki>
 
   <nowiki>
 
+
21:02 <@jokeefe> Agenda:
 
+
        https://masspirates.org/wiki/June_12th,_2019_IRC_Meeting
 +
21:02 <@jokeefe> ids
 +
21:02 < Malt> Niiiiiiice
 +
21:02 < igel[m]> yar
 +
21:02 <@jokeefe> James O’Keefe, Somerville
 +
21:02 < Pirate_Joe> Joseph Onoroski, Lowell
 +
21:02 < DesmondRavenstone> Desmond Ravenstone, Boston (Roslindale)
 +
21:02 < srevilak> Pirate_Joe: type "/me" at the beginning of the line,
 +
        then other stuff
 +
21:02 < Malt> Sam capradae, Worcester
 +
21:02 < Pirate_Joe> Ahh, ty
 +
21:03 < srevilak> Steve Revilak, Arlington
 +
21:03 < igel[m]> william fleurant, arlington
 +
21:03  * Malt slaps self with a large trout
 +
21:03 < srevilak> Malt: has gotten the hang of it
 +
21:04 <@jokeefe> anything to add?
 +
21:04 < DesmondRavenstone> * DesmondRavenstone sticks his elbow in his ear
 +
21:04 < Pirate_Joe> Only one comment for the national meeting
 +
21:04 <@jokeefe> ok, please add it to the agenda
 +
21:05 < DesmondRavenstone> *DesmondRavenstone takes elbow out of ear
 +
21:05 < Pirate_Joe> I do not have access to such things on this pc,
 +
        please add it for me.
 +
21:05 <@jokeefe> Review - anything to review?
 +
21:05 < DesmondRavenstone> */me again puts elbow in ear
 +
21:05 < Pirate_Joe> New appointment on the national level
 +
21:06 < srevilak> DesmondRavenstone: "/me " has to be the first four
 +
        characters on the line.  (No "*" in front)
 +
21:06  * DesmondRavenstone removes elbow from ear
 +
21:06 < DesmondRavenstone> AHA!
 +
21:06  * srevilak thinks DesmondRavenstone has got the hang of it
 +
21:06 < Pirate_Joe> New appointment on the national level
 +
21:07  * DesmondRavenstone likes bragging about his flexibility
 +
21:07 < Malt> Oh?
 +
21:07 <@jokeefe> What is the new national level appointment Pirate_Joe?
 +
21:07 < Pirate_Joe> Webmaster
 +
21:07 < DesmondRavenstone> Yes, do tell!
 +
21:08 < Malt> Could you hit me up with a link Monday? Might be able to
 +
        make it
 +
21:08 <@jokeefe> Thanks Malt
 +
21:08 < Pirate_Joe> So we were contacted by an indiviual that goes by
 +
        the name Johan.  Very excited, wanting to ramp up things for both the
 +
        national level and individual states
 +
21:09 <@jokeefe> great
 +
21:09 < Malt> Nice
 +
21:09 < DesmondRavenstone> What ideas does Johan have?
 +
21:09 < Pirate_Joe> We nominated him to Webmaster and we will be setting
 +
        up a merch account when I get everything done for setting up the pac,
 +
        which at this point is whenever I can get to it.
 +
21:10 <@jokeefe> cool
 +
21:10 < Pirate_Joe> He is a former lawyer for Washington D.C. Supreme
 +
        court circuit and so he is about to retire. Likes our party and wanted
 +
        to do a bit to help us ramp up.
 +
21:11 <@jokeefe> glad to have the help
 +
21:11 <@jokeefe> Decisions/Endorsements
 +
21:11 < Pirate_Joe> That's all I have on that matter for the moment,
 +
        but we may end up doing an active distribution to the states for running
 +
        candidates
 +
21:12 <@jokeefe> thank you
 +
21:12 < Malt> Cool!
 +
21:12 < Pirate_Joe> Thanks, that's all I have
 +
21:12 <@jokeefe> Leadership/activist/volunteer picnic  - Set for 6/29
 +
2-4pm.
 +
21:12 < Malt> I'm out of the state, sorry buds
 +
21:12 <@jokeefe> Will email out to the activist list and volunteers
 +
        tomorrow
 +
21:13 <@jokeefe> have a wonderful trip, Malt
