Difference between revisions of "September 11th, 2019 IRC Meeting"

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search
Line 161: Line 161:
 
[9:21pm] Malt left the chat room. (Quit: https://webchat.pirateirc.net/)
 
[9:21pm] Malt left the chat room. (Quit: https://webchat.pirateirc.net/)
 
[9:21pm] jokeefe: will get more details and send a schedule out by this Saturday, if not earlier
 
[9:21pm] jokeefe: will get more details and send a schedule out by this Saturday, if not earlier
 +
[9:21pm] Creynolds87: okay sounds good
 +
[9:22pm] Malt joined the chat room.
 +
[9:22pm] Malt left the chat room. (Client Quit)
 +
[9:23pm] Malt joined the chat room.
 +
[9:24pm] Joe: Do you also want to do something at the FR?
 +
[9:25pm] jokeefe: We are nearby, but I think we will be too busy during or too tired after
 +
[9:27pm] jokeefe: let’s see how we feel
 +
[9:27pm] Creynolds87: ok
 +
[9:27pm] jokeefe: what do you all think?
 +
[9:27pm] Malt: I can't commit
 +
[9:27pm] Creynolds87: yay from me
 +
[9:28pm] Joe: I already blocked off the my schedule for that day.  I'm down for whatever.
 +
[9:28pm] Joe: Lets see how we are doing at the end. If we want, we can go paper the FR
 +
[9:28pm] Joe: Bring the GoPro
 +
[9:29pm] jokeefe: will do.
 +
[9:29pm] jokeefe: Regional Meetings
 +
[9:30pm] jokeefe: I haven’t heard back about Holyoke, unfortunately. Any luck with Worcester, Malt?
 +
[9:30pm] Malt: I've not had the time, and the worcshop is closing doors and moving to Spencer
 +
[9:31pm] jokeefe: oh dang.
 +
[9:31pm] jokeefe: Public library?
 +
[9:32pm] Malt: Construction, but I'll try and look into it
 +
[9:33pm] jokeefe: thanks
 +
[9:34pm] jokeefe: Video Newsletter - up to try recording Saturday?
 +
[9:34pm] Creynolds87: Sounds good to me
 +
[9:34pm] Malt: If I'm not asleep for this one, sure
 +
[9:35pm] jokeefe: Joe?
 +
[9:35pm] Joe: I have been reading over the MASSCann policies.....I can say I am very disappointed
 +
[9:35pm] Joe: Sorry
 +
[9:35pm] Joe: I would have to do evenings
 +
[9:35pm] Joe: https://masscann.org/boston-freedom-rally/faq/
 +
[9:35pm] Joe: 7:30 pm work?
 +
[9:36pm] Creynolds87: I'm probably going to have to do it from my pc, with just a mic (webcam is busted). Can't seem to figure out why I'm not getting audio on my phone
 +
[9:36pm] Joe: I still need to do a test run, which I plan to do on Friday
 +
[9:37pm] jokeefe: 7:30pm works. not too late or too early
 +
[9:38pm] Creynolds87: that's for this saturday, the 14th, correct?
 +
[9:39pm] jokeefe: yes
 +
[9:39pm] Joe: My PC needs some serious upgrades.  I have been focusing my money on growing my company of late but I will be getting a few more upgrades in the near future.
 +
[9:39pm] Malt: Shiny
 +
[9:40pm] jokeefe: 7:30pm work then?
 +
[9:40pm] Joe: Aye
 +
[9:41pm] Creynolds87: Aye
 +
[9:42pm] jokeefe: ok then. thanks
 +
[9:42pm] jokeefe: No update on Democracy and Dogfood (Tech) besides that it is set for October 5th at E5
 +
[9:43pm] jokeefe: Joe, would you update us on the National Party?
 +
[9:44pm] Joe: Currently, the new by-laws have been approved and we set a date to redo the elections in a month
 +
[9:44pm] Joe: Nominations are due 10/7 and we vote one week later
 +
[9:45pm] Joe: We also have a potential presidential candidate though some questions have been raised.
