September 4th, 2019 IRC Meeting
- 1 Review
- 2 Decisions/Endorsements
- 3 Projects
- 4 Tasks
- 5 Tabled Projects
- 6 Upcoming Events
- 7 Participants
- 8 Summary
- 9 Minutes
Statement on Police Violence last Saturday
Goals for Q3:
- Organize meetups
- Organize election
- Organize Fundraiser(s)
- Organize candidate trainings
- Revise platform
Freedom Rally Table
MassMesh is looking to setup a table on the common. Join them? What should we bring?
Party Conference is 9/21 at Encuentro 5
ToDo list - https://pad.riseup.net/p/2019MAPPConference-keep
Looking at late October or November for the Holyoke meetup.
Malt is looking for a place/date for a Worcester meetup the month after the Holyoke meetup.
- Next pirate news recording scheduled for Sunday Sept 8th, 18:30.
Democracy and Dogfood (Tech)
Next meeting will be October 5th, 11am-1pm, possibly at E5. Topics are:
- find discussion/voting system;
- update CCTV cameras to include older cameras outside North America we didn't include;
- write an app to record the location/ownership of CCTV cameras;
- set up torrents for PirateCon videos (creynolds);
- post remaining audio for PirateCon talks (srevilak).
- jokeefe contacting friend who refurbishes computers for a non-profit
- Archived https://piratenpad.de/p/MassPiratesComputerDonations - move to wiki
Statement on Alabama/Ohio/Georgia Abortion ban bills/laws
Fight bills to make the Film Credit Permanent
H.2419 would make the film tax credit permanent. It is supposed to expire in 2023. The bill has 100+ signatures this time around. jokeefe will submit testimony.
National Platform reform/remake
These have been on our agenda for a long time. How do we make them a reality?
Boston Sex Worker Petition
Non-pirate guest speakers for Pirate News
CCTV camera map
Video Newsletter guest speakers
Worcester farm group is interested in having some FOSS tutorials. Perhaps:
- how to do basic labels in GIMP,
- work through a few sample spreadsheets related to seed cost and
- similarly applicable real-world situations, depending on the needs of the group
Basically how to do graph design & product management with open source tools. Malt will put together a one paragraph description of what we need and we can mail it out to ask pirates to help.
- 9/10, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Democracy Center, Cambridge
- 9/13-15, Freedom Rally, Boston Common
- 9/17, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
- 9/21, 9-6pm, Party Conference, Encuentro 5, Park Street, Boston
- 9/24, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
- 9/35, 6-9pm, Somerville Cryptoparty, The Sprouts
- 10/1, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Industry Lab, Cambridge
- 10/5, 11am-1pm, Democracy and Dogfood (Tech) Meeting, Arlington
- 10/8, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Democracy Center, Cambridge
- 10/15, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
- 10/22, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
- 10/29, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting
- 11/5, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Industry Lab, Cambridge
- 11/12, 7-9pm, Mass MeshNet Tech Meeting, Democracy Center, Cambridge
- Nov/Dec, ?, Holyoke Pirate Meetup, Board Room, Holyoke Public Library, Holyoke
- Nov/Dec, ?, Worcester Pirate Meetup