 +
21:13 < Pirate_Joe> I may be able to attend but I will have the little
 +
        pirate with me.
 +
21:13 < Malt> I'm driving Gramma from Florida to VT
 +
21:13 <@jokeefe> Will have a grill and some food
 +
21:13 <@jokeefe> Hope you aren’t doing it all at once
 +
21:13 < Pirate_Joe> I'll bring some food as well. Or perhaps a tasty
 +
        beverage or 20
 +
21:13 <@jokeefe> Pirate_Joe little pirates are fun
 +
21:14 < Pirate_Joe> Aye
 +
21:14 <@jokeefe> Mayfirst Voting To Change Its Structure
 +
21:14 <@jokeefe> srevilak, would you be able to give a summary?
 +
21:14 < srevilak> I've downloaded the new set of bylaws.  Was planning
 +
        to read them and vote later in the week
 +
21:15 < srevilak> But the general gist.  MF/PL operates in two countries,
 +
        US and MX.  MX is formally set up as a co-op
 +
21:15 <@jokeefe> We have to vote by 6/17
 +
21:15 < srevilak> US is chartered as a non-profit
 +
21:15 < srevilak> One of the goals was to have more similar organizational
 +
        structures in the two countries
 +
21:16 < srevilak> My understanding is that the US portion will have a
 +
        board, rather than a leadership committee
 +
21:17 <@jokeefe> Questions are:
 +
21:17 <@jokeefe> -- Should we approve these new by-laws that make us a
 +
        non-profit membership organization -- the non-profit version of a coop?
 +
21:17 <@jokeefe> -- If you vote "yes" on the new by-laws, should we
 +
        adopt a "special relationship" (as defined by these new by-laws) with
 +
        the May First coop in Mexico?
 +
21:17 <@jokeefe> -- If you vote "yes" on the new by-laws, should we
 +
        authorize the current Leadership Committee to continue in its current
 +
        role until the elections for the new Board of Directors can be held
 +
        (probably sometime in September)?
 +
21:17 <@jokeefe> Bylaws - https://mayfirst.org/files/bylaws.en.pdf
 +
21:17 <@jokeefe> Discussion -
 +
        https://comment.mayfirst.org/t/discuss-the-proposed-coop-by-laws/1245
 +
21:17 < srevilak> It will still be a membership-based organization
 +
21:18 < srevilak> jokeefe: I'm in favor of that
 +
21:18 < Malt> Yes
 +
21:18 <@jokeefe> Wisconsin Pirates are structured as a coop
 +
21:19 < DesmondRavenstone> Query: Aren't there rules about how Mass
 +
        political parties are to be organized?
 +
21:19 <@jokeefe> this isn’t for us
 +
21:19 <@jokeefe> it is for how our hosting provider is organized.
 +
21:20 <@jokeefe> we have to vote or not by 6/17
 +
21:20 < srevilak> I've now read through the bylaws.  I'm fine with
 +
        supporting
 +
21:21 < igel[m]> how might  other mayfirst subscribers  vote
 +
21:21 <@jokeefe> does that answer your question DesmondRavenstone?
 +
21:21 < DesmondRavenstone> I believe so, thanks
 +
21:21 <@jokeefe> ahoy igel[m]
 +
21:22 <@jokeefe> great
 +
21:22 < srevilak> igel[m]: there are three questions
 +
21:22 < srevilak> Adopt the proposed by-laws formally transitioning
 +
        the organization into a cooperative, non-profit membership organization
 +
        (click to review the full by-laws).
 +
21:22 <@jokeefe> My thought is to vote Yes/Yes/Yes
 +
21:22  * srevilak agrees with jokeefe
 +
21:23 < DesmondRavenstone> Or, as Sean Connery might say: Yesh, Yesh, Yesh
 +
21:23 <@jokeefe> lol
 +
21:23 < Malt> Same
 +
21:23 < srevilak> igel[m]: second question: Establish a special