 +
[9:45pm] Joe: Megan is currently investigating.
 +
[9:46pm] Joe: That said, she is said to present why she would be a good pirate candidate at our next meeting, so if possible please attend
 +
[9:46pm] Joe: Your voice will be appreciated.
 +
[9:47pm] Joe: We will also be working on a new system in order to contact all pirates the way our activist list works for us in MA
 +
[9:47pm] jokeefe: ok. we would need go gather 15,000 signatures to get a presidential candidate on the ballot unless we did a write in
 +
[9:47pm] Joe: Just on a national level.
 +
[9:47pm] Joe: tbh, I'm not sure she is someone we would back.
 +
[9:48pm] Malt: Dunno how a presidential candidate would assist with movement building
 +
[9:48pm] jokeefe: might be good to establish our platform first
 +
[9:48pm] Malt: Seems like we lack a lot of the infrastructure for that
 +
[9:48pm] Joe: I agree Malt
 +
[9:48pm] Malt: I'm still down to act in am advisory capacity with the national party
 +
[9:48pm] Malt: I just question if I have the time to commit
 +
[9:48pm] jokeefe: my concerns as well, Malt, especially with all focus on anti-Trump vs Trump
 +
[9:48pm] Malt: To a full position
 +
[9:48pm] Creynolds87: I see it as an opportunity to raise awareness of our party
 +
[9:49pm] Joe: We still have quite a bit of work on our platform before we can really run anyone as well.
 +
[9:49pm] Creynolds87: Nothing more however
 +
[9:49pm] Creynolds87: at a big taxing cost
 +
[9:49pm] Joe: Why waste our resources?
 +
[9:49pm] jokeefe: Local candidates are better though, Creynolds87
 +
[9:49pm] Creynolds87: right
 +
[9:50pm] Creynolds87: I understand that, they stand a much better chance of getting elected and help change things at the local level
 +
[9:50pm] Joe: When we have a fully established platform, then we can move forward with running people.  I would rather see us focused on state and local than something so flashy
 +
[9:50pm] Creynolds87: That's very true
 +
[9:50pm] Creynolds87: Good point @Joe
 +
[9:51pm] Joe: However, if she is willing to provide her own funds, I would be happy to assist if she is true to our values
 +
[9:51pm] Joe: Part of campaigning is raising funds
 +
[9:52pm] jokeefe: aye that
 +
[9:53pm] jokeefe: I think that covers it
 +
[9:53pm] Joe: https://www.facebook.com/designanddraft?fref=search&__tn__=%2Cd%3C-R&eid=ARDBs_C5LBNiV9RLGR-VUXNwkTzs03FMTX4iEUlF5sjKogFDBqykQlSxFZyc2AVID8UlYe-2GYk8Yoa3
 +
[9:53pm] jokeefe: thanks
 +
[9:53pm] jokeefe: should we adjourn?
 +
[9:53pm] Malt: Ok
 +
[9:53pm] Joe: 2nd
 +
[9:53pm] Creynolds87: 3rd
 +
[9:54pm] Joe: All in favor?
 +
[9:54pm] Creynolds87: aye
 +
[9:54pm] Joe: aye
 +
[9:54pm] Creynolds87: have a great night all!
 +
[9:54pm] jokeefe: aye
 +
[9:54pm] jokeefe: thanks all
 +
[9:54pm] jokeefe: have a wonderful night
 
   </nowiki>
 
   </nowiki>

Revision as of 21:55, 11 September 2019

Review

Decisions/Endorsements

Projects

Goals for Q3:

  • Organize meetups
  • Organize election
  • Organize Fundraiser(s)
  • Organize candidate trainings
  • Revise platform

Party Conference

Party Conference is 9/21 at Encuentro 5

ToDo list - https://pad.riseup.net/p/2019MAPPConference-keep

Regional Meetings

Leader: jokeefe

Looking at late October or November for the Holyoke meetup.

