Difference between revisions of "March 20th, 2019 IRC Meeting"

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Line 196: Line 196:
 
[9:43pm] jokeefe: Thanks so much!
 
[9:43pm] jokeefe: Thanks so much!
 
[9:43pm] jokeefe: Shall we adjourn, then?
 
[9:43pm] jokeefe: Shall we adjourn, then?
 +
[9:44pm] Pirate_Joe: That link can get us 10 person meeting room for $100
 +
[9:44pm] Pirate_Joe: Is a cost but a small one.
 +
[9:44pm] jokeefe: Something to consider
 +
[9:45pm] Malt: 2nd
 +
[9:45pm] jokeefe: all in favor?
 +
[9:45pm] Pirate_Joe: Aye
  
 
   </nowiki>
 
   </nowiki>

Revision as of 21:45, 20 March 2019

Review

Decisions/Endorsements

Projects

Goals for Q1:

  • Organize meetups
  • Organize Fundraiser(s)
  • Organize candidate trainings
  • Revise platform

Regional Meetings

Video Newsletter

Officer/Pirate Council Elections

Dates:

  • Nominations open when we announce and post the form (before 2/20).
  • Nominations due by 4/8
  • Ballots sent out by 4/12
  • Ballot due by 4/23

Mesh Net

Cryptoparties

Boston Sex Worker Petition

Tech/Outreach

  • find discussion/voting system
  • update blog theme
  • update civicrm software
  • set up torrents for PirateCon videos (creynolds)
  • post remaining audio for PirateCon talks (srevilak)

Post individual autonomy plank

Election Campaigns

Bills to make the Film Credit Permanent

HD388 would make the film tax credit permanent. It is supposed to expire in 2023. The bill has 100+ signatures this time around.

There isn't a hearing date for it yet, but suggest that we be active in opposing this bill.

Action items:

  • Tell our supporters how to oppose it
  • Look out for a hearing date
  • If possible, reach out to other groups to organize a lobby day

Update Platform

CCTV camera map

Other To Dos

These have been on our agenda for a long time. How do we make them a reality?

Computer Donations

On hold - https://piratenpad.de/p/MassPiratesComputerDonations

FOSS Tutorials

Worcester farm group is interested in having some FOSS tutorials. Perhaps:

  • how to do basic labels in GIMP,
  • work through a few sample spreadsheets related to seed cost and
  • similarly applicable real-world situations, depending on the needs of the group

Basically how to do graph design & product management with open source tools. Malt will put together a one paragraph description of what we need and we can mail it out to ask pirates to help.

Upcoming Events

  • 3/23, 2pm-4:45pm, Lowell-area Pirate Meetup, Pollard Memorial Library, 401 Merrimack St, Lowell
  • 3/26, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Industry Lab, 288 Norfolk St, Cambridge
  • 4/2, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Industry Lab, 288 Norfolk St, Cambridge
  • 4/9, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • late April?, Worcester-area Pirate Meetup, Worcester
  • 5/18, 10:30am-1:45pm, Somerville-area Pirate Meetup, Somerville Public Library, Somerville
  • late June, Holyoke Pirate Meetup, Holyoke

Participants

Observers

  • ChanServ
  • idel[m]
  • hvxgr_
  • davidd
  • Mikaela_Suomalainen
  • bonelesspepsi[m]

Summary

Minutes

 


