Difference between revisions of "November 7th, 2017 IRC Meeting"
(Created page with "== Review == * South Boston Cryptoparty == Decisions/Endorsements == * [https://malegislature.gov/Bills/190/H3641/ Bill H.3641: An Act relative to electronic tolling] is so...")
Revision as of 17:41, 7 November 2017
- 1 Review
- 2 Decisions/Endorsements
- 3 Projects
- 4 Other To Dos
- 5 Upcoming Events
- 6 Participants
- 7 Summary
- 8 Minutes
- South Boston Cryptoparty
- Bill H.3641: An Act relative to electronic tolling is something we should weigh in on. Past position is to remove the tolls on the Pike since it has long been paid for.
S.1241 - Combating Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing, and Counterfeiting Act of 2017
Approved our opposition to S.1241. Need statement (Joe)
Monthly Video Magazine
Planning for 2018 Elections & Organizing
- 11/18, Milford Training
- 12/9, Holyoke
- January: Boston
- February: Worcester
Once we set dates for the trainings we will put up a poll asking about our 2018 conference and whether to change it into several regional conferences.
In 2018, towns decide when their elections are held, but most are held in the first half of the year. State & county elections are in November. What offices are up in 2018 is listed here. We have been asked to hold a town election training in Milford this year.
Nomination papers for federal/state/county elections are available in mid-February. State/county candidates have until the end of May to gather all of their signatures, while federal candidates have until the end of July. The number of signatures needed vary from 150 for State Rep. to 2000 for US House of Representatives.
The electronic election for our officers went well in 2017, and we should consider doing it again. Such a change would allow us to decentralize our yearly conference and hold multiple regional conferences in different parts of the state. We could schedule monthly conferences starting in March or April. We could limit them to about 4-5 hours long, with the first half being training and the second half being discussion. If we want to go this route, we should ask our members soon and see who wants to organize their regional conference.
Digital Right of Repair
Details. Making calls to volunteers and members.
Other To Dos
Worcester farm group is interested in having some FOSS tutorials. Perhaps:
- how to do basic labels in GIMP,
- work through a few sample spreadsheets related to seed cost and
- similarly applicable real-world situations, depending on the needs of the group
Basically how to do graph design & product management with open source tools. Malt will put together a one paragraph description of what we need and we can mail it out to ask pirates to help.
- Review regular IRC meeting day. Poll sent to email list - Sent (jokeefe)
- email Loomio invite to supporters (jokeefe)
- set up torrents for PirateCon videos (creynolds)
- post remaining audio for PirateCon talks (srevilak)
- finish setup of myBB (jokeefe)
- install mattermost as slack alternative (jokeefe)
Mayfirst is looking at setting up a Discourse instance we could use.
- 11/11-12, Boston Anarchist Bookfair, Boston University George Sherman Union
- 11/18, 1pm-4pm, Town Government Workshop, Milford Public Library, 80 Spruce Street, Milford
- 11/29, 6-9pm, Somerville Cryptoparty, The Sprouts, 339R Summer Street, Somerville
- 12/17, Chelsea Manning's Birthday
- 12/27, 6-9pm, Somerville Cryptoparty, The Sprouts, 339R Summer Street, Somerville
See: 2017 calendar