November 13th, 2019 IRC Meeting

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Revision as of 21:37, 13 November 2019 by Jokeefe (talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigationJump to search

Review

Boston Anarchist Bookfair

Decisions/Endorsements

Projects

Goals for Q3:

  • Organize meetups
  • Organize election
  • Organize Fundraiser(s)
  • Organize candidate trainings
  • Revise platform

Regional Meetings/Events

Leader: jokeefe

  • Holyoke Meetup, 11/24, 10:30am-3:30pm, Holyoke Public Library
  • Worcester meetup moved to Spring 2020.

Video Newsletter

Leader: Joseph

  • Next pirate news recording?

Democracy and Dogfood (Tech)

Next meeting will be December 8th, 11am-1pm, Diesel Cafe, Somerville. Topics are:

  • find discussion/voting system;
  • update CCTV cameras to include older cameras outside North America we didn't include;
  • write an app to record the location/ownership of CCTV cameras;
  • set up torrents for PirateCon videos (creynolds);
  • post remaining audio for PirateCon talks (srevilak).

National Party

Tabled Projects

Boston Sex Worker Petition

Computer Donations

FOSS Tutorials

Worcester farm group is interested in having some FOSS tutorials. Perhaps:

  • how to do basic labels in GIMP,
  • work through a few sample spreadsheets related to seed cost and
  • similarly applicable real-world situations, depending on the needs of the group

Basically how to do graph design & product management with open source tools. Malt will put together a one paragraph description of what we need and we can mail it out to ask pirates to help.

Fight bills to make the Film Credit Permanent

H.2419 would make the film tax credit permanent. It is supposed to expire in 2023. The bill has 100+ signatures this time around. jokeefe will submit testimony.

Upcoming Events

  • 11/19, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Encuentro 5, Boston
  • 11/24, 10:30am-3:30pm, Holyoke Pirate Meetup, Board Room, Holyoke Public Library, 250 Chestnut Street, Holyoke
  • 11/26, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 12/8, 11am-1pm, Democracy and Dogfood (Tech) Meeting, Diesel Cafe, Somerville
  • 12/3, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting,
  • 12/10, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Democracy Center, Cambridge
  • 12/17, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Encuentro 5, Boston
  • 12/24, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 1/?, 11am-1pm, Democracy and Dogfood (Tech) Meeting, ?
  • 11/7, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting,
  • 11/14, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Democracy Center, Cambridge
  • Spring 2020, ?, Worcester Meetup
  • Spring 2020, ?, Springfield Meetup
  • Spring 2020, ?, Boston Meetup

Participants

  • jokeefe: James O’Keefe, Somerville
  • Pirate_Joe: Joseph Onoroski, Lowell
  • Malt: sam capradae, worcester

Observers

  • igel[m]
  • davidd
  • hvxgr
  • Deffy
  • haskal[m]
  • MikaelaSuomalainen
  • ChanServ

Summary

Minutes

 


