Difference between revisions of "June 26th, 2019 IRC Meeting"

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search
Line 118: Line 118:
 
== Summary ==
 
== Summary ==
  
 +
 +
 +
 +
== Minutes ==
 +
 +
  <nowiki>
  
 
[9:05pm] jokeefe: Agenda: https://masspirates.org/wiki/June_26th,_2019_IRC_Meeting
 
[9:05pm] jokeefe: Agenda: https://masspirates.org/wiki/June_26th,_2019_IRC_Meeting
Line 282: Line 288:
 
[9:49pm] jokeefe: srevilak, would you summarize?
 
[9:49pm] jokeefe: srevilak, would you summarize?
 
[9:49pm] srevilak: ok
 
[9:49pm] srevilak: ok
 
== Minutes ==
 
 
  <nowiki>
 
 
 
   </nowiki>
 
   </nowiki>

Revision as of 22:08, 26 June 2019

Review

Decisions/Endorsements

Boat

Projects

Goals for Q2:

  • Organize meetups
  • Organize election
  • Organize Fundraiser(s)
  • Organize candidate trainings
  • Revise platform

Regional Meetings

Leader:

  • What to go over at Sunday's meeting?

Video Newsletter

Leader: Joseph

  • Next pirate news recording?

Democracy and Dogfood (Tech)

  • update civicrm software - Done
  • meeting scheduled July 13th, 11am-1pm, Arlington
  • update blog theme
  • find discussion/voting system
  • set up torrents for PirateCon videos (creynolds)
  • post remaining audio for PirateCon talks (srevilak)

Mesh Net

Leader: igel[m]

Cryptoparties

Set for June 26th.

Leader:

Update Platform

Tasks

Statement on Alabama/Ohio/Georgia Abortion ban bills/laws

Fight bills to make the Film Credit Permanent

HD388 would make the film tax credit permanent. It is supposed to expire in 2023. The bill has 100+ signatures this time around. There isn't a hearing date for it yet.

Action items:

  • Tell our supporters how to oppose it
  • Look out for a hearing date
  • If possible, reach out to other groups to organize a lobby day

National Platform reform/remake

Tabled Projects

These have been on our agenda for a long time. How do we make them a reality?

Boston Sex Worker Petition

Non-pirate guest speakers for Pirate News

CCTV camera map

Computer Donations

https://piratenpad.de/p/MassPiratesComputerDonations

Video Newsletter guest speakers

FOSS Tutorials

Worcester farm group is interested in having some FOSS tutorials. Perhaps:

  • how to do basic labels in GIMP,
  • work through a few sample spreadsheets related to seed cost and
  • similarly applicable real-world situations, depending on the needs of the group

Basically how to do graph design & product management with open source tools. Malt will put together a one paragraph description of what we need and we can mail it out to ask pirates to help.

Upcoming Events

  • 6/25, 6-9pm, Somerville Cryptoparty, The Sprouts
  • 6/30, 2pm-4pm, Leadership/Activist/Volunteer Meetup, Somerville
  • 7/1, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 7/8, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 7/13, 11am-1pm, Democracy and Dogfood (Tech) Meeting, Arlington
  • 7/15, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 7/22, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 7/29, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  •  ?, ?, Holyoke Pirate Meetup, Board Room, Holyoke Public Library, Holyoke

Participants

  • jokeefe
  • ChristineR
  • Pirate_Joe
  • srevilak

Observers

  • bonelesspepsi
  • davidd
  • hvxgr
  • hvxgr_
  • MikaelaSuomalainen
  • igel[m]

Summary

Minutes

 

