October 9th, 2019 IRC Meeting
- 1 Review
- 2 Decisions/Endorsements
- 3 Projects
- 4 Tasks
- 5 Tabled Projects
- 6 Upcoming Events
- 7 Participants
- 8 Summary
- 9 Minutes
Goals for Q3:
- Organize meetups
- Organize election
- Organize Fundraiser(s)
- Organize candidate trainings
- Revise platform
- Holyoke Meetup, 11/24, 10:30am-3:30pm, Holyoke Public Library
- Worcester meetup moved to Spring 2020.
- Boston Anarchist Bookfair is Nov. 9-10. at Boston University. MassMesh is getting table. Would be a good to chip in for all or part of the table and use it for outreach.
- Next pirate news recording?
Democracy and Dogfood (Tech)
Next meeting will be November 2nd, 11am-1pm, E5. Topics are:
- find discussion/voting system;
- update CCTV cameras to include older cameras outside North America we didn't include;
- write an app to record the location/ownership of CCTV cameras;
- set up torrents for PirateCon videos (creynolds);
- post remaining audio for PirateCon talks (srevilak).
- jokeefe contacted friend who refurbishes computers for a non-profit
- Archived https://piratenpad.de/p/MassPiratesComputerDonations - move to wiki
Statement on Alabama/Ohio/Georgia Abortion ban bills/laws
Fight bills to make the Film Credit Permanent
H.2419 would make the film tax credit permanent. It is supposed to expire in 2023. The bill has 100+ signatures this time around. jokeefe will submit testimony.
National Platform reform/remake
These have been on our agenda for a long time. How do we make them a reality?
Boston Sex Worker Petition
Non-pirate guest speakers for Pirate News
CCTV camera map
Video Newsletter guest speakers
Worcester farm group is interested in having some FOSS tutorials. Perhaps:
- how to do basic labels in GIMP,
- work through a few sample spreadsheets related to seed cost and
- similarly applicable real-world situations, depending on the needs of the group
Basically how to do graph design & product management with open source tools. Malt will put together a one paragraph description of what we need and we can mail it out to ask pirates to help.
- 10/12-13, HONK! & XR protest, Somerville
- 10/15, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Encuentro 5, Boston
- 10/21, 1-5pm, Right of Repair Hearing, Gardner Auditorium, State House, Boston
- 10/22, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
- 10/29, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
- 11/2, 11am-1pm, Tech Meeting, Encuentro 5, Boston
- 11/5, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Industry Lab, Cambridge
- 11/9-10, Boston Anarchist Bookfair, George Sherman Union, BU, Boston
- 11/?, 11am-1pm, Democracy and Dogfood (Tech) Meeting, Arlington
- 11/12, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Democracy Center, Cambridge
- 11/24, 10:30am-3:30pm, Holyoke Meetup, Holyoke Public Library, 250 Chestnut Street, Holyoke
- Nov/Dec, ?, Holyoke Pirate Meetup, Board Room, Holyoke Public Library, Holyoke
- Spring 2020, ?, Worcester Meetup
[9:07pm] jokeefe: Agenda: https://masspirates.org/wiki/October_9th,_2019_IRC_Meeting [9:07pm] jokeefe: ids [9:07pm] Malt: Aw! [9:07pm] jokeefe: James O’Keefe, Somerville [9:07pm] Malt: Sam capradae, Worcester [9:07pm] jokeefe: anything to add? [9:07pm] Malt: Nyet! [9:09pm] jokeefe: Skipping to Projects [9:09pm] jokeefe: Regional Meetings/Events [9:09pm] jokeefe: Holyoke meetup is set for 11/24 [9:09pm] Malt: Nice [9:11pm] jokeefe: Boston Anarchist Bookfair will be at BU again this year [9:11pm] Malt: When? I agreed to find a zine guide to distribute [9:12pm] jokeefe: 11/9 and 11/10 [9:12pm] jokeefe: Thanks. And thanks for pursuing the Worcester meetup location [9:13pm] jokeefe: Video Newsletter [9:13pm] Malt: Course, it's surprisingly difficult [9:13pm] jokeefe: How did the recording go? [9:14pm] Malt: I wasn't available [9:15pm] jokeefe: Should we email for when the next one will be?