[9:04pm] jokeefe: Agenda: https://masspirates.org/wiki/March_20th,_2019_IRC_Meeting
[9:04pm] jokeefe: ids: James O’Keefe
[9:04pm] jokeefe: James O’Keefe, Somerville
[9:04pm] Pirate_Joe: Joseph Onoroski, Lowell
[9:04pm] jokeefe: Anything to add?
[9:04pm] Pirate_Joe: Nothing much, just things about the Lowell regional
[9:04pm] jokeefe: ok
[9:05pm] jokeefe: Projects
[9:05pm] jokeefe: Regional Meetings
[9:05pm] Pirate_Joe: No Malt?
[9:07pm] jokeefe: Might be late
[9:07pm] jokeefe: I’ll send out an email tomorrow with a reminder about the Lowell meeting
[9:08pm] Pirate_Joe: I am sorry for not sending out an email to the local people here
[9:08pm] Malt joined the chat room.
[9:08pm] jokeefe: Might try txting people.
[9:08pm] Pirate_Joe: A wild Malt appears!
[9:08pm] jokeefe: As a follow up to the email.
[9:09pm] Malt: Hi pals
[9:09pm] Malt: Samcapradae Worcester
[9:09pm] Pirate_Joe: Ahoy Malt!
[9:10pm] jokeefe: ahoy
[9:10pm] jokeefe: Agenda: https://masspirates.org/wiki/March_20th,_2019_IRC_Meeting
[9:11pm] jokeefe: Discussing the Regional Meetings
[9:11pm] jokeefe: Any word on when the Worcester one will be?
[9:14pm] jokeefe: Malt?
[9:14pm] Malt: I have the forms I just haven't filled them out yet
[9:15pm] jokeefe: Do you have a date?
[9:16pm] Malt: Late April
[9:16pm] Malt: Not yet
[9:17pm] jokeefe: ok, thanks
[9:17pm] Malt: April 27
[9:17pm] jokeefe: Cool. Thanks. Haven’t heard from Holyoke yet. Will check this week.
[9:18pm] jokeefe: Video Newsletter - When should we record the next one?
[9:18pm] Pirate_Joe: I have been a little tied up this week. We are moving an airport
[9:18pm] jokeefe: wow
[9:18pm] Pirate_Joe: Happens
[9:19pm] jokeefe: Record a short segment at the lowell meetup?
[9:19pm] Pirate_Joe: So, I think I will have time Friday night
[9:20pm] Pirate_Joe: Plus we can record one on Saturday again, this time bringing addition webcams.  Also, I found a GoPro so that may be a thing.
[9:21pm] jokeefe: Not sure about Friday. What time?
[9:21pm] Pirate_Joe: It would have to be after 6:30
[9:22pm] jokeefe: certainly
[9:22pm] jokeefe: What about you Malt?
[9:23pm] Malt: H mmmm
[9:23pm] Malt: Nothing springs to mind
[9:23pm] Malt: 639 should be fine
[9:24pm] jokeefe: 7pm?
[9:24pm] Pirate_Joe: Sounds good, less down to the wire for me
[9:24pm] Malt: Ok
[9:26pm] jokeefe: Sounds good. Thanks.
[9:27pm] jokeefe: Officer/Pirate Council Elections - Sending out a reminder in the next email
[9:27pm] Pirate_Joe: Going back to the regional briefly?
[9:27pm] jokeefe: sure
[9:27pm] Malt: ?
[9:28pm] Pirate_Joe: I visited our local election office and spoke with the person in charge
[9:28pm] Pirate_Joe: She stated she is always looking for help during elections and it's a paying job
[9:29pm] Pirate_Joe: As well as reviewed the laws for running in Lowell so we have that available for anyone who comes.
[9:29pm] Pirate_Joe: Thank you, that's all I had on that for now.
[9:29pm] jokeefe: Cool, poll workers are a paid job, but I think it is about 10-11 hours of work. At least it is in Somerville
[9:30pm] Pirate_Joe: I think it's the same here as well
[9:31pm] jokeefe: Mesh Net - They are testing software to run a secure network over the network
[9:31pm] jokeefe: They are looking for a new hosting space.
[9:31pm] jokeefe: meeting space
[9:32pm] jokeefe: I could bring an example router to the Lowell meetup
[9:32pm] Pirate_Joe: Any particular area they would prefer to meet up?
[9:32pm] Pirate_Joe: That would be great
[9:32pm] jokeefe: Boston/Cambridge
[9:35pm] jokeefe: Cryptoparties - helped with a cryptoparty at BC Law School. Working on one for Boston Public Library Teen Center in early May and a securing your app training on 4/30
[9:35pm] Pirate_Joe: Working on something for a possible meshnet meeting place.
[9:36pm] jokeefe: that would be great for a how-to
[9:37pm] jokeefe: Boston Sex Worker Petition - we reached 150 signatures
[9:37pm] Pirate_Joe: Woot!
[9:38pm] Malt: Rad
[9:38pm] jokeefe: That is all I have for updates. It has been a busy week.
[9:38pm] Pirate_Joe: I could check with the Masonic hall in Cambridge for rates, that would be the best bet but might be a bit to large for our needs
[9:39pm] jokeefe: Will suggest it
[9:39pm] Pirate_Joe: Still, if we had their backing for that project then maybe they would fund/spread it
[9:40pm] jokeefe: That would be helpful
[9:40pm] jokeefe: Anything else to add?
[9:41pm] Pirate_Joe: I could continue to search for other meeting spaces, I have a few tricks I could try
[9:41pm] jokeefe: Thank you
[9:42pm] Pirate_Joe: That's all I have currently
[9:42pm] jokeefe: Anything from you, Malt?
[9:42pm] Malt: I an all set
[9:43pm] Pirate_Joe: https://www.workbar.com/location/cambridge/
[9:43pm] jokeefe: thanks
[9:43pm] Malt: I will email the form once completed
[9:43pm] jokeefe: Thanks so much!
[9:43pm] jokeefe: Shall we adjourn, then?
[9:44pm] Pirate_Joe: That link can get us 10 person meeting room for $100
[9:44pm] Pirate_Joe: Is a cost but a small one.
[9:44pm] jokeefe: Something to consider
[9:45pm] Malt: 2nd
[9:45pm] jokeefe: all in favor?
[9:45pm] Pirate_Joe: Aye