Difference between revisions of "September 25th, 2019 IRC Meeting"

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search
 
Line 263: Line 263:
 
[10:07pm] Malt: You got my support
 
[10:07pm] Malt: You got my support
 
[10:07pm] Joe: Ty Malt
 
[10:07pm] Joe: Ty Malt
 +
[10:07pm] srevilak: I can post rest of transcript
 +
[10:07pm] jokeefe: I got it
 +
[10:08pm] srevilak: ok, thx
 +
[10:08pm] jokeefe: if you could do the summary, that would be great
 +
[10:08pm] jokeefe: thanks all. have a wonderful night. talk Sunday
 +
[10:08pm] Malt: Night
  
 
   </nowiki>
 
   </nowiki>

Latest revision as of 21:08, 25 September 2019

Review

Party Conference

Email systems

ToDo list - https://pad.riseup.net/p/2019MAPPConference-keep

Decisions/Endorsements

Projects

Goals for Q3:

  • Organize meetups
  • Organize election
  • Organize Fundraiser(s)
  • Organize candidate trainings
  • Revise platform

Regional Meetings

Leader: jokeefe

Looking at late October or November for the Holyoke meetup.

Malt is looking for a place/date for a Worcester meetup the month after the Holyoke meetup.

Video Newsletter

Leader: Joseph

  • Next pirate news recording scheduled for Sunday Sept 8th, 18:30.

Democracy and Dogfood (Tech)

Next meeting will be October 5th, 11am-1pm, possibly at E5. Topics are:

  • find discussion/voting system;
  • update CCTV cameras to include older cameras outside North America we didn't include;
  • write an app to record the location/ownership of CCTV cameras;
  • set up torrents for PirateCon videos (creynolds);
  • post remaining audio for PirateCon talks (srevilak).

National Party

Computer Donations

Tasks

Statement on Alabama/Ohio/Georgia Abortion ban bills/laws

Fight bills to make the Film Credit Permanent

H.2419 would make the film tax credit permanent. It is supposed to expire in 2023. The bill has 100+ signatures this time around. jokeefe will submit testimony.

National Platform reform/remake

Tabled Projects

These have been on our agenda for a long time. How do we make them a reality?

Boston Sex Worker Petition

Non-pirate guest speakers for Pirate News

CCTV camera map

Video Newsletter guest speakers

FOSS Tutorials

Worcester farm group is interested in having some FOSS tutorials. Perhaps:

  • how to do basic labels in GIMP,
  • work through a few sample spreadsheets related to seed cost and
  • similarly applicable real-world situations, depending on the needs of the group

Basically how to do graph design & product management with open source tools. Malt will put together a one paragraph description of what we need and we can mail it out to ask pirates to help.

Upcoming Events

  • 9/35, 6-9pm, Somerville Cryptoparty, The Sprouts
  • 10/1, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Industry Lab, Cambridge
  • 10/5, 11am-1pm, Democracy and Dogfood (Tech) Meeting, Arlington
  • 10/8, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Democracy Center, Cambridge
  • 10/15, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 10/22, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 10/29, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 11/5, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Industry Lab, Cambridge
  • 11/12, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Democracy Center, Cambridge
  • Nov/Dec, ?, Holyoke Pirate Meetup, Board Room, Holyoke Public Library, Holyoke
  • Nov/Dec, ?, Worcester Pirate Meetup

Participants

Observers

  • bonelesspepsi[m]
  • davidd
  • hvxgr
  • MikaelaSuomalainen
  • Deffy
  • haskal[m]

Summary

Minutes

 


