September 25th, 2019 IRC Meeting
- 1 Review
- 2 Decisions/Endorsements
- 3 Projects
- 4 Tasks
- 5 Tabled Projects
- 6 Upcoming Events
- 7 Participants
- 8 Summary
- 9 Minutes
ToDo list - https://pad.riseup.net/p/2019MAPPConference-keep
Goals for Q3:
- Organize meetups
- Organize election
- Organize Fundraiser(s)
- Organize candidate trainings
- Revise platform
Looking at late October or November for the Holyoke meetup.
Malt is looking for a place/date for a Worcester meetup the month after the Holyoke meetup.
- Next pirate news recording scheduled for Sunday Sept 8th, 18:30.
Democracy and Dogfood (Tech)
Next meeting will be October 5th, 11am-1pm, possibly at E5. Topics are:
- find discussion/voting system;
- update CCTV cameras to include older cameras outside North America we didn't include;
- write an app to record the location/ownership of CCTV cameras;
- set up torrents for PirateCon videos (creynolds);
- post remaining audio for PirateCon talks (srevilak).
- jokeefe contacting friend who refurbishes computers for a non-profit
- Archived https://piratenpad.de/p/MassPiratesComputerDonations - move to wiki
Statement on Alabama/Ohio/Georgia Abortion ban bills/laws
Fight bills to make the Film Credit Permanent
H.2419 would make the film tax credit permanent. It is supposed to expire in 2023. The bill has 100+ signatures this time around. jokeefe will submit testimony.
National Platform reform/remake
These have been on our agenda for a long time. How do we make them a reality?
Boston Sex Worker Petition
Non-pirate guest speakers for Pirate News
CCTV camera map
Video Newsletter guest speakers
Worcester farm group is interested in having some FOSS tutorials. Perhaps:
- how to do basic labels in GIMP,
- work through a few sample spreadsheets related to seed cost and
- similarly applicable real-world situations, depending on the needs of the group
Basically how to do graph design & product management with open source tools. Malt will put together a one paragraph description of what we need and we can mail it out to ask pirates to help.
- 9/35, 6-9pm, Somerville Cryptoparty, The Sprouts
- 10/1, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Industry Lab, Cambridge
- 10/5, 11am-1pm, Democracy and Dogfood (Tech) Meeting, Arlington
- 10/8, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Democracy Center, Cambridge
- 10/15, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
- 10/22, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
- 10/29, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
- 11/5, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Industry Lab, Cambridge
- 11/12, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Democracy Center, Cambridge
- Nov/Dec, ?, Holyoke Pirate Meetup, Board Room, Holyoke Public Library, Holyoke
- Nov/Dec, ?, Worcester Pirate Meetup
[9:11pm] jokeefe: Agenda: https://masspirates.org/wiki/September_25th,_2019_IRC_Meeting [9:11pm] jokeefe: ids [9:11pm] Joe: Joseph Onoroski, Lowell [9:11pm] jokeefe: James O’Keefe, Somerville [9:11pm] jokeefe: Anything to add? [9:11pm] Joe: email [9:11pm] Joe: Under review [9:11pm] Joe: I'll add [9:12pm] jokeefe: ok [9:12pm] jokeefe: Review [9:12pm] jokeefe: Party Conference [9:13pm] Joe: I think it went pretty well [9:13pm] Joe: Though we had a tough time with the streaming [9:14pm] jokeefe: Yeah. [9:14pm] Joe: We had several guest speakers which each brought their own perspective. [9:15pm] Joe: And a delegation from NH [9:17pm] Joe: It seems that the delegation from NH was very active in the legislation. Makes me want to step up our game. [9:18pm] jokeefe: well it helps when someon is elected [9:18pm] jokeefe: Working with srevilak to get the videos processed [9:19pm] Joe: It seems that they were looking to figure out how we are. I hope we did not disappoint [9:19pm] jokeefe: Yes [9:21pm] jokeefe: Will get the deposit done and enter the attendees [9:21pm] Joe: If I could get the list so I can share with reporter7 [9:22pm] jokeefe: of course [9:22pm] Joe: for the OCPF [9:22pm] jokeefe: absolutely [9:22pm] Joe: <3 [9:22pm] jokeefe: we’ll need to test the streaming setup and test the internet access ahead of time next time [9:23pm] jokeefe: Will create a wiki page with the checklist for next time [9:23pm] Joe: ok [9:23pm] jokeefe: Projects [9:23pm] Joe: Sorry the streaming did not work. It seems to work here but I also pay a lot for internet [9:24pm] Malt: Fair [9:24pm] jokeefe: yeah [9:25pm] jokeefe: i’ll talk with E5 about the wifi issues we encountered. might be a good place for a mesh node, especially if we can get roof access [9:25pm] jokeefe: Regional Meetings [9:25pm] Malt: That would be great! [9:25pm] Joe: email? [9:25pm] Joe: review? [9:25pm] jokeefe: sorry [9:26pm] jokeefe: Email systems [9:26pm] Joe: No worries, figure this one you could explain better anyways [9:26pm] Joe: plus you'll prob be quick about it [9:27pm] jokeefe: We looked over the national database to see how we can contact supporters in it [9:28pm] jokeefe: Identified some things we need to setup to use it most effectively. [9:28pm] jokeefe: will talk with the person who set it up [9:28pm] jokeefe: to add what we need [9:29pm] Joe: emailing the rest of MA will be much easier now, and we will be able to do so on a regular basis [9:29pm] jokeefe: We should certainly contact the people in it from New England about joining our list and setting up a New England conference [9:30pm] jokeefe: Speaking of that, I plan to send out an email from our database soon [9:31pm] jokeefe: ready to move on to the next topic? [9:31pm] Joe: Aye [9:31pm] Joe: Just wanted to to keep it brief [9:32pm] jokeefe: cool [9:32pm] jokeefe: Regional Meetings [9:33pm] jokeefe: focusing on the conference got in the way, but still looking at setting up a Holyoke meeting [9:33pm] jokeefe: Malt, any luck with Worcester? [9:36pm] Malt: None [9:36pm] Malt: I'm just overwhelmed with baby stuff and work [9:38pm] jokeefe: I quite understand. How about if we try for the Spring? [9:39pm] Malt: Might be nice [9:39pm] jokeefe: A good goal, then [9:39pm] jokeefe: thanks [9:40pm] jokeefe: Video Newsletter [9:40pm] jokeefe: When would you like to record the next one? [9:40pm] Joe: Sunday at noon? [9:40pm] srevilak joined the chat room. [9:41pm] Malt: Think that should work [9:41pm] srevilak: sorry for being late -- meeting @ town hall [9:41pm] Joe: I have a wedding to go to Saturday night, so I want a little time to recover [9:41pm] srevilak: ran over [9:41pm] jokeefe: ahoy srevilak [9:41pm] Joe: Ahoy!