May 20th, 2020 IRC Meeting
- 1 Review
- 2 Decisions/Endorsements
- 3 Projects
- 4 Tabled Projects
- 5 Upcoming Events
- 6 Participants
- 7 Summary
- 8 Minutes
Goals for Q3 2020:
- Organize meetups
- Organize Fundraiser
- Organize candidate trainings
- Revise platform
All meetings on hold due to Covid-19.
- Boston (jokeefe)
- Worcester (Malt)
- Lowell (Joe)
- Boston Pride Festival (emailed them that we transferred our table to 2021)
- table booked
- setup signup sheet
- Need to purchase insurance
- Need volunteer sign up form
- Tie to an activity, mapping the CCTV cameras in Boston or along the Pride parade route?
- Next pirate news recording scheduled for Sunday, 7pm unless changed
No clue where things are now due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Right to Repair
- out of committee
- next email will urge supporters to call their state senator/rep. and urge them to support it
- see if people willing to setup meeting with reps.
Facial Recognition and other bills still in committee.
Moved to 2020 Platform Discussion
Democracy and Dogfood (Tech)
Boston Sex Worker Petition
Worcester farm group is interested in having some FOSS tutorials. Perhaps:
- how to do basic labels in GIMP,
- work through a few sample spreadsheets related to seed cost and
- similarly applicable real-world situations, depending on the needs of the group
Basically how to do graph design & product management with open source tools. Malt will put together a one paragraph description of what we need and we can mail it out to ask pirates to help.
- Summer 2020, ?, Boston Meetup
- Summer 2020, ?, Worcester Meetup
- Summer 2020, ?, Springfield Meetup
- ?/?, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Culture House, Harvard Square
- ?/?, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNe Tech Meeting, Encuentro 5, Boston
- ?/?, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Democracy Center, Cambridge
- ?/?, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
- 5/?, 2pm-4pm, Democracy and Dogfood (Tech) Meeting, on-line
- srevilak (Steve Revilak, Arlington)
- Malt (Sam capradae, Worcester)
Next pirate news recording: Sunday 7pm.
21:22 < Malt> My bad 21:22 < Malt> I was cooking 21:23 < srevilak> no worries 21:23 < srevilak> jamie isn't feeling well and won't be able to make it 21:23 < srevilak> So, just us 21:23 < Malt> Sam capradae, Worcester 21:23 < srevilak> Steve Revilak, Arlington 21:24 < Malt> How goes with you? 21:24 < srevilak> Not bad 21:24 < srevilak> about a week ago, we had a cyclist killed in town, hit by a car 21:24 < Malt> Jiminy! 21:25 < srevilak> I've been hit in the same intersection myself, and had a close call on a separate occassion 21:25 < Malt> Well that's terrifying 21:25 < srevilak> Tonight, the bicycle advisory committee had it on their agenda, 21:25 < srevilak> So I attended to give public comment 21:25 < Malt> Is it a blind turn? 21:25 < srevilak> Ditto for a Transportation advisory cmte meeting 21:25 < srevilak> No 21:26 < Malt> Ugh that's crap 21:26 < srevilak> Handle bar cam footage of my close call 21:26 < srevilak> https://archive.org/details/mass-ave-close-call-on-a-bicycle 21:26 < srevilak> (Note the black SUV that passes on my left) 21:27 < Malt> Boston should be carless 21:27 < srevilak> Boston has gotten a lot better with bike infrastructure over the last few years 21:27 < srevilak> Plus they have a natural form of traffic calming: double parking 21:28 < Malt> Lmao 21:28 < srevilak> But there are places in boston that are, well, challenging 21:29 < Malt> Just tear the whole city down and start over 21:30 < srevilak> I don't know. I have far more gripes with Arlington than Boston 21:30 < Malt> This week's politics have been wretched 21:30 < Malt> That's my take 21:31 < srevilak> I think I've largely tuned out nat'l politics 21:31 < Malt> Trump is gaslighting the nation 21:32 < Malt> His supporters have started getting infected 21:32 < srevilak> I make no predictions about the 2020 election, but I do know who won't be winning in 2024 21:33 < Malt> AMERICA 21:34 < srevilak> Two songs I've been listening to a lot lately 21:35 < srevilak> Green day's american idiot 21:35 < srevilak> And Zappa's Broken Hearts are for Assholes 21:35 < srevilak> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrKKt6NprVM 21:35 < Malt> I am working on my zappa mustache 21:37 < Malt> Been reading up on Andy Warhol lately 21:37 < srevilak> Anything notable 21:37 < srevilak> ? 21:38 < Malt> His early commercial drawings are genius 21:38 < Malt> He repeated himself a lot 21:38 < Malt> I don't get the velvet underground 21:38 < srevilak> campbells soup comes to mind 21:42 < Malt> It fell flat on initial release 21:42 < Malt> I think it didn't get appreciated until after his Marilyn series 21:42 < Malt> In 21:43 < srevilak> ah 21:43 < Malt> My take is the art world loved the soup prints for the novelty of the mundane 21:43 < Malt> Something unfamiliar to the upper crust 21:49 < srevilak> oh no -- they killed Malt! 21:49 < srevilak> Those bastards! 21:49 < srevilak> I think we're still planning to record news at 7pm Sunday. That work for you? 21:50 < Malt> Think so 21:51 < srevilak> cool 21:51 < Malt> Aight, I gotta go. See you then? 21:51 < srevilak> Was just going to motion to adjourn 21:51 < srevilak> Will see you then