 +
        relationship with the Primero de Mayo Coop in Mexico (as defined in our
 +
        new by-laws) in order to continue our bi-national leadership and strategy.
 +
21:24 < srevilak> See https://vote.mayfirst.org/node/84
 +
21:24 < srevilak> igel[m]: third question: Grant authority for the
 +
        existing Leadership Committee to continue until the new board can
 +
        be elected.
 +
21:24 < srevilak> See https://vote.mayfirst.org/node/86
 +
21:25 <@jokeefe> thoughts?
 +
21:26 < DesmondRavenstone> If we vote for the first two, the third makes
 +
        complete sense.
 +
21:26 < Malt> No strong objections here
 +
21:26 < Pirate_Joe> Though this may affect us, I have little interest
 +
        in it currently and will defer judgement to more informed members of
 +
        our committee.
 +
21:27 < Pirate_Joe> IE jokeefe and srevilak
 +
21:29 <@jokeefe> any objections?
 +
21:30 < DesmondRavenstone> Not on my part
 +
21:30 < srevilak> no objection
 +
21:30 < Malt> Nine
 +
21:31 < Malt> None
 +
21:31 < Pirate_Joe> None here as well
 +
21:31 <@jokeefe> igel[m]?
 +
21:32 <@jokeefe> to answer your question, igel[m], I have no idea how
 +
        other members will vote.  srevilak?
 +
21:33 < srevilak> I voted yes, yes, yes
 +
21:33 < srevilak> Can't speak for any other members, however
 +
21:33 < Malt> Same, all yesses here
 +
21:33 < igel[m]> ok
 +
21:33 < DesmondRavenstone> Like Pirate_Joe will concur with others
 +
21:34 < igel[m]> no obj here
 +
21:34 < Pirate_Joe> I trust Srevilak's judgement, his wit is quick and
 +
        his eye be true
 +
21:34 < igel[m]> lol
 +
21:34 <@jokeefe> ok, will vote Yes/Yes/Yes, then
 +
21:34  * DesmondRavenstone loves Pirate_Joe's turn of phrase
 +
21:34 < srevilak> Pirate_Joe hopes so :)
 +
21:35 <@jokeefe> Projects
 +
21:35 <@jokeefe> Regional Meetings
 +
21:35 < srevilak> I had volunteered to work on invitation message copy
 +
        this past weekend
 +
21:35 < srevilak> Got too caught up in GoTV
 +
21:35 <@jokeefe> this weekend?
 +
21:36 < srevilak> jokeefe: no, three days ago
 +
21:36 <@jokeefe> would you be able to finish that?
 +
21:36 < srevilak> jokeefe: will give myself a deadline of friday night
 +
        to draft
 +
21:36 <@jokeefe> thank you
 +
21:37 <@jokeefe> Due to family developments, I asked Owen if we could
 +
        move the Holyoke event back. Haven’t heard from him yet.
 +
21:38 < srevilak> jokeefe: if postponing would help you out, then we
 +
        should do that
 +
21:40 <@jokeefe> thanks
 +
21:41 < srevilak> I'll work on copy anyway.  We can use it whenever
 +
21:41 <@jokeefe> Should have time tomorrow to post a poll for the October
 +
        general meeting
 +
21:41 <@jokeefe> and send out an email to volunteers/supporters
 +
21:42 <@jokeefe> Pirate_Joe - do we have the final time for the picnic
 +
        you were hosting?
 +
21:43 < Pirate_Joe> I have not booked the catering yet, but I am hopeful
 +
        for the afternoon
 +
21:43 <@jokeefe> thanks
 +
21:43 <@jokeefe> Video Newsletter
 +
21:44 < Pirate_Joe> I should be available Sunday in the morning, Does
 +
10:30 sound good for everyone?
 +
21:44 <@jokeefe> Will have last one up tomorrow. Been a bit distracted
 +
21:44 < Malt> Ok
 +
21:45 < Pirate_Joe> Understandable, it gets done when we can get to it.
 +
21:45 <@jokeefe> Sunday 10:30am should be fine
 +
