Difference between revisions of "October 30th, 2019 IRC Meeting"

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search
 
Line 80: Line 80:
 
== Participants ==
 
== Participants ==
  
 
+
* Pirate_Joe: Joseph Onoroski, Lowell
 +
* jokeefe: James O’Keefe, Somerville
 +
* Malt: Sam capradae Worcester
  
 
=== Observers ===
 
=== Observers ===
Line 185: Line 187:
 
[9:44pm] Pirate_Joe: aye
 
[9:44pm] Pirate_Joe: aye
 
[9:45pm] jokeefe: aye
 
[9:45pm] jokeefe: aye
 +
[9:46pm] Malt: Ate
 +
[9:46pm] Pirate_Joe: Good night guys
 +
[9:46pm] Pirate_Joe left the chat room. (Quit: https://webchat.pirateirc.net/)
 +
[9:46pm] jokeefe: good night
  
  

Latest revision as of 20:47, 30 October 2019

Review

Decisions/Endorsements

Projects

Goals for Q3:

  • Organize meetups
  • Organize election
  • Organize Fundraiser(s)
  • Organize candidate trainings
  • Revise platform

Regional Meetings/Events

Leader: jokeefe

  • Boston Anarchist Bookfair is Nov. 9-10. at Boston University. We will join MassMesh in getting table.
  • Holyoke Meetup, 11/24, 10:30am-3:30pm, Holyoke Public Library
  • Worcester meetup moved to Spring 2020.

Video Newsletter

Leader: Joseph

  • Next pirate news recording?

Democracy and Dogfood (Tech)

Next meeting will be November 2nd, 11am-1pm, E5. Topics are:

  • find discussion/voting system;
  • update CCTV cameras to include older cameras outside North America we didn't include;
  • write an app to record the location/ownership of CCTV cameras;
  • set up torrents for PirateCon videos (creynolds);
  • post remaining audio for PirateCon talks (srevilak).

National Party

Tabled Projects

Boston Sex Worker Petition

Computer Donations

FOSS Tutorials

Worcester farm group is interested in having some FOSS tutorials. Perhaps:

  • how to do basic labels in GIMP,
  • work through a few sample spreadsheets related to seed cost and
  • similarly applicable real-world situations, depending on the needs of the group

Basically how to do graph design & product management with open source tools. Malt will put together a one paragraph description of what we need and we can mail it out to ask pirates to help.

Fight bills to make the Film Credit Permanent

H.2419 would make the film tax credit permanent. It is supposed to expire in 2023. The bill has 100+ signatures this time around. jokeefe will submit testimony.

Upcoming Events

  • 11/2, 11am-1pm, Democracy and Dogfood (Tech) Meeting, Encuentro 5, Boston
  • 11/5, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Industry Lab, Cambridge
  • 11/9-10, Boston Anarchist Bookfair, George Sherman Union, BU, Boston
  • 11/12, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Democracy Center, Cambridge
  • 11/19, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Encuentro 5, Boston
  • 11/24, 10:30am-3:30pm, Holyoke Pirate Meetup, Board Room, Holyoke Public Library, 250 Chestnut Street, Holyoke
  • 11/26, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 12/?, 11am-1pm, Democracy and Dogfood (Tech) Meeting, Encuentro 5, Boston
  • 12/3, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Industry Lab, Cambridge
  • 12/10, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Democracy Center, Cambridge
  • 12/17, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Encuentro 5, Boston
  • 12/24, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • Spring 2020, ?, Worcester Meetup
  • Spring 2020, ?, Springfield Meetup
  • Spring 2020, ?, Boston Meetup

Participants

  • Pirate_Joe: Joseph Onoroski, Lowell
  • jokeefe: James O’Keefe, Somerville
  • Malt: Sam capradae Worcester

Observers

  • igel[m]
  • davidd
  • hvxgr
  • Deffy
  • haskal[m]
  • MikaelaSuomalainen
  • ChanServ

Summary

Minutes

 


