April 27th, 2017 IRC Meeting

From Mass Pirate Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search

Review

Decisions/Endorsements

Projects

Conference

  • PirateCon 2017 Topics
  • Write to panelists. Make sure they're okay with proposed times. See if they'd like to retitle their panel.
  • Press outreach
    • Press Release
    • Call press
  • Outreach
    • Poster/flyers - Kate is working on it
    • Email reminders/blog posts (jokeefe)
  • Piratecon code of conduct (srevilak/G)
  • Decide which planks to work on during breakout groups
  • We'll need volunteers, esp for setup and registration
  • Alternate plans for streaming bandwidth?
  • List of stuff to bring. Here is last year's list, as a reference

Projects On Hold For the Moment

Campaign Workshops

Local Surveillance Ordinances

Fundraising

Planks

Message board application

CCTV Camera Map

Looking at organizing a map-a-thon.

Together Boston Meshnet

MAAPL Fight Foreclosure Campaign

Upcoming Events

See: 2017 calendar

Participants

  • jokeefe
  • hvxgr
  • srevilak

Observers

  • davidd
  • papegaai
  • igel

Summary

Lots of last minute preparations for the conference.

Minutes

 
21:17 < jokeefe> Agenda -
        https://masspirates.org/wiki/April_27th,_2017_IRC_Meeting
21:17 < papegaai> Title: April 27th, 2017 IRC Meeting - Mass Pirate Wiki
        (at masspirates.org)
21:17 < jokeefe> ids
21:17 < jokeefe> James O’Keefe, Somerville
21:18 < srevilak> Steve Revilak, Arlington
21:18 < hvxgr> Tom Rodman, Milwaukee
21:19 < jokeefe> Conference Check List
        https://piratenpad.de/p/MAPPPirateCon2017
21:20 < jokeefe> updating my entries
21:21 < srevilak> hello hvxgr, how are things in Milwaukee?
21:22 < srevilak> I see that my remarks during
        last night's town meeting made the local news blog
        https://www.yourarlington.com/arlington-archives/town-school/town-meeting/13294-tm-17-02
21:23 < jokeefe> congratulations
21:23 < hvxgr> srevilak: Good. I'm in between jobs, trying to figure out
        what to do w/next decade of my life.  Concerned w/Syria/foreign policy
        in general.
21:24 < srevilak> heavy topics
21:25 < jokeefe> aye
21:26 < hvxgr> Green pty here is working on bill to legalize marijuana
        (George Martin).
21:27 < jokeefe> I will post the check list to see who else can take tasks
21:27 < srevilak> I hope your path is less roundabout than MA's.
21:27 < srevilak> We legalized by state referendum, but the state
        legislature has been seriously dragging their heels on it
21:28 < srevilak> which, unfortunately,is how our state legislature
        tends to treat laws passed by referendum
21:29 < srevilak> jokeefe: can you safe conference page on wiki.  Need to
        add a bio
21:29 < jokeefe> you mean blog?
21:29 < srevilak> s/wiki/blog/
21:29 < srevilak> yes, sorry, been a long day
21:31 < jokeefe> no worries
21:31 < jokeefe> done
21:32 < jokeefe> We have Wendy for the first panel
21:32 < jokeefe> as well
21:32 < srevilak> great
21:32 < jokeefe> I updated their bios
21:32 < srevilak> hvxgr: we have our annual conference coming up this
        weekend, so much running around in preparation for that :)
21:33 -!- Moses [webchat@82.136.vp.hyn] has joined #masspirates
21:33 < srevilak> hi moses
21:34 < hvxgr> Good for me to watch, I like pirates use of FLOSS tools.
        Been trying to promote use in Green pty of etherpad under wikimedia domain
        (I think).
21:36 < hvxgr> URL for new blog?
21:36 < jokeefe> ahoy Moses
21:36 < srevilak> hvxgr: new blog?
21:36 < jokeefe> We are just going over the the conference todo list
        https://piratenpad.de/p/MAPPPirateCon2017
21:36 < srevilak> blog is https://masspirates.org/blog/
21:36 < papegaai> Title: Massachusetts Pirate Party | The Party of
        Open: Open Government, Open Culture, Open Innovation & People First
        (at masspirates.org)
21:38 < hvxgr> srevilak: Was refering to s/wiki/blog/    I'm watching
        that piratepad doc.  Will take a look at blog.
21:39 < srevilak> wiki is https://masspirates.org/wiki/
21:39 < papegaai> Title: Mass Pirate Wiki (at masspirates.org)
21:39 < srevilak> Speaking of which,
        https://masspirates.org/wiki/April_27th,_2017_IRC_Meeting
21:39 < papegaai> Title: April 27th, 2017 IRC Meeting - Mass Pirate Wiki
        (at masspirates.org)
21:45 < srevilak> WRT to the list, I'll assemble my things, take care
        of my todos on tomorrow night, and will be there at 9am for setup.
        Will focus on A/V & streaming setup
21:45 < jokeefe> great
21:45 < jokeefe> I will do the same
21:46 < srevilak> In terms of the open space session (pirate policy):
        here is what I had in mind
21:46 < srevilak> We'll do two breakout sessions.
21:47 < srevilak> First session: each group picks a policy plan and
        tries to come up with ideas
21:47 < srevilak> Second session: each group tries to come up with goals
        for the next year
21:47 < jokeefe> works for me
21:47 < srevilak> We'll give each group large sheets of easel paper and
        markers, where they can jot ideas
21:48 < srevilak> and the end, we'll collect the sheets, transcribe,
        and go from there
21:48 < jokeefe> sounds good
21:48 < srevilak> cool
21:49  * srevilak ran a precinct meeting last week.  First time
        facilitating with easel paper.
21:49 < srevilak> Take notes in front of a group, and plaster them around
        the room
21:49 < srevilak> worked well.
21:49 < jokeefe> great
21:50 < jokeefe> In terms of sign ups
21:50 < jokeefe> 1 on meetup
21:50 < jokeefe> 6/21 on FB
21:50 < srevilak> five on civi, three on piryx
21:51 < srevilak> I'm hoping we get walk ins :/
21:52 < jokeefe> well more people gave piryx, so I suggest you count
        anyone who gave this year
21:52 < srevilak> On the other hand, we have 20 speakers
21:52 < srevilak> Which more or less makes this a conference where
        everyone presents.  That's not such a bad thing
21:53 < srevilak> speaking of which, I have a deposit report to file
21:53 -!- Moses [webchat@82.136.vp.hyn] has quit [Quit: Web client closed]
21:53 -!- m [webchat@82.136.vp.hyn] has joined #masspirates
21:53 < jokeefe> ahoy m
21:54 < jokeefe> anyhow. that is all I have
21:55 < jokeefe> when you have the video done after the conference,
        I can help upload it so we get it done soon after it
21:56 < jokeefe> anything else?
21:57 < hvxgr> I will watch for video or audio after the conf, and
        touch base a couple of times on IRC.  I'm impressed, but expected to
        be impressed.  :->
21:58 < srevilak> hvxgr: we are humbled :)
21:58 < jokeefe> thanks
21:58 < jokeefe> We are planning to live stream, so feel free to tune in.
        Should be up on the blog, hopefully
22:00 < jokeefe> We are at time
22:00 < srevilak> will post transcript
22:01 < jokeefe> thanks
22:02 < hvxgr> Good night/thanks all.
22:03 < jokeefe> good night. thanks for joining us