[9:03pm] jokeefe: Agenda: https://masspirates.org/wiki/November_13th,_2019_IRC_Meeting
[9:03pm] jokeefe: ids
[9:03pm] jokeefe: James O’Keefe, Somerville
[9:03pm] jokeefe: anything to add?
[9:04pm] Malt: nyet!
[9:04pm] Pirate_Joe: Joseph Onoroski, Lowell
[9:04pm] Malt: sam capradae, worcester
[9:05pm] Pirate_Joe: Sorry, just got home from a long day. I will be mildly distracted for a few minutes.
[9:05pm] jokeefe: no worries
[9:05pm] jokeefe: Review
[9:05pm] jokeefe: Boston Anarchist Bookfair
[9:05pm] Malt: sucks about that security BS
[9:06pm] jokeefe: Space changed at the last minute due to BU imposing security costs. They moved the tables and the talks to two different locations on two different days
[9:06pm] jokeefe: yeah
[9:06pm] jokeefe: Saturday was the tabling day. Didn’t think there would be a table, but we got one in the end.
[9:07pm] jokeefe: I’ll fill out the in-kind form by tomorrow
[9:07pm] jokeefe: Turnout was very good
[9:07pm] Pirate_Joe: Ok, you have the login info for reporter7?
[9:08pm] jokeefe: I haven’t found it
[9:09pm] Pirate_Joe: I'll resend through signal
[9:09pm] Malt:
[9:09pm] jokeefe: thanks
[9:09pm] Pirate_Joe: Or I can just do it as well
[9:10pm] Pirate_Joe: I have some free time tomorrow during the day.
[9:11pm] jokeefe: This is for the inkind info? I was going to fill out our online form as a first step
[9:11pm] Pirate_Joe: Yes, sorry
[9:11pm] jokeefe: no worries
[9:12pm] jokeefe: Best to ask
[9:12pm] jokeefe: Projects
[9:12pm] jokeefe: Regional Meetings/Events
[9:13pm] jokeefe: Holyoke Meetup - sorry been distracted with family. Will have the sign ups done by tomorrow
[9:13pm] jokeefe: And send out another email update
[9:14pm] jokeefe: Video Newsletter
[9:14pm] jokeefe: When works this weekend?
[9:14pm] Pirate_Joe: Unless you can record, I'm dead in the water on this project
[9:15pm] Pirate_Joe: The new windows updates messed up my drivers for my graphics cards.  I would have to give my main comp a massive overhaul in order to fix the issue.
[9:15pm] jokeefe: The computer I planned to use didn’t show chrome windows, but my other does.  I can probably use that one.
[9:15pm] jokeefe: When works?
[9:16pm] Pirate_Joe: I have not had the time/money/patience to fix
[9:16pm] jokeefe: morning either day would be best for me, but I am flexible
[9:17pm] Malt: same
[9:17pm] Pirate_Joe: I am also down a few managers for my company so I have been working a lot of extra hours as well
[9:17pm] Pirate_Joe: Is it possible for you to record without me?
[9:17pm] jokeefe: sure
[9:18pm] Pirate_Joe: There has been plenty of fodder to use
[9:18pm] jokeefe: life can certainly be hectic
[9:18pm] Pirate_Joe: It's temp I'm sure.  I already am training a few new people but until they are up and running in earnest it means I'm working a lot of extra hours.
[9:19pm] jokeefe: good luck!
[9:19pm] jokeefe: Let me test and see if I can get it all working. Will email out about what times work.
[9:19pm] Pirate_Joe: the nice thing is that I get to pay myself for it with 0 guilty 
[9:19pm] jokeefe: paying yourself is important
[9:20pm] Pirate_Joe: Taking time for family is too
[9:20pm] jokeefe: agreed
[9:20pm] jokeefe: Democracy and Dogfood (Tech) - next meeting date/location is set for December 8th, 11am-1pm, Diesel Cafe, Somerville
[9:21pm] jokeefe: trying a new location
[9:22pm] Malt: make it raaaiiin
[9:23pm] jokeefe: National Party - what’s the update Pirate_Joe?
