Difference between revisions of "September 25th, 2019 IRC Meeting"

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search
Line 112: Line 112:
  
 
   <nowiki>
 
   <nowiki>
 +
 +
 +
[9:11pm] jokeefe: Agenda: https://masspirates.org/wiki/September_25th,_2019_IRC_Meeting
 +
[9:11pm] jokeefe: ids
 +
[9:11pm] Joe: Joseph Onoroski, Lowell
 +
[9:11pm] jokeefe: James O’Keefe, Somerville
 +
[9:11pm] jokeefe: Anything to add?
 +
[9:11pm] Joe: email
 +
[9:11pm] Joe: Under review
 +
[9:11pm] Joe: I'll add
 +
[9:12pm] jokeefe: ok
 +
[9:12pm] jokeefe: Review
 +
[9:12pm] jokeefe: Party Conference
 +
[9:13pm] Joe: I think it went pretty well
 +
[9:13pm] Joe: Though we had a tough time with the streaming
 +
[9:14pm] jokeefe: Yeah.
 +
[9:14pm] Joe: We had several guest speakers which each brought their own perspective.
 +
[9:15pm] Joe: And a delegation from NH
 +
[9:17pm] Joe: It seems that the delegation from NH was very active in the legislation.  Makes me want to step up our game.
 +
[9:18pm] jokeefe: well it helps when someon is elected
 +
[9:18pm] jokeefe: Working with srevilak to get the videos processed
 +
[9:19pm] Joe: It seems that they were looking to figure out how we are.  I hope we did not disappoint
 +
[9:19pm] jokeefe: Yes
 +
[9:21pm] jokeefe: Will get the deposit done and enter the attendees
 +
[9:21pm] Joe: If I could get the list so I can share with reporter7
 +
[9:22pm] jokeefe: of course
 +
[9:22pm] Joe: for the OCPF
 +
[9:22pm] jokeefe: absolutely
 +
[9:22pm] Joe: <3
 +
[9:22pm] jokeefe: we’ll need to test the streaming setup and test the internet access ahead of time next time
 +
[9:23pm] jokeefe: Will create a wiki page with the checklist for next time
 +
[9:23pm] Joe: ok
 +
[9:23pm] jokeefe: Projects
 +
[9:23pm] Joe: Sorry the streaming did not work.  It seems to work here but I also pay a lot for internet
 +
[9:24pm] Malt: Fair
 +
[9:24pm] jokeefe: yeah
 +
[9:25pm] jokeefe: i’ll talk with E5 about the wifi issues we encountered. might be a good place for a mesh node, especially if we can get roof access
 +
[9:25pm] jokeefe: Regional Meetings
 +
[9:25pm] Malt: That would be great!
 +
[9:25pm] Joe: email?
 +
[9:25pm] Joe: review?
 +
[9:25pm] jokeefe: sorry
 +
[9:26pm] jokeefe: Email systems
 +
[9:26pm] Joe: No worries, figure this one you could explain better anyways
 +
[9:26pm] Joe: plus you'll prob be quick about it
 +
[9:27pm] jokeefe: We looked over the national database to see how we can contact supporters in it
 +
[9:28pm] jokeefe: Identified some things we need to setup to use it most effectively.
 +
[9:28pm] jokeefe: will talk with the person who set it up
 +
[9:28pm] jokeefe: to add what we need
 +
[9:29pm] Joe: emailing the rest of MA will be much easier now, and we will be able to do so on a regular basis
 +
[9:29pm] jokeefe: We should certainly contact the people in it from New England about joining our list and setting up a New England conference
 +
[9:30pm] jokeefe: Speaking of that, I plan to send out an email from our database soon
 +
[9:31pm] jokeefe: ready to move on to the next topic?
 +
[9:31pm] Joe: Aye
 +
[9:31pm] Joe: Just wanted to to keep it brief
 +
[9:32pm] jokeefe: cool
 +
[9:32pm] jokeefe: Regional Meetings
 +
[9:33pm] jokeefe: focusing on the conference got in the way, but still looking at setting up a Holyoke meeting
 +
[9:33pm] jokeefe: Malt, any luck with Worcester?
 +
[9:36pm] Malt: None
 +
[9:36pm] Malt: I'm just overwhelmed with baby stuff and work
 +
[9:38pm] jokeefe: I quite understand. How about if we try for the Spring?
 +
[9:39pm] Malt: Might be nice
 +
[9:39pm] jokeefe: A good goal, then
 +
[9:39pm] jokeefe: thanks
 +
[9:40pm] jokeefe: Video Newsletter
 +
[9:40pm] jokeefe: When would you like to record the next one?
 +
[9:40pm] Joe: Sunday at noon?
 +
[9:40pm] srevilak joined the chat room.
 +
[9:41pm] Malt: Think that should work
 +
[9:41pm] srevilak: sorry for being late -- meeting @ town hall
 +
[9:41pm] Joe: I have a wedding to go to Saturday night, so I want a little time to recover
 +
[9:41pm] srevilak: ran over
 +
[9:41pm] jokeefe: ahoy srevilak
 +
[9:41pm] Joe: Ahoy!
  
