Difference between revisions of "October 2nd, 2019 IRC Meeting"

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search
Line 235: Line 235:
 
[9:52pm] jokeefe: ahoy - fun in town government?
 
[9:52pm] jokeefe: ahoy - fun in town government?
 
[9:52pm] srevilak: aye
 
[9:52pm] srevilak: aye
 +
[9:53pm] jokeefe: Posted minutes at https://masspirates.org/wiki/October_2nd,_2019_IRC_Meeting#Minutes
 +
[9:53pm] • srevilak looks
 +
[9:53pm] Malt: Neat
 +
[9:55pm] srevilak: looking forward to watching protest video
 +
[9:55pm] jokeefe: Computer Donations - don’t have an update besides that I reached out to my friend again
 +
[9:56pm] srevilak: is the goal to get, or to give computers?
 +
[9:56pm] jokeefe: get to give
 +
[9:56pm] srevilak: I see
 +
[9:56pm] Joe: To redistribution
 +
[9:56pm] Joe: I have a place we can donate them to.
 +
[9:56pm] srevilak: nice
 +
[9:56pm] jokeefe: that works
 +
[9:57pm] Joe: I personnally know a nun that can get them to the needy.  We also have the wish project whom I can speak to that org's leaders and get something going.
 +
[9:57pm] jokeefe: I know this place fixes them
 +
[9:57pm] Joe: If they work, great. Or we could properly dispose of them as well
 +
[9:57pm] jokeefe: please find out more.
 +
[9:58pm] Joe: This is a process by which nothing goes to waste, so 0 impact on the enviroment.
 +
[9:58pm] Joe: *environment
 +
[9:58pm] Creynolds87: I like that
 +
[9:58pm] jokeefe: that is all I have. is there anything you all want to discuss?
 +
[9:59pm] Joe: We are 2 minutes to time, motion to adjourn
 +
[9:59pm] Creynolds87: Nay for me
  
  
 
   </nowiki>
 
   </nowiki>

Revision as of 20:59, 2 October 2019

Review

9/27 Flood the Seaport Protest

Decisions/Endorsements

Projects

Goals for Q3:

  • Organize meetups
  • Organize election
  • Organize Fundraiser(s)
  • Organize candidate trainings
  • Revise platform

Regional Meetings/Events

Leader: jokeefe

  • Looking at November for the Holyoke meetup.
  • Worcester meetup moved to Spring 2020.
  • Boston Anarchist Bookfair is Nov. 9-10. Location hasn't been announced. MassMesh is getting table. Would be a good to chip in for all or part of the table and use it for outreach.

Video Newsletter

Leader: Joseph

Democracy and Dogfood (Tech)

Next meeting will be October 5th, 11am-1pm, possibly at E5. Topics are:

  • find discussion/voting system;
  • update CCTV cameras to include older cameras outside North America we didn't include;
  • write an app to record the location/ownership of CCTV cameras;
  • set up torrents for PirateCon videos (creynolds);
  • post remaining audio for PirateCon talks (srevilak).

National Party

Computer Donations

Tasks

Statement on Alabama/Ohio/Georgia Abortion ban bills/laws

Fight bills to make the Film Credit Permanent

H.2419 would make the film tax credit permanent. It is supposed to expire in 2023. The bill has 100+ signatures this time around. jokeefe will submit testimony.

National Platform reform/remake

Tabled Projects

These have been on our agenda for a long time. How do we make them a reality?

Boston Sex Worker Petition

Non-pirate guest speakers for Pirate News

CCTV camera map

Video Newsletter guest speakers

FOSS Tutorials

Worcester farm group is interested in having some FOSS tutorials. Perhaps:

  • how to do basic labels in GIMP,
  • work through a few sample spreadsheets related to seed cost and
  • similarly applicable real-world situations, depending on the needs of the group

Basically how to do graph design & product management with open source tools. Malt will put together a one paragraph description of what we need and we can mail it out to ask pirates to help.

Upcoming Events

  • 10/5, 11am-1pm, Democracy and Dogfood (Tech) Meeting, Arlington
  • 10/8, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Democracy Center, Cambridge
  • 10/15, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Encuentro 5, Boston
  • 10/22, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 10/29, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 11/5, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Industry Lab, Cambridge
  • 11/9-10, Boston Anarchist Bookfair
  • 11/12, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Democracy Center, Cambridge
  • Nov/Dec, ?, Holyoke Pirate Meetup, Board Room, Holyoke Public Library, Holyoke
  • Spring 2020, ?, Worcester Pirate Meetup

Participants

Observers

  • bonelesspepsi[m]
  • davidd
  • hvxgr
  • MikaelaSuomalainen
  • Deffy
  • haskal[m]