[9:03pm] jokeefe: Agenda: https://masspirates.org/wiki/October_30th,_2019_IRC_Meeting
[9:03pm] jokeefe: ids
[9:04pm] Pirate_Joe: Joseph Onoroski, Lowell
[9:05pm] jokeefe: James O’Keefe, Somerville
[9:05pm] jokeefe: anything to add to the agenda?
[9:05pm] Malt: Sam capradae Worcester
[9:07pm] Pirate_Joe: Nay
[9:07pm] jokeefe: Projects
[9:07pm] jokeefe: Regional Meetings/Events
[9:07pm] jokeefe: Setting up crew events and FB events
[9:08pm] jokeefe: Should be done by tomorrow
[9:08pm] Malt: Yay!
[9:09pm] jokeefe: Malt, any update about space in Worcester? Might sometime in the April work?
[9:10pm] Malt: I am having difficult y getting ahold of stone soup folk
[9:10pm] Malt: April will work I just gotta bug dudes to make it happen
[9:10pm] jokeefe: Thanks.
[9:12pm] jokeefe: There might be a lobbying day for various 4th amendment related bills in January.  More when I know it.
[9:13pm] jokeefe: Video Newsletter
[9:13pm] jokeefe: Joe, you suggested Sunday at 6pm?
[9:14pm] Pirate_Joe: I did, though now I have unfortunate news....
[9:14pm] Malt: Lol
[9:14pm] Malt: Saturday?
[9:14pm] Pirate_Joe: Due to the latest update from windows, my duel graphics cards can not be updated.
[9:14pm] Malt:
[9:14pm] Pirate_Joe: I'll looking at a reduced size window and I can only get one monitor to work.
[9:15pm] Pirate_Joe: Until I can fix this by either updating my PC (major overhaul) or waiting for them to patch the latest driver to a buggy new windows 10......
[9:16pm] Pirate_Joe: That said, because you were having issues with recording yourself, I think we may have to table it until further notice.
[9:16pm] jokeefe: I’ll setup recording on one of my boxes
[9:16pm] jokeefe: What time works?
[9:17pm] Pirate_Joe: Sunday morning, but I'll have to do the recording from my phone.
[9:17pm] Pirate_Joe: It did not seem to give many issues other than picking up background sounds, so I'll go somewhere quite.
[9:17pm] Malt: I'd like us to start at 10 sharp? I've got stuff in western mass Sunday
[9:18pm] Malt: So I don't have a lot of time
[9:18pm] jokeefe: 10am should be ok
[9:18pm] Pirate_Joe: Agreed
[9:19pm] jokeefe: ok. Will send out email
[9:20pm] jokeefe: to the activists list telling people when we will record
[9:20pm] jokeefe: Democracy and Dogfood (Tech)
[9:20pm] jokeefe: Sent out one announcement and reminded democracy list
[9:21pm] jokeefe: Will send out another email blast
[9:22pm] jokeefe: National Party
[9:22pm] jokeefe: elections held - https://blog.pirate-party.us/welcome-new-officers-2/
[9:23pm] jokeefe: Malt, what evenings work better for you than Mondays?
[9:24pm] Malt: Evenings? None lol
[9:25pm] Malt: I work till 9
[9:26pm] Malt: Would have to be Wednesday
[9:27pm] jokeefe: What about weekends?
[9:28pm] Malt: I'm usually busy with friends or a family thing
[9:28pm] jokeefe: ok
[9:28pm] jokeefe: thanks
[9:29pm] jokeefe: any others national updates, Pirate_Joe?
[9:31pm] Pirate_Joe: We need to fill addition spots, such as Vice-Chair.  I plan to get the next agenda out tomorrow night.  Since I lost a manager at work, I've been a bit swamped.  Looking to start a few new people but and just promoted another but until I get those positions filled I'll have my back to the wall.
[9:32pm] Pirate_Joe: That said, I still need to get down to Rockland and open up a national account. If you have sometime, would you like to assist me with that?
[9:32pm] Malt: It would have to be after December
[9:32pm] Malt: I don't have time to commit to the national party
[9:33pm] jokeefe: I can help with opening the bank account
[9:33pm] Malt: I am already failing in my commitments to the state apparatus
[9:33pm] jokeefe: Any luck with the card for Christine?
[9:33pm] Pirate_Joe: Malt, I would love to have you as the Vice-chair.  There your duties would be easy, just have to back me up.
[9:34pm] jokeefe: lol. independently of course
[9:34pm] Malt: I'd rather focus on local matters
[9:34pm] Pirate_Joe: We would talk a lot more, maybe I could grab you a coffee from time to time.
[9:34pm] jokeefe: sound plan
[9:34pm] Pirate_Joe: Understandable.  No worries.
[9:35pm] jokeefe: Malt, if it is ok, I’ll get a card and bring it to the tech meeting Saturday.  We can figure out how to get other signatures/notes.
[9:36pm] Malt: Sorry, I missed context, what's happening Saturday?
[9:37pm] jokeefe: tech meeting
[9:37pm] Malt: I thought we were filming Sunday
[9:39pm] Malt: I'm needed for a thing Saturday? What time and where?
[9:39pm] jokeefe: separate events
[9:39pm] jokeefe: don’t worry about it. it is the monthly tech meetup
[9:40pm] jokeefe: https://masspirates.org/blog/2019/10/24/tech-meeting-sat-nov-2nd/
[9:40pm] Malt: I don't think I am going to make it
[9:40pm] jokeefe: that’s ok
[9:40pm] jokeefe: ok with me getting the card?
[9:40pm] jokeefe: for Christine?
[9:41pm] Malt: OH
[9:41pm] Malt: yes please
[9:42pm] jokeefe: will do
[9:42pm] jokeefe: anything else to discuss?
[9:43pm] Pirate_Joe: motion to adjourn
[9:44pm] jokeefe: 2nd
[9:44pm] jokeefe: all in favor?
[9:44pm] Pirate_Joe: aye
[9:45pm] jokeefe: aye
[9:46pm] Malt: Ate
[9:46pm] Pirate_Joe: Good night guys
[9:46pm] Pirate_Joe left the chat room. (Quit: https://webchat.pirateirc.net/)
[9:46pm] jokeefe: good night