Difference between revisions of "September 4th, 2019 IRC Meeting"

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search
Line 123: Line 123:
  
 
   <nowiki>
 
   <nowiki>
 +
 +
 +
[9:03pm] jokeefe: Agenda: https://masspirates.org/wiki/September_4th,_2019_IRC_Meeting
 +
[9:03pm] jokeefe: ids
 +
[9:03pm] jokeefe: James O’Keefe, Somerville
 +
[9:03pm] Joe: Joseph Onoroski, Lowell
 +
[9:04pm] jokeefe: Anything to add?
 +
[9:05pm] Joe: Just todo. need to respond to people whom reach out to us.
 +
[9:05pm] Joe: I have an email I owe Norm, the gentleman whom came to the party
 +
[9:05pm] jokeefe: Christine is working on that
 +
[9:06pm] Joe: And doing a better job at it than I
 +
[9:06pm] jokeefe: No time like the present
 +
[9:07pm] jokeefe: Don’t think there is anything to review
 +
[9:07pm] Joe: Yeah, to many irons in the fire for me atm. Hoping things slow down a little
 +
[9:07pm] jokeefe: Decisions/Endorsements
 +
[9:07pm] jokeefe: Statement on Police Violence last Saturday?
 +
[9:07pm] Joe: Link?
 +
[9:07pm] jokeefe: so many twitter threads ...
 +
[9:09pm] Malt: Baby is 9 days old
 +
[9:10pm] jokeefe: so no time
 +
[9:10pm] Malt: Yeaaaa
 +
[9:10pm] Malt: Sorry
 +
[9:10pm] Malt: Everything happened at once
 +
[9:11pm] jokeefe: Will draft something and send to the email list.
 +
[9:11pm] jokeefe: for review
 +
[9:12pm] jokeefe: Here is one I found helpful - https://digboston.com/too-many-cops/
 +
[9:12pm] jokeefe: Projects
 +
[9:12pm] jokeefe: Freedom Rally Table
 +
[9:13pm] jokeefe: MassMesh is interested in tabling
 +
[9:14pm] Joe: Not enough support?
 +
[9:15pm] jokeefe: wanted to see if we could join them
 +
[9:16pm] Joe: Please clarify? I thought we supported them already
 +
[9:17pm] jokeefe: was thinking we should setup a table with them. does that work?
 +
[9:17pm] Joe: at the freedom rally?
 +
[9:18pm] Joe: I support either way
 +
[9:18pm] Joe: Just seeking clarity
 +
[9:19pm] jokeefe: no worries. will ask for volunteers then
 +
[9:20pm] jokeefe: Party Conference
 +
[9:22pm] jokeefe: Will share the link to the planning doc - https://pad.riseup.net/p/2019MAPPConference-keep
 +
[9:24pm] jokeefe: reaching out to volunteers
 +
[9:24pm] Joe: Activist list?
 +
[9:25pm] jokeefe: and volunteers
 +
[9:27pm] jokeefe: sorry, rather tired
 +
[9:27pm] jokeefe: I don’t have any more updates
 +
[9:28pm] jokeefe: I tried to release the video we recorded, but it thinks it is a scheduled event and there isn’t any video there.
 +
[9:29pm] jokeefe: Joe, would you have time to test our recording methods before we record at 6:30pm on Sunday.
 +
[9:29pm] Joe: Yeah, I'm not sure what happened to it
 +
[9:29pm] jokeefe: I thought it was there
 +
[9:29pm] Joe: I'm sure the issue is on my end, I don't think my PC can handle it anymore without some proper maintainance.
 +
[9:30pm] Joe: *maintenance
 +
[9:30pm] jokeefe: if you can walk me through it, I can try on mine computer
 +
[9:30pm] Joe: What type do you have, apple or pc?
 +
[9:31pm] Joe: or linx
 +
[9:31pm] jokeefe: apple
 +
[9:31pm] Malt: Or freebsd
 +
[9:31pm] jokeefe: technically macos is freebsd
 +
[9:31pm] Malt: OS/2
 +
[9:31pm] Malt: LOL
 +
[9:32pm] jokeefe: have worked on all of them
 +
[9:33pm] Malt: PalmOS?
 +
[9:33pm] Joe: I use xsplit broadcaster
 +
[9:33pm] Joe: But I am also on a PC
 +
[9:34pm] jokeefe: will look at it
 +
[9:34pm] Pirate_81293 joined the chat room.
 +
[9:34pm] Joe: I will try to record as well
 +
[9:35pm] Joe: see if I can work out a few bugs
 +
[9:35pm] jokeefe: could just record and then upload
 +
[9:35pm] Pirate_81293: Greetings fellow pirates
 +
[9:35pm] Joe: Ahoy
 +
[9:36pm] jokeefe: ahoy
  