[9:05pm] jokeefe: Agenda: https://masspirates.org/wiki/June_26th,_2019_IRC_Meeting
[9:05pm] jokeefe: ids
[9:05pm] jokeefe: James O’Keefe, Somerville
[9:05pm] Pirate_Joe: Joseph Onoroski, Lowell
[9:06pm] ChristineR: Christine (Christopher) Reynolds, Haverhill
[9:06pm] jokeefe: Anything to add?
[9:07pm] Pirate_Joe: Already added
[9:07pm] jokeefe: ok
[9:07pm] jokeefe: Review
[9:08pm] ChristineR: Nothing that I want to add
[9:08pm] jokeefe: Decisions/Endorsements
[9:08pm] jokeefe: Boat - Pirate_Joe?
[9:09pm] Pirate_Joe: So, I came across a good deal for a sailboat. I am happy to buy the boat for myself. That said, this would be an amazing symbol to our party.
[9:09pm] Pirate_Joe: I know how to fully repair it. Currently it is seaworthy but could use a bit of touching up.
[9:11pm] jokeefe: Would be a fun activity. We could certainly have a boat cruise fundraiser then.
[9:11pm] Pirate_Joe: New paint job, etc.
[9:11pm] Pirate_Joe: Total cost would be $700
[9:11pm] Pirate_Joe: I would be happy to make this my in-kind but then would have to receive $200 back.
[9:11pm] Pirate_Joe: When complete, we could use it as a strong fund-raising tool by giving out rides for donations.
[9:11pm] ChristineR: That's a great idea!
[9:12pm] Pirate_Joe: Plus having a yearly meeting on our own vessel would really mark us as true pirates. Arrrg
[9:13pm] jokeefe: Sounds fun. I suggest we talk about it on Sunday when more people can be involved.
[9:13pm] Pirate_Joe: Sounds good.
[9:14pm] Pirate_Joe: I am going to go see the person about the boat this Saturday.  I'll have more info Sunday.
[9:14pm] jokeefe: Great. I look forward to the pictures.
[9:15pm] jokeefe: Projects
[9:15pm] jokeefe: Regional Meetings
[9:15pm] jokeefe: No update on the Holyoke meeting.
[9:16pm] jokeefe: What should discuss at Sunday's meeting?
[9:16pm] ChristineR: I will be unable to attend Sunday's meeting unfortunately
[9:17pm] Pirate_Joe: O no!
jokeefe, who was keeping the log, was disconnected. This section was provided by ChristineR:

Pirate_Joe: I'm pretty sure we were going to focus on Platform 
ChristineR: I'm also in dire straits financially due to my medical issues 
Pirate_Joe: What time is the meeting again? 
ChristineR: so transportation is tough 
ChristineR: considering I don't drive :( 
Pirate_Joe: Do you need a ride? 
Pirate_Joe: Or would you still need a pass on it? 
ChristineR: that could work 

