Difference between revisions of "March 6th, 2019 IRC Meeting"

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search
Line 223: Line 223:
 
[9:51pm] jokeefe: Working to promote it
 
[9:51pm] jokeefe: Working to promote it
 
[9:52pm] jokeefe: Tech/Outreach - working on the next meeting. Hopefully March 17/18
 
[9:52pm] jokeefe: Tech/Outreach - working on the next meeting. Hopefully March 17/18
 +
[9:53pm] igel[m]: ya we need to find voting solutionware
 +
[9:54pm] jokeefe: Yeah. Something for discussion and decision making
 +
[9:54pm] Malt: We could use a Google fo- oh right no
 +
[9:54pm] jokeefe: lol
 +
[9:54pm] jokeefe: igel[m] - any more updates on Mass Mesh Net?
 +
[9:56pm] Malt left the chat room. (Quit: https://webchat.pirateirc.net/)
 +
[9:57pm] Malt joined the chat room.
 +
[9:57pm] jokeefe: ahoy
 +
[9:57pm] igel[m]: still plugging away
 +
[9:57pm] jokeefe: good to hear
 +
[9:58pm] jokeefe: well if nothing more, suggest we adjourn
 +
[9:58pm] igel[m]: new faster prototype in testing this weekend well see
 +
[9:58pm] jokeefe: cool. I should check for updates.
 +
[9:58pm] Malt left the chat room. (Client Quit)
 +
[9:59pm] jokeefe: shall we adjourn then?
 +
[9:59pm] Pirate_Joe: What about the plank?
 +
[9:59pm] igel[m]: sbout it..
 +
[9:59pm] Pirate_Joe: Post individual autonomy plank
 +
[9:59pm] jokeefe: I need to post it.
 +
[9:59pm] jokeefe: It is my reminder that I need to do that.
 +
[10:00pm] Pirate_Joe: I was so confused.
 +
[10:00pm] Pirate_Joe: But that is a me problem, not a you problem
 +
[10:00pm] jokeefe: I’ll get it up in a day or so
 +
[10:00pm] Pirate_Joe: I second to adjourn
 +
[10:01pm] jokeefe: all in favor?
 +
[10:01pm] Pirate_Joe: Aye
 +
[10:01pm] jokeefe: aye
  
  
 
   </nowiki>
 
   </nowiki>

Revision as of 23:01, 6 March 2019

Review

Decisions/Endorsements

Projects

Goals for Q1:

  • Organize meetups
  • Organize Fundraiser(s)
  • Organize candidate trainings
  • Revise platform

Regional Meetings

Video Newsletter

Officer/Pirate Council Elections

Dates:

  • Nominations open when we announce and post the form (before 2/20).
  • Nominations due by 4/8
  • Ballots sent out by 4/12
  • Ballot due by 4/23

Boston Sex Worker Petition

Tech/Outreach

  • find discussion/voting system
  • update blog theme
  • update civicrm software
  • set up torrents for PirateCon videos (creynolds)
  • post remaining audio for PirateCon talks (srevilak)

Post individual autonomy plank

Mesh Net

Cryptoparties

Election Campaigns

Bills to make the Film Credit Permanent

HD388 would make the film tax credit permanent. It is supposed to expire in 2023. The bill has 100+ signatures this time around.

There isn't a hearing date for it yet, but suggest that we be active in opposing this bill.

Action items:

  • Tell our supporters how to oppose it
  • Look out for a hearing date
  • If possible, reach out to other groups to organize a lobby day

Update Platform

CCTV camera map

Other To Dos

These have been on our agenda for a long time. How do we make them a reality?

Computer Donations

On hold - https://piratenpad.de/p/MassPiratesComputerDonations

FOSS Tutorials

Worcester farm group is interested in having some FOSS tutorials. Perhaps:

  • how to do basic labels in GIMP,
  • work through a few sample spreadsheets related to seed cost and
  • similarly applicable real-world situations, depending on the needs of the group

Basically how to do graph design & product management with open source tools. Malt will put together a one paragraph description of what we need and we can mail it out to ask pirates to help.

Upcoming Events

  • 3/10, 11:30am, Boston-area Pirate Meetup, Spontaneous Celebrations, Boston/Cambridge
  • 3/12, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Industry Lab, 288 Norfolk St, Cambridge
  • 3/19, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Industry Lab, 288 Norfolk St, Cambridge
  • 3/23, 2pm-4:45pm, Lowell-area Pirate Meetup, Pollard Memorial Library, 401 Merrimack St, Lowell
  • 3/16, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Industry Lab, 288 Norfolk St, Cambridge
  • early April?, Worcester-area Pirate Meetup, Worcester

Participants

Observers

  • ChanServ
  • hvxgr_
  • davidd
  • Mikaela_Suomalainen
  • bonelesspepsi[m]
  • igel[m]

Summary

Minutes

 


