March 27th, 2014 IRC Meeting

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Revision as of 22:43, 1 February 2018 by Jokeefe (talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigationJump to search


  1. Plan for 5/9 Fundraiser
    1. Performers
    2. DJ
    3. Logistics
    4. pad
  2. Events to organize?
    1. April 19, Stop TTIP Protest - Seems to be mostly Germany & Poland
  3. Events to attend?
    1. March Against Monsanto, Boston (Bluestreak, you got this?)


  1. 2014 Campaign
    1. Status - 2 candidates gathering signatures
  2. Tech Issues
    1. CiviCRM - Jamie recommends we get a version of this setup for us and point at it.
    2. BitPay
    3. Voter registration app
  3. Support, Outreach & Finances
    1. Finance update
    2. Event checklist


  1. April 12th PAX Cryptoparty
  2. April 26th, noon, Jobs Not Jails: Rally to End Mass Incarceration and Fund Job Creation, Boston Common
  3. May 9-10, Security Bsides Boston, Calling for papers
  4. May 17th Together Boston Festival
  5. May 18th Together Boston Cryptoparty, General Assembly, Boston
    1. Looking for hands on trainers
  6. May 24th Boston Security Conference - James speaking at it
  7. May 24th, March Against Monsanto, Boston
  8. September 2014 Conference - Need location & date before May 9th


  • srevilak (Steve Revilak, Arlington, MA)
  • Lulu (Lucia Fiero)
  • jokeefe (James O'Keefe, Somerville)
  • davidd
  • ANONinMass
  • Garret
  • noe
  • Kendra
  • Joe


  • ageis
  • zby


5/19 Fundraiser. Narrowing down the list of potential performers.

TTIP protest. We decide not to organize a local event. We'd rather focus on gathering signatures for our two candidates.

March against Monsanto. Bluestreak to bottom-line pirate presence.

PAX Cryptoparty will be informal. jokeefe will put out a call for pirates to attend.

Jobs Not Jails rally. srevilak will bottom-line pirate presence.

Noe signature gathering on Sunday 3/30, 11-13:00, Ball Square. Joe and Bluestreak signature gathering on Saturday.

