June 14th, 2022 IRC Meeting

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Revision as of 20:37, 14 June 2022 by Jokeefe (talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigationJump to search



Trans Resistance March, June 25th

Revisit Time of Meeting


Planks: https://github.com/masspirates/planks

What we are working on now:



Leader: Malt

Video Newsletter/Podcast

Leader: Joseph

  • Pirate news recording scheduled for Sundays, 7pm with go-live at 7:30pm. Unless changed

Other To Do

  • Application to PPI

Upcoming Events

  • Pirate Moot, Sat., June 26th, noon-2pm, on-line
  • Pirate Moot, Sun., August 25th, 11am-2pm, Joe's place


  • jokeefe (James O’Keefe, Somerville)
  • Joe (Joseph Onoroski, Lowell)
  • srevilak (Steve Revilak, Arlington)


  • davidd
  • hvxgr
  • slerman


Trans Resistance March

Discussion about adjusting our meeting time

  • Will do poll for times in the 8-10p range, Mon - Thu




[9:03pm] jokeefe: Agenda: https://masspirates.org/wiki/June_14th,_2022_IRC_Meeting
[9:03pm] jokeefe: ids
[9:03pm] Joe: I would like to request a time change to the meeting though so we could increase our attendance
[9:03pm] srevilak joined the chat room.
[9:04pm] jokeefe: James O’Keefe, Somerville
[9:04pm] Joe: Joseph Onoroski, Lowell
[9:04pm] srevilak: Steve Revilak, Arlington
[9:04pm] Joe: Hey Srevilak!
[9:05pm] jokeefe: ahoy
[9:05pm] srevilak: hi Joe
[9:05pm] jokeefe: Joe, I added your item. Anything else to add?
[9:05pm] Joe: Nay
[9:06pm] srevilak: Nothing to add here
[9:06pm] jokeefe: Decisions/Endorsements
[9:07pm] jokeefe: Trans Resistance March, June 25th - Since we didn’t end up being in the Dyke March, I suggest we attend this march?
[9:07pm] srevilak: I can be there
[9:08pm] jokeefe: I started work on the event.
[9:08pm] Joe: I will be working but I'll be there in spirit.
[9:08pm] srevilak: https://www.transresistancema.com/trans-resistance-2022
[9:08pm] jokeefe: It is too late to have a table. Endorse and march?
[9:09pm] srevilak: Endorse and march sounds fine to me
[9:10pm] Joe: We can still get a table.
[9:10pm] Joe: https://www.transresistancema.com/sponsors
[9:12pm] Joe left the chat room. (connection closed)
[9:12pm] Joe joined the chat room.
[9:12pm] Joe: Did you want us to do it?
[9:13pm] jokeefe: I thought I saw something that tables were closed.  Table or march, I don’t think we can do both at this time.
[9:14pm] srevilak: Could go either way
[9:14pm] Joe: Since I will be preoccupied, I am happy to support you either way. This is an issue that we all support here.
[9:15pm] Joe: Vote seems to be deferred to you Jamie.
[9:15pm] jokeefe: Let’s do march, but I will ask them about tabling/sponsoring.
[9:15pm] srevilak: Sounds good
[9:15pm] jokeefe: all in favor of the march then?
[9:16pm] Joe: Aye
[9:16pm] srevilak: aye
[9:16pm] jokeefe: aye
[9:16pm] jokeefe: any opposed?
[9:16pm] jokeefe: motion passes
[9:17pm] jokeefe: Joe suggested we should revisit the time of this meeting
[9:17pm] Joe: Or day really.
[9:17pm] srevilak: ok
[9:18pm] Joe: Is there a way we could poll everyone? Maybe get more attendance.
[9:18pm] jokeefe: I can put together a poll and put it out in the next email or two.
[9:19pm] jokeefe: Any days/times that don’t work?
[9:19pm] Joe: I am open to any day of the week at 9pm, so whenever works for anyone else.
[9:19pm] jokeefe: except Sundays, I expect
[9:20pm] Joe: Though pref m-th
[9:20pm] jokeefe: also probably not Friday/Saturday night
[9:20pm] Joe: Friday sat and sun are pretty busy for me so I may miss a few.
[9:21pm] jokeefe: m-th 9pm, then?
[9:22pm] Joe: I am open to suggestions, if earlier would work better for others.
[9:22pm] jokeefe: could open it up with m-th 8-10pm
[9:23pm] jokeefe: is 10-11pm too late?
[9:24pm] srevilak: would prefer to be done by 10
[9:24pm] jokeefe: as would I 
[9:24pm] Joe: Yes/no. I'm usually up at 530
[9:24pm] jokeefe: will see how it goes with m-th 8-10pm
[9:25pm] Joe: But sleep is overrated anyways.
[9:25pm] jokeefe: will try that then
[9:26pm] jokeefe: Reminder that if you have any edits for https://etherpad.pp-international.net/p/MAPPArtisforEveryone!, please add them.
[9:28pm] Joe: I would like to add an action item to the plank.
[9:28pm] jokeefe: Will solicit more input for it
[9:28pm] jokeefe: what action item do you have?
[9:29pm] Joe: To have each school's art class senior year paint a part of the town. Making it into a regional community competition.
[9:30pm] jokeefe: add it to https://etherpad.pp-international.net/p/MAPPArtisforEveryone!
[9:30pm] Joe: The winner of which gets a small grant to both the school and the winning class.
[9:33pm] Joe: Added
[9:33pm] jokeefe: Added it
[9:33pm] jokeefe: thanks
[9:33pm] jokeefe: pirate news on sunday?
[9:34pm] Joe: Of course!
[9:34pm] Joe: I hope to start setting up my computers
[9:35pm] srevilak: will be there on Sun
[9:35pm] Joe: Though I have to get a few monitors.
[9:35pm] jokeefe: good luck!
[9:35pm] jokeefe: anything else?
[9:35pm] Joe: Motion to adjourn?
[9:36pm] jokeefe: 2nd
[9:36pm] jokeefe: all in favor?
[9:36pm] srevilak: aye to adjourn
[9:36pm] Joe: Aye