21:46 < Pirate_Joe> Would anyone else like to attend? I will be discussing
 +
        Brexit
 +
21:46 < Malt> I should be around
 +
21:46 < DesmondRavenstone> Not sure if I can make it
 +
21:46 < srevilak> I can make it
 +
21:46 < Pirate_Joe> And Trumps complete botching of it thus far
 +
21:47 < Pirate_Joe> Did you see his meeting with the Irish Prime minister?
 +
21:47 < igel[m]> no
 +
21:47 < Pirate_Joe> It's painful to watch
 +
21:49  * DesmondRavenstone wines
 +
21:49 <@jokeefe> We should include local stuff as well: MBTA detrailments
 +
        for one
 +
21:49 < Pirate_Joe> I plan to make this one a bit longer for more natural
 +
        discussion. With a few key Pirate issues on display for it, I don't want
 +
        to miss this opportunity for good click baitiness.
 +
21:49 <@jokeefe> also:
 +
21:49 <@jokeefe>
 +
        https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2019/06/04/top-court-mass-review-controversial-technology-police-use-track-cars/rrMNeqIuYxc1rmiANhnrJK/story.html
 +
21:50  * DesmondRavenstone winces about Irish PM & Trump
 +
21:50 <@jokeefe>
 +
        https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20190608/10443842355/obtained-records-show-ice-is-using-alpr-databases-to-reconstruct-targets-lives.shtml
 +
21:50 <@jokeefe> Brexit/Trump - the gifts that just keep on giving
 +
21:50 < Malt> Yeah the plate tracking is a Big Deal
 +
21:50  * DesmondRavenstone winces again over links
 +
21:50 < igel[m]> yes
 +
21:50 <@jokeefe>
 +
        https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2019/06/hackers-stole-thousands-of-border-crossing-photos-from-border-agency/
 +
21:51 < igel[m]> we have children in same detention concentration
 +
        internment centers as japaneese were held in during WWII
 +
21:52 < igel[m]> pity we do not have democracy
 +
21:52 < igel[m]> at so many levels
 +
21:52 <@jokeefe> aye that
 +
21:52 < Malt> We gotta boost those hackers
 +
21:52  * DesmondRavenstone nods in agreement
 +
21:52 <@jokeefe> to that -
 +
        https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20190608/19442942359/ice-is-cramming-immigrants-into-filthy-overcrowded-facilities.shtml
 +
21:53 < igel[m]> kids now limited to 30min outdoor time remaining in
 +
        the jail cells
 +
21:54 < Pirate_Joe> So really good bit to go on for that, so we are
 +
        doing it. That's all I have on that topic.
 +
21:54 < Pirate_Joe> All are welcome to attend, the more the merrier.
 +
21:54 < Malt> That story is pirate gold
 +
21:54 < Malt> Yeah
 +
21:54 <@jokeefe> 10:30am Sunday then
 +
21:55 <@jokeefe> igel[m]: How goes Mass Mesh Net?
 +
21:56 < igel[m]> folks are stepping up with outreach soo much
 +
21:56 <@jokeefe> Wonderful!
 +
21:56 < igel[m]> hopefully critical mass this summer
 +
21:57 <@jokeefe> Cryptoparties - Somerville one will be 6/26 at the
 +
        Sprouts
 +
21:57 < Malt> Nice
 +
21:57 <@jokeefe> Topic is 2FA devices
 +
21:58 < srevilak> we're getting close to time
 +
21:59 <@jokeefe> aye that is all i have
 +
21:59 < igel[m]> snds good re: 2fa
 +
21:59 <@jokeefe> motion to adjourn?
 +
21:59 < Pirate_Joe> 2nd
 +
21:59 <@jokeefe> all in favor?
 +
21:59 < Malt> Aye
 +
21:59 < srevilak> aye
 +
22:00 <@jokeefe> srevilak, would you get the notes and the summary?
 +
22:00 < Pirate_Joe> Aye
 +
22:00 < srevilak> jokeefe: sure
 +
22:00 <@jokeefe> thank you
 
