Difference between revisions of "September 11th, 2019 IRC Meeting"

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search
Line 109: Line 109:
 
* Deffy
 
* Deffy
 
* haskal[m]
 
* haskal[m]
 +
* igel[m]
  
 
== Summary ==
 
== Summary ==
Line 117: Line 118:
 
   <nowiki>
 
   <nowiki>
  
 +
 +
[9:07pm] jokeefe: Agenda https://masspirates.org/wiki/September_11th,_2019_IRC_Meeting
 +
[9:07pm] jokeefe: ids
 +
[9:07pm] Joe: Joseph Onoroski, Lowell
 +
[9:07pm] jokeefe: James O’Keefe, Somerville
 +
[9:07pm] Creynolds87: Good response Joe
 +
[9:07pm] davidd: i am off, have a good one
 +
[9:07pm] jokeefe: good night davidd
 +
[9:07pm] Creynolds87: Christine Reynolds, Haverhill
 +
[9:07pm] Joe: good night davidd
 +
[9:07pm] Creynolds87: Have a good night davidd
 +
[9:08pm] Joe: thanks Creynolds87
 +
[9:08pm] jokeefe: Anything to add?
 +
[9:09pm] Joe: Nay
 +
[9:09pm] Creynolds87: Nay
 +
[9:10pm] jokeefe: Found out that Freedom Rally is the same day as our party conference
 +
[9:10pm] Malt joined the chat room.
 +
[9:10pm] jokeefe: ahoy
 +
[9:11pm] jokeefe: we are just starting
 +
[9:11pm] jokeefe: Agenda https://masspirates.org/wiki/September_11th,_2019_IRC_Meeting
 +
[9:11pm] Malt: Sam capradae, Worcester
 +
[9:11pm] Malt: Hi pals
 +
[9:11pm] Joe: Ahoy
 +
[9:11pm] Creynolds87: Ahoy
 +
[9:11pm] Creynolds87: So the Freedom Rally got pushed back?
 +
[9:12pm] Creynolds87: I thought it was this weekend
 +
[9:12pm] Malt: Huh
 +
[9:12pm] jokeefe: Seems to be. It is only one day
 +
[9:13pm] jokeefe: Not sure what’s up with that
 +
[9:13pm] Creynolds87: Before you entered the chat, Jamie said the Freedom Rally is the day as our party conference
 +
[9:13pm] Creynolds87: hmm interest
 +
[9:13pm] jokeefe: thanks
 +
[9:13pm] Creynolds87: interesting*
 +
[9:13pm] jokeefe: Projects
 +
[9:13pm] jokeefe: Party Conference
 +
[9:15pm] jokeefe: If there is any task you want to do, please sign up https://pad.riseup.net/p/2019MAPPConference-keep
 +
[9:16pm] Malt: I am slammed with work, sorry
 +
[9:17pm] jokeefe: I know the feeling
 +
[9:20pm] Joe: I added a few more things for me to bring
 +
[9:20pm] Joe: I still have a lot of cups from the party
 +
[9:21pm] jokeefe: We have three speakers: Ring, Amazon’s home surveillance camera company, MassMesh and basic income
 +
[9:21pm] Malt left the chat room. (Quit: https://webchat.pirateirc.net/)
 +
[9:21pm] jokeefe: will get more details and send a schedule out by this Saturday, if not earlier
 
   </nowiki>
 
   </nowiki>

Revision as of 21:22, 11 September 2019

Review

Decisions/Endorsements

Projects

Goals for Q3:

  • Organize meetups
  • Organize election
  • Organize Fundraiser(s)
  • Organize candidate trainings
  • Revise platform

Party Conference

Party Conference is 9/21 at Encuentro 5

ToDo list - https://pad.riseup.net/p/2019MAPPConference-keep

Regional Meetings

Leader: jokeefe

Looking at late October or November for the Holyoke meetup.

Malt is looking for a place/date for a Worcester meetup the month after the Holyoke meetup.

Video Newsletter

Leader: Joseph

  • Next pirate news recording scheduled for Sunday Sept 8th, 18:30.

Democracy and Dogfood (Tech)

Next meeting will be October 5th, 11am-1pm, possibly at E5. Topics are:

  • find discussion/voting system;
  • update CCTV cameras to include older cameras outside North America we didn't include;
  • write an app to record the location/ownership of CCTV cameras;
  • set up torrents for PirateCon videos (creynolds);
  • post remaining audio for PirateCon talks (srevilak).

