Difference between revisions of "November 14th, 2018 IRC Meeting"

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search
Line 86: Line 86:
  
  
 +
[9:02pm] jokeefe: Agenda: https://masspirates.org/wiki/November_14th,_2018_IRC_Meeting
 +
[9:02pm] jokeefe: ids
 +
[9:02pm] jokeefe: James O’Keefe, Somerville
 +
[9:02pm] Pirate_Joe: Joseph Onoroski, Lowell
 +
[9:03pm] DesmondRavenstone: Desmond Ravenstone, Boston (Roslindale)
 +
[9:03pm] igel: William Fleurant, Arlington
 +
[9:03pm] jokeefe: Anything to add to the agenda?
 +
[9:03pm] Malt left the chat room. (Client Quit)
 +
[9:04pm] Pirate_Joe: Just about the video news letter on SWR
 +
[9:04pm] jokeefe: Should be on the agenda
 +
[9:04pm] Pirate_Joe: For some reason, I thought the vigil was this week
 +
[9:04pm] jokeefe: Review
 +
[9:04pm] DesmondRavenstone: Have a link for a video from a South African SWR group for folks to see: https://youtu.be/dg4l3X9rJHw
 +
[9:04pm] Malt joined the chat room.
 +
[9:05pm] Malt: Hi pals
 +
[9:05pm] Pirate_Joe: Ahoy Malt
 +
[9:05pm] jokeefe: hi
 +
[9:05pm] jokeefe: Tech Meeting
 +
[9:05pm] Malt: Sam capradae, Worcester
 +
[9:05pm] jokeefe: I put the notes up.
 +
[9:06pm] jokeefe: It was successful meeting
 +
[9:06pm] Malt: Nice!
 +
[9:06pm] jokeefe: The new discussion list is at https://riot.im/app/#/room/#masspirates-discussion:matrix.org
 +
[9:07pm] jokeefe: The lists will be contained in the community: https://riot.im/app/#/group/+masspirates:matrix.org
 +
[9:08pm] jokeefe: I’ll update our page soon
 +
[9:08pm] igel: i've found there is a bridge on irc.pirateirc.net (i think its related to diasp.in)
 +
[9:08pm] jokeefe: thanks
 +
[9:08pm] jokeefe: still looking for a decision making/voting system. have some possibilities to take a look at
 +
[9:09pm] jokeefe: Projects
 +
[9:09pm] jokeefe: 12/16 Vigil to End Violence Against Sex Workers Protest
 +
[9:09pm] jokeefe: What time do we want to flyer on Sunday?
 +
[9:10pm] DesmondRavenstone: Is the flyering at BU book fair, Boston Common, or elsewhere?
 +
[9:10pm] Malt: I posted poetry slam dates
 +
[9:10pm] jokeefe: Was thinking of the Book fair
 +
[9:10pm] jokeefe: we can do the common another day was my thought
 +
[9:11pm] DesmondRavenstone: OK. If you can email me doc of flyer, I can post in cafes etc.
 +
[9:11pm] jokeefe: will do
 +
[9:11pm] Pirate_Joe: How much?
 +
[9:11pm] Pirate_Joe: Did it cost?
 +
[9:12pm] jokeefe: did you get a chance to write a shorter version?
 +
[9:12pm] Malt: Forward me a copy?
 +
[9:12pm] jokeefe: Will do
 +
[9:12pm] jokeefe: Will get it printed soon.
 +
[9:12pm] DesmondRavenstone: Have not. Idea for 1/4 or 1/2 page -- graphic on one side, text on the other.
 +
[9:12pm] jokeefe: ok
 +
[9:13pm] Pirate_Joe: Free to print due to it being your pc?
 +
[9:13pm] jokeefe: or at least an in-kind contribution
 +
[9:13pm] Malt: https://i.imgur.com/YgSI13Y.mp4
 +
[9:14pm] Malt: Sorry
 +
[9:14pm] igel: haa
 +
[9:14pm] jokeefe: What time Sunday for the flyering?  2:30-4:30pm work?
 +
[9:15pm] Pirate_Joe: Works for me
 +
[9:17pm] jokeefe: 2:30-4:30pm it is
 +
[9:18pm] Pirate_Joe: Starting location?
 +
[9:19pm] jokeefe: Front entrance. would be my thought, though I won’t be able to get there until 2:45 since I have to give a talk until 2:30pm
 +
[9:19pm] jokeefe: Keep your bytes secure from prying spies - http://bostonanarchistbookfair.org/workshops#keep
 +
[9:19pm] Malt: Awesome!
 +
[9:19pm] Malt: That's definitely the right crowd
 +
[9:20pm] igel: i've got to step away from keys for a min or 10, i'll hopefully be back soon
 +
[9:21pm] jokeefe: ok
 +
[9:21pm] Malt left the chat room. (Quit: https://webchat.pirateirc.net/)
  
