April 16th, 2015 IRC Meeting

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search

Review

Decisions

CISA Petition

  1. Outreach

PirateCon 2015

  1. Participants: https://piratenpad.de/p/2015PirateConSchedule
  2. Materials/Logistics: https://piratenpad.de/p/2015PirateConSiteDetails
  3. Outreach
    1. Poster / flyers - put up
    2. Web site update - schedule a few posts on it
    3. Email blast - schedule emails for next week
    4. Facebook Event - share
    5. Linked in - ?
    6. act-ma, others lists
    7. Craigslist
    8. Meetup - setup
    9. radio
    10. others?
  4. Media
    1. Press list
    2. Press releases - when?

Event Planning

  1. May 2, Point to Point Camp Cryptoparty, Cambridge
  2. May 6, International Day against DRM Standout - where?
  3. May 17, noon-4pm, Together Boston Cryptoparty, Danger!Awesome, Cambridge
  4. May 29-31, Panel for Left Forum, NYC
  5. Jun. 13, Boston Pride Parade - need sign up form
  6. Summer, INEAS org cryptoparty?
  7. Sep. 19 & 20, Freedom Rally - need sign up form

New Materials

Defer to next meeting

  1. Restore the 4th Bills - Jamie hasn't posted blog post about them. Will this weekend.
    1. SD1546 Mandates Police Bodycams, protects data - Summary, Bill text
    2. HD430, Reining in Militarization in Massachusetts - Summary & Bill text

Events Summary

  1. Apr. 9, Boston College Internet Law Society cryptoparty, srevilak presenting, others wanted
  2. Apr. 25, PirateCon 2015
  3. May 2, Point to Point Camp cryptoparty
  4. May 6, International Day against DRM
  5. May 10-17, Together Boston Cryptoparty?
  6. Jun. 13, Boston Pride Parade
  7. Jun. event?
  8. Jul. event?
  9. Aug. event?
  10. Sep., Freedom Rally
  11. Oct. event?
  12. Nov. event?
  13. Dec. event?

Every Thu., Digital Fourth meeting, 11:20am-1:30pm, Voltage Cafe, Third Street, Cambridge