jokeefe, who was keeping the log, was reconnected

[9:19pm] Pirate_Joe: My car is not the nicest but it does the job.
[9:19pm] jokeefe_: Sorry. Network glitch
[9:19pm] ChristineR: no worries jamie
[9:19pm] ChristineR: you're in lowell, correct?
[9:19pm] ChristineR: I could probably get there
[9:19pm] ChristineR: via the bus
[9:19pm] ChristineR: that's only a $1 each ay
[9:19pm] ChristineR: way
[9:19pm] ChristineR: *
[9:20pm] Pirate_Joe: Umm, when is the meeting?
[9:20pm] jokeefe_: 2pm
[9:20pm] jokeefe left the chat room. (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
[9:20pm] You are now known as jokeefe.
[9:20pm] Pirate_Joe: Ok, I may be a bit late. I thought it was later.
[9:21pm] jokeefe: If Pirate_Joe cannot give you a ride, I could ChristineR.
[9:21pm] Pirate_Joe: If you could I may be less late 8D
[9:21pm] ChristineR: you sure?
[9:21pm] jokeefe: What city are you in?
[9:21pm] ChristineR: Where is the meeting anyways?
[9:21pm] ChristineR: I'm in Haverhill
[9:21pm] jokeefe: Somerville
[9:22pm] ChristineR: oh dang
[9:22pm] ChristineR: I kind of figured it was in the greater Boston area
[9:22pm] ChristineR: I'm a lot closer to Joe than I am to you
[9:23pm] ChristineR: Its up to you two
[9:23pm] ChristineR: any help would be much appreciated
[9:23pm] ChristineR:
[9:23pm] Pirate_Joe: I'll be happy to through you gas money Jamie 
[9:24pm] jokeefe: How about I pick you up and Joe drops you off?
[9:24pm] ChristineR: I wish I could contribute
[9:24pm] Pirate_Joe: That works!
[9:24pm] ChristineR: gas money
[9:24pm] ChristineR: sure!
[9:24pm] ChristineR: I literally have nothing to give financially
[9:25pm] jokeefe: no worries. Email me your address, ChristineR and I will plan to pick you up before 1pm.
[9:25pm] ChristineR: Okay thanks!
[9:25pm] jokeefe: Topics you want to discuss?
[9:26pm] srevilak joined the chat room.
[9:26pm] • srevilak waves hi
[9:26pm] jokeefe: Ahoy srevilak
[9:26pm] jokeefe: Topics you want to discuss at Sunday’s meeting?
[9:26pm] Pirate_Joe: Platform, I was hoping to focus on our foundation.
[9:26pm] ChristineR: Hey Steve!
[9:27pm] srevilak: Hi ChristineR
[9:27pm] Pirate_Joe: Ahoy srevilak
[9:27pm] srevilak: platform sounds like a fine topic
[9:28pm] srevilak: Though I might like to say a few words about p0wned telcos
[9:28pm] srevilak: https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/06/25/global_telcos_hacked/
[9:29pm] jokeefe: Yeah, that one was wild. They seem to happen every year or two
[9:30pm] ChristineR: Jamie, email sent
[9:30pm] srevilak: But in this case, the intruders really went out of their way to make themselves at home.  That's what impressed me
[9:31pm] jokeefe: thanks ChristineR
[9:31pm] jokeefe: ah. I thought it had been an error. Didn’t realize it was a hack.
[9:31pm] srevilak: 10:30 am on Sunday?
[9:31pm] jokeefe: No 2pm
[9:31pm] srevilak: kthx
[9:31pm] ChristineR: That's crazy
[9:32pm] jokeefe: Other topics for Sunday?
[9:33pm] ChristineR: Perhaps we should discuss in more detail, how we might be able to spark interest in people setting up local chapters again?
[9:33pm] Pirate_Joe: That is one we are talking about at the national level as well.
[9:34pm] jokeefe: Agreed
[9:34pm] ChristineR: This came up in a recent IRC here, a couple weeks back, but we weren't sure how to proceed. It might be easier to brainstorm in person
[9:34pm] Pirate_Joe: Sending photo's of boat now.
[9:35pm] jokeefe: agreed ChristineR
[9:35pm] jokeefe: Anything more to discuss on this topic?
[9:37pm] jokeefe: Moving on to Video Newsletter
[9:37pm] jokeefe: Record a brief one Sunday?
[9:38pm] jokeefe: in my back yard?
[9:38pm] Pirate_Joe: Or on a new boat, depending.
[9:38pm] jokeefe: Will you be parking it on my street? 
[9:38pm] jokeefe: my camera and srevilak’s microphone?
[9:39pm] Pirate_Joe: We could shortly, but I think we would quickly stop traffic.
[9:39pm] jokeefe: microphones
[9:39pm] Pirate_Joe: I sent the photos
[9:40pm] srevilak: Sounds like we're talking about pirate social.
[9:40pm] srevilak: Isn't that saturday, not Sunday?
[9:40pm] ChristineR:
[9:40pm] jokeefe: next in person recording then
[9:40pm] Pirate_Joe: So I am looking at a boat, happy to donate it to the party for what I am getting.
[9:41pm] Pirate_Joe: Yeah, we can do a recording so long as the weather holds.  Should I bring a popup tent?
[9:41pm] jokeefe: There was a mistake on my part, srevilak. Sunday was the day with the largest turn out.
[9:41pm] jokeefe: 2pm Sunday
[9:41pm] jokeefe: Sure, Pirate_Joe. Thanks
[9:41pm] srevilak: Ah, now I get it.
[9:41pm] srevilak: Will show up with microphones
[9:41pm] jokeefe: Thank you.
[9:42pm] Pirate_Joe: That's all I currently have.
[9:42pm] jokeefe: We can use the setup we used at the Boston meetup.
[9:43pm] jokeefe: ok, moving on to Democracy and Dogfood (Tech)
[9:43pm] jokeefe: No update at the moment
[9:44pm] jokeefe: igel[m] - any update on the Mesh Net?
[9:44pm] jokeefe: Cryptoparties - Small turnout at today’s meetup. Planning one for 7/31 in Somerville
[9:45pm] jokeefe: working on the topic
[9:45pm] jokeefe: and speaker
[9:45pm] jokeefe: That is all I have.
[9:45pm] ChristineR: I think I'm going to call it a night all. Feeling exhausted, I'm sorry
[9:46pm] jokeefe: I think we are at the end unless anyone else wants to add something
[9:46pm] ChristineR: oh oksy
[9:46pm] Pirate_Joe: Motion to adjourn
[9:46pm] srevilak: 2nd
[9:46pm] jokeefe: all in favor?
[9:46pm] Pirate_Joe: Aye
[9:46pm] ChristineR: Aye
[9:47pm] jokeefe: aye
[9:47pm] jokeefe: thanks all.
[9:47pm] Pirate_Joe: good night everyone!
[9:47pm] jokeefe: good night
[9:47pm] ChristineR: Have a good night
[9:47pm] Pirate_Joe left the chat room. (Quit: https://webchat.pirateirc.net/)
[9:47pm] jokeefe: hold on
[9:47pm] ChristineR: okay I'm still here
[9:47pm] srevilak: ok
[9:48pm] jokeefe: ChristineR, would you send me a copy of the meeting minutes I missed due to being disconnected
[9:48pm] jokeefe: ?
[9:48pm] jokeefe: or cut/paste here
[9:48pm] ChristineR: one sec
[9:49pm] jokeefe: I posted the minutes I have into the wiki page.
[9:49pm] jokeefe: srevilak, would you summarize?
[9:49pm] srevilak: ok