[9:04pm] Pirate_Joe: Ahoy!
[9:04pm] jokeefe: ahoy
[9:04pm] Pirate_Joe: Joseph Onoroski, Lowell
[9:05pm] igel[m]: will fleurant Arlington
[9:05pm] Pirate_Joe: Sorry I am late. 
[9:05pm] jokeefe: no worries
[9:05pm] jokeefe: we hadn’t started
[9:05pm] jokeefe:
[9:06pm] Malt: Hi Joe
[9:06pm] Malt: We're all so punctual today
[9:06pm] Pirate_Joe: Ty for waiting!
[9:06pm] jokeefe: Agenda: https://masspirates.org/wiki/March_6th,_2019_IRC_Meeting
[9:06pm] jokeefe: ids
[9:06pm] Pirate_Joe: Hi sir!
[9:06pm] Pirate_Joe: Joseph Onoroski, Lowell
[9:06pm] jokeefe: James O’Keefe, Somerville
[9:06pm] jokeefe: anything to add?
[9:06pm] Malt: Nyet
[9:07pm] Pirate_Joe: I will try to be at the Regional but I may have a baby with me.
[9:08pm] jokeefe: ok
[9:08pm] jokeefe: Projects
[9:08pm] jokeefe: Regional Meetings
[9:08pm] Malt: Minor setback finding space on my end
[9:08pm] jokeefe: Calling people and spreading the word
[9:08pm] jokeefe: about the Boston meetup
[9:08pm] jokeefe: no library?
[9:10pm] igel[m]: shoot
[9:12pm] jokeefe: well please keep looking
[9:13pm] Malt: I am
[9:13pm] jokeefe: thanks
[9:13pm] jokeefe: Video Newsletter
[9:13pm] jokeefe: latest is up
[9:13pm] Malt: Checking with stone soup and workshop
[9:13pm] Malt: Nice!
[9:13pm] jokeefe: good
[9:14pm] jokeefe: when to record the next one?
[9:14pm] Pirate_Joe: Ummm, the regional meeting?1?!?!?!11?11!!
[9:15pm] igel[m]: dooo eeet 
[9:16pm] Pirate_Joe: I could record another one on Friday with you.
[9:16pm] jokeefe: I want to concentrate on contacting pirates we know about, but would be good to have one for the lowell meeting
[9:17pm] jokeefe: Sunday night?
[9:18pm] Pirate_Joe: Sounds good. I don't expect a lot of turn out for Lowell but I am hopeful
[9:18pm] jokeefe: Malt?
[9:18pm] igel[m]: its by umass lowell right?
[9:18pm] Malt: I may have company
[9:18pm] jokeefe: igel[m] we should have you on to talk about massmesh
[9:19pm] Pirate_Joe: Yeah, I would love to get a meshnet in Lowell
[9:19pm] igel[m]: sounds like a plan.
[9:19pm] Pirate_Joe: It has an interesting geography so it may be possible to do more with less
[9:19pm] jokeefe: Saturday, March 23rd, 2pm-4:45pm, Pollard Memorial Library, 401 Merrimack St, Lowell
[9:19pm] Malt: Friday I could call in
[9:21pm] jokeefe: I wouldn’t be able to record on Friday, but if you two want to do so, don’t let me stand in the way
[9:22pm] Malt: Same with the local meeting on my end
[9:22pm] igel[m]: i dont know friday tbh
[9:22pm] igel[m]: may be weekend
[9:23pm] Pirate_Joe: We do need some content for how to make and set up meshnets in your area.
[9:24pm] Pirate_Joe: Tutorials and such, make a specific playlist just for it as well
[9:24pm] Pirate_Joe: Prob means we should make some playlists for the other content.
[9:24pm] igel[m]: we did a game with bunch of organizers in JP tonight
[9:25pm] igel[m]: where the game was a model, sort of speak,
[9:25pm] Malt: Neat
[9:25pm] Pirate_Joe: Pop-up game?
[9:25pm] igel[m]: the proccess of organizing with techs amd residents etc...
[9:26pm] Pirate_Joe: Competitive or co-op
[9:26pm] jokeefe: went well then?
[9:27pm] igel[m]: i have some photos guides etc..
[9:27pm] igel[m]: not yet on laptop.. walking down mass ave... brrr
[9:27pm] igel[m]: yes very well i think
[9:29pm] jokeefe: great
[9:29pm] jokeefe: so when would you like to record the next one?
[9:30pm] • igel[m] uploaded an image: 20190226_213339.jpg (233KB) <https://diasp.in/_matrix/media/v1/download/matrix.org/TYfrWcoitTwdXnafnsSfnjlG>
[9:30pm] igel[m]: im not free till weekend
[9:30pm] Malt: Yeah
[9:31pm] Pirate_Joe: I would do one for the regional meeting and then another perhaps Tuesday on
[9:32pm] Pirate_Joe: Though if you folks are available on Saturday, we could set something up.
[9:32pm] jokeefe: Tuesday isn’t good for me