[9:11pm] jokeefe: Agenda: https://masspirates.org/wiki/September_25th,_2019_IRC_Meeting
[9:11pm] jokeefe: ids
[9:11pm] Joe: Joseph Onoroski, Lowell
[9:11pm] jokeefe: James O’Keefe, Somerville
[9:11pm] jokeefe: Anything to add?
[9:11pm] Joe: email
[9:11pm] Joe: Under review
[9:11pm] Joe: I'll add
[9:12pm] jokeefe: ok
[9:12pm] jokeefe: Review
[9:12pm] jokeefe: Party Conference
[9:13pm] Joe: I think it went pretty well
[9:13pm] Joe: Though we had a tough time with the streaming
[9:14pm] jokeefe: Yeah.
[9:14pm] Joe: We had several guest speakers which each brought their own perspective.
[9:15pm] Joe: And a delegation from NH
[9:17pm] Joe: It seems that the delegation from NH was very active in the legislation.  Makes me want to step up our game.
[9:18pm] jokeefe: well it helps when someon is elected
[9:18pm] jokeefe: Working with srevilak to get the videos processed
[9:19pm] Joe: It seems that they were looking to figure out how we are.  I hope we did not disappoint
[9:19pm] jokeefe: Yes
[9:21pm] jokeefe: Will get the deposit done and enter the attendees
[9:21pm] Joe: If I could get the list so I can share with reporter7
[9:22pm] jokeefe: of course
[9:22pm] Joe: for the OCPF
[9:22pm] jokeefe: absolutely
[9:22pm] Joe: <3
[9:22pm] jokeefe: we’ll need to test the streaming setup and test the internet access ahead of time next time
[9:23pm] jokeefe: Will create a wiki page with the checklist for next time
[9:23pm] Joe: ok
[9:23pm] jokeefe: Projects
[9:23pm] Joe: Sorry the streaming did not work.  It seems to work here but I also pay a lot for internet
[9:24pm] Malt: Fair
[9:24pm] jokeefe: yeah
[9:25pm] jokeefe: i’ll talk with E5 about the wifi issues we encountered. might be a good place for a mesh node, especially if we can get roof access
[9:25pm] jokeefe: Regional Meetings
[9:25pm] Malt: That would be great!
[9:25pm] Joe: email?
[9:25pm] Joe: review?
[9:25pm] jokeefe: sorry
[9:26pm] jokeefe: Email systems
[9:26pm] Joe: No worries, figure this one you could explain better anyways
[9:26pm] Joe: plus you'll prob be quick about it
[9:27pm] jokeefe: We looked over the national database to see how we can contact supporters in it
[9:28pm] jokeefe: Identified some things we need to setup to use it most effectively.
[9:28pm] jokeefe: will talk with the person who set it up
[9:28pm] jokeefe: to add what we need
[9:29pm] Joe: emailing the rest of MA will be much easier now, and we will be able to do so on a regular basis
[9:29pm] jokeefe: We should certainly contact the people in it from New England about joining our list and setting up a New England conference
[9:30pm] jokeefe: Speaking of that, I plan to send out an email from our database soon
[9:31pm] jokeefe: ready to move on to the next topic?
[9:31pm] Joe: Aye
[9:31pm] Joe: Just wanted to to keep it brief
[9:32pm] jokeefe: cool
[9:32pm] jokeefe: Regional Meetings
[9:33pm] jokeefe: focusing on the conference got in the way, but still looking at setting up a Holyoke meeting
[9:33pm] jokeefe: Malt, any luck with Worcester?
[9:36pm] Malt: None
[9:36pm] Malt: I'm just overwhelmed with baby stuff and work
[9:38pm] jokeefe: I quite understand. How about if we try for the Spring?
[9:39pm] Malt: Might be nice
[9:39pm] jokeefe: A good goal, then
[9:39pm] jokeefe: thanks
[9:40pm] jokeefe: Video Newsletter
[9:40pm] jokeefe: When would you like to record the next one?
[9:40pm] Joe: Sunday at noon?
[9:40pm] srevilak joined the chat room.
[9:41pm] Malt: Think that should work
[9:41pm] srevilak: sorry for being late -- meeting @ town hall
[9:41pm] Joe: I have a wedding to go to Saturday night, so I want a little time to recover
[9:41pm] srevilak: ran over
[9:41pm] jokeefe: ahoy srevilak
[9:41pm] Joe: Ahoy!
[9:41pm] jokeefe: I updated the minutes at https://masspirates.org/wiki/September_25th,_2019_IRC_Meeting#Minutes
[9:42pm] jokeefe: so you can catch up
[9:42pm] • srevilak opens web browser to read
[9:42pm] jokeefe: I am busy Saturday morning with erands, but other times are open
[9:43pm] srevilak: for video newsletter?
[9:43pm] srevilak: my weekend is pretty flexible to record an episode
[9:44pm] srevilak: speaking of video - I spot checked several of the recordings