Summary

Minutes

 


[9:04pm] jokeefe: Agenda: https://masspirates.org/wiki/October_2nd,_2019_IRC_Meeting
[9:04pm] Creynolds87: Ok
[9:04pm] jokeefe: ids
[9:04pm] jokeefe: James O’Keefe, Somerville
[9:04pm] jokeefe: anything to add?
[9:04pm] Joe: Joseph Onoroski, Lowell
[9:05pm] Creynolds87: Christine Reynolds, Cambridge
[9:05pm] Creynolds87: Nay for me
[9:05pm] Joe: Just something small
[9:05pm] Joe: I'll be on vacation later this month
[9:05pm] Malt: Sam capradae, Worcester
[9:06pm] jokeefe: have fun
[9:06pm] Joe: May I send over via a private message when I have the exact dates
[9:06pm] Joe: ?
[9:06pm] jokeefe: of course
[9:06pm] jokeefe: Review
[9:07pm] jokeefe: 9/27 Flood the Seaport Protest
[9:07pm] jokeefe: Posted a bunch of videos
[9:08pm] jokeefe: It was a great event
[9:08pm] Creynolds87: Big turnout?
[9:09pm] jokeefe: Enough to take over a bridge for a few hours - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmHYx-5pwX8&list=PLx2c_9B8YzXnRtbYo1ivh1svleL5Fsn_m&index=3
[9:09pm] Creynolds87: Awesome
[9:10pm] Malt: Wooot!
[9:10pm] jokeefe: New event planned on the 13th - https://www.xrmass.org/action/honk-parade/
[9:12pm] jokeefe: Projects - Regional Meetings/Events
[9:13pm] Malt: Have contacted stone soup
[9:13pm] Malt: Waiting on fee schedule now
[9:14pm] jokeefe: Thanks!
[9:14pm] Joe: I will check with the library next week for a possible event in November
[9:14pm] Joe: if that is ok
[9:15pm] jokeefe: Please do
[9:15pm] jokeefe: I reached out to Holyoke contact again, but haven’t heard back. Will try again this weekend. Next email blast, I’ll ask if others can host.
[9:16pm] jokeefe: Just not Nov 9-10, since Boston Anarchist Bookfair is then
[9:16pm] Joe: Are we expecting the proud boys again?
[9:17pm] jokeefe: I think they were patriot front, actually
[9:17pm] Joe: What's the difference?
[9:17pm] Malt: Pb are all turncoats
[9:18pm] jokeefe: One is more media friendly
[9:18pm] Malt: Org is compromised top to bottom.
[9:18pm] Malt: PF is serious shit
[9:19pm] jokeefe: Suggest we pay for part of a table at the bookfair. cost is $20-50, sliding scale
[9:19pm] Creynolds87: Aye
[9:20pm] Joe: Sounds good
[9:20pm] jokeefe: I say yes, of course
[9:20pm] jokeefe: any opposed?
[9:21pm] jokeefe: then we have a table then
[9:22pm] Joe: Jokeefe, I wish to fund this one personally, please let me know of the cost
[9:22pm] Malt: We should have a handout on how to make and distribute zines
[9:23pm] Joe: I would like to see a few pirate books there as well as how to run for office
[9:23pm] jokeefe: That sounds good. You offering to write it?
[9:23pm] jokeefe: I have some books. Could get some more
[9:23pm] Creynolds87: I second that Joe
[9:24pm] jokeefe: MassMesh will hopefully have some books as well
[9:24pm] Creynolds87: Nice
[9:24pm] Malt: Sure
[9:25pm] jokeefe: Thanks for the offer, Joe
[9:25pm] jokeefe: Thanks, Malt.
[9:25pm] Malt:
[9:25pm] Joe:
[9:26pm] Joe: maj
[9:26pm] Joe: major question, are there any other places we should go to?
[9:26pm] Joe: Such as doing a regional meeting in NH or Conn
[9:27pm] jokeefe: Got to check on Conn.
[9:27pm] jokeefe: Anyone want to talk to NH Pirates?
[9:27pm] jokeefe: Seabrook isn’t far away
[9:28pm] Joe: Seabrook is not far for me at all
[9:28pm] Joe: More east than anything
[9:28pm] Joe: I never did get their contact info though
[9:28pm] Creynolds87 left the chat room. (Quit: https://webchat.pirateirc.net/)
[9:28pm] Creynolds87 joined the chat room.
[9:28pm] Joe: wb
[9:29pm] jokeefe: Creynolds87 should know how to contact NH Pirates
[9:30pm] Joe: I don't think I have creynolds87 contact info either, lol
[9:30pm] Creynolds87: Yes, I can reach out to our party organizer there. I'm also helping him out from afar
