Difference between revisions of "May 15th, 2019 IRC Meeting"

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
 
Line 107: Line 107:
 
== Summary ==
 
== Summary ==
  
* Agreed to support the Stop & Shop Strikers. jokeefe will ask Moses to write a statement
 
* Will record the next pirate news show on Sunday, 8pm.
 
* Agreed to push the date that ballot are due back two days to 4/27.
 
  
  

Latest revision as of 21:51, 29 May 2019

Review

CT Pirates

National delays

Decisions/Endorsements

Statement on Alabama/Ohio/Georgia Abortion ban bills/laws

Projects

Goals for Q2:

  • Organize meetups
  • Organize election
  • Organize Fundraiser(s)
  • Organize candidate trainings
  • Revise platform

Regional Meetings

Video Newsletter

  • Next pirate news recording?
  • Make a video supporting the European Pirates in the upcoming EU election?

Mesh Net

Cryptoparties

Tech/Outreach

  • need to schedule a May meeting
  • find discussion/voting system
  • update blog theme
  • update civicrm software
  • set up torrents for PirateCon videos (creynolds)
  • post remaining audio for PirateCon talks (srevilak)

Election Campaigns

Bills to make the Film Credit Permanent

HD388 would make the film tax credit permanent. It is supposed to expire in 2023. The bill has 100+ signatures this time around. There isn't a hearing date for it yet.

Action items:

  • Tell our supporters how to oppose it
  • Look out for a hearing date
  • If possible, reach out to other groups to organize a lobby day

Update Platform

Tabled Projects

These have been on our agenda for a long time. How do we make them a reality?

Boston Sex Worker Petition

Non-pirate guest speakers

CCTV camera map

Computer Donations

https://piratenpad.de/p/MassPiratesComputerDonations

Video Newsletter guest speakers

FOSS Tutorials

Worcester farm group is interested in having some FOSS tutorials. Perhaps:

  • how to do basic labels in GIMP,
  • work through a few sample spreadsheets related to seed cost and
  • similarly applicable real-world situations, depending on the needs of the group

Basically how to do graph design & product management with open source tools. Malt will put together a one paragraph description of what we need and we can mail it out to ask pirates to help.

Upcoming Events

  • 5/18, 10:30am-1:45pm, Somerville-area Pirate Meetup, Somerville Public Library, 79 Highland Ave., Somerville
  • 5/21, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 5/23-26, European Parliamentary Elections, #VotePirate
  • 5/28, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 6/4, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Industry Lab, 288 Norfolk St, Cambridge
  • 6/11, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 6/18, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 6/22, 11am-4pm, Holyoke Pirate Meetup, Board Room, Holyoke Public Library, Holyoke
  • 6/25, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 6/25, 6-9pm, Somerville Cryptoparty, The Sprouts

Participants

  • igel[m]: william fleurant, arlington
  • jokeefe: James O’Keefe, Somerville
  • Malt: Sam capradae, Worcester
  • Pirate_Joe: Joseph Onoroski, Lowell

Observers

  • ChanServ
  • hvxgr
  • hvxgr_
  • davidd
  • Mikaela_Suomalainen

Summary

Minutes

 