[9:44pm] Joe: Sunday is preferred
[9:44pm] Malt: Oh?
[9:44pm] srevilak: the ones where the camera ran on battery power sound pretty good
[9:45pm] srevilak: once we plugged in the AC adapter, we started picking up ground noise
[9:45pm] srevilak: couldn't hear it in the room, but you can hear on playback
[9:45pm] srevilak: still usable though
[9:45pm] srevilak: So, next time, we go off battery power
[9:45pm] jokeefe: ok. I need to check out the video I got and learn to sync video by the audio
[9:46pm] Joe: I will be getting replacement cord for my set up, so I'll be able to do better recordings soon too
[9:46pm] jokeefe: and have backup batteries
[9:46pm] srevilak: for av sink, we should have done claps
[9:46pm] jokeefe: ?
[9:46pm] srevilak: clap before starting, so you hear and get it on camera
[9:46pm] srevilak: gives you a decent point for syncing
[9:47pm] srevilak: you can see a clap pretty easily on an audio waveform
[9:47pm] srevilak: then, line it up with the image of the clap
[9:47pm] srevilak: like the old film slates with the clackers
[9:48pm] Malt: Action!
[9:48pm] srevilak: aye
[9:48pm] jokeefe: ah
[9:48pm] srevilak: Ah - pirate newsletter sunday @ noon
[9:48pm] srevilak: I can do that
[9:50pm] jokeefe: Does Sunday noon work for you, Joe and Malt?
[9:50pm] Joe: Ok, it's settled then
[9:50pm] Joe: Umm, I'm the one that suggested it. 
[9:50pm] Joe: So Aye
[9:52pm] Malt: Sure
[9:52pm] jokeefe: thanks. wasn’t sure looking back
[9:52pm] jokeefe: great.
[9:54pm] jokeefe: Democracy and Dogfood (Tech)
[9:55pm] jokeefe: scheduled for 10/5. Will be at E5. already paid for it. will submit record for it
[9:55pm] Malt: Well that's easy
[9:56pm] srevilak: I plan to attend
[9:56pm] jokeefe: contacted by someone who wants to look at wireless surveillance cameras. hopefully he will make it
[9:56pm] jokeefe: will post about it and reminding people about it
[9:57pm] jokeefe: Noted that the german pirates website looks better on a mobile phone than ours does.
[9:58pm] jokeefe: might consider looking at that theme since it looks like the moved on to a different theme
[9:58pm] jokeefe: it is at https://github.com/Piratenpartei/Pirate-Rogue/
[9:59pm] jokeefe: this looks interesting https://github.com/Piratenpartei/ekklesia-portal
[9:59pm] jokeefe: Portal of the Ekklesia e-democracy platform.
[9:59pm] Malt: Hmmmm!
[10:00pm] jokeefe: National Party
[10:00pm] jokeefe: what’s the scoop Joe?
[10:01pm] Joe: Still waiting on an update with the bank account.
[10:01pm] Joe: I also plan to reach out to Elisa in the next day or so. Last two days were kind of rough.
[10:01pm] Joe: She was the one whom wanted to run for president
[10:02pm] Joe: I still think we can salvage a good working relationship but she will have to come to an understanding of our current status.
[10:02pm] Joe: And then we have the email systems that jokeefe and I worked on yesterday
[10:03pm] jokeefe: good plan. Also Election dates: 10/7 for nominations and 10/14 for the new election
[10:03pm] Joe: We plan to do a list both for the MAPP and Nationally
[10:03pm] Joe: and the elections
[10:03pm] Joe: I plan on running for chair if I have all of your support
[10:04pm] srevilak: aye
[10:04pm] jokeefe: I have no objection
[10:04pm] jokeefe: any hoo, that is all I have
[10:04pm] Joe: Malt?
[10:04pm] jokeefe: anything else?
[10:04pm] Joe: Any word on computer donations?
[10:05pm] Malt: I'm all set
[10:05pm] jokeefe: not at this time. will contact the friend I know
[10:05pm] Joe: So no, you don't want me to run for chair or yes, I have your support?
[10:05pm] Joe: I may have another place to donate, but I have to check with them first
[10:06pm] jokeefe: wonderful
[10:06pm] jokeefe: shall we adjourn?
[10:06pm] Joe: 2nd
[10:06pm] srevilak: aye
[10:07pm] jokeefe: aye
[10:07pm] Malt: You got my support
[10:07pm] Joe: Ty Malt
[10:07pm] srevilak: I can post rest of transcript
[10:07pm] jokeefe: I got it
[10:08pm] srevilak: ok, thx
[10:08pm] jokeefe: if you could do the summary, that would be great
[10:08pm] jokeefe: thanks all. have a wonderful night. talk Sunday
[10:08pm] Malt: Night