May 3rd, 2022 IRC Meeting
Move June Pirate Moot to 6/18?
RCV event scheduled for 6/25. Suggest we move the Moot.
March/table at 6/10 Boston Dyke March?
What we are working on now:
What topics should we discuss Saturday?
- Pirate news recording scheduled for Sundays, 7pm with go-live at 7:30pm. Unless changed
Other To Do
- Application to PPI
- Democracy Meeting, Sat., May ?, 11am-1pm
- Pirate Moot, Sat., May 28th, noon-2pm, Joe's place
- Joe: Joseph Onoroski, Lowell
- malt: sam capradae, worcester
- jokeefe: Jamie O’Keefe, Somerville
Both the XRBoston and the #ShareTheScience protests were well attended and well organized.
Moved the June Pirate Moot to 6/18.
Will join the 6/10 Boston Dyke March. JamieO will make a signup form.
Worked on Competition Plank. Will review next week.
[9:04pm] jokeefe: Agenda: https://masspirates.org/wiki/May_3rd,_2022_IRC_Meeting [9:04pm] jokeefe: ids [9:04pm] jokeefe: Anything to add? [9:05pm] Joe: Joseph Onoroski, Lowell [9:05pm] Joe: Nothing to add [9:05pm] malt: sam capradae, worcester [9:05pm] jokeefe: Jamie O’Keefe, Somerville [9:05pm] malt: i'd like to suggest a press release titled "everything is fucked" whose body simply reads "jesus CHRIST." [9:07pm] Joe: Snafu [9:07pm] Joe: Bohica [9:07pm] jokeefe: lol, malt [9:08pm] malt: it's all happening at once [9:09pm] jokeefe: aye, but there is so much to come [9:09pm] jokeefe: Review - Protests [9:09pm] jokeefe: Both the XRBoston and the #ShareTheScience protests were well attended and well organized. [9:10pm] jokeefe: Decisions/Endorsements [9:12pm] malt: that's great to hear [9:12pm] jokeefe: Going to repost https://masspirates.org/blog/ourissues/reproductive-freedom-is-a-human-right/ in light of the politico article on Alito’s writing [9:13pm] Joe: Please do [9:14pm] jokeefe: Move June Pirate Moot to 6/18? [9:15pm] malt: fine by me [9:15pm] jokeefe: RCV event scheduled for 6/25. Suggest we move the Moot. [9:15pm] Joe: I will be unable to attend due to childcare, but I am not against [9:16pm] jokeefe: ok. will move it then. [9:16pm] jokeefe: March/table at 6/10 Boston Dyke March? [9:19pm] malt: that's international pun day [9:19pm] malt: lol jk yeah sure [9:19pm] Joe: They don't have a start time [9:20pm] malt: we should prepare flyers on like, phone security for protests [9:20pm] jokeefe: that is a good idea [9:20pm] malt: we should ask them what kind of tech questions their membership has [9:20pm] Joe: We could also hand out rainbow pirate flags? [9:21pm] Joe: I will also not be able to attend but I don't mind making a bunch of flags to hand out for that day. [9:22pm] jokeefe: flags are good [9:22pm] jokeefe: thanks [9:22pm] jokeefe: It starts at 6pm. [9:22pm] Joe: I could drop them off with to you(Jamie) or Steve. [9:23pm] Joe: Do we have a digital print or should I make one up? [9:24pm] jokeefe: Logo is at https://masspirates.org/blog/press/ [9:24pm] malt: a POD storefront might not be a terrible idea [9:24pm] malt: i don't know how to set one up, mind you [9:24pm] Joe: I mean, we could just use the French Pirate flag if need be. [9:24pm] malt: i had intentions on learning but lol [9:25pm] jokeefe: If we can find someone who silkscreens [9:26pm] malt: there's a joint in worcester i use [9:26pm] malt: i was just thinking shopify [9:27pm] Joe: I will just do the background and mass print little flags. [9:27pm] jokeefe: would you find out what they charge? having a more extensive store would be good [9:28pm] jokeefe: so join the march? [9:29pm] Joe: 2nd [9:30pm] malt: aye [9:30pm] jokeefe: aye [9:30pm] Joe: Aye [9:31pm] jokeefe: will setup a form, then [9:32pm] jokeefe: Platform [9:32pm] malt: for the store do we just want T-shirts and flags? [9:32pm] Joe: Door hangers and magnets [9:33pm] jokeefe: There is https://www.zazzle.com/store/masspirates, malt [9:34pm] malt: oh! [9:34pm] malt: i didn't see it on the site somehow [9:34pm] jokeefe: it is on the side bar. [9:34pm] jokeefe: we need something better [9:35pm] Joe: "Freedom is not given, it's earned. Become a Pirate!" [9:36pm] malt: i'll text you about it, this local spot isn't POD which would mean one of us would have to handle shipping [9:36pm] malt: either way [9:36pm] malt: sorry to distract [9:36pm] malt: platform? [9:36pm] jokeefe: thanks [9:37pm] Joe: "Or it's taken" works too but both sound a bit cringy now that I see it typed [9:37pm] Joe: Idk [9:37pm] jokeefe: taken is more pirate-like [9:37pm] Joe: "You have to fight..... [9:38pm] Joe: "For your right..... [9:38pm] jokeefe: We were working on https://etherpad.pp-international.net/p/MAPPCompetitionPlank and https://etherpad.pp-international.net/p/MAPPArtisforEveryone! [9:38pm] Joe: "Mass pirate party! [9:39pm] jokeefe: lol [9:41pm] Joe: Competition plank needs a solid closing. [9:42pm] Joe: Or at least a working action item if we take office [9:45pm] jokeefe: agree on the need for action items [9:49pm] Joe: I like it. [9:49pm] Joe left the chat room. (connection closed) [9:49pm] Joe joined the chat room. [9:55pm] Joe: Unfortunately I have to go, I will get to work Thursday on making the graphics for the flag. [9:55pm] jokeefe: take care. reorganized the text a bit [9:56pm] Joe left the chat room. (connection closed) [9:56pm] Joe joined the chat room. [9:56pm] jokeefe: whatelse should we add malt? [9:56pm] malt: im out of ideas [9:56pm] Joe: Yeah, I saw but I like your version better. I have good ideas but express it poorly, I think [9:57pm] Joe: Gn gentleman and others in space-time! [9:57pm] malt: nite [9:57pm] jokeefe: fine the way it is or should we review it and sign off next week? [10:00pm] jokeefe: shall we adjourn? [10:00pm] Joe left the chat room. (connection closed) [10:01pm] malt: a second look won't do it no harm [10:01pm] malt: i'm okay with that [10:01pm] jokeefe: sounds good. I think we are almost there [10:02pm] jokeefe: we are at time. time to say good night? [10:06pm] jokeefe: I’ll post the notes [10:06pm] malt: sorry [10:06pm] malt: yeah [10:06pm] malt: 2nd