Malt is looking for a place/date for a Worcester meetup the month after the Holyoke meetup.

Video Newsletter

Leader: Joseph

  • Next pirate news recording scheduled for Sunday Sept 8th, 18:30.

Democracy and Dogfood (Tech)

Next meeting will be October 5th, 11am-1pm, possibly at E5. Topics are:

  • find discussion/voting system;
  • update CCTV cameras to include older cameras outside North America we didn't include;
  • write an app to record the location/ownership of CCTV cameras;
  • set up torrents for PirateCon videos (creynolds);
  • post remaining audio for PirateCon talks (srevilak).

National Party

Computer Donations

Tasks

Statement on Alabama/Ohio/Georgia Abortion ban bills/laws

Fight bills to make the Film Credit Permanent

H.2419 would make the film tax credit permanent. It is supposed to expire in 2023. The bill has 100+ signatures this time around. jokeefe will submit testimony.

National Platform reform/remake

Tabled Projects

These have been on our agenda for a long time. How do we make them a reality?

Boston Sex Worker Petition

Non-pirate guest speakers for Pirate News

CCTV camera map

Video Newsletter guest speakers

FOSS Tutorials

Worcester farm group is interested in having some FOSS tutorials. Perhaps:

  • how to do basic labels in GIMP,
  • work through a few sample spreadsheets related to seed cost and
  • similarly applicable real-world situations, depending on the needs of the group

Basically how to do graph design & product management with open source tools. Malt will put together a one paragraph description of what we need and we can mail it out to ask pirates to help.

Upcoming Events

  • 9/13-15, Freedom Rally, Boston Common
  • 9/17, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 9/21, 9-6pm, Party Conference, Encuentro 5, Park Street, Boston
  • 9/24, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 9/35, 6-9pm, Somerville Cryptoparty, The Sprouts
  • 10/1, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Industry Lab, Cambridge
  • 10/5, 11am-1pm, Democracy and Dogfood (Tech) Meeting, Arlington
  • 10/8, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Democracy Center, Cambridge
  • 10/15, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 10/22, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 10/29, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 11/5, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Industry Lab, Cambridge
  • 11/12, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Democracy Center, Cambridge
  • Nov/Dec, ?, Holyoke Pirate Meetup, Board Room, Holyoke Public Library, Holyoke
  • Nov/Dec, ?, Worcester Pirate Meetup

Participants

Observers

  • bonelesspepsi[m]
  • davidd
  • hvxgr
  • MikaelaSuomalainen
  • Deffy
  • haskal[m]
  • igel[m]

Summary

Minutes

 