[9:03pm] jokeefe: Agenda: https://masspirates.org/wiki/September_4th,_2019_IRC_Meeting [9:03pm] jokeefe: ids [9:03pm] jokeefe: James O’Keefe, Somerville [9:03pm] Joe: Joseph Onoroski, Lowell [9:04pm] jokeefe: Anything to add? [9:05pm] Joe: Just todo. need to respond to people whom reach out to us. [9:05pm] Joe: I have an email I owe Norm, the gentleman whom came to the party [9:05pm] jokeefe: Christine is working on that [9:06pm] Joe: And doing a better job at it than I [9:06pm] jokeefe: No time like the present [9:07pm] jokeefe: Don’t think there is anything to review [9:07pm] Joe: Yeah, to many irons in the fire for me atm. Hoping things slow down a little [9:07pm] jokeefe: Decisions/Endorsements [9:07pm] jokeefe: Statement on Police Violence last Saturday? [9:07pm] Joe: Link? [9:07pm] jokeefe: so many twitter threads ... [9:09pm] Malt: Baby is 9 days old [9:10pm] jokeefe: so no time [9:10pm] Malt: Yeaaaa [9:10pm] Malt: Sorry [9:10pm] Malt: Everything happened at once [9:11pm] jokeefe: Will draft something and send to the email list. [9:11pm] jokeefe: for review [9:12pm] jokeefe: Here is one I found helpful - https://digboston.com/too-many-cops/ [9:12pm] jokeefe: Projects [9:12pm] jokeefe: Freedom Rally Table [9:13pm] jokeefe: MassMesh is interested in tabling [9:14pm] Joe: Not enough support? [9:15pm] jokeefe: wanted to see if we could join them [9:16pm] Joe: Please clarify? I thought we supported them already [9:17pm] jokeefe: was thinking we should setup a table with them. does that work? [9:17pm] Joe: at the freedom rally? [9:18pm] Joe: I support either way [9:18pm] Joe: Just seeking clarity [9:19pm] jokeefe: no worries. will ask for volunteers then [9:20pm] jokeefe: Party Conference [9:22pm] jokeefe: Will share the link to the planning doc - https://pad.riseup.net/p/2019MAPPConference-keep [9:24pm] jokeefe: reaching out to volunteers [9:24pm] Joe: Activist list? [9:25pm] jokeefe: and volunteers [9:27pm] jokeefe: sorry, rather tired [9:27pm] jokeefe: I don’t have any more updates [9:28pm] jokeefe: I tried to release the video we recorded, but it thinks it is a scheduled event and there isn’t any video there. [9:29pm] jokeefe: Joe, would you have time to test our recording methods before we record at 6:30pm on Sunday. [9:29pm] Joe: Yeah, I'm not sure what happened to it [9:29pm] jokeefe: I thought it was there [9:29pm] Joe: I'm sure the issue is on my end, I don't think my PC can handle it anymore without some proper maintainance. [9:30pm] Joe: *maintenance [9:30pm] jokeefe: if you can walk me through it, I can try on mine computer [9:30pm] Joe: What type do you have, apple or pc? [9:31pm] Joe: or linx [9:31pm] jokeefe: apple [9:31pm] Malt: Or freebsd [9:31pm] jokeefe: technically macos is freebsd [9:31pm] Malt: OS/2 [9:31pm] Malt: LOL [9:32pm] jokeefe: have worked on all of them [9:33pm] Malt: PalmOS? [9:33pm] Joe: I use xsplit broadcaster [9:33pm] Joe: But I am also on a PC [9:34pm] jokeefe: will look at it [9:34pm] Pirate_81293 joined the chat room. [9:34pm] Joe: I will try to record as well [9:35pm] Joe: see if I can work out a few bugs [9:35pm] jokeefe: could just record and then upload [9:35pm] Pirate_81293: Greetings fellow pirates [9:35pm] Joe: Ahoy [9:36pm] jokeefe: ahoy [9:37pm] Joe: So that said, may we do our next recording Sunday evening? [9:38pm] jokeefe: I think so. [9:38pm] Joe: 7:30 pm? [9:38pm] jokeefe: Notes have it as 6:30pm. Does that still work? [9:39pm] Joe: Aye [9:39pm] Pirate_81293 left the chat room. (Quit: https://webchat.pirateirc.net/) [9:40pm] Malt: Should be ok on my end [9:40pm] jokeefe: Great. Let’s plan for that then. Will send out a reminder. [9:40pm] jokeefe: Hopefully Christine can make it, though I think srevilak won’t be able to. [9:41pm] Joe: Ok. That's all I have atm. [9:41pm] Joe: Malt? [9:43pm] jokeefe: That’s all I have. [9:43pm] Joe: Motion to Adjourn? [9:43pm] jokeefe: 2nd [9:43pm] jokeefe: all in favor [9:43pm] Joe: Aye [9:43pm] jokeefe: aye [9:44pm] Joe: Good night [9:44pm] jokeefe: good night