   </nowiki>
 
   </nowiki>

Revision as of 22:01, 12 June 2019

Review

Decisions/Endorsements

Leadership/activist/volunteer picnic

6/29, 2-4pm, Somerville

Mayfirst Voting To Change Its Structure

  1. -- Should we approve these new by-laws that make us a non-profit membership organization -- the non-profit version of a coop?
  2. -- If you vote "yes" on the new by-laws, should we adopt a "special relationship" (as defined by these new by-laws) with the May First coop in Mexico?
  3. -- If you vote "yes" on the new by-laws, should we authorize the current Leadership Committee to continue in its current role until the elections for the new Board of Directors can be held (probably sometime in September)?

Bylaws - https://mayfirst.org/files/bylaws.en.pdf

Discussion - https://comment.mayfirst.org/t/discuss-the-proposed-coop-by-laws/1245

Projects

Goals for Q2:

  • Organize meetups
  • Organize election
  • Organize Fundraiser(s)
  • Organize candidate trainings
  • Revise platform

Regional Meetings

Leader:

Video Newsletter

Leader: Joseph

  • Next pirate news recording?

Update Platform

Mesh Net

Leader: igel[m]

Cryptoparties

Leader:

Tech/Outreach

  • meeting scheduled June 15th
  • find discussion/voting system
  • update blog theme
  • update civicrm software
  • set up torrents for PirateCon videos (creynolds)
  • post remaining audio for PirateCon talks (srevilak)

Tasks

Statement on Alabama/Ohio/Georgia Abortion ban bills/laws

Fight bills to make the Film Credit Permanent

HD388 would make the film tax credit permanent. It is supposed to expire in 2023. The bill has 100+ signatures this time around. There isn't a hearing date for it yet.

Action items:

  • Tell our supporters how to oppose it
  • Look out for a hearing date
  • If possible, reach out to other groups to organize a lobby day

National Platform reform/remake

Tabled Projects

These have been on our agenda for a long time. How do we make them a reality?

Boston Sex Worker Petition

Non-pirate guest speakers for Pirate News

CCTV camera map

Computer Donations

https://piratenpad.de/p/MassPiratesComputerDonations

Video Newsletter guest speakers

FOSS Tutorials

Worcester farm group is interested in having some FOSS tutorials. Perhaps:

  • how to do basic labels in GIMP,
  • work through a few sample spreadsheets related to seed cost and
  • similarly applicable real-world situations, depending on the needs of the group

Basically how to do graph design & product management with open source tools. Malt will put together a one paragraph description of what we need and we can mail it out to ask pirates to help.

Upcoming Events

  • 6/18, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 6/22, 11am-4pm, Holyoke Pirate Meetup, Board Room, Holyoke Public Library, Holyoke
  • 6/25, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 6/25, 6-9pm, Somerville Cryptoparty, The Sprouts
  • 6/29, 2pm-4pm, Leadership/Activist/Volunteer Meetup, Somerville
  • 7/1, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting

