Difference between revisions of "October 16th, 2019 IRC Meeting"

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search
Line 55: Line 55:
  
 
=== National Party ===
 
=== National Party ===
 
=== National Platform reform/remake ===
 
  
 
== Tabled Projects ==
 
== Tabled Projects ==

Revision as of 20:44, 16 October 2019

Review

Honk/XR Boston march

Decisions/Endorsements

Projects

Goals for Q3:

  • Organize meetups
  • Organize election
  • Organize Fundraiser(s)
  • Organize candidate trainings
  • Revise platform

Hearings next week

Two hearings coming up next:

  • Mon., 10/21, 1-5pm, Right of Repair Hearing, Gardner Auditorium, State House, Boston
  • Tue., 10/22, 1-5pm, Facial Recognition Hearing, Room A-1, State House, Boston

To do:

  • Email supporters
  • Put up blog posts
  • Create event sign up forms
  • Create events on other platforms
  • Promote on social media
  • Reminder email/blog posts

Regional Meetings/Events

Leader: jokeefe

  • Boston Anarchist Bookfair is Nov. 9-10. at Boston University. We will join MassMesh in getting table.
  • Holyoke Meetup, 11/24, 10:30am-3:30pm, Holyoke Public Library
  • Worcester meetup moved to Spring 2020.

Video Newsletter

Leader: Joseph

  • Next pirate news recording?

Democracy and Dogfood (Tech)

Next meeting will be November 2nd, 11am-1pm, E5. Topics are:

  • find discussion/voting system;
  • update CCTV cameras to include older cameras outside North America we didn't include;
  • write an app to record the location/ownership of CCTV cameras;
  • set up torrents for PirateCon videos (creynolds);
  • post remaining audio for PirateCon talks (srevilak).

National Party

Tabled Projects

Boston Sex Worker Petition

Computer Donations

FOSS Tutorials

Worcester farm group is interested in having some FOSS tutorials. Perhaps:

  • how to do basic labels in GIMP,
  • work through a few sample spreadsheets related to seed cost and
  • similarly applicable real-world situations, depending on the needs of the group

Basically how to do graph design & product management with open source tools. Malt will put together a one paragraph description of what we need and we can mail it out to ask pirates to help.

Fight bills to make the Film Credit Permanent

H.2419 would make the film tax credit permanent. It is supposed to expire in 2023. The bill has 100+ signatures this time around. jokeefe will submit testimony.

Upcoming Events

  • 10/21, 1-5pm, Right of Repair Hearing, Gardner Auditorium, State House, Boston
  • 10/22, 1-5pm, Facial Recognition Hearing, Room A-1, State House, Boston
  • 10/22, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 10/29, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 11/2, 11am-1pm, Democracy and Dogfood (Tech) Meeting, Encuentro 5, Boston
  • 11/5, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Industry Lab, Cambridge
  • 11/9-10, Boston Anarchist Bookfair, George Sherman Union, BU, Boston
  • 11/12, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Democracy Center, Cambridge
  • 11/19, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Encuentro 5, Boston
  • 11/24, 10:30am-3:30pm, Holyoke Pirate Meetup, Board Room, Holyoke Public Library, 250 Chestnut Street, Holyoke
  • 10/26, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • Spring 2020, ?, Worcester Meetup

Participants

Observers

  • igel[m]
  • davidd
  • hvxgr
  • Deffy
  • haskal[m]
  • MikaelaSuomalainen
  • ChanServ

Summary

Minutes

 