Participants

  • Kendra
  • srevilak
  • jokeefe
  • igel
  • BLuestreak
  • davidd

Observers

  • Pharyngeal
  • zby

Summary

Minutes

 
21:09 < jokeefe> ids - James O’Keefe, Somerville
21:10 < Bluestreak> Lucia Fiero
21:11 < srevilak> Steve Revilak, Arlingon, MA
21:11 < igel> William Fleurant, Arlington MA
21:11 < jokeefe> good for paper_waves, how was the turnout?
21:12 < srevilak> decent turnout.  10-12 people, I think?
21:13 < davidd> http://piratetimes.net/two-piratecons-in-two-hemispheres/
21:14 < srevilak> nice photo mashup :)
21:15 < jokeefe> yes, though no mention of Falkvinge speaking
        unfortunately
21:15 < jokeefe> nice to get mentioned
21:15 < davidd> so send them a mail or drop in the channel on this server
        by clicking there -> #piratetimes
21:15 < davidd> and make them link you and the previous piratecon
21:16 < Bluestreak> You’re FB friends w/ Andrew, too...
21:16 < jokeefe> yes
21:16 < Bluestreak> Just let him know you want an unpdate.
21:16 < jokeefe> CISA Petition - not sure when the vote will be, but we
        should plan to drop it off.
21:17 < srevilak> at last check, there were something like 16 signatures
21:17 < jokeefe> sigh
21:19 < jokeefe> I can drop them off on the 24th, but not earlier.
21:19 < srevilak> jokeefe: we advertised petition on email.  Given size
        of our email list, that's a 4% response rate
21:19 < jokeefe> ahoy Kendra
21:19 < srevilak> nothing to sneeze at
21:19 < Kendra> hi all
21:20 < jokeefe> Well we have time to get more signatures.  Need a
        statement to give to Warren/Markey.
21:20 < jokeefe> anyone up for writing it?
21:21 < igel> hi Kendra
21:23 < srevilak> jokeefe: I can write something between now and the 24th
21:24 < srevilak> we're up to 17 signatures, btw
21:27 < Bluestreak> I… don’t think I signed it. Is is on the blog?
21:27 < jokeefe> yes, check the side bar
21:27 < jokeefe> thanks srevilak, try with a pirate pad, I can help edit
        over the weekend
21:28 < srevilak> will do
21:28 < jokeefe> (sorry was away dealing with cleanup from flooding)
21:28 < jokeefe> thanks
21:29 < jokeefe> Looks like fast track is moving forward fast.  Maybe it
        will go to a vote soon.  A post would be good if anyone can help to
        write one
21:30 < Kendra> I'm sorry I missed the beginning of that are you
        discussing the TPP?
21:30 < jokeefe> sorry - agenda at
        https://masspirates.org/wiki/April_16th,_2015_IRC_Meeting
21:30 < Kendra> I am assuming?
21:30 < jokeefe> finished discussing CISA, just threw in TPP/Fasttrack
        update
21:31 < Kendra> I have to mention there are huge marches planned for
        May 1st
21:31 < Kendra> Labor Solidarity STUFF
21:32 < Kendra> accidental caps
21:32 < igel> Thank you for signing Tell Senators Warren & Markey to
        Oppose CISA.
21:32 < srevilak> Kendra: thanks for reminder.  Have to put in for a
        vacation day on 5/1.  After all, it's labor day :)
21:34 < Kendra>  We really can't miss that, it's a good outreach day
        even just if we pass through and a Friday.
21:34 < jokeefe> Thanks for the update, Kendra.
21:34 < jokeefe> If you know of any links, please share
21:34 < jokeefe> I’ll make a pass at a post for TPP/Fast Track
21:34 < jokeefe> and share it around
21:35 < jokeefe> PirateCon 2015
21:35 < jokeefe> posters are up at MIT
21:35 < srevilak> I can do some flyering this weekend
21:35 < jokeefe> if anyone can visit other campuses, that would be good
21:36 < jokeefe> thanks
21:36 < igel> k
21:36 < jokeefe> Web site update - page has been updated, need to add
        more on bios
21:37 < jokeefe> will see about doing more posts
21:37 < jokeefe> sent an email out this morning.  should have another
        next week
21:37 < srevilak> I have some bio information; will try to incorporate
        it this weekend
21:38 < jokeefe> Lucia put the Facebook Event up.  Not up at the blog
        page.  will add that
21:38 < jokeefe> thanks, srevilak
21:38 < jokeefe> Meetup event is up
21:39 < jokeefe> did anyone put something up at Linked in?
21:39 < jokeefe> act-ma?
21:39 < jokeefe> craigs list?
21:39 < Kendra> I am putting it up tonight, just figuring out how to
        format it.
21:39 < jokeefe> which one?
21:40 < Kendra> I sent it to act-ma, but their mail server is having
        problems, Charlie is working on it.
21:40 < srevilak> I can do craigslist
21:40 < Kendra> I am putting it on my own Linked in, do I have acces to
        the MPP linke in?
21:40 < igel> i have to afk
21:40 < igel> try to be bakc soon :]
21:41 < jokeefe> ok
21:41 < srevilak> Kendra: there's a mass pirate party group on linked in.
        I *think* you just need to join the group (could be wrong, though)
21:44 < jokeefe> anyone available to go on Two hotheads if they have
        a slot?
21:44 < Bluestreak> Phone it in?
21:44 < Kendra> Who is it?
21:44 < Bluestreak> And when?
21:44 < srevilak> depends on when
21:46 < Bluestreak> Have you already talked to Mike?
21:46 < jokeefe> Sat 6pm
21:47 < jokeefe> Bluestreak, sadly not
21:47 < Bluestreak> Oh you mean young Jurks then
21:47 < jokeefe> yes
21:47 < Bluestreak> And you mean AFTER Pirate Con
21:47 < jokeefe> https://www.facebook.com/theyoungjurks?_rdr
21:47 < igel> ello!
21:48 < jokeefe> was hoping before, Bluestreak, but may not be possible
21:48 < Bluestreak> Oh this Sat.
21:48 < Bluestreak> Sure I will get on that.
21:48 < Bluestreak> Jason and I often listen and I call in.
21:49 < Bluestreak> I will ping him tonight follow up tomorrow.
21:49 < Bluestreak> Just promo spot?
21:49 < jokeefe> thanks, even a mention would be great
21:49 < Bluestreak> He will prolly give us 3-5 minutes.
21:50 < jokeefe> That would be great, thanks for asking, Bluestreak
21:50 < Bluestreak> Pinged him.
21:50 < Bluestreak> He might not reply until tomorrow.
21:50 < jokeefe> any other ways to get the word out?
21:51 < srevilak> SCATV?
21:51 < srevilak> If we have another show coming up
21:51 < igel> ah cool
21:51 < Bluestreak> They...
21:52 < Bluestreak> They have like a community bulletin board, yes?
21:52 < Bluestreak> When they are off the air?
21:52 < Bluestreak> Do you ever tune in, Jamie?
21:52 < jokeefe> not nearly enough, Bluestreak
21:52 < Bluestreak> lol who has time?
21:53 < srevilak> What about college/community radio?  WMBR (MIT), WMFO
        (tufts), and Emerson college?
21:53 < Bluestreak> I am pinging Erica.
21:53 < srevilak> BNN?
21:53 < srevilak> (as in Boston News Network, Lolita Kelsey)
21:53 < jokeefe> great ideas
21:54 < srevilak> I can write to Lolita
21:55 < jokeefe> I may have a contact at Emerson.  Will look them up.
        Not sure about the other two.
21:55 < Bluestreak> ERS is a great idea.
21:55 < srevilak> we could always check the fine web, and see if they
        have a process for event announcments
21:55 < srevilak> any volunteers?
21:56 < Bluestreak> Might as well ask Charels if he will give us mention.
21:56 < Bluestreak> Charles
21:56 < jokeefe> I will be very busy for the next day or two.
21:57 < Bluestreak> Sorry I can’r be of more assistance.
21:57 < Bluestreak> Life had other plans for me!
21:57 < jokeefe> thanks for what you are able to do!
21:57 < Bluestreak> Calling ppl is easy.
21:59 < jokeefe> Media list - srevilak, will send it to you tonight
21:59 < jokeefe> see about a PR this weekend
22:00 < srevilak> jokeefe: thx. Will get it imported
22:01 < jokeefe> anything else?
22:02 < srevilak> I have a bunch of town meeting stuff to read :)
22:02 < jokeefe> great!
22:02 < jokeefe> motion to adjourn?
22:02 < srevilak> motion to adjourn
22:02 < jokeefe> 2nd?
22:02 < Bluestreak> 2nd
22:02 < jokeefe> all in favor?
22:02 < Bluestreak> aye
22:03 < Bluestreak> Have a super safe trip, sir.
22:03 < srevilak> will post notes
22:03 < Bluestreak> Nighty night all
22:03 < Kendra> nite
22:04 < jokeefe> aye
22:04 < jokeefe> motion passes.
22:04 < jokeefe> thanks all!