[9:33pm] Pirate_Joe: Monday is going to be a National meeting
[9:33pm] Pirate_Joe: We could have some of our National members on a live talk season as an open discussion on our issues.
[9:34pm] jokeefe: that could be fun, but would need to record after 10pm
[9:35pm] Pirate_Joe: Well, they want to do a Channel as well so this is a good opportunity for both. 
[9:36pm] Pirate_Joe: We can help them get their "proverbial toes wet"
[9:37pm] jokeefe: You want to suggest it to them?
[9:37pm] jokeefe: Should we also record one during the weekend?
[9:39pm] Pirate_Joe: We could if you like.
[9:40pm] Pirate_Joe: access denied on the lowell area calling list
[9:40pm] jokeefe: hmmm… I’ll check on that.
[9:40pm] Pirate_Joe: Sunday, March 10th, 11:30am at Spontaneous Celebrations, 45 Danforth St, Jamaica Plain
[9:40pm] Pirate_Joe: We should record one then.
[9:40pm] Pirate_Joe: I also can bring another projector as well
[9:41pm] jokeefe: I am pretty busy this weekend, so if we recorded only Monday, that would be ok
[9:41pm] jokeefe: I can bring a tripod and camera
[9:41pm] jokeefe: cameras
[9:41pm] Pirate_Joe: And the screen too.
[9:43pm] jokeefe: Pirate_Joe - did you login?
[9:43pm] Pirate_Joe: Nay
[9:43pm] jokeefe: try that, then go to the link
[9:44pm] Pirate_Joe: Nay, didn't work
[9:44pm] jokeefe: now try
[9:44pm] Pirate_Joe: kicked back the email that I speak of.
[9:45pm] Pirate_Joe: Still Nay
[9:45pm] Pirate_Joe: We can work on later and not take up meeting minutes. I return the rest to the council
[9:45pm] jokeefe: yes
[9:46pm] jokeefe: So let’s try to record Monday at 10pm
[9:46pm] Pirate_Joe: Ok, lol
[9:46pm] Pirate_Joe: Going for the National committee then, I love it.
[9:46pm] jokeefe: I could record the next massmesh meeting I attend. do interviews with igel[m]
[9:47pm] Pirate_Joe: Then lets make it a completely open discussion on core principles and go from there.
[9:47pm] jokeefe: sounds good
[9:47pm] jokeefe: Moving to Officer/Pirate Council Elections
[9:47pm] jokeefe: I see two nominations so far
[9:49pm] jokeefe: Will remind people in the next email.
[9:49pm] Pirate_Joe: Where do we go to submit our nominations?
[9:50pm] jokeefe: https://masspirates.org/blog/2019/03/02/pirate-council-nominations-open/
[9:50pm] jokeefe: specifically https://masspirates.org/crew/forms/lead-our-crew-2019
[9:51pm] jokeefe: Boston Sex Worker Petition
[9:51pm] jokeefe: We are at 144 signatures.
[9:51pm] jokeefe: Working to promote it
[9:52pm] jokeefe: Tech/Outreach - working on the next meeting. Hopefully March 17/18
[9:53pm] igel[m]: ya we need to find voting solutionware
[9:54pm] jokeefe: Yeah. Something for discussion and decision making
[9:54pm] Malt: We could use a Google fo- oh right no
[9:54pm] jokeefe: lol
[9:54pm] jokeefe: igel[m] - any more updates on Mass Mesh Net?
[9:56pm] Malt left the chat room. (Quit: https://webchat.pirateirc.net/)
[9:57pm] Malt joined the chat room.
[9:57pm] jokeefe: ahoy
[9:57pm] igel[m]: still plugging away
[9:57pm] jokeefe: good to hear
[9:58pm] jokeefe: well if nothing more, suggest we adjourn
[9:58pm] igel[m]: new faster prototype in testing this weekend well see
[9:58pm] jokeefe: cool. I should check for updates.
[9:58pm] Malt left the chat room. (Client Quit)
[9:59pm] jokeefe: shall we adjourn then?
[9:59pm] Pirate_Joe: What about the plank?
[9:59pm] igel[m]: sbout it..
[9:59pm] Pirate_Joe: Post individual autonomy plank
[9:59pm] jokeefe: I need to post it.
[9:59pm] jokeefe: It is my reminder that I need to do that. 
[10:00pm] Pirate_Joe: I was so confused.
[10:00pm] Pirate_Joe: But that is a me problem, not a you problem
[10:00pm] jokeefe: I’ll get it up in a day or so
[10:00pm] Pirate_Joe: I second to adjourn
[10:01pm] jokeefe: all in favor?
[10:01pm] Pirate_Joe: Aye
[10:01pm] jokeefe: aye