 
   </nowiki>
 
   </nowiki>

Revision as of 21:36, 4 September 2019

Review

Decisions/Endorsements

Statement on Police Violence last Saturday

Projects

Goals for Q3:

  • Organize meetups
  • Organize election
  • Organize Fundraiser(s)
  • Organize candidate trainings
  • Revise platform

Freedom Rally Table

MassMesh is looking to setup a table on the common. Join them? What should we bring?

Party Conference

Party Conference is 9/21 at Encuentro 5

ToDo list - https://pad.riseup.net/p/2019MAPPConference-keep

Regional Meetings

Leader: jokeefe

Looking at late October or November for the Holyoke meetup.

Malt is looking for a place/date for a Worcester meetup the month after the Holyoke meetup.

Video Newsletter

Leader: Joseph

  • Next pirate news recording scheduled for Sunday Sept 8th, 18:30.

Democracy and Dogfood (Tech)

Next meeting will be October 5th, 11am-1pm, possibly at E5. Topics are:

  • find discussion/voting system;
  • update CCTV cameras to include older cameras outside North America we didn't include;
  • write an app to record the location/ownership of CCTV cameras;
  • set up torrents for PirateCon videos (creynolds);
  • post remaining audio for PirateCon talks (srevilak).

National Party

Computer Donations

Tasks

Statement on Alabama/Ohio/Georgia Abortion ban bills/laws

Fight bills to make the Film Credit Permanent

H.2419 would make the film tax credit permanent. It is supposed to expire in 2023. The bill has 100+ signatures this time around. jokeefe will submit testimony.

National Platform reform/remake

Tabled Projects

These have been on our agenda for a long time. How do we make them a reality?

Boston Sex Worker Petition

Non-pirate guest speakers for Pirate News

CCTV camera map

Video Newsletter guest speakers

FOSS Tutorials

Worcester farm group is interested in having some FOSS tutorials. Perhaps:

  • how to do basic labels in GIMP,
  • work through a few sample spreadsheets related to seed cost and
  • similarly applicable real-world situations, depending on the needs of the group

Basically how to do graph design & product management with open source tools. Malt will put together a one paragraph description of what we need and we can mail it out to ask pirates to help.

Upcoming Events

  • 9/10, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Democracy Center, Cambridge
  • 9/13-15, Freedom Rally, Boston Common
  • 9/17, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 9/21, 9-6pm, Party Conference, Encuentro 5, Park Street, Boston
  • 9/24, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 9/35, 6-9pm, Somerville Cryptoparty, The Sprouts
  • 10/1, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Industry Lab, Cambridge
  • 10/5, 11am-1pm, Democracy and Dogfood (Tech) Meeting, Arlington
  • 10/8, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Democracy Center, Cambridge
  • 10/15, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 10/22, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 10/29, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
  • 11/5, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Industry Lab, Cambridge
  • 11/12, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Democracy Center, Cambridge
  • Nov/Dec, ?, Holyoke Pirate Meetup, Board Room, Holyoke Public Library, Holyoke
  • Nov/Dec, ?, Worcester Pirate Meetup

Participants

Observers

  • bonelesspepsi[m]
  • davidd
  • hvxgr
  • MikaelaSuomalainen
  • Deffy
  • haskal[m]

Summary

Minutes

 