 
   </nowiki>
 
   </nowiki>

Revision as of 22:22, 14 November 2018

Review

Tech Meeting

  • We had our tech meeting last Sunday.
  • We decided on using Matrix and updated our instance of the client.
  • We created a main discussion group to go with the conference group and put them into their own community. We need to update the landing page of our instance to list the existing groups and tell people about it.
  • Looked at our Loomio instance. The free version is limited to 10 people and larger numbers of people are likely too expensive. The source code is available, but it probably won't work on one of our hosting orders. jokeefe has reached out the the Netherlands Pirates to see how they have used it and what other tools they are using.

Decisions/Endorsements

Projects

12/16 Vigil to End Violence Against Sex Workers Protest

  • Flyering Sunday at the BAB/BU. What time?
  • Flyer/poster status
  • What are we recording at the flyering event?

H.R.6729 - Empowering Financial Institutions to Fight Human Trafficking Act of 2018

Video Newsletter

Regional Meetings

Newsletter

Topics for next one:

Statements

  • US S.1241 - Combating Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing, and Counterfeiting Act of 2017 - Approved our opposition to S.1241. Need statement (Joe)

Computer Donations

On hold until next week - https://piratenpad.de/p/MassPiratesComputerDonations

Other To Dos

FOSS Tutorials

Worcester farm group is interested in having some FOSS tutorials. Perhaps:

  • how to do basic labels in GIMP,
  • work through a few sample spreadsheets related to seed cost and
  • similarly applicable real-world situations, depending on the needs of the group

Basically how to do graph design & product management with open source tools. Malt will put together a one paragraph description of what we need and we can mail it out to ask pirates to help.

Tech/Outreach

  • install a Matrix server (jokeefe)
  • email Loomio invite to supporters (jokeefe)
  • set up torrents for PirateCon videos (creynolds)
  • post remaining audio for PirateCon talks (srevilak)

Upcoming Events

  • 11/17-18, Boston Anarchist Bookfair, Boston University, Boston*
  • 11/20, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Industry Lab, 288 Norfolk St, Cambridge
  • 11/27, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Industry Lab, 288 Norfolk St, Cambridge
  • 11/28, 6-9pm, Somerville Cryptoparty, The Sprouts, 339R Summer Street, Somerville
  • Nov, Boston-area Chapter Meeting
  • 12/4, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Industry Lab, 288 Norfolk St, Cambridge
  • 12/9, 1-3pm, Tech Meeting, Somerville
  • 12/11, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Industry Lab, 288 Norfolk St, Cambridge
  • 12/16, Vigil to End Violence Against Sex Workers, Boston Police Headquarters, Boston
  • 12/17, Intl Day to End Violence Against Sex Workers, Boston
  • 12/18, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Industry Lab, 288 Norfolk St, Cambridge
  • 12/25, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Industry Lab, 288 Norfolk St, Cambridge
  • 12/26?, 6-9pm, Somerville Cryptoparty, The Sprouts, 339R Summer Street, Somerville

Participants

Observers

  • ChanServ
  • hvxgr

Summary

Minutes

 


