Difference between revisions of "October 16th, 2019 IRC Meeting"

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search
(Created page with "== Review == == Decisions/Endorsements == == Projects == Goals for Q3: * Organize meetups * Organize election * Organize Fundraiser(s) * Organize candidate trainings * Revi...")
 
Line 16: Line 16:
 
Leader: jokeefe
 
Leader: jokeefe
  
 +
* [http://bostonanarchistbookfair.org Boston Anarchist Bookfair] is Nov. 9-10. at Boston University. We will join MassMesh in getting table.
 
* Holyoke Meetup, 11/24, 10:30am-3:30pm, Holyoke Public Library
 
* Holyoke Meetup, 11/24, 10:30am-3:30pm, Holyoke Public Library
 
* Worcester meetup moved to Spring 2020.
 
* Worcester meetup moved to Spring 2020.
* [http://bostonanarchistbookfair.org Boston Anarchist Bookfair] is Nov. 9-10. at Boston University. MassMesh is getting table. Would be a good to chip in for all or part of the table and use it for outreach.
 
  
 
=== Video Newsletter ===
 
=== Video Newsletter ===
Line 37: Line 37:
  
 
=== National Party ===
 
=== National Party ===
 
=== Computer Donations ===
 
 
* jokeefe contacted friend who refurbishes computers for a non-profit
 
* Archived https://piratenpad.de/p/MassPiratesComputerDonations - move to wiki
 
 
== Tasks ==
 
 
=== Statement on Alabama/Ohio/Georgia Abortion ban bills/laws ===
 
 
=== Fight bills to make the Film Credit Permanent ===
 
 
[https://malegislature.gov/Bills/191/H2419/ H.2419] would make the film tax credit permanent.  It is supposed to expire in 2023.  The bill has 100+ signatures this time around. jokeefe will submit testimony.
 
  
 
=== National Platform reform/remake ===
 
=== National Platform reform/remake ===
  
 
== Tabled Projects ==
 
== Tabled Projects ==
 
These have been on our agenda for a long time. How do we make them a reality?
 
  
 
=== Boston Sex Worker Petition ===
 
=== Boston Sex Worker Petition ===
  
===Non-pirate guest speakers for Pirate News===
+
=== Computer Donations ===
  
=== CCTV camera map ===
+
* jokeefe contacted friend who refurbishes computers for a non-profit
 
+
* Archived https://piratenpad.de/p/MassPiratesComputerDonations - move to wiki
=== Video Newsletter guest speakers===
 
  
 
=== FOSS Tutorials ===
 
=== FOSS Tutorials ===
Line 73: Line 57:
  
 
Basically how to do graph design & product management with open source tools. Malt will put together a one paragraph description of what we need and we can mail it out to ask pirates to help.
 
Basically how to do graph design & product management with open source tools. Malt will put together a one paragraph description of what we need and we can mail it out to ask pirates to help.
 +
 +
=== Fight bills to make the Film Credit Permanent ===
 +
 +
[https://malegislature.gov/Bills/191/H2419/ H.2419] would make the film tax credit permanent.  It is supposed to expire in 2023.  The bill has 100+ signatures this time around. jokeefe will submit testimony.
  
 
== Upcoming Events ==
 
== Upcoming Events ==

Revision as of 19:24, 16 October 2019

Review

Decisions/Endorsements

Projects

Goals for Q3:

  • Organize meetups
  • Organize election
  • Organize Fundraiser(s)
  • Organize candidate trainings
  • Revise platform

Regional Meetings/Events

Leader: jokeefe

  • Boston Anarchist Bookfair is Nov. 9-10. at Boston University. We will join MassMesh in getting table.
  • Holyoke Meetup, 11/24, 10:30am-3:30pm, Holyoke Public Library
  • Worcester meetup moved to Spring 2020.

Video Newsletter

Leader: Joseph

  • Next pirate news recording?

Democracy and Dogfood (Tech)

Next meeting will be November 2nd, 11am-1pm, E5. Topics are:

  • find discussion/voting system;
  • update CCTV cameras to include older cameras outside North America we didn't include;
  • write an app to record the location/ownership of CCTV cameras;
  • set up torrents for PirateCon videos (creynolds);
  • post remaining audio for PirateCon talks (srevilak).

National Party

National Platform reform/remake

Tabled Projects

Boston Sex Worker Petition

Computer Donations

FOSS Tutorials

Worcester farm group is interested in having some FOSS tutorials. Perhaps:

  • how to do basic labels in GIMP,
  • work through a few sample spreadsheets related to seed cost and
  • similarly applicable real-world situations, depending on the needs of the group

Basically how to do graph design & product management with open source tools. Malt will put together a one paragraph description of what we need and we can mail it out to ask pirates to help.

Fight bills to make the Film Credit Permanent

H.2419 would make the film tax credit permanent. It is supposed to expire in 2023. The bill has 100+ signatures this time around. jokeefe will submit testimony.

Upcoming Events

  • 10/21, 1-5pm, Right of Repair Hearing, Gardner Auditorium, State House, Boston
  • 10/22, 1-5pm, Facial Recognition Hearing, Room A-1, State House, Boston
  • 10/22, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 10/29, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 11/2, 11am-1pm, Democracy and Dogfood (Tech) Meeting, Encuentro 5, Boston
  • 11/5, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Industry Lab, Cambridge
  • 11/9-10, Boston Anarchist Bookfair, George Sherman Union, BU, Boston
  • 11/12, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Democracy Center, Cambridge
  • 11/19, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Encuentro 5, Boston
  • 11/24, 10:30am-3:30pm, Holyoke Pirate Meetup, Board Room, Holyoke Public Library, 250 Chestnut Street, Holyoke
  • 10/26, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • Spring 2020, ?, Worcester Meetup

Participants

Observers

  • davidd
  • hvxgr
  • Deffy

Summary

Minutes