 
   </nowiki>
 
   </nowiki>

Revision as of 20:41, 25 September 2019

Review

Party Conference

Email systems

ToDo list - https://pad.riseup.net/p/2019MAPPConference-keep

Decisions/Endorsements

Projects

Goals for Q3:

  • Organize meetups
  • Organize election
  • Organize Fundraiser(s)
  • Organize candidate trainings
  • Revise platform

Regional Meetings

Leader: jokeefe

Looking at late October or November for the Holyoke meetup.

Malt is looking for a place/date for a Worcester meetup the month after the Holyoke meetup.

Video Newsletter

Leader: Joseph

  • Next pirate news recording scheduled for Sunday Sept 8th, 18:30.

Democracy and Dogfood (Tech)

Next meeting will be October 5th, 11am-1pm, possibly at E5. Topics are:

  • find discussion/voting system;
  • update CCTV cameras to include older cameras outside North America we didn't include;
  • write an app to record the location/ownership of CCTV cameras;
  • set up torrents for PirateCon videos (creynolds);
  • post remaining audio for PirateCon talks (srevilak).

National Party

Computer Donations

Tasks

Statement on Alabama/Ohio/Georgia Abortion ban bills/laws

Fight bills to make the Film Credit Permanent

H.2419 would make the film tax credit permanent. It is supposed to expire in 2023. The bill has 100+ signatures this time around. jokeefe will submit testimony.

National Platform reform/remake

Tabled Projects

These have been on our agenda for a long time. How do we make them a reality?

Boston Sex Worker Petition

Non-pirate guest speakers for Pirate News

CCTV camera map

Video Newsletter guest speakers

FOSS Tutorials

Worcester farm group is interested in having some FOSS tutorials. Perhaps:

  • how to do basic labels in GIMP,
  • work through a few sample spreadsheets related to seed cost and
  • similarly applicable real-world situations, depending on the needs of the group

Basically how to do graph design & product management with open source tools. Malt will put together a one paragraph description of what we need and we can mail it out to ask pirates to help.

Upcoming Events

  • 9/35, 6-9pm, Somerville Cryptoparty, The Sprouts
  • 10/1, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Industry Lab, Cambridge
  • 10/5, 11am-1pm, Democracy and Dogfood (Tech) Meeting, Arlington
  • 10/8, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Democracy Center, Cambridge
  • 10/15, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 10/22, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 10/29, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 11/5, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Industry Lab, Cambridge
  • 11/12, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Democracy Center, Cambridge
  • Nov/Dec, ?, Holyoke Pirate Meetup, Board Room, Holyoke Public Library, Holyoke
  • Nov/Dec, ?, Worcester Pirate Meetup

Participants

Observers

  • bonelesspepsi[m]
  • davidd
  • hvxgr
  • MikaelaSuomalainen
  • Deffy
  • haskal[m]

Summary

Minutes

 