[9:02pm] jokeefe: Agenda: https://masspirates.org/wiki/November_14th,_2018_IRC_Meeting
[9:02pm] jokeefe: ids
[9:02pm] jokeefe: James O’Keefe, Somerville
[9:02pm] Pirate_Joe: Joseph Onoroski, Lowell
[9:03pm] DesmondRavenstone: Desmond Ravenstone, Boston (Roslindale)
[9:03pm] igel: William Fleurant, Arlington
[9:03pm] jokeefe: Anything to add to the agenda?
[9:03pm] Malt left the chat room. (Client Quit)
[9:04pm] Pirate_Joe: Just about the video news letter on SWR
[9:04pm] jokeefe: Should be on the agenda
[9:04pm] Pirate_Joe: For some reason, I thought the vigil was this week
[9:04pm] jokeefe: Review
[9:04pm] DesmondRavenstone: Have a link for a video from a South African SWR group for folks to see: https://youtu.be/dg4l3X9rJHw
[9:04pm] Malt joined the chat room.
[9:05pm] Malt: Hi pals
[9:05pm] Pirate_Joe: Ahoy Malt
[9:05pm] jokeefe: hi
[9:05pm] jokeefe: Tech Meeting
[9:05pm] Malt: Sam capradae, Worcester
[9:05pm] jokeefe: I put the notes up.
[9:06pm] jokeefe: It was successful meeting
[9:06pm] Malt: Nice!
[9:06pm] jokeefe: The new discussion list is at https://riot.im/app/#/room/#masspirates-discussion:matrix.org
[9:07pm] jokeefe: The lists will be contained in the community: https://riot.im/app/#/group/+masspirates:matrix.org
[9:08pm] jokeefe: I’ll update our page soon
[9:08pm] igel: i've found there is a bridge on irc.pirateirc.net (i think its related to diasp.in)
[9:08pm] jokeefe: thanks
[9:08pm] jokeefe: still looking for a decision making/voting system. have some possibilities to take a look at
[9:09pm] jokeefe: Projects
[9:09pm] jokeefe: 12/16 Vigil to End Violence Against Sex Workers Protest
[9:09pm] jokeefe: What time do we want to flyer on Sunday?
[9:10pm] DesmondRavenstone: Is the flyering at BU book fair, Boston Common, or elsewhere?
[9:10pm] Malt: I posted poetry slam dates
[9:10pm] jokeefe: Was thinking of the Book fair
[9:10pm] jokeefe: we can do the common another day was my thought
[9:11pm] DesmondRavenstone: OK. If you can email me doc of flyer, I can post in cafes etc.
[9:11pm] jokeefe: will do
[9:11pm] Pirate_Joe: How much?
[9:11pm] Pirate_Joe: Did it cost?
[9:12pm] jokeefe: did you get a chance to write a shorter version?
[9:12pm] Malt: Forward me a copy?
[9:12pm] jokeefe: Will do
[9:12pm] jokeefe: Will get it printed soon.
[9:12pm] DesmondRavenstone: Have not. Idea for 1/4 or 1/2 page -- graphic on one side, text on the other.
[9:12pm] jokeefe: ok
[9:13pm] Pirate_Joe: Free to print due to it being your pc?
[9:13pm] jokeefe: or at least an in-kind contribution
[9:13pm] Malt: https://i.imgur.com/YgSI13Y.mp4
[9:14pm] Malt: Sorry
[9:14pm] igel: haa 
[9:14pm] jokeefe: What time Sunday for the flyering?  2:30-4:30pm work?
[9:15pm] Pirate_Joe: Works for me
[9:17pm] jokeefe: 2:30-4:30pm it is
[9:18pm] Pirate_Joe: Starting location?
[9:19pm] jokeefe: Front entrance. would be my thought, though I won’t be able to get there until 2:45 since I have to give a talk until 2:30pm
[9:19pm] jokeefe: Keep your bytes secure from prying spies - http://bostonanarchistbookfair.org/workshops#keep
[9:19pm] Malt: Awesome!
[9:19pm] Malt: That's definitely the right crowd
[9:20pm] igel: i've got to step away from keys for a min or 10, i'll hopefully be back soon
[9:21pm] jokeefe: ok
[9:21pm] Malt left the chat room. (Quit: https://webchat.pirateirc.net/)