April 18th, 2017 IRC Meeting

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search

Review

Decisions/Endorsements

California Pirate Party wants to join the national party. They are coming up to speed nicely. Suggest we sponsor them.

Projects

March for Science

Conference

  • PirateCon 2017 Topics
  • Write to panelists. Make sure they're okay with proposed times. See if they'd like to retitle their panel.
  • Press outreach
    • Press Release
    • Call press
  • Outreach
    • Poster/flyers - Kate is working on it
    • Email reminders/blog posts (jokeefe)
  • Piratecon code of conduct (srevilak/G)
  • Decide which planks to work on during breakout groups
  • We'll need volunteers, esp for setup and registration
  • Alternate plans for streaming bandwidth?
  • List of stuff to bring. Here is last year's list, as a reference

Campaign Workshops

Local Surveillance Ordinances

Projects On Hold For the Moment

Fundraising

Planks

Message board application

CCTV Camera Map

Looking at organizing a map-a-thon.

Together Boston Meshnet

MAAPL Fight Foreclosure Campaign

Upcoming Events

See: 2017 calendar

Participants

  • srevilak (Steve Revilak, Arlington)
  • moses
  • jokeefe (James O'Keefe, Somerville)
  • HarambeForever (G, Lowell)

Observers

  • Techrev
  • davidd
  • papegaai
  • igel

Summary

California Pirate Pary is interested in joining the US Pirate Party. Looks like they've been busy the last few months. We will sponsor their application to the PNC.

March for science. Takes place Saturday, April 22nd, from 13:00 - 16:00. This will be a stationary event (no marching). We'll meet up behind the visitor's center on Boston Common, at 14:00. Look for the banner.

PirateCon. Logistics. Press release is one. Flyers are in progress. Steve will work on code of conduct. Regarding streaming: we got a good signal at CCB during our walk-through. Plan B would have us using CCB's wireless. Plan C is to stream audio-only (no video).