Meeting Minutes


[9:03pm] jokeefe: agenda -,_2014_IRC_Meeting [9:03pm] davidd: keep it up folks, have a pleasant one [9:03pm] Lulu: Sleep tight! [9:03pm] jokeefe: you two davidd, gotta ? for you [9:03pm] jokeefe: NL Pirates participating in the 4/19 TTIP protests? [9:04pm] jokeefe: meanwhile at the meeting - Decisions [9:04pm] jokeefe: ooops ids - James O'Keefe, Somerville [9:04pm] Lulu: Lucia Fiero [9:04pm] srevilak: Steve Revilak, Arlington, MA [9:05pm] jokeefe: Plan for 5/9 Fundraiser - any update? [9:05pm] Lulu: Noe and Joe may come too... late [9:05pm] jokeefe: hopefully [9:05pm] srevilak: no 5/9 update from me, sorry [9:06pm] Lulu: I can't remember what the last thing I reported was! [9:06pm] Lulu: No Kendra... [9:06pm] Lulu: OK to enlist Sarah? [9:06pm] srevilak: Lulu: sure [9:06pm] Lulu: Also, the light photo guy has not got back to me. [9:06pm] Lulu: Capioera group still very interested [9:07pm] jokeefe: I emailed step about his DJ friend. cc'd you [9:07pm] jokeefe: any further on logistics? [9:08pm] Lulu: We need to write a proposal. I will start it and invite folks to edit it. [9:08pm] Lulu: For the Cap group. [9:08pm] jokeefe: k [9:09pm] Lulu: If we have Chance, Cap, Mark and Light photo guy, I think that will cover it. [9:09pm] Lulu: I will ask Sarah C if we can use the Library for the photos [9:09pm] Lulu: BUT [9:09pm] Lulu: Jason and I are doing NOTHING Pirate this weekend except collecting sigs. [9:10pm] jokeefe: What about the other bands who were interested such as the one Kendra recommended? [9:10pm] jokeefe: a good idea [9:10pm] Lulu: I will update the Berklee post [9:10pm] Lulu: with our new date. [9:10pm] Lulu: And tell the acts we like about the change. They may have other bookings [9:10pm] jokeefe: could just email the folks who contacted us [9:11pm] jokeefe: ok, thanks [9:11pm] Lulu: I'll do both if I can find the time. [9:11pm] Lulu: Certainly after the weekend. [9:11pm] jokeefe: Monday? [9:11pm] jokeefe: I can email the bands if you want [9:11pm] Lulu: Duh [9:12pm] Lulu: COULD YOU? [9:12pm] Lulu: Jason is only home for the weekend this week [9:12pm] Lulu: *does little dance of thankfulness* [9:13pm] jokeefe: ok, will find contact info send for review and then email them. [9:13pm] jokeefe: Next - Events to organize? - Stop TTIP Protest [9:13pm] srevilak: I like the idea of doing protest + campaigning [9:13pm] jokeefe: I recommend against this since we may still have to gather sigs and there is much to do [9:14pm] Lulu: Jason and I are in total agreement: Getting the kids on the ballot has to be priority #1 [9:14pm] srevilak: In that case, could use TTIP as a talking point while signature gathering [9:15pm] jokeefe: of course [9:15pm] jokeefe: agreed to not do it? [9:15pm] srevilak: agreed [9:15pm] jokeefe: or I should say not organize it? [9:15pm] Lulu: IDK one sec [9:16pm] Lulu: Garret is loggin on [9:16pm] Lulu: maybe he is interested [9:16pm] jokeefe: well that could change things [9:16pm] ANONinMASS joined the chat room. [9:16pm] jokeefe: ++bandwidth [9:16pm] Garret joined the chat room. [9:16pm] jokeefe: hey ANONinMass & Garret [9:16pm] ANONinMASS: hello guys! [9:16pm] Lulu: Hi Bry [9:16pm] Garret: hi! i remembered! [9:16pm] Garret: [9:16pm] Lulu: LOL [9:17pm] Garret: yay memory. *cough* anyways... [9:17pm] • srevilak waves to ANONinMASS and Garret [9:17pm] Lulu: So the question on the table: [9:17pm] ANONinMASS: hey Steve! [9:17pm] Lulu: jokeefe sir? [9:17pm] Garret: (there's a table?) [9:17pm] jokeefe: Euro Pirates organizing anti-TTIP protest on Sat. 4/19 [9:17pm] srevilak: [9:17pm] jokeefe: you folks interested in organizing such an event? [9:18pm] Lulu: I am, but if Joe doesn't have his sigs yet I may not attend! [9:18pm] Lulu: LOL [9:18pm] Garret: that's the free trade thingy? [9:18pm] Lulu: BUT... sig could be collected for Noe at it [9:18pm] jokeefe: Alternatively, you two want to run as Pirates in the Nov. election? [9:18pm] Lulu: Nafta on steroids [9:18pm] jokeefe: aye! tis [9:18pm] Lulu: Getting all up in your IP bidness [9:19pm] jokeefe: corp. rights > people rights [9:19pm] Lulu: Garret has forsworn candidacy but... [9:19pm] Garret: hmm.. i'll rage against some free trade [9:19pm] jokeefe: we are focusing on getting candidates on ballot got til 4/29 [9:19pm] Lulu: Would you like to run Bry? [9:19pm] Garret: i'm no candidate, i'm not nice enough and don't play well with others. [9:20pm] Lulu: I have to agree. But we still love you! [9:20pm] jokeefe: arrr be the truth of a sort [9:20pm] ANONinMASS: no thanks, not sure im quite ready for that step [9:20pm] Lulu: Sure you are! [9:20pm] Garret: Bry's a nice guy [9:20pm] Garret: lol [9:20pm] jokeefe: he is. so corp. free trade protest - want to organize? [9:20pm] ANONinMASS: u gtuys havent seen me mad lol [9:20pm] Lulu: Well, you are more than capable, but if you aren't willing... I understand. [9:21pm] Lulu: OK so FB page/blog post [9:21pm] Lulu: act-ma [9:21pm] Lulu: Where? park Street? [9:22pm] jokeefe: BTW: agenda at,_2014_IRC_Meeting [9:22pm] Garret: Saturday... Park St is a decent spot for a Sat [9:22pm] Garret: i don't want to organize, no. i'm actually heavily engaged in two other projects as we speak....... [9:23pm] Garret: i'll lend myself to the cause, but i can't organize [9:24pm] Lulu: ANONinMASS can you? [9:24pm] Lulu: Organize? [9:24pm] jokeefe: why don't we do this. lets put out a call to see who wants to run with it, and see who is willing. if no one interested, then it doesn't get done. [9:24pm] ANONinMASS: i cant even make it to boston righht now. the blue beast is almost K.I.A. [9:24pm] jokeefe: sorry man [9:24pm] ANONinMASS: the kingpins are shot and limits me to my area [9:25pm] srevilak: I'm happy to stand around park street with a sign saying "Stop TTIP, Vote Pirate" [9:25pm] jokeefe: right, getting more out is what helps and we got sigs to get [9:26pm] jokeefe: calling it - not enough interest. moving on [9:26pm] jokeefe: March Against Monsanto, Boston (Lulu, you got this?) [9:26pm] Lulu: Yes. [9:27pm] Lulu: Again, I will start putting it together after the weekend. [9:27pm] Lulu: I don't think I have act-ma posting privileges though [9:27pm] jokeefe: thank you. [9:27pm] Lulu: MAM is big and important. [9:28pm] Lulu: Gotta get people out there. [9:28pm] jokeefe: we can talk about act-ma offline [9:28pm] jokeefe: aye [9:28pm] Lulu: Hopefully it won't rain! [9:28pm] ANONinMASS: I will help spread the word about MAM [9:28pm] jokeefe: thanks [9:28pm] Garret: The MAM will populate itself, more or less [9:28pm] ANONinMASS: anything I can do creating flyers and such [9:28pm] Garret: just a matter of making sure people know something will happen [9:28pm] Lulu: I will ping you when blog and eco med is ready ANONinMASS [9:29pm] jokeefe: I think we are set for April 12th PAX Cryptoparty since it is informal - will put a call out for it along with the one on 5/18 [9:29pm] Lulu: You too G [9:29pm] Lulu: I won't have time to organize any of it, but I will be a passive supporter. [9:29pm] jokeefe: Garret you should come to that event [9:29pm] Lulu: AJ drags me all over Pax until I cry [9:29pm] Lulu: Yes, G, you can get in free. [9:29pm] Garret: meh [9:29pm] ANONinMASS: ^ lol [9:30pm] Lulu: Just saying [9:30pm] noe joined the chat room. [9:30pm] jokeefe: hi noe [9:30pm] jokeefe: anyone going to Jobs Not Jails: Rally to End Mass Incarceration and Fund Job Creation? [9:30pm] srevilak: I'm going to JNJ [9:30pm] jokeefe: agenda at,_2014_IRC_Meeting [9:31pm] noe: hi jamie, hi all! [9:31pm] srevilak: I'll bottom-line JNJ participation [9:31pm] jokeefe: brb - Lulu you have the wheel [9:31pm] Garret: first i've heard of JNJ [9:32pm] Lulu_ joined the chat room. [9:32pm] srevilak: Garret: [9:32pm] Lulu_: My Mac is acting up, imagine that. [9:33pm] Garret: maybe [9:33pm] Garret: if i'm free, i'll show up [9:33pm] srevilak: thx Garret [9:33pm] noe: if i'm free, i'll also go [9:33pm] Lulu_: Hi there! [9:33pm] noe: april 26 seems so far away [9:33pm] Lulu_: It's my berfday [9:34pm] Lulu_: [9:34pm] srevilak: noe: signature gathering on Sunday? [9:34pm] Lulu left the chat room. (Ping timeout: 264 seconds) [9:35pm] noe: srevilak: signature gathering Sunday 3/30 11am-1pm Ball Square [9:35pm] srevilak: noe: will be there [9:36pm] Lulu_: GL you guys [9:36pm] Kendra joined the chat room. [9:36pm] Garret: i workin sundays [9:36pm] noe: Lulu_: ! Hi maybe we should have bday cake on the common with you at JNJ? [9:37pm] Lulu_: Aw, you're sweet! [9:38pm] Lulu_: Akshlly I'll bring the cake [9:38pm] Lulu_: To thank ppl for coming out [9:38pm] noe: Garret: is cool, i've been doing classes on Saturdays and have been missing those events [9:39pm] srevilak: Lulu_: talked to joe a few days ago, and offered to help with signatures. off-line, send me some dates when you'll be gathering [9:39pm] Lulu_: I will tell you now we want to go out Sat [9:39pm] Lulu_: Come out to Bellingham? [9:39pm] Lulu_: I will email you [9:39pm] Lulu_: And thanks [9:39pm] srevilak: Happy to head out to Bellingham. Tied up on Sat from 11:00 - 13:00 [9:40pm] Lulu_: OK well we will play it by ear! [9:40pm] Lulu_: You might have to (gasp) keep your phone on! [9:41pm] noe: srevilak: how is joe's signature getting going? [9:41pm] • srevilak defers joe signature question to Lulu_ [9:41pm] jokeefe: hi noe & Kendra [9:42pm] Lulu_: Not well. [9:42pm] Lulu_: Not many. [9:42pm] jokeefe: so did we endorse JNJ? [9:42pm] noe: Lulu_: sad to hear it. [9:42pm] Lulu_: Took Joe to a hyperlocal event Friday, but most ppl there were from Franklin. [9:42pm] Lulu_: Need to get out to Blackstone spring clean up or comething [9:42pm] noe: Lulu_: I would be up for helping Joe with door to doors after my signatures are gotten [9:43pm] srevilak: jokeefe: IIRC, we endoresed JNJ a few meetings ago. I'll bottom-line pirate involvement [9:43pm] Kendra: Hi, Kendra Moyer, currently in Highland Park, Michigan [9:43pm] Lulu_: HI K [9:43pm] • srevilak waves to Kendra [9:43pm] jokeefe: thanks for clarifying, srevilak [9:43pm] Lulu_: Thanks Noe! [9:44pm] jokeefe: I say just keep plugging at it. A bit here and there adds up. [9:45pm] srevilak: Lulu_: five signatures a day, and you'll be good to go [9:45pm] jokeefe: aye [9:45pm] noe: Lulu_: yup, I've gone to events and gotten zilch, but sometimes you get lucky [9:45pm] noe: jokeefe: I'm getting union signatures this week and next week [9:46pm] Kendra: I hear the super markets are a good spot [9:46pm] Lulu_: I would go out tomorrow but I have a funeral 2 hours away. [9:46pm] jokeefe: dumps and recycling centers too [9:46pm] Lulu_: Dump! yes good advice [9:46pm] Joe joined the chat room. [9:46pm] Lulu_: Speak of the devil! [9:46pm] Joe: Hello everyone [9:46pm] noe: Hi Joe! [9:46pm] Joe: Just got home from work [9:47pm] Lulu_: We are signature stratergizin' [9:47pm] jokeefe: hi Joe [9:47pm] Joe: Hi Noe, Jokeefe, Lulu [9:47pm] Joe: Stratergizing is good [9:47pm] Joe: I planned to walk my neighborhood saturday [9:47pm] jokeefe: Just keep gathering, just keep gathering … to spoof on pixar [9:48pm] Joe: haha [9:48pm] jokeefe: great. [9:48pm] srevilak: Joe: 5 signatures/day, and you're in [9:48pm] jokeefe: get friends/family you can give sheets to and have them get sigs from their friends/family [9:49pm] jokeefe: doesn't have to be strangers [9:49pm] Joe: Where can I get more sheets? [9:49pm] Lulu_: Ashland town hall [9:49pm] Joe: Damn you Ashland [9:49pm] Lulu_: closest place [9:49pm] Lulu_: LOL [9:49pm] Lulu_: closes at 1 on Fri [9:49pm] Joe: That won't be bad, I can try to take a ride tomorrow before they close [9:49pm] Lulu_: Cant do it for you tomorrow [9:49pm] jokeefe: Save at least one in case you need to photo copy them. [9:49pm] noe: Is it possible for someone to get sheets and pass them to Joe or Lulu_? [9:50pm] noe: (or is this one of those things that require campaigner or manager?) [9:50pm] jokeefe: from elections division? [9:50pm] Joe: It would probably be easier for me to just get them since I think Ashland is a midpoint for us [9:50pm] Lulu_: Elec div has branches [9:50pm] noe: OK [9:50pm] Lulu_: One is at Ashland town clerk. [9:51pm] Lulu_: Her name is Tara M. Ward. [9:51pm] Lulu_: She's lovely and helpful [9:52pm] srevilak: Didn't realize Bellingham was right on RI border,_Massachusetts [9:53pm] Lulu_: Well the rest of our year will be greatly affected by whether or not we get you kids on the ballot. [9:53pm] Lulu_: Yes but Bellingham is LONG [9:53pm] noe: I think we can do it! [9:53pm] Lulu_: i do too! [9:53pm] noe: Here in Somerville, we've been sticking to patrolling the Squares on the weekends. [9:53pm] noe: I've gotten friends and family to take sheets around, but I've also been asking coworkers who live in the area. [9:54pm] Joe: yeah bellingham is on the RI border and acts as a hub of the surrounding towns since we are off of 495 [9:54pm] Joe: Bellingham