May 1st, 2019 IRC Meeting

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Revision as of 20:29, 1 May 2019 by Jokeefe (talk | contribs)
Jump to: navigation, search

Review

Officer/Pirate Council Elections

Office Choice Winner(s) Votes
Captain James O'Keefe * 18
First Officer Steve Revilak * 11
Joseph Onoroski 5
Abstain 2
Quartermaster Joseph Onoroski * 16
Abstain 2
PR/Media Director Joseph Onoroski * 16
Abstain 2
Activism Director Malt Schlitzmann * 16
Abstain 1
None of the Above 1
Swarmwise Director Christine (Christopher) Reynolds * 15
Abstain 3
Web/Info Director Christine (Christopher) Reynolds * 15
Abstain 3
Arbitrators Steve Revilak * 5
James O'Keefe * 12
None of the Above 1
Representatives to the US Pirate Party Joseph Onoroski * 10
Malt Schlitzmann * 5
Abstain 2
None of the Above 1

jokeefe will schedule a follow up meeting with new elected folks and volunteers.

Worcester Pirate Meetup

Decisions/Endorsements

Projects

Goals for Q2:

  • Organize meetups
  • Organize election
  • Organize Fundraiser(s)
  • Organize candidate trainings
  • Revise platform

Regional Meetings

Video Newsletter

  • Next pirate news recording?
  • Make a video supporting the European Pirates in the upcoming EU election?

Non-pirate guest speakers

Sargon of Akkad
Bearing

Mesh Net

Cryptoparties

Boston Sex Worker Petition

Tech/Outreach

  • need to schedule a May meeting
  • find discussion/voting system
  • update blog theme
  • update civicrm software
  • set up torrents for PirateCon videos (creynolds)
  • post remaining audio for PirateCon talks (srevilak)

Election Campaigns

Bills to make the Film Credit Permanent

HD388 would make the film tax credit permanent. It is supposed to expire in 2023. The bill has 100+ signatures this time around. There isn't a hearing date for it yet.

Action items:

  • Tell our supporters how to oppose it
  • Look out for a hearing date
  • If possible, reach out to other groups to organize a lobby day

Update Platform

Tabled Projects

These have been on our agenda for a long time. How do we make them a reality?

CCTV camera map

Computer Donations

https://piratenpad.de/p/MassPiratesComputerDonations

Video Newsletter guest speakers

FOSS Tutorials

Worcester farm group is interested in having some FOSS tutorials. Perhaps:

  • how to do basic labels in GIMP,
  • work through a few sample spreadsheets related to seed cost and
  • similarly applicable real-world situations, depending on the needs of the group

Basically how to do graph design & product management with open source tools. Malt will put together a one paragraph description of what we need and we can mail it out to ask pirates to help.

Upcoming Events

  • 5/7, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Industry Lab, 288 Norfolk St, Cambridge
  • 5/14, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 5/18, 10:30am-1:45pm, Somerville-area Pirate Meetup, Somerville Public Library, 79 Highland Ave., Somerville
  • 5/21, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 5/23-26, European Parliamentary Elections, #VotePirate
  • 5/28, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 6/4, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 6/11, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 6/22, 11am-4pm, Holyoke Pirate Meetup, Board Room, Holyoke Public Library, Holyoke

Participants

Observers

  • ChanServ
  • igel[m]
  • hvxgr
  • davidd
  • Mikaela_Suomalainen
  • bonelesspepsi[m]
  • 0FRAAAAC8

Summary

  • Agreed to support the Stop & Shop Strikers. jokeefe will ask Moses to write a statement
  • Will record the next pirate news show on Sunday, 8pm.
  • Agreed to push the date that ballot are due back two days to 4/27.


Minutes