National Party

Computer Donations

Tasks

Statement on Alabama/Ohio/Georgia Abortion ban bills/laws

Fight bills to make the Film Credit Permanent

H.2419 would make the film tax credit permanent. It is supposed to expire in 2023. The bill has 100+ signatures this time around. jokeefe will submit testimony.

National Platform reform/remake

Tabled Projects

These have been on our agenda for a long time. How do we make them a reality?

Boston Sex Worker Petition

Non-pirate guest speakers for Pirate News

CCTV camera map

Video Newsletter guest speakers

FOSS Tutorials

Worcester farm group is interested in having some FOSS tutorials. Perhaps:

  • how to do basic labels in GIMP,
  • work through a few sample spreadsheets related to seed cost and
  • similarly applicable real-world situations, depending on the needs of the group

Basically how to do graph design & product management with open source tools. Malt will put together a one paragraph description of what we need and we can mail it out to ask pirates to help.

Upcoming Events

  • 9/13-15, Freedom Rally, Boston Common
  • 9/17, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 9/21, 9-6pm, Party Conference, Encuentro 5, Park Street, Boston
  • 9/24, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 9/35, 6-9pm, Somerville Cryptoparty, The Sprouts
  • 10/1, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Industry Lab, Cambridge
  • 10/5, 11am-1pm, Democracy and Dogfood (Tech) Meeting, Arlington
  • 10/8, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Democracy Center, Cambridge
  • 10/15, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 10/22, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 10/29, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 11/5, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Industry Lab, Cambridge
  • 11/12, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Democracy Center, Cambridge
  • Nov/Dec, ?, Holyoke Pirate Meetup, Board Room, Holyoke Public Library, Holyoke
  • Nov/Dec, ?, Worcester Pirate Meetup

Participants

Observers

  • bonelesspepsi[m]
  • davidd
  • hvxgr
  • MikaelaSuomalainen
  • Deffy
  • haskal[m]
  • igel[m]

Summary

Minutes

 


[9:07pm] jokeefe: Agenda https://masspirates.org/wiki/September_11th,_2019_IRC_Meeting
[9:07pm] jokeefe: ids
[9:07pm] Joe: Joseph Onoroski, Lowell
[9:07pm] jokeefe: James O’Keefe, Somerville
[9:07pm] Creynolds87: Good response Joe
[9:07pm] davidd: i am off, have a good one
[9:07pm] jokeefe: good night davidd
[9:07pm] Creynolds87: Christine Reynolds, Haverhill
[9:07pm] Joe: good night davidd
[9:07pm] Creynolds87: Have a good night davidd
[9:08pm] Joe: thanks Creynolds87
[9:08pm] jokeefe: Anything to add?
[9:09pm] Joe: Nay
[9:09pm] Creynolds87: Nay
[9:10pm] jokeefe: Found out that Freedom Rally is the same day as our party conference
[9:10pm] Malt joined the chat room.
[9:10pm] jokeefe: ahoy
[9:11pm] jokeefe: we are just starting
[9:11pm] jokeefe: Agenda https://masspirates.org/wiki/September_11th,_2019_IRC_Meeting
[9:11pm] Malt: Sam capradae, Worcester
[9:11pm] Malt: Hi pals
[9:11pm] Joe: Ahoy
[9:11pm] Creynolds87: Ahoy
[9:11pm] Creynolds87: So the Freedom Rally got pushed back?
[9:12pm] Creynolds87: I thought it was this weekend
[9:12pm] Malt: Huh
[9:12pm] jokeefe: Seems to be. It is only one day
[9:13pm] jokeefe: Not sure what’s up with that
[9:13pm] Creynolds87: Before you entered the chat, Jamie said the Freedom Rally is the day as our party conference
[9:13pm] Creynolds87: hmm interest
[9:13pm] jokeefe: thanks
[9:13pm] Creynolds87: interesting*
[9:13pm] jokeefe: Projects
[9:13pm] jokeefe: Party Conference
[9:15pm] jokeefe: If there is any task you want to do, please sign up https://pad.riseup.net/p/2019MAPPConference-keep
[9:16pm] Malt: I am slammed with work, sorry
[9:17pm] jokeefe: I know the feeling
[9:20pm] Joe: I added a few more things for me to bring
[9:20pm] Joe: I still have a lot of cups from the party
[9:21pm] jokeefe: We have three speakers: Ring, Amazon’s home surveillance camera company, MassMesh and basic income
[9:21pm] Malt left the chat room. (Quit: https://webchat.pirateirc.net/)
[9:21pm] jokeefe: will get more details and send a schedule out by this Saturday, if not earlier