is also a very long town and not very wide [9:54pm] Joe: I think we touch like 6-7 towns [9:55pm] noe: Joe: Do you think a team of 6 could do the whole area door-to-door in about four days? [9:55pm] noe: (by do, I mean, ask for signatures) [9:55pm] Lulu_: OH! [9:55pm] Joe: That's a good question [9:55pm] Lulu_: I am friends with a cop who lives in Blackstone. [9:55pm] Lulu_: He is going to sign [9:56pm] Lulu_: I will see him Sunday [9:56pm] Lulu_: And I *think* he will vouch for us in his neighborhood, though he hasn't replied yet. [9:56pm] Joe: I think we could cover the majority of bellingham [9:56pm] noe: I think teams of two are best at keeping volunteers motivated and not arm-twisty with too many items [9:56pm] jokeefe: srevilak, how long would it take you to get CiviCRM up on our site? [9:56pm] jokeefe: agreed, noe [9:56pm] srevilak: jokeefe: depends on what you've got in mind as a use case [9:57pm] srevilak: we can do events, mailing campaigns, etc [9:57pm] Lulu_: Funny story, the cop asked me if he could sign on line... Um no... we still do these things the 18th century way... [9:57pm] srevilak: pick a use case and I will work on it [9:57pm] jokeefe: all [9:58pm] jokeefe: events and mailing campaigns and sign up sheets are probably the big ones [9:58pm] Lulu_: Oh we need to vote on a thing: [9:58pm] srevilak: jokeefe: ok, will start with events [9:58pm] Joe: I can look at a map and easily show people where to go. Bellingham is kind of split into little sections [9:58pm] Lulu_: I offered MPP to be the transeree of a domain name the USPP wants [9:58pm] jokeefe: well, if we get the sign up done, we can use for bit coin donations [9:59pm] Lulu_: I changed the subject because we are reaching time [9:59pm] Joe: I was thinking of doing an event at the common on the weekend where I can answer peoples questions and have people sign the papers. Not sure how good of an idea that is [9:59pm] Lulu_: There needs to be an event AT the common in these small bucolic towns [9:59pm] jokeefe: anything to get attention, but the aim is to get signatures the fastest way possible [9:59pm] Joe: You just taught me the word bucolic [9:59pm] jokeefe: well … almost anything [10:00pm] noe: Joe: I think that sounds like a good idea, but may want signage or other volunteers to siphon people to you [10:00pm] jokeefe: ++ [10:00pm] Lulu_: So OK can I have a few minutes for a vote on the domain issue? [10:00pm] Joe: Thanks noe, thats a good idea [10:00pm] srevilak: For reference on Lulu_'s issue, see, around 21:44 [10:00pm] Lulu_: TY srevilak [10:01pm] srevilak: Though I assume they're talking about, as opposed to [10:01pm] Lulu_: lol [10:02pm] Lulu_: Chris sheats has the domain now, willing to transfer. [10:02pm] jokeefe: not sure if any expenses for the domain are MAPP expenses per OCPF since it isn't Mass. Pirate Party [10:02pm] jokeefe: srevilak [10:02pm] jokeefe: ? [10:02pm] srevilak: If anything else, I think this would be in-kind to USPP [10:03pm] Lulu_: "I'd be happy to work with you to get transferred to a Pirate Party organization that is legally recognized in any US state that works with the PNC. Or is the PNC a legal org again? Please let me know." [10:03pm] Lulu_: So can I go ahead with the transfer? [10:03pm] jokeefe: Well, I guess it could be done in trust or some such. [10:03pm] jokeefe: sure, lets get that settled. [10:03pm] Lulu_: There should be no cost. LAB says it's paid for until 2020 [10:04pm] jokeefe: there is always a cost to xfr, I believe, but it is small [10:04pm] Lulu_: (I think that's what she said) [10:04pm] Lulu_: I'll pay it. [10:04pm] jokeefe: easy peasy [10:04pm] Lulu_: lemon squeezy [10:04pm] jokeefe: lol [10:04pm] Lulu_: lol [10:05pm] Lulu_: So we are past time [10:05pm] srevilak: Motion to adjourn [10:06pm] Lulu_: 2nd [10:06pm] Kendra: nite all, keep up the good work [10:06pm] Lulu_: Good meeting ppl thank you for attending [10:06pm] Kendra left the chat room. (Quit: Web client closed) [10:06pm] noe: nite nite! [10:06pm] ANONinMASS: gnight [10:06pm] Joe: goodnight everyone [10:06pm] noe left the chat room. (Quit: Web client closed) [10:06pm] Lulu_: Will miss you guys this weekend! [10:06pm] ANONinMASS left the chat room. (Quit: Web client closed) [10:06pm] jokeefe: night all [10:06pm] Lulu_: G'night