[9:04pm] jokeefe: Agenda: https://masspirates.org/wiki/May_15th,_2019_IRC_Meeting
[9:04pm] jokeefe: ids
[9:04pm] jokeefe: James O’Keefe, Somerville
[9:04pm] Pirate_Joe: Joseph Onoroski, Lowell
[9:05pm] igel[m]: william fleurant, arlington
[9:05pm] jokeefe: Anything to add?
[9:05pm] Pirate_Joe: Aye
[9:06pm] Pirate_Joe: One moment, I'll add them
[9:06pm] Malt: Nyet
[9:07pm] Pirate_Joe: Updated
[9:07pm] Pirate_Joe: two brief points
[9:08pm] jokeefe: Review
[9:08pm] jokeefe: CT Pirates
[9:08pm] jokeefe: Pirate_Joe?
[9:08pm] igel[m]: yea?
[9:08pm] Malt: :0
[9:08pm] Pirate_Joe: I saw the email from you, I was hoping you could share on this one Jokeefe
[9:09pm] jokeefe: oh ok.
[9:09pm] Pirate_Joe: I know little but I would like to give them as much support as possible
[9:09pm] Pirate_Joe: Perhaps even do a regional meeting down there.
[9:09pm] jokeefe: Someone from CT contacted the national party about volunteering. I reached out the him about doing a meeting/cryptoparty there. More when I hear back.
[9:10pm] Pirate_Joe: I would like to push for more Meshnet if possible
[9:10pm] igel[m]: ive not added to the wiki before
[9:10pm] jokeefe: we can suggest
[9:11pm] Pirate_Joe: Sounds good, hope we hear back
[9:11pm] jokeefe: do you have an account igel[m]?
[9:11pm] igel[m]: crypto mesh networks
[9:11pm] jokeefe: aye that
[9:11pm] jokeefe: National delays - Pirate_Joe?
[9:12pm] Pirate_Joe: We recently passed a motion to meet weekly for 30 minutes instead of 1 hour by weekly.
[9:12pm] igel[m]: sure yeah
[9:12pm] Malt: Huh
[9:12pm] Pirate_Joe: Unfortunately our chair has been unable to attend and well as the secretary. We need more attendance.
[9:13pm] jokeefe: they are rather vital. should find a time that works for at least the three of you and the state reps.
[9:13pm] Pirate_Joe: The chair due to personal concerns.
[9:14pm] Pirate_Joe: Well, I would like to request our MA reps try to attend every Monday if possible
[9:14pm] jokeefe: Reminders help
[9:14pm] Pirate_Joe: At least then I can do a meeting, but I'll make them short and sweet.
[9:14pm] Malt: What time?
[9:14pm] Pirate_Joe: 9pm to 9:30pm
[9:15pm] Pirate_Joe: Duly noted jokeefe
[9:15pm] Pirate_Joe: I need a refresher on how to do the emails, I don't think I'm doing it right
[9:16pm] Pirate_Joe: That would explain our low attendance for Lowell's meetup
[9:16pm] jokeefe: let’s talk soon
[9:16pm] Pirate_Joe: Sunday?
[9:16pm] jokeefe: sure
[9:16pm] jokeefe: Decisions/Endorsements
[9:16pm] Pirate_Joe: We could chat and do a recording all at the same time
[9:16pm] Pirate_Joe:
[9:17pm] jokeefe: sure
[9:17pm] jokeefe: Statement on Alabama/Ohio/Georgia Abortion ban bills/laws
[9:17pm] jokeefe: Unfortunately, I haven’t had the chance to write one.
[9:18pm] jokeefe: Should we post a statement of our opposition to the various state abortion ban bills/laws? I can write one and email it for review.
[9:18pm] Malt: I'd like that
[9:18pm] Malt: What time Sunday?
[9:19pm] Malt: Also Mondays are my busy nights but I can try to make them more often
[9:19pm] Pirate_Joe: Yes, this is a violation of a women's right to autonomy
[9:19pm] igel[m]: war on women
[9:20pm] igel[m]: brb or bout to break something heh
[9:21pm] jokeefe: have fun
[9:21pm] Pirate_Joe: It will challenge Roe v. Wade
[9:21pm] jokeefe: any opposition?
[9:22pm] jokeefe: BTW: https://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-hiltzik-anti-abortion-infant-mortality-20190515-story.html
[9:22pm] Pirate_Joe: Total opposition, please reference Roe v. Wade.  This is a fight we already won
[9:22pm] jokeefe: will do
[9:22pm] jokeefe: ok, motion passes. will post it to the email list
[9:23pm] jokeefe: Projects
[9:23pm] jokeefe: Regional Meetings
[9:23pm] jokeefe: Somerville is this Saturday. Holyoke is June 22nd
[9:24pm] jokeefe: Working on July meetup