[9:30pm] jokeefe: thanks!
[9:30pm] Joe: May have have your number and theirs as well?
[9:30pm] Creynolds87: Christinethepirate@protonmail.com
[9:30pm] Creynolds87: Let me pm you my cell
[9:31pm] Joe: Thank you
[9:31pm] jokeefe: Thanks to you both
[9:31pm] jokeefe: Move on to Video Newsletter?
[9:31pm] Creynolds87: Sent Joe
[9:31pm] Creynolds87: Ok
[9:31pm] Joe: I am sorry for missing last week, had to work suddenly
[9:32pm] Creynolds87: I also missed out because of all the chaos that goes along with moving
[9:33pm] jokeefe: sorta had it on my computer, but the audio had issues
[9:33pm] Creynolds87: No wifi here, so I'm going to have to figure out why audio isn't working during pirate news recordings from my phone
[9:33pm] Joe: could be an apple issue
[9:33pm] jokeefe: come on over!
[9:34pm] jokeefe: driver issue
[9:34pm] Creynolds87: I'm on android
[9:34pm] Creynolds87: I could also do that Jamie 
[9:36pm] jokeefe:
[9:36pm] jokeefe: So Video Newsletter - When to record it?
[9:37pm] Malt: I am slammed this weekend
[9:37pm] Malt: Friday maybe?
[9:37pm] Joe: Have court Friday
[9:37pm] jokeefe: I cannot do Friday night, unfortunately, but if others can, please do
[9:37pm] Joe: Plus Friday night we are doing the national meeting
[9:39pm] jokeefe: We have the tech meeting Saturday 11am-1pm.
[9:39pm] Joe: How about Monday at 8?
[9:40pm] Creynolds87: I could do that
[9:42pm] jokeefe: possible. an hour before the national meeting
[9:42pm] Joe: We can keep it brief
[9:42pm] Malt: Ok
[9:42pm] Creynolds87: Aye
[9:43pm] jokeefe: Monday 8pm then
[9:44pm] jokeefe: Joe, will you send out the hangout link?
[9:44pm] Joe: I would be happy to
[9:44pm] jokeefe: thanks
[9:45pm] jokeefe: Democracy and Dogfood (Tech)
[9:46pm] jokeefe: looking forward to the meeting at E5 this Saturday
[9:49pm] jokeefe: National Party will hopefully have the bank account open soon
[9:49pm] Joe: I am also running for chair
[9:49pm] Creynolds87: Nice
[9:49pm] jokeefe: Has anyone posted when candidates need to submit their nominations by?
[9:50pm] Joe: We have several positions that are not 100% filled, like Auditor.
[9:50pm] Joe: I don't think so, maybe I can send out an email tonight requesting all nominations be submitted to you
[9:51pm] jokeefe: That would be great!
[9:52pm] srevilak joined the chat room.
[9:52pm] srevilak: hi all
[9:52pm] Creynolds87: Hey srevilak
[9:52pm] srevilak: sorry -- meeting ran way late
[9:52pm] jokeefe: ahoy - fun in town government?
[9:52pm] srevilak: aye
[9:53pm] jokeefe: Posted minutes at https://masspirates.org/wiki/October_2nd,_2019_IRC_Meeting#Minutes
[9:53pm] • srevilak looks
[9:53pm] Malt: Neat
[9:55pm] srevilak: looking forward to watching protest video
[9:55pm] jokeefe: Computer Donations - don’t have an update besides that I reached out to my friend again
[9:56pm] srevilak: is the goal to get, or to give computers?
[9:56pm] jokeefe: get to give
[9:56pm] srevilak: I see
[9:56pm] Joe: To redistribution
[9:56pm] Joe: I have a place we can donate them to.
[9:56pm] srevilak: nice
[9:56pm] jokeefe: that works
[9:57pm] Joe: I personnally know a nun that can get them to the needy.  We also have the wish project whom I can speak to that org's leaders and get something going.
[9:57pm] jokeefe: I know this place fixes them
[9:57pm] Joe: If they work, great. Or we could properly dispose of them as well
[9:57pm] jokeefe: please find out more.
[9:58pm] Joe: This is a process by which nothing goes to waste, so 0 impact on the enviroment.
[9:58pm] Joe: *environment
[9:58pm] Creynolds87: I like that
[9:58pm] jokeefe: that is all I have. is there anything you all want to discuss?
[9:59pm] Joe: We are 2 minutes to time, motion to adjourn
[9:59pm] Creynolds87: Nay for me