[9:07pm] jokeefe: Agenda https://masspirates.org/wiki/September_11th,_2019_IRC_Meeting
[9:07pm] jokeefe: ids
[9:07pm] Joe: Joseph Onoroski, Lowell
[9:07pm] jokeefe: James O’Keefe, Somerville
[9:07pm] Creynolds87: Good response Joe
[9:07pm] davidd: i am off, have a good one
[9:07pm] jokeefe: good night davidd
[9:07pm] Creynolds87: Christine Reynolds, Haverhill
[9:07pm] Joe: good night davidd
[9:07pm] Creynolds87: Have a good night davidd
[9:08pm] Joe: thanks Creynolds87
[9:08pm] jokeefe: Anything to add?
[9:09pm] Joe: Nay
[9:09pm] Creynolds87: Nay
[9:10pm] jokeefe: Found out that Freedom Rally is the same day as our party conference
[9:10pm] Malt joined the chat room.
[9:10pm] jokeefe: ahoy
[9:11pm] jokeefe: we are just starting
[9:11pm] jokeefe: Agenda https://masspirates.org/wiki/September_11th,_2019_IRC_Meeting
[9:11pm] Malt: Sam capradae, Worcester
[9:11pm] Malt: Hi pals
[9:11pm] Joe: Ahoy
[9:11pm] Creynolds87: Ahoy
[9:11pm] Creynolds87: So the Freedom Rally got pushed back?
[9:12pm] Creynolds87: I thought it was this weekend
[9:12pm] Malt: Huh
[9:12pm] jokeefe: Seems to be. It is only one day
[9:13pm] jokeefe: Not sure what’s up with that
[9:13pm] Creynolds87: Before you entered the chat, Jamie said the Freedom Rally is the day as our party conference
[9:13pm] Creynolds87: hmm interest
[9:13pm] jokeefe: thanks
[9:13pm] Creynolds87: interesting*
[9:13pm] jokeefe: Projects
[9:13pm] jokeefe: Party Conference
[9:15pm] jokeefe: If there is any task you want to do, please sign up https://pad.riseup.net/p/2019MAPPConference-keep
[9:16pm] Malt: I am slammed with work, sorry
[9:17pm] jokeefe: I know the feeling
[9:20pm] Joe: I added a few more things for me to bring
[9:20pm] Joe: I still have a lot of cups from the party
[9:21pm] jokeefe: We have three speakers: Ring, Amazon’s home surveillance camera company, MassMesh and basic income
[9:21pm] Malt left the chat room. (Quit: https://webchat.pirateirc.net/)
[9:21pm] jokeefe: will get more details and send a schedule out by this Saturday, if not earlier
[9:21pm] Creynolds87: okay sounds good
[9:22pm] Malt joined the chat room.
[9:22pm] Malt left the chat room. (Client Quit)
[9:23pm] Malt joined the chat room.
[9:24pm] Joe: Do you also want to do something at the FR?
[9:25pm] jokeefe: We are nearby, but I think we will be too busy during or too tired after
[9:27pm] jokeefe: let’s see how we feel
[9:27pm] Creynolds87: ok
[9:27pm] jokeefe: what do you all think?
[9:27pm] Malt: I can't commit
[9:27pm] Creynolds87: yay from me
[9:28pm] Joe: I already blocked off the my schedule for that day.  I'm down for whatever.
[9:28pm] Joe: Lets see how we are doing at the end. If we want, we can go paper the FR
[9:28pm] Joe: Bring the GoPro 
[9:29pm] jokeefe: will do.
[9:29pm] jokeefe: Regional Meetings
[9:30pm] jokeefe: I haven’t heard back about Holyoke, unfortunately. Any luck with Worcester, Malt?
[9:30pm] Malt: I've not had the time, and the worcshop is closing doors and moving to Spencer
[9:31pm] jokeefe: oh dang.
[9:31pm] jokeefe: Public library?
[9:32pm] Malt: Construction, but I'll try and look into it
[9:33pm] jokeefe: thanks
[9:34pm] jokeefe: Video Newsletter - up to try recording Saturday?
[9:34pm] Creynolds87: Sounds good to me
[9:34pm] Malt: If I'm not asleep for this one, sure
[9:35pm] jokeefe: Joe?
[9:35pm] Joe: I have been reading over the MASSCann policies.....I can say I am very disappointed
[9:35pm] Joe: Sorry
[9:35pm] Joe: I would have to do evenings
[9:35pm] Joe: https://masscann.org/boston-freedom-rally/faq/
[9:35pm] Joe: 7:30 pm work?
[9:36pm] Creynolds87: I'm probably going to have to do it from my pc, with just a mic (webcam is busted). Can't seem to figure out why I'm not getting audio on my phone