[9:24pm] jokeefe: Video Newsletter - Desmond wanted to participate in the next one, but needed to know when
[9:24pm] Pirate_Joe: Sunday at 11 am?
[9:25pm] Pirate_Joe: Since I failed at making it on time for 10am?
[9:25pm] Malt: Ok
[9:25pm] Pirate_Joe: I would like you there as well Malt, if possible
[9:25pm] Malt: Should be able
[9:26pm] jokeefe: 11am is fine for me. Will confirm with Desmond
[9:26pm] Pirate_Joe: ok, ty sir
[9:27pm] jokeefe: EU elections are next week. I would like to make a video supporting the European Pirates in the upcoming EU election. It can be very short.
[9:27pm] Pirate_Joe: I have time to make a few videos or one really meaty one
[9:28pm] Pirate_Joe: I'm fine either way.
[9:29pm] jokeefe: Would be good to have multiple screens viewable at once.
[9:29pm] igel[m]: jitsi style?
[9:29pm] jokeefe: something like that.
[9:30pm] igel[m]: try it with matrix, no?
[9:30pm] Pirate_Joe: Naruto sand ninjars
[9:30pm] jokeefe: video chat in matrix?
[9:30pm] jokeefe: will take a look at jitsi.
[9:30pm] jokeefe: Mesh Net - igel[m] are you able to share an update?
[9:30pm] igel[m]: thought we half tested that duno.. joe what did you say?
[9:30pm] Malt: How is naruto involved?
[9:31pm] Pirate_Joe: It's not, I'm just making a poorly timed joke.
[9:31pm] Pirate_Joe: <3
[9:32pm] Malt: Ah! Ok
[9:32pm] Pirate_Joe: Sry, Moving on. I have no oppion in the matter, so long as we get videos uploaded on Youtube and other sites, I am happy
[9:32pm] igel[m]: currently ironing out tech things for a planned deployment at multiple fixed locations
[9:32pm] jokeefe: thanks igel[m]
[9:32pm] Pirate_Joe: Opposition
[9:33pm] igel[m]: i didnt read joke
[9:33pm] Malt: Mesh net is exciting tech
[9:33pm] Pirate_Joe: I'm more concerned with what we are discussing and pushing our talking points than the medium by which we record it.
[9:33pm] Pirate_Joe: igel, if you have something better, I'm happy to implement.
[9:34pm] igel[m]: all the encryption for all the networks
[9:34pm] jokeefe: ++
[9:35pm] igel[m]: essentially we're looking at a few+ locations across from across i93/tank/umass
[9:35pm] jokeefe: will add that to the next email announcement
[9:36pm] jokeefe: if you can give me short write up of what you need, that would help
[9:36pm] jokeefe: Cryptoparties - have one scheduled for June and working on July/August
[9:37pm] igel[m]: the eight locations are in coop trust, so it strengthens coops (low rate of foreclosure when coops own)
[9:38pm] jokeefe: need to look at the map for the Boston (?) locations
[9:38pm] jokeefe: Tech/Outreach - scheduling the next one. May has been busy fortunately.
[9:39pm] jokeefe: Bills to make the Film Credit Permanent - No hearing yet
[9:39pm] jokeefe: Update Platform
[9:40pm] Pirate_Joe: For the Update Platform, can we schedule a meeting at your location jokeefe so we can also have a potluck 
[9:40pm] Malt: Hah!
[9:40pm] igel[m]: <jokeefe "if you can give me short write u"> ok cool
[9:40pm] Malt: Sounds like a party
[9:41pm] Pirate_Joe: A pirate party!
[9:41pm] jokeefe: Yes, I need to schedule one
[9:41pm] Pirate_Joe: June 2nd sound good?
[9:41pm] jokeefe: Perhaps we should take a topic and discuss it at each IRC meeting?
[9:41pm] Pirate_Joe: Since Sundays are a thing for us as well
[9:42pm] jokeefe: will put up a poll for a few Sundays
[9:42pm] Pirate_Joe: My availablity is every other Sunday due to family currently
[9:43pm] Pirate_Joe: So the 19th, 2nd, etc
[9:43pm] jokeefe: good to know
[9:45pm] jokeefe: that is all I have at this time/
[9:46pm] Pirate_Joe: Motion to Adjourn
[9:46pm] jokeefe: 2nd
[9:46pm] jokeefe: all in favor?
[9:46pm] Pirate_Joe: Aye
[9:46pm] jokeefe: aye
[9:47pm] igel[m]: aye
[9:47pm] igel[m]: thanks jokeefe
[9:47pm] jokeefe: I will post the notes. Thanks everyone!
[9:47pm] Pirate_Joe: Good night everyone