October 2nd, 2019 IRC Meeting
- 1 Review
- 2 Decisions/Endorsements
- 3 Projects
- 4 Tasks
- 5 Tabled Projects
- 6 Upcoming Events
- 7 Participants
- 8 Summary
- 9 Minutes
9/27 Flood the Seaport Protest
- Videos posted at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emYClDDp-UM&list=PLx2c_9B8YzXnRtbYo1ivh1svleL5Fsn_m
- New set of protests starting October 7th
Goals for Q3:
- Organize meetups
- Organize election
- Organize Fundraiser(s)
- Organize candidate trainings
- Revise platform
- Looking at November for the Holyoke meetup.
- Worcester meetup moved to Spring 2020.
- Boston Anarchist Bookfair is Nov. 9-10. Location hasn't been announced. MassMesh is getting table. Would be a good to chip in for all or part of the table and use it for outreach.
Democracy and Dogfood (Tech)
Next meeting will be October 5th, 11am-1pm, possibly at E5. Topics are:
- find discussion/voting system;
- update CCTV cameras to include older cameras outside North America we didn't include;
- write an app to record the location/ownership of CCTV cameras;
- set up torrents for PirateCon videos (creynolds);
- post remaining audio for PirateCon talks (srevilak).
- jokeefe contacted friend who refurbishes computers for a non-profit
- Archived https://piratenpad.de/p/MassPiratesComputerDonations - move to wiki
Statement on Alabama/Ohio/Georgia Abortion ban bills/laws
Fight bills to make the Film Credit Permanent
H.2419 would make the film tax credit permanent. It is supposed to expire in 2023. The bill has 100+ signatures this time around. jokeefe will submit testimony.
National Platform reform/remake
These have been on our agenda for a long time. How do we make them a reality?
Boston Sex Worker Petition
Non-pirate guest speakers for Pirate News
CCTV camera map
Video Newsletter guest speakers
Worcester farm group is interested in having some FOSS tutorials. Perhaps:
- how to do basic labels in GIMP,
- work through a few sample spreadsheets related to seed cost and
- similarly applicable real-world situations, depending on the needs of the group
Basically how to do graph design & product management with open source tools. Malt will put together a one paragraph description of what we need and we can mail it out to ask pirates to help.
- 10/5, 11am-1pm, Democracy and Dogfood (Tech) Meeting, Arlington
- 10/8, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Democracy Center, Cambridge
- 10/15, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Encuentro 5, Boston
- 10/22, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
- 10/29, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
- 11/5, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Industry Lab, Cambridge
- 11/9-10, Boston Anarchist Bookfair
- 11/12, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Democracy Center, Cambridge
- Nov/Dec, ?, Holyoke Pirate Meetup, Board Room, Holyoke Public Library, Holyoke
- Spring 2020, ?, Worcester Pirate Meetup
[9:04pm] jokeefe: Agenda: https://masspirates.org/wiki/October_2nd,_2019_IRC_Meeting [9:04pm] Creynolds87: Ok [9:04pm] jokeefe: ids [9:04pm] jokeefe: James O’Keefe, Somerville [9:04pm] jokeefe: anything to add? [9:04pm] Joe: Joseph Onoroski, Lowell [9:05pm] Creynolds87: Christine Reynolds, Cambridge [9:05pm] Creynolds87: Nay for me [9:05pm] Joe: Just something small [9:05pm] Joe: I'll be on vacation later this month [9:05pm] Malt: Sam capradae, Worcester [9:06pm] jokeefe: have fun [9:06pm] Joe: May I send over via a private message when I have the exact dates [9:06pm] Joe: ? [9:06pm] jokeefe: of course [9:06pm] jokeefe: Review [9:07pm] jokeefe: 9/27 Flood the Seaport Protest [9:07pm] jokeefe: Posted a bunch