[9:24pm] Pirate_Joe: We are still moving slowly but it seems that the website is coming along.  Unfortunately, an issue has been noticed in terms on merch on the site and nothing being properly set up for where those funds go.
[9:24pm] Pirate_Joe: We will be addressing this at our next meeting
[9:25pm] Pirate_Joe: Also, we will have a discussion on how the national meetings are conducted and how that will be publicized.
[9:25pm] Pirate_Joe: Finally, we have a list of general issues that should be worked on and addressed
[9:26pm] Malt: neat
[9:26pm] jokeefe: thanks
[9:26pm] Pirate_Joe: Abortion
[9:26pm] Pirate_Joe: Borders
[9:26pm] Pirate_Joe: Budget & Spending
[9:26pm] Pirate_Joe: Civil
[9:26pm] Pirate_Joe: Climate Change
[9:26pm] Pirate_Joe left the chat room. (Excess Flood)
[9:26pm] Pirate_Joe joined the chat room.
[9:26pm] Pirate_Joe: umm
[9:26pm] Pirate_Joe: Borders
[9:26pm] Pirate_Joe: Budget & Spending
[9:26pm] Pirate_Joe: Civil
[9:26pm] Pirate_Joe: Climate Change
[9:26pm] Pirate_Joe left the chat room. (Excess Flood)
[9:27pm] Pirate_Joe joined the chat room.
[9:27pm] jokeefe: that’s all I have
[9:27pm] Pirate_Joe: Did I break it?
[9:27pm] jokeefe: no
[9:27pm] jokeefe:
[9:28pm] Pirate_Joe: I tried posting the list but I think it kicked me out for flooding
[9:28pm] jokeefe: ?
[9:28pm] jokeefe: weird. I’ll check it
[9:28pm] Pirate_Joe: Abortion
[9:28pm] Pirate_Joe: Borders
[9:28pm] Pirate_Joe: Budget & Spending
[9:28pm] Pirate_Joe: Civil
[9:28pm] Pirate_Joe: Climate Change
[9:28pm] Pirate_Joe: Coal Industry
[9:28pm] Pirate_Joe: College Affordability
[9:28pm] Pirate_Joe: Copyright
[9:28pm] Pirate_Joe: Corrections
[9:28pm] Pirate_Joe: Criminal
[9:28pm] Pirate_Joe: Cryptocurrency
[9:28pm] Pirate_Joe: DACA & DREAM Act
[9:28pm] Pirate_Joe: Defense
[9:28pm] Pirate_Joe: Defense Spending
[9:28pm] Pirate_Joe: Immigration
[9:28pm] Pirate_Joe: Immigration Reform
[9:28pm] Pirate_Joe: Infrastructure
[9:28pm] Pirate_Joe: Judiciary
[9:28pm] Pirate_Joe: Justice
[9:28pm] Pirate_Joe: Law Enforcement
[9:28pm] Pirate_Joe: Liberty
[9:28pm] Pirate_Joe: Marijuana Legalization
[9:28pm] Pirate_Joe: Medicaid
[9:28pm] Pirate_Joe: Medicare
[9:28pm] Pirate_Joe: Middle Class
[9:28pm] Pirate_Joe: Middle East
[9:28pm] Pirate_Joe: National Debt
[9:28pm] Pirate_Joe: NATO
[9:28pm] Pirate_Joe: Online Dispute Resolution
[9:28pm] Pirate_Joe: Opioid Epidemic
[9:28pm] Pirate_Joe: Prosecution
[9:28pm] Pirate_Joe: Public Schools
[9:29pm] jokeefe: tha’s a list
[9:29pm] Pirate_Joe: Those are the generic list of hot issues that we are going to focus on addressing using the Pirate Perspective
[9:29pm] jokeefe: yeah, I think it doesn’t like posting too many messages in rapid succession
[9:30pm] Malt: i like them though
[9:30pm] Malt: online dispute resolution?
[9:31pm] Pirate_Joe: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Online_dispute_resolution
[9:32pm] Pirate_Joe: In order to save resources in the court system, this helps come to peaceful resolutions at a much lower cost.
[9:33pm] Pirate_Joe: That's all I have today as well
[9:34pm] Pirate_Joe: Motion to adjourn?
[9:34pm] jokeefe: 2nd
[9:34pm] jokeefe: all in favor?
[9:34pm] Pirate_Joe: Aye
[9:34pm] jokeefe: aye
[9:35pm] jokeefe: thanks all. Hope you get some sleep!
[9:35pm] Pirate_Joe: Good night gentlemen.  It
[9:35pm] jokeefe: good night
[9:35pm] Pirate_Joe: It is a pleasure as always