Participants

Observers

  • bonelesspepsi
  • davidd
  • hvxgr
  • hvxgr_
  • MikaelaSuomalainen

Summary

Minutes

 
21:02 <@jokeefe> Agenda:
        https://masspirates.org/wiki/June_12th,_2019_IRC_Meeting
21:02 <@jokeefe> ids
21:02 < Malt> Niiiiiiice
21:02 < igel[m]> yar
21:02 <@jokeefe> James O’Keefe, Somerville
21:02 < Pirate_Joe> Joseph Onoroski, Lowell
21:02 < DesmondRavenstone> Desmond Ravenstone, Boston (Roslindale)
21:02 < srevilak> Pirate_Joe: type "/me" at the beginning of the line,
        then other stuff
21:02 < Malt> Sam capradae, Worcester
21:02 < Pirate_Joe> Ahh, ty
21:03 < srevilak> Steve Revilak, Arlington
21:03 < igel[m]> william fleurant, arlington
21:03  * Malt slaps self with a large trout
21:03 < srevilak> Malt: has gotten the hang of it
21:04 <@jokeefe> anything to add?
21:04 < DesmondRavenstone> * DesmondRavenstone sticks his elbow in his ear
21:04 < Pirate_Joe> Only one comment for the national meeting
21:04 <@jokeefe> ok, please add it to the agenda
21:05 < DesmondRavenstone> *DesmondRavenstone takes elbow out of ear
21:05 < Pirate_Joe> I do not have access to such things on this pc,
        please add it for me.
21:05 <@jokeefe> Review - anything to review?
21:05 < DesmondRavenstone> */me again puts elbow in ear
21:05 < Pirate_Joe> New appointment on the national level
21:06 < srevilak> DesmondRavenstone: "/me " has to be the first four
        characters on the line.  (No "*" in front)
21:06  * DesmondRavenstone removes elbow from ear
21:06 < DesmondRavenstone> AHA!
21:06  * srevilak thinks DesmondRavenstone has got the hang of it
21:06 < Pirate_Joe> New appointment on the national level
21:07  * DesmondRavenstone likes bragging about his flexibility
21:07 < Malt> Oh?
21:07 <@jokeefe> What is the new national level appointment Pirate_Joe?
21:07 < Pirate_Joe> Webmaster
21:07 < DesmondRavenstone> Yes, do tell!
21:08 < Malt> Could you hit me up with a link Monday? Might be able to
        make it
21:08 <@jokeefe> Thanks Malt
21:08 < Pirate_Joe> So we were contacted by an indiviual that goes by
        the name Johan.  Very excited, wanting to ramp up things for both the
        national level and individual states
21:09 <@jokeefe> great
21:09 < Malt> Nice
21:09 < DesmondRavenstone> What ideas does Johan have?
21:09 < Pirate_Joe> We nominated him to Webmaster and we will be setting
        up a merch account when I get everything done for setting up the pac,
        which at this point is whenever I can get to it.
21:10 <@jokeefe> cool
21:10 < Pirate_Joe> He is a former lawyer for Washington D.C. Supreme
        court circuit and so he is about to retire. Likes our party and wanted
        to do a bit to help us ramp up.
21:11 <@jokeefe> glad to have the help
21:11 <@jokeefe> Decisions/Endorsements
21:11 < Pirate_Joe> That's all I have on that matter for the moment,
        but we may end up doing an active distribution to the states for running
        candidates
21:12 <@jokeefe> thank you
21:12 < Malt> Cool!
21:12 < Pirate_Joe> Thanks, that's all I have
21:12 <@jokeefe> Leadership/activist/volunteer picnic  - Set for 6/29
2-4pm.
21:12 < Malt> I'm out of the state, sorry buds
21:12 <@jokeefe> Will email out to the activist list and volunteers
        tomorrow
21:13 <@jokeefe> have a wonderful trip, Malt
21:13 < Pirate_Joe> I may be able to attend but I will have the little
        pirate with me.
21:13 < Malt> I'm driving Gramma from Florida to VT
21:13 <@jokeefe> Will have a grill and some food
21:13 <@jokeefe> Hope you aren’t doing it all at once
21:13 < Pirate_Joe> I'll bring some food as well. Or perhaps a tasty
        beverage or 20
21:13 <@jokeefe> Pirate_Joe little pirates are fun
21:14 < Pirate_Joe> Aye
21:14 <@jokeefe> Mayfirst Voting To Change Its Structure
21:14 <@jokeefe> srevilak, would you be able to give a summary?
21:14 < srevilak> I've downloaded the new set of bylaws.  Was planning
        to read them and vote later in the week
21:15 < srevilak> But the general gist.  MF/PL operates in two countries,
        US and MX.  MX is formally set up as a co-op
21:15 <@jokeefe> We have to vote by 6/17
21:15 < srevilak> US is chartered as a non-profit
21:15 < srevilak> One of the goals was to have more similar organizational
        structures in the two countries