of videos [9:08pm] jokeefe: It was a great event [9:08pm] Creynolds87: Big turnout? [9:09pm] jokeefe: Enough to take over a bridge for a few hours - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmHYx-5pwX8&list=PLx2c_9B8YzXnRtbYo1ivh1svleL5Fsn_m&index=3 [9:09pm] Creynolds87: Awesome [9:10pm] Malt: Wooot! [9:10pm] jokeefe: New event planned on the 13th - https://www.xrmass.org/action/honk-parade/ [9:12pm] jokeefe: Projects - Regional Meetings/Events [9:13pm] Malt: Have contacted stone soup [9:13pm] Malt: Waiting on fee schedule now [9:14pm] jokeefe: Thanks! [9:14pm] Joe: I will check with the library next week for a possible event in November [9:14pm] Joe: if that is ok [9:15pm] jokeefe: Please do [9:15pm] jokeefe: I reached out to Holyoke contact again, but haven’t heard back. Will try again this weekend. Next email blast, I’ll ask if others can host. [9:16pm] jokeefe: Just not Nov 9-10, since Boston Anarchist Bookfair is then [9:16pm] Joe: Are we expecting the proud boys again? [9:17pm] jokeefe: I think they were patriot front, actually [9:17pm] Joe: What's the difference? [9:17pm] Malt: Pb are all turncoats [9:18pm] jokeefe: One is more media friendly [9:18pm] Malt: Org is compromised top to bottom. [9:18pm] Malt: PF is serious shit [9:19pm] jokeefe: Suggest we pay for part of a table at the bookfair. cost is $20-50, sliding scale [9:19pm] Creynolds87: Aye [9:20pm] Joe: Sounds good [9:20pm] jokeefe: I say yes, of course [9:20pm] jokeefe: any opposed? [9:21pm] jokeefe: then we have a table then [9:22pm] Joe: Jokeefe, I wish to fund this one personally, please let me know of the cost [9:22pm] Malt: We should have a handout on how to make and distribute zines [9:23pm] Joe: I would like to see a few pirate books there as well as how to run for office [9:23pm] jokeefe: That sounds good. You offering to write it? [9:23pm] jokeefe: I have some books. Could get some more [9:23pm] Creynolds87: I second that Joe [9:24pm] jokeefe: MassMesh will hopefully have some books as well [9:24pm] Creynolds87: Nice [9:24pm] Malt: Sure [9:25pm] jokeefe: Thanks for the offer, Joe [9:25pm] jokeefe: Thanks, Malt. [9:25pm] Malt: [9:25pm] Joe: [9:26pm] Joe: maj [9:26pm] Joe: major question, are there any other places we should go to? [9:26pm] Joe: Such as doing a regional meeting in NH or Conn [9:27pm] jokeefe: Got to check on Conn. [9:27pm] jokeefe: Anyone want to talk to NH Pirates? [9:27pm] jokeefe: Seabrook isn’t far away [9:28pm] Joe: Seabrook is not far for me at all [9:28pm] Joe: More east than anything [9:28pm] Joe: I never did get their contact info though [9:28pm] Creynolds87 left the chat room. (Quit: https://webchat.pirateirc.net/) [9:28pm] Creynolds87 joined the chat room. [9:28pm] Joe: wb [9:29pm] jokeefe: Creynolds87 should know how to contact NH Pirates [9:30pm] Joe: I don't think I have creynolds87 contact info either, lol [9:30pm] Creynolds87: Yes, I can reach out to our party organizer there. I'm also helping him out from afar [9:30pm] jokeefe: thanks! [9:30pm] Joe: May have have your number and theirs as well? [9:30pm] Creynolds87: Christinethepirate@protonmail.com [9:30pm] Creynolds87: Let me pm you my cell [9:31pm] Joe: Thank you [9:31pm] jokeefe: Thanks to you both [9:31pm] jokeefe: Move on to Video Newsletter? [9:31pm] Creynolds87: Sent Joe [9:31pm] Creynolds87: Ok [9:31pm] Joe: I am sorry for missing last week, had to work suddenly [9:32pm] Creynolds87: I also missed out because of all the chaos that goes along with moving [9:33pm] jokeefe: sorta had it on my computer, but the audio had issues [9:33pm] Creynolds87: No wifi here, so I'm going to have to figure out why audio isn't working