[9:03pm] jokeefe: Agenda: https://masspirates.org/wiki/September_4th,_2019_IRC_Meeting
[9:03pm] jokeefe: ids
[9:03pm] jokeefe: James O’Keefe, Somerville
[9:03pm] Joe: Joseph Onoroski, Lowell
[9:04pm] jokeefe: Anything to add?
[9:05pm] Joe: Just todo. need to respond to people whom reach out to us.
[9:05pm] Joe: I have an email I owe Norm, the gentleman whom came to the party
[9:05pm] jokeefe: Christine is working on that
[9:06pm] Joe: And doing a better job at it than I
[9:06pm] jokeefe: No time like the present
[9:07pm] jokeefe: Don’t think there is anything to review
[9:07pm] Joe: Yeah, to many irons in the fire for me atm. Hoping things slow down a little
[9:07pm] jokeefe: Decisions/Endorsements
[9:07pm] jokeefe: Statement on Police Violence last Saturday?
[9:07pm] Joe: Link?
[9:07pm] jokeefe: so many twitter threads ...
[9:09pm] Malt: Baby is 9 days old
[9:10pm] jokeefe: so no time
[9:10pm] Malt: Yeaaaa
[9:10pm] Malt: Sorry
[9:10pm] Malt: Everything happened at once
[9:11pm] jokeefe: Will draft something and send to the email list.
[9:11pm] jokeefe: for review
[9:12pm] jokeefe: Here is one I found helpful - https://digboston.com/too-many-cops/
[9:12pm] jokeefe: Projects
[9:12pm] jokeefe: Freedom Rally Table
[9:13pm] jokeefe: MassMesh is interested in tabling
[9:14pm] Joe: Not enough support?
[9:15pm] jokeefe: wanted to see if we could join them
[9:16pm] Joe: Please clarify? I thought we supported them already
[9:17pm] jokeefe: was thinking we should setup a table with them. does that work?
[9:17pm] Joe: at the freedom rally?
[9:18pm] Joe: I support either way
[9:18pm] Joe: Just seeking clarity
[9:19pm] jokeefe: no worries. will ask for volunteers then
[9:20pm] jokeefe: Party Conference
[9:22pm] jokeefe: Will share the link to the planning doc - https://pad.riseup.net/p/2019MAPPConference-keep
[9:24pm] jokeefe: reaching out to volunteers
[9:24pm] Joe: Activist list?
[9:25pm] jokeefe: and volunteers
[9:27pm] jokeefe: sorry, rather tired
[9:27pm] jokeefe: I don’t have any more updates
[9:28pm] jokeefe: I tried to release the video we recorded, but it thinks it is a scheduled event and there isn’t any video there.
[9:29pm] jokeefe: Joe, would you have time to test our recording methods before we record at 6:30pm on Sunday.
[9:29pm] Joe: Yeah, I'm not sure what happened to it
[9:29pm] jokeefe: I thought it was there
[9:29pm] Joe: I'm sure the issue is on my end, I don't think my PC can handle it anymore without some proper maintainance.
[9:30pm] Joe: *maintenance
[9:30pm] jokeefe: if you can walk me through it, I can try on mine computer
[9:30pm] Joe: What type do you have, apple or pc?
[9:31pm] Joe: or linx
[9:31pm] jokeefe: apple
[9:31pm] Malt: Or freebsd
[9:31pm] jokeefe: technically macos is freebsd 
[9:31pm] Malt: OS/2
[9:31pm] Malt: LOL
[9:32pm] jokeefe: have worked on all of them
[9:33pm] Malt: PalmOS?
[9:33pm] Joe: I use xsplit broadcaster
[9:33pm] Joe: But I am also on a PC
[9:34pm] jokeefe: will look at it
[9:34pm] Pirate_81293 joined the chat room.
[9:34pm] Joe: I will try to record as well
[9:35pm] Joe: see if I can work out a few bugs
[9:35pm] jokeefe: could just record and then upload
[9:35pm] Pirate_81293: Greetings fellow pirates
[9:35pm] Joe: Ahoy
[9:36pm] jokeefe: ahoy