Difference between revisions of "September 18th, 2019 IRC Meeting"
(Created page with "== Review == === Freedom Rally Table === == Decisions/Endorsements == == Projects == Goals for Q3: * Organize meetups * Organize election * Organize Fundraiser(s) * Organi...")
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
== Review ==
== Review ==
== Projects ==
== Projects ==
Revision as of 11:58, 18 September 2019
- 1 Review
- 2 Decisions/Endorsements
- 3 Projects
- 4 Tasks
- 5 Tabled Projects
- 6 Upcoming Events
- 7 Participants
- 8 Summary
- 9 Minutes
Support the Global Climate Strike?
Actions on 9/20 and 9/27:
Goals for Q3:
- Organize meetups
- Organize election
- Organize Fundraiser(s)
- Organize candidate trainings
- Revise platform
Party Conference is 9/21 at Encuentro 5
ToDo list - https://pad.riseup.net/p/2019MAPPConference-keep
Looking at late October or November for the Holyoke meetup.
Malt is looking for a place/date for a Worcester meetup the month after the Holyoke meetup.
- Next pirate news recording scheduled for Sunday Sept 8th, 18:30.
Democracy and Dogfood (Tech)
Next meeting will be October 5th, 11am-1pm, possibly at E5. Topics are:
- find discussion/voting system;
- update CCTV cameras to include older cameras outside North America we didn't include;
- write an app to record the location/ownership of CCTV cameras;
- set up torrents for PirateCon videos (creynolds);
- post remaining audio for PirateCon talks (srevilak).
- jokeefe contacting friend who refurbishes computers for a non-profit
- Archived https://piratenpad.de/p/MassPiratesComputerDonations - move to wiki
Statement on Alabama/Ohio/Georgia Abortion ban bills/laws
Fight bills to make the Film Credit Permanent
H.2419 would make the film tax credit permanent. It is supposed to expire in 2023. The bill has 100+ signatures this time around. jokeefe will submit testimony.
National Platform reform/remake
These have been on our agenda for a long time. How do we make them a reality?
Boston Sex Worker Petition
Non-pirate guest speakers for Pirate News
CCTV camera map
Video Newsletter guest speakers
Worcester farm group is interested in having some FOSS tutorials. Perhaps:
- how to do basic labels in GIMP,
- work through a few sample spreadsheets related to seed cost and
- similarly applicable real-world situations, depending on the needs of the group
Basically how to do graph design & product management with open source tools. Malt will put together a one paragraph description of what we need and we can mail it out to ask pirates to help.
- 9/21, 9-6pm, Party Conference, Encuentro 5, Park Street, Boston
- 9/24, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
- 9/35, 6-9pm, Somerville Cryptoparty, The Sprouts
- 10/1, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Industry Lab, Cambridge
- 10/5, 11am-1pm, Democracy and Dogfood (Tech) Meeting, Arlington
- 10/8, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Democracy Center, Cambridge
- 10/15, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
- 10/22, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
- 10/29, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
- 11/5, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Industry Lab, Cambridge
- 11/12, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Democracy Center, Cambridge
- Nov/Dec, ?, Holyoke Pirate Meetup, Board Room, Holyoke Public Library, Holyoke
- Nov/Dec, ?, Worcester Pirate Meetup