[9:11pm] jokeefe: Agenda: https://masspirates.org/wiki/September_25th,_2019_IRC_Meeting
[9:11pm] jokeefe: ids
[9:11pm] Joe: Joseph Onoroski, Lowell
[9:11pm] jokeefe: James O’Keefe, Somerville
[9:11pm] jokeefe: Anything to add?
[9:11pm] Joe: email
[9:11pm] Joe: Under review
[9:11pm] Joe: I'll add
[9:12pm] jokeefe: ok
[9:12pm] jokeefe: Review
[9:12pm] jokeefe: Party Conference
[9:13pm] Joe: I think it went pretty well
[9:13pm] Joe: Though we had a tough time with the streaming
[9:14pm] jokeefe: Yeah.
[9:14pm] Joe: We had several guest speakers which each brought their own perspective.
[9:15pm] Joe: And a delegation from NH
[9:17pm] Joe: It seems that the delegation from NH was very active in the legislation.  Makes me want to step up our game.
[9:18pm] jokeefe: well it helps when someon is elected
[9:18pm] jokeefe: Working with srevilak to get the videos processed
[9:19pm] Joe: It seems that they were looking to figure out how we are.  I hope we did not disappoint
[9:19pm] jokeefe: Yes
[9:21pm] jokeefe: Will get the deposit done and enter the attendees
[9:21pm] Joe: If I could get the list so I can share with reporter7
[9:22pm] jokeefe: of course
[9:22pm] Joe: for the OCPF
[9:22pm] jokeefe: absolutely
[9:22pm] Joe: <3
[9:22pm] jokeefe: we’ll need to test the streaming setup and test the internet access ahead of time next time
[9:23pm] jokeefe: Will create a wiki page with the checklist for next time
[9:23pm] Joe: ok
[9:23pm] jokeefe: Projects
[9:23pm] Joe: Sorry the streaming did not work.  It seems to work here but I also pay a lot for internet
[9:24pm] Malt: Fair
[9:24pm] jokeefe: yeah
[9:25pm] jokeefe: i’ll talk with E5 about the wifi issues we encountered. might be a good place for a mesh node, especially if we can get roof access
[9:25pm] jokeefe: Regional Meetings
[9:25pm] Malt: That would be great!
[9:25pm] Joe: email?
[9:25pm] Joe: review?
[9:25pm] jokeefe: sorry
[9:26pm] jokeefe: Email systems
[9:26pm] Joe: No worries, figure this one you could explain better anyways
[9:26pm] Joe: plus you'll prob be quick about it
[9:27pm] jokeefe: We looked over the national database to see how we can contact supporters in it
[9:28pm] jokeefe: Identified some things we need to setup to use it most effectively.
[9:28pm] jokeefe: will talk with the person who set it up
[9:28pm] jokeefe: to add what we need
[9:29pm] Joe: emailing the rest of MA will be much easier now, and we will be able to do so on a regular basis
[9:29pm] jokeefe: We should certainly contact the people in it from New England about joining our list and setting up a New England conference
[9:30pm] jokeefe: Speaking of that, I plan to send out an email from our database soon
[9:31pm] jokeefe: ready to move on to the next topic?
[9:31pm] Joe: Aye
[9:31pm] Joe: Just wanted to to keep it brief
[9:32pm] jokeefe: cool
[9:32pm] jokeefe: Regional Meetings
[9:33pm] jokeefe: focusing on the conference got in the way, but still looking at setting up a Holyoke meeting
[9:33pm] jokeefe: Malt, any luck with Worcester?
[9:36pm] Malt: None
[9:36pm] Malt: I'm just overwhelmed with baby stuff and work
[9:38pm] jokeefe: I quite understand. How about if we try for the Spring?
[9:39pm] Malt: Might be nice
[9:39pm] jokeefe: A good goal, then
[9:39pm] jokeefe: thanks
[9:40pm] jokeefe: Video Newsletter
[9:40pm] jokeefe: When would you like to record the next one?
[9:40pm] Joe: Sunday at noon?
[9:40pm] srevilak joined the chat room.
[9:41pm] Malt: Think that should work
[9:41pm] srevilak: sorry for being late -- meeting @ town hall
[9:41pm] Joe: I have a wedding to go to Saturday night, so I want a little time to recover
[9:41pm] srevilak: ran over
[9:41pm] jokeefe: ahoy srevilak
[9:41pm] Joe: Ahoy!