[9:36pm] Joe: I still need to do a test run, which I plan to do on Friday
[9:37pm] jokeefe: 7:30pm works. not too late or too early
[9:38pm] Creynolds87: that's for this saturday, the 14th, correct?
[9:39pm] jokeefe: yes
[9:39pm] Joe: My PC needs some serious upgrades.  I have been focusing my money on growing my company of late but I will be getting a few more upgrades in the near future.
[9:39pm] Malt: Shiny
[9:40pm] jokeefe: 7:30pm work then?
[9:40pm] Joe: Aye
[9:41pm] Creynolds87: Aye
[9:42pm] jokeefe: ok then. thanks
[9:42pm] jokeefe: No update on Democracy and Dogfood (Tech) besides that it is set for October 5th at E5
[9:43pm] jokeefe: Joe, would you update us on the National Party?
[9:44pm] Joe: Currently, the new by-laws have been approved and we set a date to redo the elections in a month
[9:44pm] Joe: Nominations are due 10/7 and we vote one week later
[9:45pm] Joe: We also have a potential presidential candidate though some questions have been raised.
[9:45pm] Joe: Megan is currently investigating.
[9:46pm] Joe: That said, she is said to present why she would be a good pirate candidate at our next meeting, so if possible please attend
[9:46pm] Joe: Your voice will be appreciated.
[9:47pm] Joe: We will also be working on a new system in order to contact all pirates the way our activist list works for us in MA
[9:47pm] jokeefe: ok. we would need go gather 15,000 signatures to get a presidential candidate on the ballot unless we did a write in
[9:47pm] Joe: Just on a national level.
[9:47pm] Joe: tbh, I'm not sure she is someone we would back.
[9:48pm] Malt: Dunno how a presidential candidate would assist with movement building
[9:48pm] jokeefe: might be good to establish our platform first
[9:48pm] Malt: Seems like we lack a lot of the infrastructure for that
[9:48pm] Joe: I agree Malt
[9:48pm] Malt: I'm still down to act in am advisory capacity with the national party
[9:48pm] Malt: I just question if I have the time to commit
[9:48pm] jokeefe: my concerns as well, Malt, especially with all focus on anti-Trump vs Trump
[9:48pm] Malt: To a full position
[9:48pm] Creynolds87: I see it as an opportunity to raise awareness of our party
[9:49pm] Joe: We still have quite a bit of work on our platform before we can really run anyone as well.
[9:49pm] Creynolds87: Nothing more however
[9:49pm] Creynolds87: at a big taxing cost
[9:49pm] Joe: Why waste our resources?
[9:49pm] jokeefe: Local candidates are better though, Creynolds87
[9:49pm] Creynolds87: right
[9:50pm] Creynolds87: I understand that, they stand a much better chance of getting elected and help change things at the local level
[9:50pm] Joe: When we have a fully established platform, then we can move forward with running people.  I would rather see us focused on state and local than something so flashy
[9:50pm] Creynolds87: That's very true
[9:50pm] Creynolds87: Good point @Joe
[9:51pm] Joe: However, if she is willing to provide her own funds, I would be happy to assist if she is true to our values
[9:51pm] Joe: Part of campaigning is raising funds
[9:52pm] jokeefe: aye that
[9:53pm] jokeefe: I think that covers it
[9:53pm] Joe: https://www.facebook.com/designanddraft?fref=search&__tn__=%2Cd%3C-R&eid=ARDBs_C5LBNiV9RLGR-VUXNwkTzs03FMTX4iEUlF5sjKogFDBqykQlSxFZyc2AVID8UlYe-2GYk8Yoa3
[9:53pm] jokeefe: thanks
[9:53pm] jokeefe: should we adjourn?
[9:53pm] Malt: Ok
[9:53pm] Joe: 2nd
[9:53pm] Creynolds87: 3rd
[9:54pm] Joe: All in favor?
[9:54pm] Creynolds87: aye
[9:54pm] Joe: aye
[9:54pm] Creynolds87: have a great night all!
[9:54pm] jokeefe: aye
[9:54pm] jokeefe: thanks all
[9:54pm] jokeefe: have a wonderful night