21:16 < srevilak> My understanding is that the US portion will have a
        board, rather than a leadership committee
21:17 <@jokeefe> Questions are:
21:17 <@jokeefe> -- Should we approve these new by-laws that make us a
        non-profit membership organization -- the non-profit version of a coop?
21:17 <@jokeefe> -- If you vote "yes" on the new by-laws, should we
        adopt a "special relationship" (as defined by these new by-laws) with
        the May First coop in Mexico?
21:17 <@jokeefe> -- If you vote "yes" on the new by-laws, should we
        authorize the current Leadership Committee to continue in its current
        role until the elections for the new Board of Directors can be held
        (probably sometime in September)?
21:17 <@jokeefe> Bylaws - https://mayfirst.org/files/bylaws.en.pdf
21:17 <@jokeefe> Discussion -
        https://comment.mayfirst.org/t/discuss-the-proposed-coop-by-laws/1245
21:17 < srevilak> It will still be a membership-based organization
21:18 < srevilak> jokeefe: I'm in favor of that
21:18 < Malt> Yes
21:18 <@jokeefe> Wisconsin Pirates are structured as a coop
21:19 < DesmondRavenstone> Query: Aren't there rules about how Mass
        political parties are to be organized?
21:19 <@jokeefe> this isn’t for us
21:19 <@jokeefe> it is for how our hosting provider is organized.
21:20 <@jokeefe> we have to vote or not by 6/17
21:20 < srevilak> I've now read through the bylaws.  I'm fine with
        supporting
21:21 < igel[m]> how might  other mayfirst subscribers  vote
21:21 <@jokeefe> does that answer your question DesmondRavenstone?
21:21 < DesmondRavenstone> I believe so, thanks
21:21 <@jokeefe> ahoy igel[m]
21:22 <@jokeefe> great
21:22 < srevilak> igel[m]: there are three questions
21:22 < srevilak> Adopt the proposed by-laws formally transitioning
        the organization into a cooperative, non-profit membership organization
        (click to review the full by-laws).
21:22 <@jokeefe> My thought is to vote Yes/Yes/Yes
21:22  * srevilak agrees with jokeefe
21:23 < DesmondRavenstone> Or, as Sean Connery might say: Yesh, Yesh, Yesh
21:23 <@jokeefe> lol
21:23 < Malt> Same
21:23 < srevilak> igel[m]: second question: Establish a special
        relationship with the Primero de Mayo Coop in Mexico (as defined in our
        new by-laws) in order to continue our bi-national leadership and strategy.
21:24 < srevilak> See https://vote.mayfirst.org/node/84
21:24 < srevilak> igel[m]: third question: Grant authority for the
        existing Leadership Committee to continue until the new board can
        be elected.
21:24 < srevilak> See https://vote.mayfirst.org/node/86
21:25 <@jokeefe> thoughts?
21:26 < DesmondRavenstone> If we vote for the first two, the third makes
        complete sense.
21:26 < Malt> No strong objections here
21:26 < Pirate_Joe> Though this may affect us, I have little interest
        in it currently and will defer judgement to more informed members of
        our committee.
21:27 < Pirate_Joe> IE jokeefe and srevilak
21:29 <@jokeefe> any objections?
21:30 < DesmondRavenstone> Not on my part
21:30 < srevilak> no objection
21:30 < Malt> Nine
21:31 < Malt> None
21:31 < Pirate_Joe> None here as well
21:31 <@jokeefe> igel[m]?
21:32 <@jokeefe> to answer your question, igel[m], I have no idea how
        other members will vote.  srevilak?
21:33 < srevilak> I voted yes, yes, yes
21:33 < srevilak> Can't speak for any other members, however
21:33 < Malt> Same, all yesses here
21:33 < igel[m]> ok
21:33 < DesmondRavenstone> Like Pirate_Joe will concur with others
21:34 < igel[m]> no obj here
21:34 < Pirate_Joe> I trust Srevilak's judgement, his wit is quick and
        his eye be true
21:34 < igel[m]> lol
21:34 <@jokeefe> ok, will vote Yes/Yes/Yes, then
21:34  * DesmondRavenstone loves Pirate_Joe's turn of phrase
21:34 < srevilak> Pirate_Joe hopes so :)
21:35 <@jokeefe> Projects
21:35 <@jokeefe> Regional Meetings
21:35 < srevilak> I had volunteered to work on invitation message copy
        this past weekend
21:35 < srevilak> Got too caught up in GoTV
21:35 <@jokeefe> this weekend?
21:36 < srevilak> jokeefe: no, three days ago
21:36 <@jokeefe> would you be able to finish that?
21:36 < srevilak> jokeefe: will give myself a deadline of friday night