Minutes

 
21:01 < jokeefe> agenda:
        https://masspirates.org/wiki/April_18th,_2017_IRC_Meeting
21:01 < papegaai> Title: April 18th, 2017 IRC Meeting - Mass Pirate Wiki
        (at masspirates.org)
21:01 < jokeefe> ids
21:01 < jokeefe> James O’Keefe, Somerville
21:02 < srevilak> Steve Revilak, Arlington, MA
21:02 < HarambeForever> G Lowell
21:04 < jokeefe> Anything to add?
21:05 < jokeefe> hi from Syracuse
21:05 < srevilak> Syracuse?
21:05 < HarambeForever> did you run away and join the antifa hordes?
21:05 < srevilak> https://piratenpad.de/p/MAPPPirateCon2017
21:08 < jokeefe> Decisions/Endorsements
21:08 < jokeefe> California Pirate Party wants to join the national
        party. They are coming up to speed nicely. Suggest we sponsor them.
21:09 < srevilak> What would sponsoring CAPP entail?
21:09 < HarambeForever> they got a site up? :D
21:10 < srevilak> https://www.calpirateparty.org/
21:10 < papegaai> Title: California Pirate Party Come aboard and sail
        free! (at www.calpirateparty.org)
21:10 < jokeefe> see:
        https://wiki.pirate-party.us/Pirate_National_Committee_(PNC)/Bylaws#Section_3:_Representation
21:10 < jokeefe> The Applicant State shall ask a current Representative
        in the PNC to be a Sponsor for their application.
21:10 < jokeefe> At a PNC meeting, the Sponsor shall move to grant
        Representation to the Applicant State, which shall pass by majority
        vote. At least one prospective Representative from the Applicant State
        shall attend this meeting.
21:12 < HarambeForever> erm.... are they cool? if they're cool i'm cool
        with it :P
21:12 < jokeefe> they are
21:13 < srevilak> No objections here.  Seems like a straightforward
        process
21:13 < HarambeForever> i'm good w it :D
21:15 < jokeefe> any other thoughts?
21:15 < jokeefe> igel, moses?
21:16 < HarambeForever> other thoughts? more the merrier? :D
21:17 < srevilak> Looking over postings on
        https://www.calpirateparty.org/, looks like they've been busy during
        the last couple of months.  That's great to see
21:17 < jokeefe> aye
21:17 < jokeefe> I support it as well and not seeing any objections,
        motion passes.
21:17 < jokeefe> Will tell them we will sponsor them
21:18 < HarambeForever> BOOM. that's how you do it
21:18 < srevilak> :)
21:18 < jokeefe> Projects
21:18 < jokeefe> March for Science:
21:18 < jokeefe> suggest we bring sign stuff and have people their own
21:19 < HarambeForever> science is destroying the world
21:19 < HarambeForever> j/s
21:19 < jokeefe> click click click ;-)
21:19 < srevilak> jokeefe: should we bring a banner?
21:20 < jokeefe> yes
21:20 < jokeefe> where to assemble?
21:22  * srevilak looks at https://www.marchforscienceboston.com/
21:22 < srevilak> according to
        https://www.marchforscienceboston.com/day-of, it will be a stationary
        event.  No march
21:22 < jokeefe> yes
21:23 < srevilak> We could meet up behind visitors center on Boston common
21:23 < jokeefe> works for me
21:26 < srevilak> I don't see details re: where on the common the various
        events will take place
21:26 < srevilak> With event going from 13:00 - 16:00, should we plan
        to meet up at 13:00?
21:26 < srevilak> Or a different time?
21:28 < jokeefe> I can be there by 2pm, but could just meet up with you
        all when I get there
21:29 < srevilak> I'm fine with 2pm
21:29 < jokeefe> ok. will get the announcement out then
21:31 < jokeefe> Noe should be there
21:31 < jokeefe> when is the cryptoparty table?
21:32 < jokeefe> at the socialist event
21:32 < srevilak> waiting to hear back
21:32 < jokeefe> ok
21:33 < jokeefe> Conference
21:33 < srevilak> According to http://www.bostonsocialistunity.org/,
        looks like we'd have exhibition table for the day
21:34 < jokeefe> https://piratenpad.de/p/MAPPPirateCon2017
21:35 < jokeefe> press release is done. will email them out
21:36 < moses> great
21:38 < jokeefe> Outreach - have someone making flyers
21:38 < jokeefe> Piratecon code of conduct?
21:39 < srevilak> I can take a first draft later this week.
        HarambeForever - will touch base w/you via email
21:39 < jokeefe> thanks
21:39 < moses> we discussed this last week no?
21:39 < HarambeForever> it's okay i don't have to third wheel you,
        srevilak
21:40 < HarambeForever> if you want my help i am happy to, but otherwise
        i'm happy not to
21:40 < HarambeForever> :D
21:41 < jokeefe> Will send https://piratenpad.de/p/MAPPPirateCon2017
        to volunteers
21:41 < srevilak> HarambeForever: ok
21:43 < srevilak> moses: yes.  Hasn't been written yet, though
21:45 < jokeefe> Alternate plans for streaming bandwidth?
21:45 < srevilak> I don't think we're going to need them
21:46 < srevilak> Got a decent signal during walk through.  If that
        doesn't work, we have CCB's wireless.  Plan C is audio-only streaming
21:47 < srevilak> Unless there are other ideas
21:47 < jokeefe> ok
21:48 < jokeefe> anyone able to put up posters, once we have them?
21:50 < HarambeForever> put posters up where? what do you mean? i'm up
        in Lowell so it's kinda a pain to get into Boston by rails
21:50 < jokeefe> where ever you can
21:56 < jokeefe> Campaign workshop still on - 4/25, 5-8pm, Campaign
        Workshop, Holyoke Public Library Community Room, 250 Chestnut St, Holyoke
21:57 < jokeefe> Local Surveillance Ordinances - I don’t have any
        updates, srevilak?
21:59 < jokeefe> we are at time
21:59 < jokeefe> adjourn?
21:59 < srevilak> no updates on local surveillance ordinances
21:59 < jokeefe> thanks
21:59 < srevilak> second motion to adjourn
21:59 < jokeefe> all in favor?
21:59 < HarambeForever> aye
21:59 < jokeefe> aye
22:00 < srevilak> will post transcript