October 7th, 2020 IRC Meeting

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search



Choose Date for Party Conference

Votes were:

  • November 7th-8th. - 4
  • November 14th-15th. - 3
  • November 21st-22nd. - 3
  • December 5th-6th. - 3
  • December 12th-13th. - 3


Goals for Q3 2020:

  • Organize meetups
  • Revise platform
  • Organize Fundraiser
  • Organize candidate trainings

Video Newsletter/Podcast

Leader: Joseph

  • Next pirate news recording scheduled for Sunday, 7pm unless changed

Democracy and Dogfood (Tech)

Work continues on streaming options.

Next one set for for 10/10, 11am-1pm

Regional Meetings/Events

Leader: jokeefe

  • Surveillance Mapping Event
    • Come up with a how to instructions
      • Paper - done
      • iPhone - done
      • Android
    • Come up with how to videos
    • Boston (jokeefe) - Sept 12th - done
    • Worcester (Malt) - Oct 17th
  • Party Conference
    • Working on streaming options
    • Posted date survey. due 9/25
  • Nov. Anarchist Book Fair
  • 2021 Boston Pride Festival
    • table booked
    • setup signup sheet
    • Announce
    • Need to purchase insurance
    • Need volunteer sign up form
    • Tie to an activity, mapping the CCTV cameras in Boston or along the Pride parade route?


  • Free the Moderna Vaccine
    • Planning meeting upcoming. Contact jokeefe for details if you want to attend.
    • Planning new event
  • Yes on 1
    • Post on our support for it
    • Who could reach out to campaign to ask how we can help?
  • Yes on 2
    • Post reminder of our support for it
    • jokeefe reached out to campaign on helping. Will followup.
    • Yard signs available.



  • EARN IT Act
  • PATRIOT Act renewal


  • Legislature extended session
  • Push to get Right to Repair bill to a vote.
  • Some of facial recognition moratorium is in the police reform bill

Computer donations

Platform Discussion

Moved to 2020 Platform Discussion

Other To Do

  • Application to PPI
  • Post statement on Archive.org Suit
  • Post statement on our support for Question 1: open access to vehicle telematics systems.
  • Post statement on our opposition to S.4051 - Lawful Access to Encrypted Data Act.
  • Post statement on retaining section 230 protections. Docket RM-11862. Per TechDirt, 9/17 is the last date for submissions for the 2nd round. - done

Tabled Projects

National Party

FOSS Tutorials

Worcester farm group is interested in having some FOSS tutorials. Perhaps:

  • how to do basic labels in GIMP,
  • work through a few sample spreadsheets related to seed cost and
  • similarly applicable real-world situations, depending on the needs of the group

Basically how to do graph design & product management with open source tools. Malt will put together a one paragraph description of what we need and we can mail it out to ask pirates to help.

Upcoming Events

  • Every Tuesday, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, on-line
  • 10/10, 11am-1pm, Democracy and Dogfood (Tech) Meeting, on-line
  • 10/17, Worcester Surveillance Mapping Outing, Downtown Worcester
  • Fall, Party Conference


  • jokeefe: James O’Keefe, Somerville
  • Joe: Joseph Onoroski, Lowell
  • Malt: Sam capradae Worcester


  • ChanServ
  • hvxgr
  • Deffy
  • mikey


Date of party conference set for November 14th-15th.

Pirate News recording set for Sunday, 7pm start, 7:30pm live start. jokeefe will schedule.



[9:05pm] jokeefe: Agenda: https://masspirates.org/wiki/October_7th,_2020_IRC_Meeting
[9:05pm] jokeefe: ids
[9:05pm] jokeefe: Anything to add?
[9:05pm] jokeefe: James O’Keefe, Somerville
[9:05pm] Joe: Joseph Onoroski, Lowell
[9:06pm] jokeefe: Decisions/Endorsements
[9:06pm] jokeefe: Choose Date for Party Conference
[9:06pm] jokeefe: Votes were:
[9:06pm] jokeefe: November 7th-8th. - 4
[9:06pm] jokeefe: November 14th-15th. - 3
[9:06pm] jokeefe: November 21st-22nd. - 3
[9:06pm] jokeefe: December 5th-6th. - 3
[9:06pm] jokeefe: December 12th-13th. - 3
[9:07pm] Malt joined the chat room.
[9:07pm] jokeefe: ahoy
[9:07pm] Joe: split right down the middle.
[9:07pm] Malt: Sam capradae Worcester
[9:07pm] jokeefe: going over the date of the party conference
[9:07pm] jokeefe: Votes were:
[9:07pm] jokeefe: November 7th-8th. - 4
[9:07pm] jokeefe: November 14th-15th. - 3
[9:07pm] jokeefe: November 21st-22nd. - 3
[9:07pm] jokeefe: December 5th-6th. - 3
[9:07pm] jokeefe: December 12th-13th. - 3
[9:08pm] Malt: Cool, if I drop it's cuz I am in the woods
[9:08pm] Malt: JFC that's a split
[9:08pm] Malt: If it's virtual let's go the 7th
[9:08pm] Malt: We will be able to react to whatever the election situation ruin is
[9:08pm] jokeefe: my concern is that give us a month to get things ready
[9:09pm] jokeefe: plus the election is going on
[9:11pm] jokeefe: thoughts?
[9:12pm] Joe: thing is that our con will be all about the election. though that is how everyone voted.
[9:12pm] Malt: 14th then?
[9:13pm] jokeefe: Another week is good
[9:14pm] jokeefe: Joe are you ok with the 14th?
[9:14pm] Joe: I am ok with any date.
[9:15pm] Malt:
[9:16pm] jokeefe: November 14th-15th it is then.
[9:16pm] jokeefe: Pence is purposely going over time
[9:17pm] jokeefe: Projects
[9:17pm] jokeefe: Video Newsletter/Podcast
[9:18pm] jokeefe: Sunday, 7pm start, 7:30pm live start?
[9:18pm] Joe: sounds good but I will have a baby pirate with me.
[9:19pm] jokeefe: later?
[9:19pm] Joe: I have my good mic though
[9:19pm] jokeefe: cool
[9:19pm] Malt left the chat room. (Ping timeout: 258 seconds)
[9:20pm] Joe: thing is he only has been wanting me of late.
[9:20pm] jokeefe: been there
[9:20pm] Joe: it's grew
[9:21pm] Joe: great but oyi
[9:21pm] jokeefe: keep it to Sunday, 7pm start, 7:30pm live start?
[9:22pm] Joe: yes
[9:22pm] jokeefe: great. I will schedule it on youtube send your the connection details
[9:23pm] Joe: sorry, i have to go. my eldest is having trouble.
[9:23pm] jokeefe: no worries
[9:23pm] jokeefe: meeting adjourned