        to draft
21:36 <@jokeefe> thank you
21:37 <@jokeefe> Due to family developments, I asked Owen if we could
        move the Holyoke event back. Haven’t heard from him yet.
21:38 < srevilak> jokeefe: if postponing would help you out, then we
        should do that
21:40 <@jokeefe> thanks
21:41 < srevilak> I'll work on copy anyway.  We can use it whenever
21:41 <@jokeefe> Should have time tomorrow to post a poll for the October
        general meeting
21:41 <@jokeefe> and send out an email to volunteers/supporters
21:42 <@jokeefe> Pirate_Joe - do we have the final time for the picnic
        you were hosting?
21:43 < Pirate_Joe> I have not booked the catering yet, but I am hopeful
        for the afternoon
21:43 <@jokeefe> thanks
21:43 <@jokeefe> Video Newsletter
21:44 < Pirate_Joe> I should be available Sunday in the morning, Does
10:30 sound good for everyone?
21:44 <@jokeefe> Will have last one up tomorrow. Been a bit distracted
21:44 < Malt> Ok
21:45 < Pirate_Joe> Understandable, it gets done when we can get to it.
21:45 <@jokeefe> Sunday 10:30am should be fine
21:46 < Pirate_Joe> Would anyone else like to attend? I will be discussing
        Brexit
21:46 < Malt> I should be around
21:46 < DesmondRavenstone> Not sure if I can make it
21:46 < srevilak> I can make it
21:46 < Pirate_Joe> And Trumps complete botching of it thus far
21:47 < Pirate_Joe> Did you see his meeting with the Irish Prime minister?
21:47 < igel[m]> no
21:47 < Pirate_Joe> It's painful to watch
21:49  * DesmondRavenstone wines
21:49 <@jokeefe> We should include local stuff as well: MBTA detrailments
        for one
21:49 < Pirate_Joe> I plan to make this one a bit longer for more natural
        discussion. With a few key Pirate issues on display for it, I don't want
        to miss this opportunity for good click baitiness.
21:49 <@jokeefe> also:
21:49 <@jokeefe>
        https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2019/06/04/top-court-mass-review-controversial-technology-police-use-track-cars/rrMNeqIuYxc1rmiANhnrJK/story.html
21:50  * DesmondRavenstone winces about Irish PM & Trump
21:50 <@jokeefe>
        https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20190608/10443842355/obtained-records-show-ice-is-using-alpr-databases-to-reconstruct-targets-lives.shtml
21:50 <@jokeefe> Brexit/Trump - the gifts that just keep on giving
21:50 < Malt> Yeah the plate tracking is a Big Deal
21:50  * DesmondRavenstone winces again over links
21:50 < igel[m]> yes
21:50 <@jokeefe>
        https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2019/06/hackers-stole-thousands-of-border-crossing-photos-from-border-agency/
21:51 < igel[m]> we have children in same detention concentration
        internment centers as japaneese were held in during WWII
21:52 < igel[m]> pity we do not have democracy
21:52 < igel[m]> at so many levels
21:52 <@jokeefe> aye that
21:52 < Malt> We gotta boost those hackers
21:52  * DesmondRavenstone nods in agreement
21:52 <@jokeefe> to that -
        https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20190608/19442942359/ice-is-cramming-immigrants-into-filthy-overcrowded-facilities.shtml
21:53 < igel[m]> kids now limited to 30min outdoor time remaining in
        the jail cells
21:54 < Pirate_Joe> So really good bit to go on for that, so we are
        doing it. That's all I have on that topic.
21:54 < Pirate_Joe> All are welcome to attend, the more the merrier.
21:54 < Malt> That story is pirate gold
21:54 < Malt> Yeah
21:54 <@jokeefe> 10:30am Sunday then
21:55 <@jokeefe> igel[m]: How goes Mass Mesh Net?
21:56 < igel[m]> folks are stepping up with outreach soo much
21:56 <@jokeefe> Wonderful!
21:56 < igel[m]> hopefully critical mass this summer
21:57 <@jokeefe> Cryptoparties - Somerville one will be 6/26 at the
        Sprouts
21:57 < Malt> Nice
21:57 <@jokeefe> Topic is 2FA devices
21:58 < srevilak> we're getting close to time
21:59 <@jokeefe> aye that is all i have
21:59 < igel[m]> snds good re: 2fa
21:59 <@jokeefe> motion to adjourn?
21:59 < Pirate_Joe> 2nd
21:59 <@jokeefe> all in favor?
21:59 < Malt> Aye
21:59 < srevilak> aye
22:00 <@jokeefe> srevilak, would you get the notes and the summary?
22:00 < Pirate_Joe> Aye
22:00 < srevilak> jokeefe: sure
22:00 <@jokeefe> thank you