[9:06pm] jokeefe: Agenda: https://masspirates.org/wiki/October_16th,_2019_IRC_Meeting
[9:06pm] jokeefe: ids
[9:06pm] jokeefe: James O’Keefe, Somerville
[9:06pm] Pirate_Joe: Joseph Onoroski, Lowell
[9:06pm] jokeefe: Anything to add?
[9:07pm] Pirate_Joe: Nay
[9:07pm] Malt: Catherine seems I'll
[9:07pm] Malt: Ccan we send a card to our injured Ally?
[9:08pm] jokeefe: that is a good idea
[9:08pm] Pirate_Joe: Aye
[9:09pm] Malt: I can take lead
[9:09pm] jokeefe: Thanks!
[9:09pm] jokeefe: Review
[9:10pm] jokeefe: Honk/XR Boston march
[9:10pm] jokeefe: Well attended as you can see from the video I posted: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4XDynQvync
[9:11pm] jokeefe: Talked about how we can help. Have some ideas I will share on the list.
[9:12pm] Malt: Rad!
[9:12pm] Malt: Honk is a party
[9:12pm] jokeefe: It certainly is
[9:13pm] jokeefe: Projects
[9:14pm] jokeefe: BTW: We cannot march as a political party, but there were lots of non-party groups, so could march as a Pirate marching band
[9:14pm] jokeefe: Hearings next week
[9:14pm] jokeefe: There are two hearings next week.
[9:14pm] jokeefe: Monday is on Digital Right of Repair
[9:14pm] Malt: Huh!
[9:14pm] jokeefe: Tuesday is on Facial Recognition ban
[9:14pm] Malt: Drums are always good to bring
[9:14pm] jokeefe: both at the state house
[9:15pm] jokeefe: Yes, drums are good and easy
[9:15pm] jokeefe: Would need to practice, which is a good excuse to get together
[9:16pm] Malt left the chat room. (Quit: https://webchat.pirateirc.net/)
[9:18pm] Malt joined the chat room.
[9:18pm] jokeefe: ahoy
[9:18pm] Malt: I'm back
[9:18pm] Pirate_Joe: wb
[9:18pm] Malt: Sorry, I'm also prepping for a class tomorrow
[9:18pm] jokeefe: No worries. I put together a to do list:
[9:19pm] jokeefe: Email supporters
[9:19pm] jokeefe: Put up blog posts
[9:19pm] jokeefe: Create event sign up forms
[9:19pm] jokeefe: Creste Facebook events
[9:19pm] jokeefe: Promote on social media
[9:19pm] jokeefe: Reminder email/blog posts
[9:19pm] jokeefe: Anything to add to it?
[9:20pm] Malt: Trying to get two sets of subtitles on this Simpson's episode
[9:20pm] Malt: That seems fairly complete
[9:21pm] Malt: Are there other orgs to reach out to?
[9:21pm] jokeefe: ACLU is doing the lead on the face recognition hearing
[9:22pm] jokeefe: the right of repair have the other hearing
[9:22pm] jokeefe: so best to focus on our folks
[9:22pm] Malt: I saw a fella collecting signatures for r2r at the big y
[9:23pm] jokeefe: really? cool
[9:23pm] jokeefe: see a lot of RCV folks out getting signatures
[9:24pm] Malt left the chat room. (Quit: https://webchat.pirateirc.net/)
[9:24pm] Malt joined the chat room.
[9:25pm] jokeefe: So does the todo list look complete?
[9:25pm] Pirate_Joe: It does
[9:26pm] Malt left the chat room. (Client Quit)
[9:27pm] jokeefe: I can get some of the tasks like the email and blog post, but if there are others you would be willing to take, that would help
[9:28pm] Pirate_Joe: Promote on social media seems like I can get done.
[9:29pm] jokeefe: Thanks. Will send you the links by tomorrow.
[9:29pm] Malt joined the chat room.
[9:29pm] Pirate_Joe: kk, ty
[9:29pm] Malt: I have 4 kittens also
[9:29pm] Pirate_Joe: @jokeefe
[9:29pm] Pirate_Joe: I can get some of the tasks like the email and blog post, but if there are others you would be willing to take, that would help
[9:29pm] Pirate_Joe: Pirate_Joe
[9:29pm] Pirate_Joe: Promote on social media seems like I can get done.
[9:29pm] Pirate_Joe: @jokeefe
[9:29pm] Pirate_Joe: Thanks. Will send you the links by tomorrow.
[9:29pm] Pirate_Joe: → Malt has joined
[9:31pm] Malt: Haaaaaayyyy