during pirate news recordings from my phone [9:33pm] Joe: could be an apple issue [9:33pm] jokeefe: come on over! [9:34pm] jokeefe: driver issue [9:34pm] Creynolds87: I'm on android [9:34pm] Creynolds87: I could also do that Jamie [9:36pm] jokeefe: [9:36pm] jokeefe: So Video Newsletter - When to record it? [9:37pm] Malt: I am slammed this weekend [9:37pm] Malt: Friday maybe? [9:37pm] Joe: Have court Friday [9:37pm] jokeefe: I cannot do Friday night, unfortunately, but if others can, please do [9:37pm] Joe: Plus Friday night we are doing the national meeting [9:39pm] jokeefe: We have the tech meeting Saturday 11am-1pm. [9:39pm] Joe: How about Monday at 8? [9:40pm] Creynolds87: I could do that [9:42pm] jokeefe: possible. an hour before the national meeting [9:42pm] Joe: We can keep it brief [9:42pm] Malt: Ok [9:42pm] Creynolds87: Aye [9:43pm] jokeefe: Monday 8pm then [9:44pm] jokeefe: Joe, will you send out the hangout link? [9:44pm] Joe: I would be happy to [9:44pm] jokeefe: thanks [9:45pm] jokeefe: Democracy and Dogfood (Tech) [9:46pm] jokeefe: looking forward to the meeting at E5 this Saturday [9:49pm] jokeefe: National Party will hopefully have the bank account open soon [9:49pm] Joe: I am also running for chair [9:49pm] Creynolds87: Nice [9:49pm] jokeefe: Has anyone posted when candidates need to submit their nominations by? [9:50pm] Joe: We have several positions that are not 100% filled, like Auditor. [9:50pm] Joe: I don't think so, maybe I can send out an email tonight requesting all nominations be submitted to you [9:51pm] jokeefe: That would be great! [9:52pm] srevilak joined the chat room. [9:52pm] srevilak: hi all [9:52pm] Creynolds87: Hey srevilak [9:52pm] srevilak: sorry -- meeting ran way late [9:52pm] jokeefe: ahoy - fun in town government? [9:52pm] srevilak: aye [9:53pm] jokeefe: Posted minutes at https://masspirates.org/wiki/October_2nd,_2019_IRC_Meeting#Minutes [9:53pm] • srevilak looks [9:53pm] Malt: Neat [9:55pm] srevilak: looking forward to watching protest video [9:55pm] jokeefe: Computer Donations - don’t have an update besides that I reached out to my friend again [9:56pm] srevilak: is the goal to get, or to give computers? [9:56pm] jokeefe: get to give [9:56pm] srevilak: I see [9:56pm] Joe: To redistribution [9:56pm] Joe: I have a place we can donate them to. [9:56pm] srevilak: nice [9:56pm] jokeefe: that works [9:57pm] Joe: I personnally know a nun that can get them to the needy. We also have the wish project whom I can speak to that org's leaders and get something going. [9:57pm] jokeefe: I know this place fixes them [9:57pm] Joe: If they work, great. Or we could properly dispose of them as well [9:57pm] jokeefe: please find out more. [9:58pm] Joe: This is a process by which nothing goes to waste, so 0 impact on the enviroment. [9:58pm] Joe: *environment [9:58pm] Creynolds87: I like that [9:58pm] jokeefe: that is all I have. is there anything you all want to discuss? [9:59pm] Joe: We are 2 minutes to time, motion to adjourn [9:59pm] Creynolds87: Nay for me [9:59pm] Creynolds87: Aye [9:59pm] srevilak: Creynolds87: nay to discuss, or nay to adjourn? [9:59pm] Creynolds87: Nay to discuss [9:59pm] Creynolds87: Aye to adjourn [9:59pm] jokeefe: if there isn’t anything more to discuss, then I am fine with adjourning [10:00pm] Malt: 2nd [10:00pm] jokeefe: all in favor? [10:00pm] srevilak: aye [10:00pm] Creynolds87: Aye [10:00pm] Malt: Aye [10:00pm] jokeefe: aye [10:00pm] Joe: aye [10:00pm] jokeefe: thanks all! [10:00pm] jokeefe: srevilak, would you get the summary? [10:00pm] Joe: gnight [10:00pm] srevilak: sure [10:00pm] Creynolds87: Have a goodnight all [10:00pm] Malt: Night!