June 21st, 2022 IRC Meeting

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search



Cancel June Pirate Moot

Our Pirate Moot is scheduled during a Community Bridge cooperative cookout 11:00-3:00 at Houghton's Pond, Milton. Suggest we cancel it.


Planks: https://github.com/masspirates/planks

What we are working on now:



Leader: Malt

Meeting poll

Video Newsletter/Podcast

Leader: Joseph

  • Pirate news recording scheduled for Sundays, 7pm with go-live at 7:30pm. Unless changed

Other To Do

  • Application to PPI

Upcoming Events

  • Trans Resistance March, Sat., June 25th, 11am-2pm
  • Pirate Moot, Sun., June 26th, noon-2pm, on-line
  • Pirate Moot, Sat., June 23rd, noon-2pm, James's place
  • Pirate Moot, Sat., August 27th, 11am-2pm, Joe's place


  • jokeefe
  • Joe (Joseph Onoroski, Lowell)
  • srevilak (Steve Revilak, Arlington)


  • davidd
  • hvxgr
  • slerman


Cancel June pirate moot

  • Would be scheduled for the day after the march. Later weekends have conflicts.
  • We'll cancel June. Next moot in July.


Meeting poll

  • We're revisting our meeting time, to see if something else might work better

Pirate News


21:04 <~jokeefe> Agenda:
21:04 <~jokeefe> ids
21:05 < Joe> Joseph Onoroski, Lowell
21:05 <~jokeefe> Anything to add
21:05 < srevilak> Steve Revilak, Arlington
21:05 <~jokeefe> James O’Keefe, Somerville
21:05 < Joe> I am dum b, totally forgot to grab the cb's from Steve....
21:06 < srevilak> No worries.  They're still in my mudroom, with your
        name on them
21:06 <~jokeefe> Decisions/Endorsements
21:06 <~jokeefe> Cancel June Pirate Moot
21:07 <~jokeefe> The Pirate Moot is scheduled for the day after the
        march and overlaps with a Community Bridge cooperative cookout.
21:08 <~jokeefe> Suggest canceling it since we cannot move it to the
        next weekend as it the July 4th weekend.
21:09 <~jokeefe> Then we are two weeks away from the next one
21:09 < Joe> I am not opposed.
21:09 < srevilak> Sounds reasonable
21:10 < srevilak> Motion to cancel
21:10 <~jokeefe> 2nd
21:10 < srevilak> all in favor?
21:10 < Joe> Aye
21:10 <~jokeefe> aye
21:11 < srevilak> aye
21:11 <~jokeefe> motion passes
21:11 < srevilak> I declare this a unanimous vote
21:12 <~jokeefe> lol
21:12 <~jokeefe> Platform
21:12 <~jokeefe>
21:16 < Joe> Added more to action items.
21:16 < Joe> For adult artists.
21:17 <~jokeefe> thanks
21:18 < Joe> I am very happy with this plank, tbh.
21:19 <~jokeefe> feel like we need more action items
21:20 < Joe> Pretty sure statefunded art supplies would be huge.
21:20 < Joe> Art supplies are expensive af
21:21 <~jokeefe> they are
21:25 <~jokeefe> will send it out in the next email for comment,
        sound good?
21:27 < Joe> Aye
21:27 < Joe> Finished meeting poll
21:27 < Joe>
21:28 <~jokeefe> thanks
21:28 <~jokeefe> Video Newsletter/Podcast - Sunday good?
21:29 < Joe> Yes
21:29 < srevilak> Yes
21:30 <~jokeefe> Topics?
21:31 < Joe> I would like to discuss Ukraine if possible. Nothing in
        depth but Russia is threatening Lithuania now.
21:31 < Joe> Lithuania is a NATO country.
21:32 < Joe>
21:33 <~jokeefe> ok
21:34 < Joe> If they follow through, on both sides. That's the start
        of ww3
21:35 <~jokeefe> Yes. Hopefully not.
21:35 < Joe> Agreed
21:36 < Joe> I would prefer to keep it brief because I don't want to
        feed in to either sides propaganda.
21:37 <~jokeefe> Wise
21:37 <~jokeefe> Anything else to discuss?
21:38 < Joe> There is the 2a ban but that is a loaded topic
21:39 <~jokeefe> 2a ban?
21:39 < Joe> Basically the federal government is doing what we already
        have in Massachusetts
21:39 <~jokeefe> The Senate bill?
21:40 < Joe> Yes
21:41 <~jokeefe> Well we can follow up on our previous video now that
        there seems to be a bill.
21:42 < srevilak> I wouldn't quite call it a 2a ban
21:43 < Joe> https://malegislature.gov/Bills/192/H4897
21:44 < Joe> https://malegislature.gov/Bills/192/H4891
21:44 < srevilak> I'm currently a fan of
21:44 < Joe> That is what it's opponents are calling it.
21:44 <~jokeefe> the legislature’s site is so slow
21:45 <~jokeefe> do you want to discuss them during the video?
21:45 < Joe> It always seems to be the case.
21:46 < srevilak> Sure - seems like good subject matter
21:46 < Joe> Yes, those 3 bills are interesting.
21:46 <~jokeefe> https://malegislature.gov/Bills/192/H1448 has
        potential. will look at it more
21:48 <~jokeefe> shall we adjourn, then?
21:49 < Joe> 2nd
21:49 < srevilak> aye
21:49 < srevilak> will post transcript