June 9th, 2021 IRC Meeting
- 1 Review
- 2 Decisions/Endorsements
- 3 Projects
- 4 Upcoming On-line Events
- 5 Participants
- 6 Summary
- 7 Minutes
Endorse Brianne Morrison
See https://www.briannemorrison.com/ for her platform. Election is Tuesday. If endorse could email supporters to help with standout before election on Tuesday.
What should we do next: https://github.com/masspirates/planks
Statement on Propublica Billionaire Report
- Next Pirate Moot: June 26th, 4-6pm
- Setup local video meetups by region with people who said they were interested in organizing a local chapter
- Organize candidate trainings
- Pirate news recording scheduled for Sundays, 7pm with go-live at 7:30pm. Unless changed
Trans Advocacy Telethon
Boston Pride Festival
While in-person events, including outdoor events, are on hold until COVID-19 numbers go down, we should plan for our table at the Boston Pride Festival. Festival is on hold, likely for the year.
- setup signup sheet
- Need to purchase insurance
- Need volunteer sign up form
- Tie to an activity, mapping the CCTV cameras in Boston or along the Pride parade route?
Other To Do
- Application to PPI
Upcoming On-line Events
- Every Tuesday, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, on-line
- Sat., 6/5, 11-1pm, Tech Meetup, on-line
- Sat., 6/26, ?pm, Pirate Moot, on-line
- jokeefe: James O’Keefe, Somerville
- srevilak: Steve Revilak, Arlington
- malt: sam capradae, worcester
Endorse Brianne Morrison. Unanimous vote in favor.
Platform. Discussion of a "secure livelihood" plank. Draft below, further edits at https://etherpad.pp-international.net/p/MAPPSecureLivelihood.
- Every person has the right to a secure livelihood and social participation.
- People can only live in dignity if their basic needs are met and their social participation is assured. A universal basic income, in addition to robust social services, and a job guarantee, will allow everyone to more fully participate in civic life. As a person's value is not dependent upon their ability to produce wealth for others, it is important that society protects those whom capitalism would leave to starve and empower them to live full, robust lives.
- Just as we provide schools, roads and firefighters without direct compensation, a secure livelihood must also become a part of our infrastructure. The Pirate Party is convinced that the overwhelming majority of people will seize the chances provided by a secure livelihood to develop their full human, social, and economic potential.
- A secure livelihood creates room for self-determined education, research and economic innovation. It enables volunteerism such as taking care of family and neighbors, independent journalism, political activity, or the creation of art and free (open-source) software. This benefits our entire society. Study after study has shown that guaranteed incomes increase employment across the board.
- This is why the Pirate Party supports solutions which unconditionally guarantee a secure livelihood and social participation while sustaining and enabling economic freedom. Poverty is the root of all social ills, but we can defeat it together.
New plan unanimously adopted.
Pirate News recording will be Sunday, 7:30pm