June 21st, 2022 IRC Meeting
Cancel June Pirate Moot
Our Pirate Moot is scheduled during a Community Bridge cooperative cookout 11:00-3:00 at Houghton's Pond, Milton. Suggest we cancel it.
What we are working on now:
- Pirate news recording scheduled for Sundays, 7pm with go-live at 7:30pm. Unless changed
Other To Do
- Application to PPI
- Trans Resistance March, Sat., June 25th, 11am-2pm
- Pirate Moot, Sun., June 26th, noon-2pm, on-line
- Pirate Moot, Sat., June 23rd, noon-2pm, James's place
- Pirate Moot, Sat., August 27th, 11am-2pm, Joe's place
- Joe (Joseph Onoroski, Lowell)
- srevilak (Steve Revilak, Arlington)
Cancel June pirate moot
- Would be scheduled for the day after the march. Later weekends have conflicts.
- We'll cancel June. Next moot in July.
- We're revisting our meeting time, to see if something else might work better
- On for Sunday night, as ususal
- Possible topics
21:04 <~jokeefe> Agenda: https://masspirates.org/wiki/June_21st,_2022_IRC_Meeting 21:04 <~jokeefe> ids 21:05 < Joe> Joseph Onoroski, Lowell 21:05 <~jokeefe> Anything to add 21:05 < srevilak> Steve Revilak, Arlington 21:05 <~jokeefe> James O’Keefe, Somerville 21:05 < Joe> I am dum b, totally forgot to grab the cb's from Steve.... 21:06 < srevilak> No worries. They're still in my mudroom, with your name on them 21:06 <~jokeefe> Decisions/Endorsements 21:06 <~jokeefe> Cancel June Pirate Moot 21:07 <~jokeefe> The Pirate Moot is scheduled for the day after the march and overlaps with a Community Bridge cooperative cookout. 21:08 <~jokeefe> Suggest canceling it since we cannot move it to the next weekend as it the July 4th weekend. 21:09 <~jokeefe> Then we are two weeks away from the next one 21:09 < Joe> I am not opposed. 21:09 < srevilak> Sounds reasonable 21:10 < srevilak> Motion to cancel 21:10 <~jokeefe> 2nd 21:10 < srevilak> all in favor? 21:10 < Joe> Aye 21:10 <~jokeefe> aye 21:11 < srevilak> aye 21:11 <~jokeefe> motion passes 21:11 < srevilak> I declare this a unanimous vote 21:12 <~jokeefe> lol 21:12 <~jokeefe> Platform 21:12 <~jokeefe> https://etherpad.pp-international.net/p/MAPPArtisforEveryone! 21:16 < Joe> Added more to action items. 21:16 < Joe> For adult artists. 21:17 <~jokeefe> thanks 21:18 < Joe> I am very happy with this plank, tbh. 21:19 <~jokeefe> feel like we need more action items 21:20 < Joe> Pretty sure statefunded art supplies would be huge. 21:20 < Joe> Art supplies are expensive af 21:21 <~jokeefe> they are 21:25 <~jokeefe> will send it out in the next email for comment, sound good? 21:27 < Joe> Aye 21:27 < Joe> Finished meeting poll 21:27 < Joe> https://www.systemli.org/poll/#/poll/ZFGCtMd5xq/participation?encryptionKey=Dk9WcxgFqmQewUTKkNXidxBuUFLaNXQEcrKSUosM 21:28 <~jokeefe> thanks 21:28 <~jokeefe> Video Newsletter/Podcast - Sunday good? 21:29 < Joe> Yes 21:29 < srevilak> Yes 21:30 <~jokeefe> Topics? 21:31 < Joe> I would like to discuss Ukraine if possible. Nothing in depth but Russia is threatening Lithuania now. 21:31 < Joe> Lithuania is a NATO country. 21:32 < Joe> https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jun/21/kaliningrad-russia-threatens-serious-consequences-as-lithuania-blocks-rail-goods 21:33 <~jokeefe> ok 21:34 < Joe> If they follow through, on both sides. That's the start of ww3 21:35 <~jokeefe> Yes. Hopefully not. 21:35 < Joe> Agreed 21:36 < Joe> I would prefer to keep it brief because I don't want to feed in to either sides propaganda. 21:37 <~jokeefe> Wise 21:37 <~jokeefe> Anything else to discuss? 21:38 < Joe> There is the 2a ban but that is a loaded topic 21:39 <~jokeefe> 2a ban? 21:39 < Joe> Basically the federal government is doing what we already have in Massachusetts 21:39 <~jokeefe> The Senate bill? 21:40 < Joe> Yes 21:41 <~jokeefe> Well we can follow up on our previous video now that there seems to be a bill. 21:42 < srevilak> I wouldn't quite call it a 2a ban 21:43 < Joe> https://malegislature.gov/Bills/192/H4897 21:44 < Joe> https://malegislature.gov/Bills/192/H4891 21:44 < srevilak> I'm currently a fan of https://malegislature.gov/Bills/192/H1448 21:44 < Joe> That is what it's opponents are calling it. 21:44 <~jokeefe> the legislature’s site is so slow 21:45 <~jokeefe> do you want to discuss them during the video? 21:45 < Joe> It always seems to be the case. 21:46 < srevilak> Sure - seems like good subject matter 21:46 < Joe> Yes, those 3 bills are interesting. 21:46 <~jokeefe> https://malegislature.gov/Bills/192/H1448 has potential. will look at it more 21:48 <~jokeefe> shall we adjourn, then? 21:49 < Joe> 2nd 21:49 < srevilak> aye 21:49 < srevilak> will post transcript